Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University (28584 Views)

Redeemer’s University Scientists Build 10-minute Ebola And Lassa Test Kits / Dirty Toilets At Unilag Hostels / Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by SamConquer(m): 8:05am On Mar 25, 2015
Anytime matters like this arises,peeps will be shouting "breach of privacy"the truth is what they need to say is "breach of privacy to commit immorality".if one is clean,no amount of CCTV will be of concern.Afterall it is around the hostel,and not inside the hostel room.coming from a ChristIan university,nothing wrong with it,in all entirety.
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by Samirana360(m): 8:06am On Mar 25, 2015
it's bad....
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by Melahou(m): 8:07am On Mar 25, 2015
it shouldn't be a big deal

in overseas where i studied they have CCTV around the hostels
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by mirexxx(f): 8:12am On Mar 25, 2015
harrysterol:
cheesy grin no more kissing sef,
grin grin
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by loomer: 8:13am On Mar 25, 2015
Ymodulus:
It is not legal to install cameras where there is an "expectation of privacy". An hostel room would certainly fall into this category, but the surroundings might not and I am certain that the authorities at reedemer university should know this. And the student should not allow the installation of cameras in their rooms.

There is a small chance that the security guy overseeing the cctv videos might be a pervert and could install cameras illegally for his own personal pleasure.

However the chances of this happening are probably very small and not something I would worry about.

In conclusion, I see nothing wrong with the installation of camera around the hostel. But I see everything wrong with the installation of cameras in the hostel room as this constitutes breach of privacy.

It's seems like the camera is outside d room
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by hauwawu(f): 8:19am On Mar 25, 2015
what is the invasion of privacy here now........as far as the cameras are not in the rooms which can never happen there is no privacy invasion undecided
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by RexioKlasik(m): 8:30am On Mar 25, 2015
Good and not good!...
If its outside rooms its just perfect,Supported!
But if its inside.....Let's talk about it;

C'mon there's gonna be so much issues,and there gonna probably be a lot of hacking and blackmail if the so called security system is not well monitored.
let's face reality now.
*The operators and those monitoring the camera feed may likely compromise, esp in d case of female hostel cameras; reasons there may be many bedroom videos surfacing online. Note that everyone is not so good at wearing clothes 24/7 especially when inside the room,so tell me how not to expect to see videos of naked girls relaxing in d hostel if it gets into wrong hands.so the school should not be surprised when that starts happening.

*Furthermore,there's no point installing them INSIDE; because that's an outright violation of rights,but anyway,what would one expect from these privates.
If they are concerned with security,verandas,corridors and corners outside are just right but inside,its a No No....
But shaa dem students sef no go fit talk anytin.

I rest my case.
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by farem: 8:33am On Mar 25, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
DrLee:
that's an invasion of privacy sha

Does this thread mention bathroom and bedroom? How come you consider installing CCTV in hostel an invasion? Even, if they did, do they have personal rooms to each student?
In the event of untowards happenning to dear students, your likes will be the ones asking what measures were put in place to forestall such incidence. Do you think Ede campus environment is Lagos/Camp environment?
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by thelastgenius: 8:36am On Mar 25, 2015
Ymodulus:
It is not legal to install cameras where there is an "expectation of privacy". An hostel room would certainly fall into this category, but the surroundings might not and I am certain that the authorities at reedemer university should know this. And the student should not allow the installation of cameras in their rooms.

There is a small chance that the security guy overseeing the cctv videos might be a pervert and could install cameras illegally for his own personal pleasure.

However the chances of this happening are probably very small and not something I would worry about.

In conclusion, I see nothing wrong with the installation of camera around the hostel. But I see everything wrong with the installation of cameras in the hostel room as this constitutes breach of privacy.

Its Not in the rooms oo.... Just the porters lodge and outside a block facing a bushy path
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by alchemist(m): 8:51am On Mar 25, 2015
emusmith:
CCTV Installed In Redeemer's University Hostels?

It seems the management of Redeemer's University, Ede has decided to take steps in monitoring students' activities outside school hours.

A student sent this picture to me that shows CCTV cameras being installed around their hostels.

Well what can I say?

http://www.jimcaddy.com/2015/03/cctv-installed-in-redeemers-university.html?m=1

I thought when i post picture of student fetching water, some people were quick to chop me like noodle. The school is not just placing thier priorities right. Only God knows if they have installed bunks for the student because the last time i check, they dont have bunk in their rooms neither do they have chairs and tables in their classroom.

I even heard the VC is trying to enforce a rule for the student to buy food ticket before being allowed inside the school all because his wife is the one running the two cafeteria's in the school. She has manage to chase every other food vendor out of the school with her husband influence. And the food they cook for the student is just total rubbish.

I pray my babe finish next year because that school no be am again since they left redemption camp.
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by GogetterMD(m): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2015
haibe:

are you high? Installing cctv In a hostel where people can be na.ked or want to do private things? Chai see reasoning
This is what happens when you refuse to comprehend simple sentences before making conclusions. The article mentioned installing CCTV around the hostels, and not inside the hostel rooms. I taya for your lack of understanding biko
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by dabossman(m): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2015
Some folks here didn't even check the attached picture before commenting. That CCTV camera is outside the hostel, not inside. It's okay to have cameras outside the surroundings of the hostel but definitely not in the rooms. I doubt that RCCG would go that far.
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by Emmy157: 9:04am On Mar 25, 2015
The students really need to protest. CCTV in the hostel is not acceptable. It is wrong!
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by Missmossy(f): 9:06am On Mar 25, 2015
Cctv of all things, not nice. There would be no privacy at all.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by tete7000(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2015
They will never allow this students grow up. It's really a shame that many of these so-called universities treat adults like babies
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by elwears: 9:38am On Mar 25, 2015
I think this school is over doing things, whr's the right to privacy to its students, seriously just some how.
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by ifeomaekol(f): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You damn wise! How does hostel equal toilet and bathroom?
maybe not but believe me when I tell you that the kind of treatment of these private universities has an adverse effect on the students when they graduate. If cameras are in the hostel, is it nt to know who is in his or her room? So it is there to monitor right? So is it nt infringing on their privacy? Will they now dress outside their room?
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by ifeomaekol(f): 9:56am On Mar 25, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You damn wise! How does hostel equal toilet and bathroom?
maybe not but believe me when I tell you that the kind of treatment these private universities give out to their students has an adverse effect on them when they graduate.
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by Godspearl(f): 9:58am On Mar 25, 2015
Its not strange atall.We had CCTV in my hostel @ U.I then.Its on all d corridors and at d quadrangle.
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by Misogynist2014(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2015
ifeomaekol:
maybe not but believe me when I tell you that the kind of treatment these private universities give out to their students has an adverse effect on them when they graduate.
Is this a good move to you? To me, it is good. [size=17] Most evil are done in secret.[/size]
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by ifeomaekol(f): 10:17am On Mar 25, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Is this a good move to you? To me, it is good. [size=17] Most evil are done in secret.[/size]
u have a point, but the way these p universites go about their training, often times leaves their students 10times worse. Well I hope it all comes out fine for both the students and the school. Truth is that I dnt have any confidence in all these p universities cos I have seen what the students are like after graduation.

1 Like

Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by octopusfreaky(f): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2015
Bad news for thieves,pregnant girls (hiding it ) and contraband smugglers..
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by olayinkaj2(m): 11:16am On Mar 25, 2015
As long as it is not installed in the rooms no probs because you can't imagine a lady coming back from lecture room tired and wanting to relax by pulling off all and decided to sleep, and some ladies that loves moving around the room with only panties, the guy monitoring the camera will just be watching mojo free off charge.
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by whysquare4real(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2015
DrLee:
that's an invasion of privacy sha
That is BBA (Redeemer University Version)
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by thelastgenius: 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
alchemist:

I thought when i post picture of student fetching water, some people were quick to chop me like noodle. The school is not just placing thier priorities right. Only God knows if they have installed bunks for the student because the last time i check, they dont have bunk in their rooms neither do they have chairs and tables in their classroom.

I even heard the VC is trying to enforce a rule for the student to buy food ticket before being allowed inside the school all because his wife is the one running the two cafeteria's in the school. She has manage to chase every other food vendor out of the school with her husband influence. And the food they cook for the student is just total rubbish.

I pray my babe finish next year because that school no be am again since they left redemption camp.

This guy........ is it that you're jobless or you just have a hobby of defacing my school??..tf??!! ........

The ticket proposed is optional and the cafeteria does not belong to the Vc's wife!! There are two bunks in my room ,, tables and chairs in all classes I've been,, water runs in my bathroom..
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by alchemist(m): 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
thelastgenius:

This guy........ is it that you're jobless or you just have a hobby of defacing my school??..tf??!! ........

The ticket proposed is optional and the cafeteria does not belong to the Vc's wife!! There are two bunks in my room ,, tables and chairs in all classes I've been,, water runs in my bathroom..

Na you gan gan i dey wait for since. Welcome, good student of RUN.
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by alchemist(m): 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
thelastgenius:

Na you gan gan i dey wait for since. Welcome, good student of RUN. If you claim all is in place, snap picture and show us nah. please dont show us sample class and room ooh
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by thelastgenius: 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
alchemist:

Na you gan gan i dey wait for since. Welcome, good student of RUN. If you claim all is in place, snap picture and show us nah. please dont show us sample class and room ooh

Agbaya cheesy....... I never resume...
But this time around eh ... I go snap all the pictures snap my Wc join sef.... Ahan...

No dey spoil my school name
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by thelastgenius: 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
alchemist:

Sample class kor sample frame nii
Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ymodulus:

You are wonderfully wise! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University by kajsa(f): 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
Its actually the best when they admit half-immatured-underaged kids in....mtchew...
Rubbish + nonsense= jargons

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB / My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide / Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.