Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist (4630 Views)

Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. / Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Equal ISIS / Adeboye & Wife Surprise Local RCCG Parish With A Visit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 11:59am On Mar 25, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao stop the ad hominem in the bolded, thats why i hate discussing with you. you get emotionally personal over nothing.

over nothing? engaging you is tiring cos you just keep regurgitating same thing.
johnydon22:

let me now unravel your ignorance before you with only a question.

What religion did Jesus and his disciples practise?
A. Judaism B. Christianity
I have answered you. Before Christ death, they were under the law. After his death, it was a different story angry
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by johnydon22(m): 12:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

Very very smart comment. But know that once u as a "christain" commits a crime or murder someone etc then u have gone against Christ's teachings and hence should not call yourself a christain. Crime committing "christains" and atheists have one thing in common, their is no command, doctrine, etc that calls for or justifies such wickedness.
They are christians and that is all.. unless you want to say nobody is a christian then cus you wouldn't claim nobody commits sin..

Havent you committed something that was considered a sin before? did that make you not to be a christian?

Morality is not distinctively christian nor muslim nor any ism..Morality is human..
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by johnydon22(m): 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
An2elect2:
have answered you. Before Christ death, they were under the law. After his
death, it was a different story angry
You see? all your arguments are based on what your christian sect teaches you today. . . Clearly this shows you know nothing about the first council of jerusalem and you are arguing over what you know nothing about.. am done..smiley
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

Very very smart comment. But know that once u as a "christain" commits a crime or murder someone etc then u have gone against Christ's teachings and hence should not call yourself a christain. Crime committing "christains" and atheists have one thing in common, their is no command, doctrine, etc that calls for or justifies such wickedness.

are you saved by grace or law? are you saying our sins cancel our salvation?
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

Not necessarily. It's the motivation rather than the justification that should be in question. If someone claims God told him to kill or associates his crime with his religion, claiming it's not true or that he is not a real Christian is a no true Scotsman fallacy.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
johnydon22:

You see? all your arguments are based on what your christian sect teaches you today. . . Clearly this shows you know nothing about the first council of jerusalem and you are arguing over what you know nothing about.. am done..smiley

sorry buddy you are the one that knows nothing. bye.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by johnydon22(m): 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
An2elect2:

sorry buddy you are the one that knows nothing. bye.
Do you want me to teach you about the first council of jerusalem? smiley i will gladly do smiley
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
johnydon22:
Do you want me to teach you about the first council of jerusalem? smiley i will gladly do smiley

You guys should decide first what you're basing your arguments off, the bible or verified history...#justsaying lipsrsealed
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by johnydon22(m): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
DProDG:

You guys should decide first what you're basing your arguments off, the bible or verified history...#justsaying lipsrsealed
She doesn't even know, all her argument is based on what she has been taught all her life. . . if i add the historical authenticity of the bible she would go nuts..cheesy
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by kay1one2(m): 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
alienvirus:
The Lord's Resistance Army

Who are they? The Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) is a Christian Fundamentalist terrorist group originally from Uganda, but now active in the Sudan, the Central African Republic, and other places. Uganda, you may remember, is a hotbed of Christian Fundamentalism, so it makes sense that a group who calls themselves “Christianist” would come from the country. The LRA surfaced in the popular conscious sometime ago when Joesph Kony suddenly became a meme on the internet; up to that point, their main claim to fame is child sex slaves and children soldiers. Indeed, the LRA is known to orchestrate kidnappings, railroading young boys into fighting while forcing young girls into sexual slavery. Those who refused to fight were hacked to pieces. The young girls are forced to be “brides” for the soldiers, and thus helping to spread HIV. They’re especially brutal towards civilians, as well, wiping out entire villages and attacking refugee camps.
The goal of the LRA is pretty straight froward: they want a Bible-based state that uses the Ten Commandments as guide posts. That’s something any right-wing politician or Christianist can sympathize with, right?
7. Ku Klux Klan
Active: 1860s-Present, 149 years
Who are they? These guys don’t need any introduction; every American knows who the Invisible Empire is. The Klan name probably comes from the Ancient Greek ‘κύκλος‘ (kuklos), which means “circle.” There’s a frightening overlap between White Supremacist ideology and Christian terrorism in the Western World, and the Klan is the tip of that iceberg. There’ve actually been three Klans; the first one was formed in 1865, in Pulaski, and drew on former members of the Confederacy Army. They were a vigilante group, and they wore the sheets as a reminder of their fellow Confederates who died (think the classic “sheet ghost” and you’re not far off). Everything about the Klan is geared towards terrorism and psychological war, from the uniform to the cross burning. And while it’s true the Klan got their start as an arm of the Democratic Party, it was back when the Republicans were Theodore Roosevelt and not Sarah Palin, so I dare you to tell a modern Klansman they voted for Barack Obama.
While the Klan started out hunting down and terrorizing freemen and women, that wasn’t their sole target. The Klan is a far right-wing Protestant organization, and being a Protestant organization, they hate Catholics. As a result, Klan has targeted both Catholics and Jews in the (not-so-distant) past. The KKK’s history is so violent, in fact, that many draw a comparison between the KKK and Al Qaeda, although I think that’s an unfair comparison, as I’ll explain below.
6. National Liberation Front of Tripura
Active: 1989 to present, about 30 years
Who are they? You’ve probably heard of the Lord’s Resistance Army and the KKK, but this is a group that I’m pretty sure you haven’t, unless you’re from India. It’s easy for us to forget, as Americans, just how big India is; it’s far more diverse than Europe is, culturally speaking, and it’s roughly the same size. It’s called the “world’s largest democracy” for a reason, but as the United States shows, no democracy is without it’s secessionists. And these folks are just some of the many secessionist organizations in India.
According to their manifesto, the NLFT wants ” to expand the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura,” and often does so at the point of a gun. They threatened anyone celebrating the Hindu Festival of Durga Puja with death, and are backed by a Baptist Church that’s selling them arms. They’ve orchestrated at least two massacres, and used rape as a tool of intimidation. While the Nayanbasi faction has been shut down, the Biswamohan faction has promised to fight on. So here we have a Christian terrorist group spreading their faith in India “by sword,” metaphorically, and at the point of a gun more prosaically — small wonder we haven’t heard anything about them in the West, huh?
5. Antibalaka
Active: 1990s to present, about 25 years
Who are they? I’ve cited the Central African Genocide in at least two articles now; these are the militia behind that genocide. Their name means “anti-machete” in the Sango and Mandja languages, and they first formed to defend Christians and Animists who were on the receiving end of politically motivated violence carried out by Muslims. As these things often do, the tables turned, and now the Antibalaka is doing what right-wingers only wish they could do: ethnically cleanse their country of all Muslims. This includes children, who they’ve targeted and murdered in the past. Now, the Antibalaka now stand accused of crimes far worse than anything that Séléka, the Muslim rebel group, are guilty of.
4. Catholic Reaction Force/Protestant Action Force
Active: 1983 till 1994; at least 2002 for other groups using the CRF name; 1970s till 1990s for PAF
Who are they? Really, anytime some claims that Christians aren’t violent, all you have to do is direct them to Ireland. I could do a whole entry on what happened in North Ireland, beginning in the 1970s. Americans like to pretend that Eire is Guinness, the Blarney Stone, and leprechauns, but during the 1970s, religious violence a la the Thirty Years’ War was painting the Emerald Isle ruby red. The Irish call this time period The Troubles, and that’s an understatement if there ever was one.
The Provisional IRA is perhaps the best known terrorist agency from the period and would definitely earn their spot on this list, if I weren’t aiming for more obscure groups, but the Catholic Reaction Force and Protestant Action Force were also active and, in the case of the latter, also responsible for a large number of murders. For those who are unfamiliar with the Troubles, it occurred in North Ireland and, as so many European conflicts do, pitted Protestants against Catholics in unmitigated bloodshed. The CRF was behind the Darkley killings, in addition to several mailed bombings in the early 2000s. The PAF, which was far more effective in their killings, has a rap sheet a mile long. You can find it on the Wikipedia page, here.
3. The Orange Volunteers
Active: Early 1970s to Present, about 40 years
Who are they: We’re staying in Ireland for this next group. Fans of science fiction probably remember the Orange Catholic Bible from Frank Herbert’s Dune, but may never have understood why that name was so subversive, or why it was similar to Herbert’s other Coca-Pepsi religious hybrids like Zensunni. Orange is the color of Protestantism in Ireland, and green is the color of Catholicism; when you wear green on St. Patty’s Day, you’re proclaiming your Catholic heritage. The Orange Volunteers, then, are a Protestant terrorist organization.
The OV are Protestant Fundamentalist, and responsible for a number of violent attacks in North Ireland. While the police have been cracking down on the group, the group is still considered to be active and is still terrorizing Catholic citizens and hitting “soft targets.”
2. The Aryan Nations
Active: Unknown, to the Present
Who are they? “The Aryan Nations” is an umbrella agency that nets a large number of White and Christian Supremacist agencies ranging from certain breeds of Neo-Nazi to the KKK itself. It’s heyday was in the 1980s and the 1990s, when various White Nationalist groups would convene at the group’s Idaho compound for their annual congress.
The Aryan Nations got their start in the Christian Identity movement, but has since fractured into no fewer than three factions, with one faction even looking to buddy-buddy with Al-Qaeda in 2005. The Phineas Priesthood is another branch, and they’ve made headlines here on AATTP before. The last faction is the Aryan Nation Revival, which holds to their Christian Identity heritage like small-town Conservatives cling to their guns and Bibles.
1. The Christian Identity Movement
Active: 1920/1930s to Present, about 95 years
Who are they? When you’re dealing with White Nationalism and White Supremacy in the United States, it’s turtles all the way down, but you can almost certainly find God at the top of the heap. That’s what the Christian Identity Movement is; it’s not necessarily an organization so much as it is a loose affiliation of organizations like the Aryan Nations.
The Christian Identity Movement is a very weird movement; they actually have hostile relations with Evangelicals and other charismatic Protestants — not because they’re racist bigots, no; it’s because the CIM is Post-Millennial, where the vast majority of Evangelicals are Pre-Millennial. This distinction is lost on anyone who hasn’t studied the Scofield-Derby Heresies, but the basic idea is that the Tribulation has already occurred and the goal is to build up the world to the second coming. Their theology is just as skewed, though; for instance, members of the CIM believe that non-Caucasians don’t have souls, and therefore, can’t be saved.
The CIM is made up of various Christian terrorist organizations, like Americans Promise Ministries, who are responsible for terrorist attacks and bank robberies; the aforementioned Aryan Nations; the Covenant, the Sword, and the Arm of the Lord; the Oklahoma Constitution Militia; and the South African Groups that were behind the 2002 Soweto bombings.
This group is why I consider the comparison between the KKK and Al-Qaeda to be unfair. The CIM is a worldwide movement, with adherents across the Commonwealth and former-Commonwealth Countries, as well as the United States, and is responsible for ideologically motivated terrorism. This, I think, makes the Christian Identity Movement a much better comparison to Al-Qaeda than the KKK.

Which junk part of the internet did you get this crap! I have a better link... the frontpage of this site has and mostly has pictures of boko haram members fighting for islam and its idol!
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by yazach: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

Chai!! Ifeann here you are, committing your blunders again. grin grin grin grin grin you can't even spell your religion and you want to teach English Language to preparatory class students. Men you are dullard grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ok I remember it is your auto-correct
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
yazach:

Chai!! Ifeann here you are, committing your blunders again. grin grin grin grin grin you can't even spell your religion and you want to teach English Language to preparatory class students. Men you are dullard grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ok I remember it is your auto-correct

U forgot to put an "a" before dullard in ur insult above.

Once again, its auto correct like u already know, I once misspelt it and my auto correct recorded as a new word. that's why it happened twice... Infact this proves to u that it is auto correct because I obviously know how to spell christian, like u said, its my religion.

Now run along, their arE more important issues to discuss on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
An2elect2:

are you saved by grace or law? are you saying our sins cancel our salvation?

Of course it can, accepting Christ is not a free pass to sin.

I see where u are going with this. But let me ask u this before I give u verses defending my answer;
Please answer this,

'Do u think that a human who accepts Christ and goes on committing sins contravening the teaching of Christ will be saved ?? Yes or no, explain with verses if u can.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

Of course it can, accepting Christ is not a free pass to sin.

I see where u are going with this. But let me ask u this before I give u verses defending my answer;
Please answer this,

'Do u think that a human who accepts Christ and goes on committing sins contravening the teaching of Christ will be saved ?? Yes or no,
explain with verses if u can.

My dear if you understand what we are saved from and saved to you wont be saying this. Am busy right now, will get back.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
An2elect2:

My dear if you understand what we are saved from and saved to you wont be saying this. Am busy right now, will get back.

I am very very interested in seeing you try to defend ur stance on this issue with scripture.. I hope u do come back and do that...
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

I am very very interested in seeing you try to defend ur stance on this issue with scripture.. I hope u do come back and do that...
I am back. Can we make this a conversation. Its easier that way i think. Am going to start by quoting a known scripture that explicitly talks about salvation. If this does not do then we will keep kicking.

Here it is:

For we are saved by grace through faith and
that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God

Not of works lest any man should boast

Ephesians2:8,9.

Now i demand two answers from you.
1)Is this passage talking about the salvation you were talking about(that can be lost)?
2) Why did it say salvation is by grace through faith?
I await your reply. This is going to be interesting and i pray fruitful too.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by malvisguy212: 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
An2elect2:

I am back. Can we make this a conversation. Its easier that way i think. Am going to start by quoting a known scripture that explicitly talks about salvation. If this does not do then we will keep kicking.

Here it is:

1)Is this passage talking about the salvation you were talking about(that can be lost)?
don't you think it will derailed this thread?

Bible define salvation as the work of God through christ Jesus.

We are saved by grace(unmerited favour from God)through faith(faith in Jesus christ) and is a gift from God, not of work less any man should boast(our righteous work cannot save us) in titus 3:5 it say;

Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of the
righteous things we had done, but
because of his mercy. He washed away
our sins, giving us a new birth and new
life through the Holy Spirit.
And isaiah say our righteousness is as filty as rags
(Isaiah 64:6) " But we are all as an
unclean thing, and all our
righteousnesses are as filthy rags;
and we all do fade as a leaf; and our
iniquities, like the wind, have taken us
away."
(Romans 3:10) "As it is written, There is
none righteous, no, not one:"

God saved us not because we are righteous,but because He loves us;
2 Timothy 1:9 "Who hath saved us,
and called us with an holy calling, not
ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,"
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
don't you think it will derailed this thread?

Bible define salvation as the work of God through christ Jesus.

We are saved by grace(unmerited favour from God)through faith(faith in Jesus christ) and is a gift from God, not of work less any man should boast(our righteous work cannot save us) in titus 3:5 it say;

Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of the
righteous things we had done, but
because of his mercy. He washed away
our sins, giving us a new birth and new
life through the Holy Spirit.
And isaiah say our righteousness is as filty as rags
(Isaiah 64:6) " But we are all as an
unclean thing, and all our
righteousnesses are as filthy rags;
and we all do fade as a leaf; and our
iniquities, like the wind, have taken us
away."
(Romans 3:10) "As it is written, There is
none righteous, no, not one:"

God saved us not because we are righteous,but because He loves us;
2 Timothy 1:9 "Who hath saved us,
and called us with an holy calling, not
ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,"

Amen! smiley derail the thread? maybe but if that will save some why not. Thanks for your contribution. I await Ifeann's response to my questions.

1 Like

Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 11:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
An2elect2:

Here it is:

Please can u create a topic on this and mention me... u can title it " can we sin and still be saved? " at the moment i am in a debate with muslims .

I know the passages u quoted but that does not support ur argument. U see , we are saved by grace through Christ but we must make the effort to be christ like in an effort not to be caught unawares.

Remember the parable of the virgins who went for the wedding feast and were not prepared for a long wait then got kicked out by the bridegroom because they went to get more oil, remember christ said that many will perform miracles in his name but will be rejected because of their sins here is the
verse
Matthew 7:21 – 23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Notice christ said "but only those who does the will of my father"

THIS means we can NOT go on sining murdering people, fornicating and yet be saved. This now brings us to the question of works, we cannot earn salvation solely by our works but our works matter read matthew 25: 31 -46.. u will see how christ describes how our works will be used to judge us..

In summary we are not justified by works of law( romans 3: 28), we are saved by faith through Christ (as u have stated in the 2 verses above) and our works matter (matthew 25: 31-46)...

How has ur view changed after reading this.... ?

Please create a topic and invite me for mpre discussion on this..
Peace.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

Please can u create a topic on this and mention me... u can title it " can we sin and still be saved? " at the moment i am in a debate with muslims .

I know the passages u quoted but that does not support ur argument. U see , we are saved by grace through Christ but we must make the effort to be christ like in an effort not to be caught unawares.

Remember the parable of the virgins who went for the wedding feast and were not prepared for a long wait then got kicked out by the bridegroom because they went to get more oil, remember christ said that many will perform miracles in his name but will be rejected because of their sins here is the
verse
Matthew 7:21 – 23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Notice christ said "but only those who does the will of my father"

THIS means we can NOT go on sining murdering people, fornicating and yet be saved. This now brings us to the question of works, we cannot earn salvation solely by our works but our works matter read matthew 25: 31 -46.. u will see how christ describes how our works will be used to judge us..

In summary we are not justified by works of law( romans 3: 28), we are saved by faith through Christ (as u have stated in the 2 verses above) and our works matter (matthew 25: 31-46)...

How has ur view changed after reading this.... ?

Please create a topic and invite me for mpre discussion on this..
Peace.

Hmmm. When you are done splitting hairs with muslims open a thread on this and i will gladly come. Good night.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 11:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
An2elect2:

Hmmm. When you are done splitting hairs with muslims open a thread on this and i will gladly come. Good night.

Remember u were the one who called me out First on my comment..

U were the one who wanted a discussion.

I won't derail this thread.. If u are serious about a theological discussion and "soul winning" u have to create a topic and we shall discuss this.

I focus my topics on Islam, check what remains of my past 46 posts. Its all Islam.

By the way, I asked u, How has ur view changed after reading what I wrote above.... ? Make sure to read the verses I quoted...

Have a nice evening.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 11:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

Remember u were the one who called me out First on my comment..

U were the one who wanted a discussion.

I won't derail this thread.. If u are serious about a theological discussion and "soul winning" u have to create a topic and we shall discuss this.

I focus my topics on Islam, check what remains of my past 46 posts. Its all Islam.

By the way, I asked u, How has ur view changed after reading what I wrote above.... ? Make sure to read the verses I quoted...

Have a nice evening.

Common, you said you were very very interested in seeing me defend my stance. Alright open a thread for that. Am not good at opening threads take the lead.
What you said up there only made me shake my head. Sorry to say, you do not really understand what salvation entails. How grace operates and how works start. You just mixed up everything there.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 11:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
An2elect2:

Common, you said you were very very interested in seeing me defend my stance. Alright open a thread for that. Am not good at opening threads take the lead.
What you said up there only made me shake my head. Sorry to say, you do not really understand what salvation entails. How grace operates and how works start. You just mixed up everything there.

Lol... okay go on sinning and expect to be saved.

I will try my best and be christ like and do good works as well as believe in christs justification be faith. U on the other hand can sin all u want and believe u are saved because u have faith.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 11:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

We are saved from sin not in sin. If i go on living in sin, i make Christ a minister of sin. You should ask what salvation is.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

I will try my best and be christ like and do good works as well as believe in christs justification be faith.
you will try your best to be christlike? girl you don't know what being christlike is. It is not your work to be like Christ, it is the work of "God in you"
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
An2elect2:

We are saved from sin not in sin. If i go on living in sin, i make Christ a minister of sin. You should ask what salvation is.

Ok.. from sin, at sin, in sin, of sin, please dont make a play of words to justify sinning and claiming u are saved because u claimed to be born again..
Like i said,
I will try my best and be christ like and do good works as well as believe in christs justification be faith. U on the other hand can sin all u want and believe u are saved because u have faith.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 11:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ifeann:

The reason i hate sin is because ive been shown mercy and given grace.

Grace empowers us to sin no more.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 12:00am On Mar 26, 2015
An2elect2:

you will try your best to be christlike? girl you don't know what being christlike is. It is not your work to be like Christ, it is the work of "God in you"

So if a born again christian shoots her cheating husband because he cheated then the "god in her" will still save her even if she doesnt repent because long ago she accepted christ. Ok.

This is what happens when money hungry pastors open churches to preach without going to ministering school.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 12:06am On Mar 26, 2015
An2elect2:

The reason i hate sin is because ive been shown mercy and given grace.

Grace empowers us to sin no more.

so u mean to tell me that since u became born again, grace has prevented from sinning, u have neveer sinned since that faithful day. Yes or no

I am very interested to learn ur version of being born again.

We are constantly fighting sin... that gossiping colleague at work, that bad mouthed relative, that sexual temptation, or binge drinking/eating habit, even laziness..we must work to aviod sinning and if we do sin, we must come to God in repentance still having faith that by his grace through faith we are saved.

Being born again is not a free pass to sin my dear. .whether by sin, in sin, of sin, at sin, with sin etc.. we must constantly fight our carnal nature and hope by faith we stay strong till the end..
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Horus(m): 12:11am On Mar 26, 2015
The man who commited this attack was Richard White, a 63-year-old former Army serviceman who has long been retired and living on Social Security and disability checks.

Instead, law enforcement was quick to chalk this incident up to the attacker’s alleged “mental health issues.”

He was a former Army serviceman. I am sure you've heard of the many soldiers who come back from the wars and are really in bad shape mentally? About 660 veterans commit suicide per month in the U.S. They return and many are unprepared to deal with ghosts of death. For example; these soldiers when they return are not only haunted by the memories of the deaths or killings, yet also by the spirits of those whose lives they have taken. THIS IS REAL! And the soldiers are being haunted yet they are not listened to and it is made to seem as if they are crazy. They are not! And any medication or treatment that is given does not help them or help their state of mind.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 12:28am On Mar 26, 2015
Ifeann:

So if a born again christian shoots her cheating husband because he cheated then the "god in her" will still save her even if she doesnt repent because long ago she accepted christ. Ok.
This is what happens when money hungry pastors open churches to preach without going to ministering school.
Ifeann:

Ok.. from sin, at sin, in sin, of sin, please dont make a play of words to justify sinning and claiming u are saved because u claimed to be born again..
Like i said,
Ifeann:

so u mean to tell me that since u became born again, grace has prevented from sinning, u have neveer sinned since that faithful day. Yes or no

smh you are so ignorant of the goodnews. It sounds so good to be true to you and that's why you attack it not knowing you are opposing yourself.

You accuse me of embracing sin because i told you the truth that only by grace( what you hate) can you overcome sin.

I have nothing to bring before God but i cling unto the cross of Christ knowing that my salvation cometh from no other. I have no works to boast before God for my best is filth before Him.

For if it is by grace then it is no more of works. If
it were, grace is no more grace.
Rom 11:6

I do not claim perfection but i chase after that which have laid hold of me. The reason i pursue good works is because God has come and saved me, a wretched sinner. It would be an insult to the throne of grace to add one thing to my salvation.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
An2elect2:

smh you are so ignorant of the goodnews. It sounds so good to be true to you and that's why you attack it not knowing you are opposing yourself.

You accuse me of embracing sin because i told you the truth that only by grace( what you hate) can you overcome sin.

I have nothing to bring before God but i cling unto the cross of Christ knowing that my salvation cometh from no other. I have no works to boast before God for my best is filth before Him.

For if it is by grace then it is no more of works. If
it were, grace is no more grace.
Rom 11:6

I do not claim perfection but i chase after that which have laid hold of me. The reason i pursue good works is because God has come and saved me, a wretched sinner. It would be an insult to the throne of grace to add one thing to my salvation.

U accuse me of being ignorant. Lol. This is funny.
So because I say that we need to maintain a Christ like behaviour by doing good works and avoiding sin as well as having faith that by Christ's grace we are saved. Because when u are saved and become a christain u are a new creature and must have good works. A good tree does not bear bad fruit.

If a person claims to be a believer, but has no good works in his/her life, then he/she likely does not have genuine faith in Christ read James 2:14, 17, 20, 26).
Paul says the same thing in his writings. The good fruit believers should have in their lives is listed in Galatians 5:22-23. Immediately after telling us that we are saved by faith, not works ( Ephesians 2:8-9), Paul informs us that we were created to do good works ( Ephesians 2:10). Have u read christ's parable of the Gold coins in Luke 19 verse 11 to 27. We have all been given a free gift and must produce results.

Do u know why we have a lot of bad "Christians". Because they think like u.
They believe that no matter the sins they commit they are saved.
This is why we have pastors sleeping with church members, women getting pregnant before marriage, people stealing money to donate to their churches..

U totally misunderstand how u are saved from sin.

Have u every read the entire New testament, read that. I quoted several verses for u, there are more.. U on the other hand didn't quote a single verse from Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Real Meaning Of Allah / Jehovah's Witnesses And Their Many False Prophecies / Telugu Christian Christmas Mp3 Songs FREE Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.