Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist (4635 Views)

Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. / Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Equal ISIS / Adeboye & Wife Surprise Local RCCG Parish With A Visit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by An2elect2(f): 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ifeann:

U accuse me of being ignorant. Lol. This is funny.
So because I say that we need to maintain a Christ like behaviour by doing good works and avoiding sin as well as having faith that by Christ's grace we are saved. Because when u are saved and become a christain u are a new creature and must have good works. A good tree does not bear bad fruit.
I see you are trying to play smart. The reason i quoted you in the first place was because you erroneously said that salvation can be lost through sin. According to you a christian who sins should not call himself a christian anymore.

We need to maintain good works and we would because we are saved. Good works are the product of our salvation not part of what makes our salvation.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph 2:10.

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation has appeared to all men
teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world." Titus 2:11.

It is grace that teaches us how and also empowers us to do good works. The holy spirit in us convicts us of sin, righteousness and judgement. John16:8. He is not some idle personality who just gives us the road mad. He conforms us to the image of Christ. That's the mystery of Christ in us. Christ living in us that was why Paul could say things like

"i have been crucified with Christ never the less i live yet not i but Christ. For the life i live now in the flesh, i live by the faith of the son of God who loved me and gave himself for me" Gal 2:20.

"For by the grace of God i am what i am" 1cor 15:10

"Christ in you the hope of glory" Colossians 1:27

"The good tree not producing bad fruits" analogy you used is right. We have the seed of Christ in us, so at the end of the day through much afflictions, perseverance and warnings by God's grace, Christ will be formed in us.

Ifeann:

If a person claims to be a believer, but has no good works in his/her life, then he/she likely does not have genuine faith in Christ read James 2:14, 17, 20, 26).
Paul says the same thing in his writings. The good fruit believers should have in their lives is listed in Galatians 5:22-23. Immediately after telling us that we are saved by faith, not works ( Ephesians 2:8-9), Paul informs us that we were created to do good works ( Ephesians 2:10). Have u read christ's parable of the Gold coins in Luke 19 verse 11 to 27. We have all been given a free gift and must produce results.

go through my posts again and through my entire posts on nairaland if you can, God bearing me witness i have never told anyone to sin because grace is available. You are not being thoughtful and straightforward at all, have you noticed how you readily jumped into two (opp) conclusions.

First you accused me of taking sin lightly. Next, you said i should prove I've have committed no sin since i got born again without putting into your head the contextual meaning of what committing a sin and abiding in sin are. You need to take a chill pill, and ask what this salvation we've been talking about is. Really.

Ifeann:

Do u know why we have a lot of bad "Christians". Because they think like u.
They believe that no matter the sins they commit they are saved.
This is why we have pastors sleeping with church members, women getting pregnant before marriage, people stealing money to donate to their churches..

U totally misunderstand how u are saved from sin.

Have u every read the entire New testament, read that. I quoted several verses for u, there are more.. U on the other hand didn't quote a single verse from Christ.
SMsadH.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by Ifeann(f): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
An2elect2:

I see you are trying to play smart. The reason i quoted you in the first place was because you erroneously said that salvation can be lost through sin. According to you a christian who sins should not call himself a christian anymore.

We need to maintain good works and we would because we are saved. Good works are the product of our salvation not part of what makes our salvation.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph 2:10.

teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world." Titus 2:11.

It is grace that teaches us how and also empowers us to do good works. The holy spirit in us convicts us of sin, righteousness and judgement. John16:8. He is not some idle personality who just gives us the road mad. He conforms us to the image of Christ. That's the mystery of Christ in us. Christ living in us that was why Paul could say things like

"i have been crucified with Christ never the less i live yet not i but Christ. For the life i live now in the flesh, i live by the faith of the son of God who loved me and gave himself for me" Gal 2:20.

"For by the grace of God i am what i am" 1cor 15:10

"Christ in you the hope of glory" Colossians 1:27

"The good tree not producing bad fruits" analogy you used is right. We have the seed of Christ in us, so at the end of the day through much afflictions, perseverance and warnings by God's grace, Christ will be formed in us.

go through my posts again and through my entire posts on nairaland if you can, God bearing me witness i have never told anyone to sin because grace is available. You are not being thoughtful and straightforward at all, have you noticed how you readily jumped into two (opp) conclusions.

First you accused me of taking sin lightly. Next, you said i should prove I've have committed no sin since i got born again without putting into your head the contextual meaning of what committing a sin and abiding in sin are. You need to take a chill pill, and ask what this salvation we've been talking about is. Really.

SMsadH.

Please read through ur posts again... you are practically saying accept christ and u are still saved no matter ur sins and how u live ur life thereafter..... i asked u several times to clarify this and i asked u using an analogy of a born again woman killing her husband and not repenting.
Yet ur view did not change..

Dont u knw u need to come to God in repentance. ..and ask his forgiveness. .repentance is an ongoing process not a onetime event.

i dont see how the quoted verses support ur arguments while i have clearly quoted verses from christ and the apostles supporting my argument. Yet u have quoted none from christ.

One of ur verses even very clearly opposes ur position

U have to avoid ungodliness and lusts and live soberly and righteous.

Some christains claiming they are born again and yet go one committing all sorts of sins and not living righteously , they are not only setting a bad example but they are locking themselves out of God'' kingdom. ...did u even read the bible verses i quoted or do u want me to paste it here. Please do some reading on this and pray for better clarity i will do the same... have a nice day.
Re: Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist by gatiano(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S77y3XnlJHs

Could this dude have been a Muslim? i just wonder. now they would love to put the blame on guess what "Cern" (those are christians' analysis).
some said, let us not judge him; and i'm like "GOD thank you that i have ceased to be a christian", clearly there is nothing called justice and equality in christianity. in arab mohammadian religion too, i must agree.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Of Zion Church Caught Having $ex In A Bush With Married Woman (photo$vid / What Does Sunday Mean To You / What People Don't Know About Mammy Wata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.