Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Growing The Red Stark Apple. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Growing The Red Stark Apple. (10913 Views)

Growing Red Corn With Photos / The Yams I Bought To Eat Have Started Growing In My Room / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 9:35am On Mar 25, 2015
Got several mails asking me if the Redstark apple will survive n Nigeria and how should one go about planting it. l have been very busy but just made out some time to show the step by step procedure for planting, the seedling as it is would do well in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 9:40am On Mar 25, 2015
Preparing the land for planting the Redstark apple seedling. A hole of 2ft deep should be dug. The length and breadth of the hole should also be 2ft respectively.

The spacing from one seedling to another should not be less than 8 and half feet.

Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 9:46am On Mar 25, 2015
Pour a bucket of poultry manure into the hole already dug and mix very well with the top soil, making sure the soil is loose.

Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 9:55am On Mar 25, 2015
Planting of the seedling.

Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 10:03am On Mar 25, 2015
After planting, water with 20 litres of water to help its growth then mulch it to prevent direct sunlight to the soil so that the water does not evaporate.

Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 10:05am On Mar 25, 2015
Water the seedling either in the mornings or evenings. The variety is disease resistant thus no need for any chenical spraying.It starts fruiting from the 9th month and harvesting is from 4 to 6 weeks post fruiting. It fruits twice a year and one harvests between 50 to 100 apples per harvest from the apple tree.

Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Jesusbaby6(f): 10:13am On Mar 25, 2015
thanks my brother. i ordered the seeds, expecting them soon. but i recieved my grape and strawberry seeds, planted them yesterday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2015
Jesusbaby6:
thanks my brother. i ordered the seeds, expecting them soon. but i recieved my grape and strawberry seeds, planted them yesterday
Where is the apple seedlings coming in from? l hope you keep a close watch on your nursery. What colour is your grape?
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Ayostically: 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
Can it be grown in any part of the country or is there a particular region suitable for growing it

pls how can one get these seedlings
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by sheyi86: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
MAY GOD BLESS U SIR
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Juliana7: 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
Wow! Awesome info
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
@pavored
Nice one.
Keep it rolling.
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by funstufz: 10:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
Well done Sir, Please give details on weather/region for growing this type of fruit. Tanx
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by MightyFortress: 9:09am On Mar 26, 2015
Lovely...
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Jesusbaby6(f): 9:39am On Mar 26, 2015
Pavore9:
Where is the apple seedlings coming in from? l hope you keep a close watch on your nursery. What colour is your grape?

The apple seeds are coming from china, the grape seeds i ordered is pink, i have started the nursery for the grape and strawberry seeds.
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

The apple seeds are coming from china, the grape seeds i ordered is pink, i have started the nursery for the grape and strawberry seeds.

Females and pink colour! grin How long did they tell you it will take the grapes and apple to fruit?
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 12:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ayostically:
Can it be grown in any part of the country or is there a particular region suitable for growing it

pls how can one get these seedlings

It can be grown across Nigeria. Someone who is a top politician already has an orchard of it in the South west (l am not permitted to mention his name) l am told when he visited Kenya, he travelled to the apple farm/nursery which is about 2 hours drive from Nairobi and bought 200 seedling @ $11 per seedling, got his permit from KEPHIS (The Kenyan agency responsible for certifying plants than goes in and out of the country) and travelled with it back to Nigeria.
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by lennymutai(m): 4:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
Pavore9:

It can be grown across Nigeria. Someone who is a top politician already has an orchard of it in the South west (l am not permitted to mention his name) l am told when he visited Kenya, he travelled to the apple farm/nursery which is about 2 hours drive from Nairobi and bought 200 seedling @ $11 per seedling, got his permit from KEPHIS (The Kenyan agency agency responsible for certifying plants than goes in and out of the country) and travelled with it back to Nigeria.
The politician is a former president.He normaly frequents kenya on agricultutal tours ,way back he visited dominion farms.And he is really a serious farmer.

1 Like

Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
Pavore9:

Females and pink colour! grin How long did they tell you it will take the grapes and apple to fruit?

My absolute worst colour, pink!
lipsrsealed
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by femora007(m): 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
Pavore9:
Water the seedling either in the mornings or evenings. The variety is disease resistant thus no need for any chenical spraying.It starts fruiting from the 9th month and harvesting is from 4 to 6 weeks post fruiting. It fruits twice a year and one harvests between 50 to 100 apples per harvest from the apple tree.
sir, how can i get the seed of this apple
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
femora007:
sir, how can i get the seed of this apple

lf you have anyone visiting Kenya soonest, l can help you arrange it as it is not what can be sent through courier.
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by femora007(m): 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
Pavore9:

lf you have anyone visiting Kenya soonest, l can help you arrange it as it is not what can be sent through courier.
you live in Kenya?
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2015
femora007:
you live in Kenya?

Yes.
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by femora007(m): 7:44pm On Mar 29, 2015
Pavore9:

Yes.
can you package it and mail to me if i give you a zip code. Am in nigeria
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by femora007(m): 7:56am On Apr 03, 2015
femora007:
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 10:42am On Apr 03, 2015
femora007:

lt is not feasible. lf you have anyone visiting, let me know.
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by femora007(m): 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
Pavore9:

lt is not feasible. lf you have anyone visiting, let me know.
ok thanks. What about the price?
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
femora007:
ok thanks. What about the price?

Each seedling goes for 1000 Kenyan shillings which is about N2,200.
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by kayogs: 11:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks for your usual responses Dr. I am only a curious mind with flare for Agric/
Enterpreneurship. I have been on practising Apple on Nigerian soil for about a year now. I
have been able to plant and nurse Red Delicious appleplant to about 1metre ht. Kindly advise on possible pollinators and rootstock to use since am not
used to the likes of M7 or M9 rootstocks here in Nigeria. Similarly, I will want to know
more about the Redstark you advised and how you can assist in the procurement. ogunwusisamuel@yahoo.com. Cheers.
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by okongo(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Pavore9:

Each seedling goes for 1000 Kenyan shillings which is about N2,200.
I av someone coming to nairobi ending of auguat. please can you help buy five seedlings. pls
Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Pavore9: 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
okongo:
I av someone coming to nairobi ending of auguat. please can you help buy five seedlings. pls

That would be no problem, just send me a mail a week before the person's arrival as a reminder.

1 Like

Re: Growing The Red Stark Apple. by Goldenboy842(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
This is very nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare / We Buy Old Layers, Mature Cockerels And Broiler Of Any Quantity / Which Leave Is Basil Leaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.