Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! (6498 Views)

10 Of The Lowest Rated Cars In 2017 – Consumer Reports / World Famous Cars And Their First Cars Ever Made / Is This The Ugliest G-wagon G550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 9:40am On Mar 25, 2015
Ever rolled down the street and noticed a car so darn hideous it made your eyes tear? Or maybe your car is the reason several folks in your neighbourhood have an avid belief in demonic attacks. Car Manufacturers go through a lot to create cars. Most of the time, these are aesthetic and technological breakthroughs; like the 2015 Avalon and the 1967 Merc 600. But then car designers, like politicians drop the ball and create these violations to our eyes. Well, this short article is a tribute to these ‘special’ cars, feel free to add your own!
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by MRLINGTON(m): 9:41am On Mar 25, 2015
Where are d cars??

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 9:55am On Mar 25, 2015
1.Fiat Multipla

The idea behind the car was a good one, a family car that houses 6 people on two rows. However somewhere along the line between design and manufacture, some veto design guy looked at the blueprint and went like ‘know what this car needs? More bulge and lights! Thus, the final result was this bulged out atrocity to the retinas.

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 9:56am On Mar 25, 2015
2. Hyundai Coupe Mk 1

Hyundai had established themselves a maker of econosedans. But they would not have none of that- they wanted to be recognized as a premium sporty car brand. They were on course, until they released the Mk 1 coupe. The ungainly lines and bug lights are probably the reason we still don’t see Hyundai as a sports sedan maker.

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 9:57am On Mar 25, 2015
3.Ssangyong rodius

Its like this car had its front and rear halves created by designers forced to cut any means of contact with each other, with the threat of death. The misshapen result looks just …..odd.

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2015
4.Nissan Juke

I was in traffic one day, and an oncoming Juke gave me the trademark friendly highlight flash. It took me months to realize which set of its lights actually flashed me. Needless to say, it was the lead character in my nightmares for weeks to come.

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 10:06am On Mar 25, 2015
5.Daewoo/ Chevy tacuma

Good things usually happen when 2 car manufacturers come together to create a car. However, during the Chevy- Daewoo meeting, someone might have showed up with one too many Orijin and the rest is history.

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 10:08am On Mar 25, 2015
6.Lamborghini veneno

There, I said it. This motor may have power pass all the cars I have had, have and will own but its as ugly as hell. It looks like something the devil sef keeps to use during special occasions, you know; when he has to bring the big dogs out to create an impression.

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2015
7.Volkwagen thing

Even listening to the name will tell you that this is some weird car. It looks like a VW beetle designed and made with only a T-square and a spirit level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 10:30am On Mar 25, 2015
8.Tatra 603

This car was made for the use of only the Ogas of the communist USSR, so odds are that the designers created it with an AK 47 stuck in their backs; held by a soldier yelling out some weird stuff in Russian. The designers had the ultimate reverenge though; since their product ended up looking like a swollen Beetle.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2015
9.Yugo.

If the bosses rode in the blasphemy above, you can bet Goodluck Jonathan’s hat that the everyday people rode in crappier hell mobiles. One of these was the yugo. Unlike most of the cars on this list, its shoddy design was coupled with even shoddier mechanics. And to add insult to injury, this very car was exported as well, to countries like the United States.

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2015
10.Pontiac Aztek

Lets imagine the boardroom of Pontiac. It was very active boardroom -everyone was suggesting something for the new car. ‘Let’s make an SUV!’ said some. ‘Let’s make a camper!’ said others. ‘Lets make it with BMW grilles!’ ‘No, Let’s make it with slit grills!.’ ‘Let’s make it angular!’ ‘Let’s make it Square!’ This probably went on and on until the Chief Designer stood up and said ‘Why don’t we take all your ideas!’ and the automotive mess known as the Aztek was born. You might say it was of no use but then, what else will we threaten our kids with when they are disobedient?

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by AutosBay(m): 10:34am On Mar 25, 2015
No source or reference to your post.
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 10:42am On Mar 25, 2015
AutosBay:
No source or reference to your post.

Actually, I don't really need a reference. The compiled list and corresponding commentary is as a result of my personal opinion on the automotive industry as far as the topic above is concerned-nothing was copied from any article online. If anything, I'll probably reference Google for the pics I took. wink

4 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
I don't know what #4 & #6 are doing on this list. #1 is really fugly.

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by SpaceAngel: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
Toyota Venture
Nothing can be yuglier than the venture

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by Phrankin(m): 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
Op, you funny die.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
SpaceAngel:
Toyota Venture
Nothing can be yuglier than the venture

They actually sold those? grin grin
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
annoymous:
I don't know what #4 & #6 are doing on this list. #1 is really fugly.

I must admit...the Juke looks kinda cute when i squint- its one of the less atrocious cars in my entries....but the Veneno?....that looks just so wrong!
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
The juke makes me wanna puke. undecided

The veneno is cute jare. Why should it be here?
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by Raymie(m): 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
The Reliant regal. Everything a car should not be.
That car is so ugly and slouchy that Mr Bean loved to hit it for spite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Raymie:
The Reliant regal. Everything a car should not be.
That car is so ugly and slouchy that Mr Bean loved to hit it for spite.
That stuff was actually a real car? shocked

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by emperorizzy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
#1 this car should've been used in Ninja turtles, ionno but they have something in common. Eyes close to the WINDSCREEN. undecided
#2 I don't think it's that bad, but the eyes are awful, and the body work, ewww, seeing it on ground is much worse
#3 suv or sedan? automobile designer you had just one job, and this was the best you could come up with.
#4 I'll always say this, "bringing lights too close to the windscreen is not wisdom". But I can drive one of this anyways
#5 I don't think it should be on the list. If it came out before datsun I'm sure my yoruba peeps would have immortalised it
#6 They should've added wings so we'll know it's a space shuttle. I know you guys wanted a crazy car, but we didn't ask for a car that's villain-themed. Don't mind them, I still love you
#7 add a cage on top and this car will pass as a safari truck. I don't think it's ugly, it's just it's era, look at vw golf cars across the street, savvy?
#8 Arrrrgh! This picture is hurting my eyes. This enters my top 3 ugliest from the 10
#9 yugo first, no you go first, they all scared to enter that live snake. $3000+? Hahahahaha, it ain't ugly, it's a 70's car I guess
#10 Pontiac Aztec hmm, personally I like the car. I don't think it's ugly, it's unique, I guess this is a cross over.
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by missdebs(f): 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
pls add toyota venza to the list, the lambo doesnt deserve to be on the list, its a beautiful beasts
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 5:25am On Mar 26, 2015
Victoriousvic:

That stuff was actually a real car? shocked

Hehehe...sure is! You know of that term 'hit by the ugly stick?' I think the stick was made from a Reliants fender grin.

Anyways, u gotta check out former Top Gear host, Jeremy Clarkson's review on this car...so funny.
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 5:36am On Mar 26, 2015
emperorizzy:
#1 this car should've been used in Ninja turtles, ionno but they have something in common. Eyes close to the WINDSCREEN. undecided
#2 I don't think it's that bad, but the eyes are awful, and the body work, ewww, seeing it on ground is much worse
#3 suv or sedan? automobile designer you had just one job, and this was the best you could come up with.
#4 I'll always say this, "bringing lights too close to the windscreen is not wisdom". But I can drive one of this anyways
#5 I don't think it should be on the list. If it came out before datsun I'm sure my yoruba peeps would have immortalised it
#6 They should've added wings so we'll know it's a space shuttle. I know you guys wanted a crazy car, but we didn't ask for a car that's villain-themed. Don't mind them, I still love you
#7 add a cage on top and this car will pass as a safari truck. I don't think it's ugly, it's just it's era, look at vw golf cars across the street, savvy?
#8 Arrrrgh! This picture is hurting my eyes. This enters my top 3 ugliest from the 10
#9 yugo first, no you go first, they all scared to enter that live snake. $3000+? Hahahahaha, it ain't ugly, it's a 70's car I guess
#10 Pontiac Aztec hmm, personally I like the car. I don't think it's ugly, it's unique, I guess this is a cross over.

Nice one there. The yugo was actually made from 1985or so to 2008....so it was ugleee for its time- both in form and at heart ...read this article posted by lomomike and fear the Yugo, fear it! www.nairaland.com/2213794/5-worst-selling-cars-all-time
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by lonelydora: 7:02am On Mar 26, 2015
I cant stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by emperorizzy(m): 7:55am On Mar 26, 2015
billy187:

Nice one there. The yugo was actually made from 1985or so to 2008....so it was ugleee for its time- both in form and at heart ...read this article posted by lomomike and fear the Yugo, fear it! www.nairaland.com/2213794/5-worst-selling-cars-all-time
wow, it's really to be feared, just read the article. Funny enough, the Aztec owners I see feel proud and rich, omg, their poison, our meat.
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by oweniwe(m): 8:50am On Mar 26, 2015
Wey G-Wagon....??... angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2015
billy187:
8.Tatra 603

This car was made for the use of only the Ogas of the communist USSR, so odds are that the designers created it with an AK 47 stuck in their backs; held by a soldier yelling out some weird stuff in Russian. The designers had the ultimate reverenge though; since their product ended up looking like a swollen Beetle.

This thing reminds me of the one eyed character in the Greek themed move odysseus.

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by tmanis(m): 9:13am On Mar 26, 2015
oweniwe:
Wey G-Wagon....??... angry
loooooll grin
Re: 10 Of The Ugliest Cars Ever Made+ Pics! by billy187(m): 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
emperorizzy:
wow, it's really to be feared, just read the article. Funny enough, the Aztec owners I see feel proud and rich, omg, their poison, our meat.

Thought i was the only one to notice that. This side of the world, everyone loves a car with some ground clearance- a "jeep"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch / What Is The Difference Between AWD, 4WD And Auxiliary Gear In SUV? / What Is Wrong With The 2005/2007 Toyota Avalon??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.