Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint (9191 Views)

Amaechi And Dawari George At ViewPoint On 93.7 Rythem Fm In PH (Pics) / Buhari: Does Certificate Matter. / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by k9ine(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2015
Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: my viewpoint
Sometimes I just sit and wonder how our politicians choose to play politics in this country of ours. In all sincerity, the fears I have about the All Progressives Congress APC as a party, and Gen. Muhammadu Buhari as its presidential candidate are beginning to be confirmed by them. Let it be known that I do not belong to a political party, or engaged to write this up; but it is what my heart has been resonating all this while. I will speak as objectively as I can without hate or prejudice and I want you to see it thus.
All this brouhaha about certificate or no certificate should have been laid to rest a long time ago, but it does appear we have a penchant for deception and very glaring lies which will not make us to think of Nigeria first, but our bellies. Why is it that we like to complicate very simple things of life, obtaining or tendering a copy of certificate is not rocket science, so I wonder why we choose to make it a galactic endeavour.

1. A man submits an application form to INEC, and does not attach supporting docs IRO his academic certifications and deposes to an affidavit that the Secretary of the Army Board is in possession of them. – Who among you does your current/former employer keep their certificates?

2. Sometime in the heat of the controversy generated, the APC tells Nigerians that the regime of Gen. Babangida looted Gen. Buhari’s documents when he (GMB) was overthrown. He and the APC visited IBB at his Hilltop residence and couldn’t smooth talk him into releasing his documents? By this the ruling party will be put to shame.

3. Furthermore, when the Army said it did not have a copy of Buhari’s WASC, but a recommendation letter from Buhari’s principal, the General says he thought all this while the Army Board had them. Immediately, the APC says certificate of no certificate is not the issue and that the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) was scared he was going to defeat their candidate Dr Goodluck Jonathan at the polls, and even recommended that the PDP should go to the court.

4. The General happened to be in the UK for two weeks, during this period and made a presentation at the Chatmam House, The Royal Institute of International Affairs. One wonders why he didn’t go to Cambridge during this period and collect his 1961 WASC, this would have dealt a heavy hammer blow to the PDP and increased his chances at the polls.

5. I wonder why the APC should say that "anyone who will disqualify a presidential candidate on the eve of an election can only have one and only one purpose for that: to trigger chaos and pandemonium across the country”… "This is why we are hoping that good reason will prevail and nothing will be done, deliberately, to plunge Nigeria into crisis… Why would there be chaos, is GMB bigger than Nigeria, he had all the time in the world to present his certificate(s), but didn’t, now they threaten us? If a man is not qualified he is not qualified QED. Why bend the rules for one man, is he different from other contestants? The PDP has gone to court (as advised by the APC) and now they threaten everyone - funny indeed. I pray that the rule of law is upheld and that justice is done.

I want to ask some very disturbing questions.
1. Did GMB sit for his secondary school final exams.
2. Why has Buhari himself never said “I have WASC”, or tendered a certificate? It appears he knows the implications of that which would only strengthen the case of perjury the PDP has brought up against him.
3. What is it that only Buhari is always presented as the presidential candidate? So in the entire APC only the General is fit for this position. There must be something about him only the political caucus know and would use to their advantage and to the Nigeria’s disadvantage.
4. Why has the APC with all the resources and energy that they have committed to defending this no-certificate issue, not directed a little of it to helping Buhari obtain a copy of his certificate? If they did, by now APC would be smiling to the polls.
My conclusion is this, that having objectively looked at this issue, the APC is helping to confirm my fears which I don’t want to be confirmed (because it will further stain the fabric of our national appearance) that – Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) did not sit for/and or obtain his West African School Certificate (WASC), and this is the ‘banana coat’ (to borrow the language of Chief Zebrudaya) for the APC and GMB which they have dropped on the floor themselves.
Thank you.

God bless you.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and
May He give us free, fair and peaceful elections. Amen.
- k9ine

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by yuncka: 11:56am On Mar 25, 2015
In as much as U tried not to sound one sided, it still looks as though U have some 'personals' wit APC.

In all these, U should have held INEC responsible because if they were to be transparent enough, they would have disqualified Buhari when he didn't attach his certificate to the form he was submitting.
And to think that INEC has cleared him in previos elections without his certificate....

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by richol(m): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
AND THEN HIS SO CALLED SCHOOL MATES TESTIFIED HE WENT TO SCHOOL.......IF I WERE TO PRESENT MY SCHOOL CERT FOR A JOB,CAN I CALL MY SCHOOL MATES AS AN ALTERNATIVE?.....OLD CARGO...HE CANT EVEN LIE STRAIGHT,IS THAT HOW HE INTENDS RULING NIGERIA,WITH OLD IDEAS?.......GEJ TILL 2019

5 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by galadima77(m): 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
hmmm....i think d whole idea of this thread is to continue where pdp stopped.

are u saying gmb isnt qualified or doesnt possess wasc?

1 Like

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
k9ine:

1. A man submits an application form to INEC, and does not attach supporting docs IRO his academic certifications and deposes to an affidavit that the Secretary of the Army Board is in possession of them. – Who among you does your current/former employer keep their certificates?

Read the excerpt provided below...

On Buhari’s educational qualification, he said: “Buhari’s principal was my principal. From their school, the principal, Mr. West was sent to our school.

“In those days when Nigeria was Nigerianising its military, many of the officers that you see today did not even have their school certificates until long after.

“When we were invited to go to Kaduna, we were given qualifying examination in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge, even before we took the school certificate exam. Some did not even wait to take their school certificates because vacancies were already waiting for them.

“It was after that qualifying exam that we were recruited into the army. By the time some had their school certificates, they had become officers.

“For example, Gen. Babangida never saw his school certificate until when he was head of state. I got my school certificate long after I became an officer.

“But there was officer cadet qualifying examination. About 240 of us sat for that exam in Kaduna”.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-ordered-dismiss-48-errant-cadets-nda-32-muslims-gen-paul-tarfa/

2. Sometime in the heat of the controversy generated, the APC tells Nigerians that the regime of Gen. Babangida looted Gen. Buhari’s documents when he (GMB) was overthrown. He and the APC visited IBB at his Hilltop residence and couldn’t smooth talk him into releasing his documents? By this the ruling party will be put to shame.

^^^Puerile arguments that are not worthy of a response.

3. Furthermore, when the Army said it did not have a copy of Buhari’s WASC, but a recommendation letter from Buhari’s principal, the General says he thought all this while the Army Board had them. Immediately, the APC says certificate of no certificate is not the issue and that the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) was scared he was going to defeat their candidate Dr Goodluck Jonathan at the polls, and even recommended that the PDP should go to the court.

Disapprove the following and shame the devil..

It’s absurd to say Buhari has no certificate – Gen. Tarfa

Published on Saturday, 14 February 2015

An elder statesman and former Commandant of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) retired General Paul C. Tarfa said yesterday that it is insulting for anybody to say the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate retired General Muhammadu Buhari has no school-leaving certificates. He explained that apart from their school certificates, as military cadets in the 1960s, they were made to sit for other examinations before joining.

Reacting to the Military Secretary’s claims that it didn’t have Buhari’s records, General Tarfa said “It is very stupid to say that.

Buhari and I went to the United Kingdom for training. We joined the military at 18, 19 years of age. When someone went through all the trainings abroad and passed through all the military examinations in all cadres and so on, and just one cranky idiot will say you don’t have school certificate. That is absurd.” He explained that “Buhari’s principal was my principal. From their school, their principal Mr. West was sent to our school.”

General Tarfa spoke to Weekly Trust during a meeting of some Christian leaders, under the auspices of Northern Christian Leaders Eagle-Eye Forum with Buhari, held at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/new-news/19039-it-s-absurd-to-say-buhari-has-no-certificate-gen-tarfa

4. The General happened to be in the UK for two weeks, during this period and made a presentation at the Chatmam House, The Royal Institute of International Affairs. One wonders why he didn’t go to Cambridge during this period and collect his 1961 WASC, this would have dealt a heavy hammer blow to the PDP and increased his chances at the polls.

Who told you it is possible to get a certificate for an examination held more than 50 years ago, in 2015, TANoid @k9ine?

When are you untutored clowns going to understand that things worked a little differently in the 1960s? Or that 'University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate' (UCLES) no longer exists in its original form.

For one; all enquiries relating to certificates of exams held that far back, must now go to 'Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Exams' (OCR) - a new examination board

Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Exams (OCR)
Contact OCR if your old exam board was one of the following:

East Midland Regional Examinations Board (EMREB)
Midland Examining Group (MEG)
Oxford and Cambridge Examinations and Assessment Council (OCEAC)
Oxford and Cambridge Schools Examination Board (OCSEB)
Royal Society of Arts (RSA)
Southern Regional Examinations Board (SREB)
Southern Universities Joint Board for Schools Examinations (SUJB)
University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES)
University of Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations (UODLE)
West Midlands Examinations Board (WMEB)
If your exam board was the East Anglian Examinations Board (EAEB), contact either Pearson Edexcel or OCR - they both hold some of the records.
Source: Get a replacement exam certificate -- https://www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate/if-your-old-exam-board-no-longer-exists

And two; OCR would only provide a 'certifying statement of results' - the equivalent of the same document already provided by Katsina college - and not an original CERTIFICATE.

*** Refer to screen shot attached, for further information.

5. I wonder why the APC should say that "anyone who will disqualify a presidential candidate on the eve of an election can only have one and only one purpose for that: to trigger chaos and pandemonium across the country”… "This is why we are hoping that good reason will prevail and nothing will be done, deliberately, to plunge Nigeria into crisis… Why would there be chaos, is GMB bigger than Nigeria, he had all the time in the world to present his certificate(s), but didn’t, now they threaten us? If a man is not qualified he is not qualified QED. Why bend the rules for one man, is he different from other contestants? The PDP has gone to court (as advised by the APC) and now they threaten everyone - funny indeed. I pray that the rule of law is upheld and that justice is done.

APC issued a warning, simple.
If you look around you, you will find that no upstanding Nigerian of repute has ever repudiated Buhari's claim of fulfilling the qualifying the criteria; which is nothing more than a secondary school certificate. That a section of the political class led by the likes of FFK and the TAN movement have decided to milk the issue of a sworn affidavit for all its worth, is the greatest testimony that Jonathan's administration is bereft of ideas! I say this because anyone with an ounce of sense knows fully well that this was the same tactic employed by the so-called truthists (Tea-Party) movement in the United States, on account of Obama's birth certificate.

It is up to you to show that you are capable of rising above sentiments, by providing more germane arguments rather than the asinine logic you have rehashed here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by luvmijeje(f): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
@TheOverview, phewww! Well said.
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by k9ine(m): 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
yuncka:
In as much as U tried not to sound one sided, it still looks as though U have some 'personals' wit APC.

In all these, U should have held INEC responsible because if they were to be transparent enough, they would have disqualified Buhari when he didn't attach his certificate to the form he was submitting.
And to think that INEC has cleared him in previos elections without his certificate....

No the law does not empower INEC to disqualify a candidate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
The gift of a good liar is making people believe you lack a talent for lying

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by bdidi: 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheOtherview:

Read the excerpt provided below...

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-ordered-dismiss-48-errant-cadets-nda-32-muslims-gen-paul-tarfa/

^^^Puerile arguments that are not worthy of a response.

Disapprove the following and shame the devil..

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/new-news/19039-it-s-absurd-to-say-buhari-has-no-certificate-gen-tarfa

Who told you it is possible to get a certificate for an examination held more than 50 years ago, in 2015, TANoid @k9ine?

When are you untutored clowns going to understand that things worked a little differently in the 1960s? Or that 'University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate' (UCLES) no longer exists in its original form.

For one; all enquiries relating to certificates of exams held that far back, must now go to 'Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Exams' (OCR) - a new examination board

Source: Get a replacement exam certificate -- https://www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate/if-your-old-exam-board-no-longer-exists

And two; OCR would only provide a 'certifying statement of results' - the equivalent of the same document already provided by Katsina college - and not an original CERTIFICATE.

*** Refer to screen shot attached, for further information.

APC issued a warning, simple.
If you look around you, you will find that no upstanding Nigerian of repute has ever repudiated Buhari's claim of fulfilling the qualifying the criteria; which is nothing more than a secondary school certificate. That a section of the political class led by the likes of FFK and the TAN movement have decided to milk the issue of a sworn affidavit for all its worth, is the greatest testimony that Jonathan's administration is bereft of ideas! I say this because anyone with an ounce of sense knows fully well that this was the same tactic employed by the so-called truthists (Tea-Party) movement in the United States, on account of Obama's birth certificate.

It is up to you to show that you are capable of rising above sentiments, by providing more germane arguments rather than the asinine logic you have rehashed here.

The case against buhari is a 10 faceted case. The issue of buhari having a statement of result or certificate is part of it.

The issue is why did buhari not submit his certificate along with the form he submitted. Why swear an affidavit when he knew he could have gotten this same statement of result he presented
?

Why did he not do a due diligence with the military with regards to the reason for the affidavit before submitting his form?

Why did he assume his certificate is with the military?

Now looking at the supposed statement of result, it is glaring that there were some discrepancies-- In documentation, is Mohammadu the same with mohammed? Let's be sincere. We know him as mohammadu and I am sure all other documents he has is written mohamadu. Don't go telling me that mohamadu is the same with mohamed. That could be accepted from the face value but also that can be debated too!

When you are filling an information( personal info or otherwise) it behooves on you to fill the correct thing with regards to the evidences you have that can be verifiable and also behooves on you that you don't put false info that will negate ur integrity.

Its an interesting case no doubt! But I believe the rule of law will always prevail

5 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
bdidi:

The case against buhari is a 10 faceted case. The issue of buhari having a statement of result or certificate is part of it.

The issue is why did buhari not submit his certificate along with the form he submitted. Why swear an affidavit when he knew he could have gotten this same statement of result he presented
?

Why did he not do a due diligence with the military with regards to the reason for the affidavit before submitting his form?

Now looking at the supposed statement of result, it is glaring that there were some discrepancies-- In documentation, is Mohammadu the same with mohammed? Let's be sincere. We know him as mohammadu and I am sure all other documents he has is written mohamadu. Don't go telling me that mohamadu is the same with mohamed. That could be accepted from the face value but also that can be debated too!

When you are filling an information( personal info or otherwise) it behooves on you to fill the correct thing with regards to the evidences you have that can be verifiable and also behooves on you that you don't put false info that will negate ur integrity.

Its an interesting case no doubt! But I believe the rule of law will always prevail

Buhari never bothered asking for a statement of result. This effort was largely down to an interested third party (I will see if I can find a reference).

Is Adeshola the same name as Adesola? Is an Orisha the same as Orisa? Is the Ibo language the same as Igbo?
Ever heard of standardization?

Now answer this: has the Cambridge examination board repudiated the results attributed to it?
Recall that it was quick off the mark to issue two press releases, to put FFK and the TAN movement out of their misery on other matters.
Would it not have made sense to restrain Katsina college from peddling false results also? Think man!

EXCLUSIVE: Katsina College releases Buhari’s ​WASC results

Government College, formerly Provincial Secondary School, Katsina, which Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, graduated from in 1961, has released Mr. Buhari’s secondary school certificate examination results.

The results, obtained exclusively by PREMIUM TIMES Wednesday, confirm Mr. Buhari’s claim that he undertook the University of Cambridge West African School Certificate Examinations and obtained five credits in English Language, Geography, Hausa Language, History, and Health Science.

PREMIUM TIMES obtained the computer printout from Cambridge University as well as a statement of result, signed by the current principal of Katsina College, dated January 21, 2015.

The results show that Mr. Buhari, a former military head of state, failed in Mathematics and Woodwork, and had a pass in Literature in English.
The examination centre number was 8280, while Mr. Buhari’s candidate number was 002.

The statement of results is printed on the letter head paper of the Katsina State Ministry of Education, and it shows that the examination took place in 1961.

The Cambridge print out also shows the result of 17 other candidates at the centre, including Shehu Yar’Adua, a former Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters.

Source: [url]http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175384-breaking-katsina-college-releases-buharis-%E2%80%8Bwasc-results.html[/url]

Continue clutching at straws grin

5 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by jdilight(m): 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
k9ine:
Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: my viewpoint
Sometimes I just sit and wonder how our politicians choose to play politics in this country of ours. In all sincerity, the fears I have about the All Progressives Congress APC as a party, and Gen. Muhammadu Buhari as its presidential candidate are beginning to be confirmed by them. Let it be known that I do not belong to a political party, or engaged to write this up; but it is what my heart has been resonating all this while. I will speak as objectively as I can without hate or prejudice and I want you to see it thus.
All this brouhaha about certificate or no certificate should have been laid to rest a long time ago, but it does appear we have a penchant for deception and very glaring lies which will not make us to think of Nigeria first, but our bellies. Why is it that we like to complicate very simple things of life, obtaining or tendering a copy of certificate is not rocket science, so I wonder why we choose to make it a galactic endeavour.

I want to ask some very disturbing questions.
1. Did GMB sit for his secondary school final exams.
2. Why has Buhari himself never said “I have WASC”, or tendered a certificate? It appears he knows the implications of that which would only strengthen the case of perjury the PDP has brought up against him.
3. What is it that only Buhari is always presented as the presidential candidate? So in the entire APC only the General is fit for this position. There must be something about him only the political caucus know and would use to their advantage and to the Nigeria’s disadvantage.
4. Why has the APC with all the resources and energy that they have committed to defending this no-certificate issue, not directed a little of it to helping Buhari obtain a copy of his certificate? If they did, by now APC would be smiling to the polls.
My conclusion is this, that having objectively looked at this issue, the APC is helping to confirm my fears which I don’t want to be confirmed (because it will further stain the fabric of our national appearance) that – Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) did not sit for/and or obtain his West African School Certificate (WASC), and this is the ‘banana coat’ (to borrow the language of Chief Zebrudaya) for the APC and GMB which they have dropped on the floor themselves.
Thank you.

God bless you.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and
May He give us free, fair and peaceful elections. Amen.
- k9ine

Only few Nigerians has good brain like yours.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by yuncka: 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
k9ine:

No the law does not empower INEC to disqualify a candidate.

Quite true...INEC really should be made to be really 'independent'... The ought to be made to have power to disqualify candidates that have cases to answer or incomplete credentials.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
jdilight:

Only few Nigerians has good brain like yours.

grin grin grin

Irony.
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by fitzmayowa: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
Thought provoking article, APC didn't handle this certificate issue well, allowing this issue become something huge...IMO
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by jdilight(m): 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheOtherview:

grin grin grin

Irony.

You see what I just said just manifested. Are you to tell me what I said was irony or am I the person to say that. A lot of thoughtless people in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
fitzmayowa:
Thought provoking article, APC didn't handle this certificate issue well, allowing this issue become something huge...IMO

There is absolutely nothing thought provoking about the conjectural musings up there.
It is not every bit of tittle-tattle that one has to respond to.

If anything the APC has actually gained much from the publicity generated from this sordid affair, since the ruling party elected to sail up the creek without a paddle. While they've huffed and puffed from day one, making idioootic statements like the one depicted below, Jonathan's handlers have only ended up with egg on the face at each and every turn.

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
jdilight:

You see what I just said just manifested. Are you to tell me what I said was irony or am I the person to say that. A lot of thoughtless people in Nigeria.

You think we dey the same league?
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by k9ine(m): 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
@ TheOtherview
myself TANoid? No pls, you got it excellently wrong.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by jdilight(m): 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheOtherview:

You think we dey the same league?

No, you dey 3rd division of the worst amateur league in Zimbabwe. How possibly can we be in the same league?
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
k9ine:
@ TheOtherview
myself TANoid? No pls, you got it excellently wrong.

In that case, I stand corrected. Please accept my apology.
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by dein77(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
The argument is clear and straightforward: BUHARI DOESN'T NOT HAVE THE SAI CERTIFICATE. Period.

All the points you raised are relevant and carried.

But for our weaker institutions, GMB would have been disqualified since last year, and possibly facing charges of perjury.

It's so depressing the average broom waver lacks the ability to dispassionately see the matter the way it is, and ask their boss to present his certificate. Of course, you can't present what you don't have.

Cambridge said only GMB could apply to it for his spurious certificate, and yet, like you rightly said, the old man was in London. He never thought it wise to bury this matter once and for all my taking a TAXI to the school aand secure his certificate.

He knew that due to the fear pple have about his kinsfolk going on a killing spree if he's disqualified, he never bothered. We never mattered to him!

All I see is the rule of law changed to the rule of fear.

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by luvmijeje(f): 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
?

The question is moot as far as he sworn to an affidavit on stolen certificate and not statement of result.

Are we talking of the same military that has been bastardized and politicise? A military that was used to rig an election?

He said his copy of certificate was with the military.

The onus is on you guys to disprove the fact by finding the the suppose Muhammadu.

When you are filling an information( personal info or otherwise) it behooves on you to fill the correct thing with regards to the evidences you have that can be verifiable and also behooves on you that you don't put false info that will negate ur integrity

As I said the burden of proof is on you guys to take the school and not Buhari to Court. The school has come in his defense. His classmates has come out in his defense. The ball is now in your court.

It's indeed an interesting case but it lacks substance.

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by dein77(m): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
fitzmayowa:

They deliberately allowed it to stay the way it is; it's a planned scheme.

Their boss isn't qualified to contest in the first place.
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
dein77:
The argument is clear and straightforward: BUHARI DOESN'T NOT HAVE THE SAI CERTIFICATE. Period.

All the points you raised are relevant and carried.

But for our weaker institutions, GMB would have been disqualified since last year, and possibly facing charges of perjury.

It's so depressing the average broom waver lacks the ability to dispassionately see the matter the way it is, and ask their boss to present his certificate. Of course, you can't present what you don't have.

Cambridge said only GMB could apply to it for his spurious certificate, and yet, like you rightly said, the old man was in London. He never thought it wise to bury this matter once and for all my taking a TAXI to the school aand secure his certificate.

He knew that due to the fear pple have about his kinsfolk going on a killing spree if he's disqualified, he never bothered. We never mattered to him!

All I see is the rule of law changed to the rule of fear.

Has Cambridge refuted the claims made by Katsina College - its affiliate in Nigeria?
Are you unaware that the results that supposedly originate from that institution, are all over the web?

Do you see why I always question the intellectual sagacity of TANoids?

1 Like

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by Rilwon: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
And PDP.s continue crying

1 Like

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
luvmijeje:

The question is moot as far as he sworn to an affidavit on stolen certificate and not statement of result.

Are we talking of the same military that has been bastardized and politicise? A military that was used to rig an election?

He said his copy of certificate was with the military.

The onus is on you guys to disprove the fact by finding the the suppose Muhammadu.

As I said the burden of proof is on you guys to take the school and not Buhari to Court. The school has come in his defense. His classmates has come out in his defense. The ball is now in your court.

It's indeed an interesting case but it lacks substance.

They won't get all you've written here.
Their hue and cry is reminiscent of the mind-atrophy many Truthists succumbed to, over Obama's birth certificate.
Senses simply took flight!
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by dein77(m): 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheOtherview:

Has Cambridge refuted the claims made by Katsina College - its affiliate in Nigeria?
Are you unaware that the results that supposedly originate from that institution, are all over the web?

Do you see why I always question the intellectual sagacity of TANoids?

The Cambridge knew the situation on ground. It acted with wisdom. The only way to show you have something is to PRESENT it. Period.

I wrote and passed my WASC back in 2001, and for any reason there's some doubt about it, I simply ask WAEC to publish my result; won't go to my secondary school. This is an unnecessary battle!
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
dein77:

The Cambridge knew the situation on ground. It acted with wisdom. The only way to show you have something is to PRESENT it. Period.

I wrote and passed my WASC back in 2001, and for any reason there's some doubt about it, I simply ask WAEC to publish my result; won't go to my secondary school. This is an unnecessary battle!

Did you read the screen shot I attached earlier?
I speak from a position of authority on this subject, having worked for examination boards in England, Comrade.

To quote Donald Rumsfeld: Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

In this case, we are dealing with a known known wink
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by dein77(m): 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheOtherview:

Did you read the screen shot I attached earlier?
I speak from a position of authority on this subject, having worked for examination boards in England, Comrade.

To quote Donald Rumsfeld: Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

In this case, we are dealing with a known known wink

Thank you. But what's the known known sir?
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by TheOtherview: 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
dein77:

Thank you. But what's the known known sir?

We've got a certifying statement of results credited to the Cambridge exam board. Capisce?
If you fault its veracity, sue Katsina College!

1 Like

Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by dein77(m): 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheOtherview:

We've got a certifying statement of results credited to the Cambridge exam board. Capisce?
If you fault its veracity, sue Katsina College!

Matter don tie wrapper!
Re: Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint by bdidi: 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheOtherview:

Buhari never bothered asking for a statement of result. This effort was largely down to an interested third party (I will see if I can find a reference).

Is Adeshola the same name as Adesola? Is an Orisha the same as Orisa? Is the Ibo language the same as Igbo?
Ever heard of standardization?

Now answer this: has the Cambridge examination board repudiated the results attributed to it?
Recall that it was quick off the mark to issue two press releases, to put FFK and the TAN movement out of their misery on other matters.
Would it not have made sense to restrain Katsina college from peddling false results also? Think man!

Source: [url]http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175384-breaking-katsina-college-releases-buharis-%E2%80%8Bwasc-results.html[/url]

Continue clutching at straws grin

U mentioned standardization, what has standardization got to do with filling correction information in a form?

If ur Mohammed in one of ur document nagates mohammadu in another of ur document, would you say its standardization as u put it? In documentation, it means both document belongs to different people. Except u swear an affidavit stating the right name that will then make the other valid.

Why is it that if u fill a form and you have an error you counter sign on that error? Is it not to make the document or form valid

There are rules in simple documentation.

Anyway the suit is why did buhari not submit his credentials along with the form he filled

Why did he say his credentials were with the military when he knew that it can be gotten like he has claimed already.

Why did he fill in the form that he is a civil servant?

You know the truth but you are just been sentimental my opinion though no harm intended

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim To Deliver $4trillion Economy / President Buhari Inaugurates Committee For Impact And Reading / Imo PDP Candidate, Anyanwu, Denies Stepping Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.