Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

New Android App: PN Gates - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / New Android App: PN Gates (2565 Views)

Check Out My New Android Math Game / How Can I Publicize My New Android App? / My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
Enjoy this fine release by me.
Please take out some time to try this app
PN Gates is an android project that I have been working on since February this year. It is a social networking app that aim to bring Nigerians the best experience and get the rest of Africa and the world to socialize the Nigerian way.

Key features
1. Register/Login with your own account to view personalized content
2. Read posts and comment on them
3. Download files (music, videos and so on)
4. Push notifications/alert on new post and activity
5. View your own profile and profile of other users
6. Ability to open post in your favourite browser for easy bookmarking and copy/paste option
7. Share post with friends.
And a lot more

Direct download link:
http://7rl.in/png12

Google play link:
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.pngates

PN Gates isn't perfect yet and I am working tirelessly to improve the app everyday. Do rate my app on Google play and submit any suggestions. God bless you as you support this dream
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by mgb4reel(m): 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
Good job. Interested!
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
mgb4reel:
Good job. Interested!
thanks! Noted 1/20, 19 more to go
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by trytillmake(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
directonpc:
The App is 100 percent Native android and not just another boring Web view crap!

grin grin ah ah at least person wen use webview still try! na still app abi?
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
trytillmake:

grin grin ah ah at least person wen use webview still try! na still app abi?
Yeah sure! Na App just that by using Web view u don't get to enjoy all the power android API features.
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
Are u going to.integrate a serva?
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 11:11pm On Mar 25, 2015
danjumakolo:
Are u going to.integrate a serva?
integrate a server? Like have a web version? If that is what u meant then Yes!!!
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 26, 2015
directonpc:
integrate a server? Like have a web version? If that is what u meant then Yes!!!

That means a data serva...
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
danjumakolo:

That means a data serva...
Okk!
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by thewebcraft(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2015
directonpc:

Yeah sure! Na App just that by using Web view u don't get to enjoy all the power android API features.
*Your user interface is so poor (worst than a web-view app).....
Do you know that the current diamond bank app is built with html, css n js... and yet its has features like login with touch id (finger print)..... don't brag because you have access to all the java libraries for android.... all I'm saying is be good at what you know..

2 Likes

Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
thewebcraft:

Do you know that the current diamond bank app is built with html, css n js... and yet its has features like login with touch id (finger print)..... don't brag because you have access to all the java libraries for android.... all I'm saying is be good at what you know..
Is Whatsapp a webview?
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
thewebcraft:

and from my screenshot u will notice that it's still under development that is not a stable release screenshot. I am a web developer and I do not have access to all java libraries this project is a test/attempt to bring my project to the Android platform using standard android native app
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by thewebcraft(m): 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
directonpc:

Is Whatsapp a webview?
No
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
thewebcraft:

No
Okk. Webviews ain't too cool for social networking! If you plan to utilize all the power of a device. Even if it will take time to make a native app.
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by thewebcraft(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2015
directonpc:

Okk. Webviews ain't too cool for social networking! If you plan to utilize all the power of a device. Even if it will take time to make a native app.
I now understand what you mean by web-view..... but thats not what I'm talking about what I'm saying is building apps with html, css & js (Hybrid) ... I built a camera app with basic Html5, CSS and Javascript...
Also building an app same as yours but its just a news app.
Good Luck with your project. grin
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by larisoft: 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2015
I've been programming android for so long and loving it that any Nigerian app on that platform absolutely deserves my attention. Kindly add me to the list (larypetero@gmail.com) in case its released and am not following the thread.
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
thewebcraft:

I now understand what you mean by web-view..... but thats not what I'm talking about what I'm saying is building apps with html, css & js (Hybrid) ... I built a camera app with basic Html5, CSS and Javascript...
Also building an app same as yours but its just a news app.
Good Luck with your project. grin
thanks! Good luck to u too
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 4:27am On Apr 04, 2015
Modified
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 6:55am On Sep 27, 2015
Testing things
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Currently looking for a Mobile Application Developer within Ile-Ife to join I and my partner on a hands-on project. Pls send me a mail at solarjay2006@gmail.com if you wish to join the team.
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2015
my app is ready now. download link:

http://7rl.in/png1
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
to get app key goto Web version, login and click on the New* link
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 4:04am On Nov 13, 2015
my app is on Playstore now you can give it a try via: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.pngates
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by sleepingdemon: 7:26am On Nov 13, 2015
if you are a web developer, have u considered using phonegap for this your project?, hereby syncying node.js for real time private messagkng using sockets.io.......with the same speed at which bbm and whatsapp operate....if ure intrested, i can put you through....whatsapp me on +2348052016214.....peace
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 2:00am On Dec 07, 2015
Direct link to latest v1.1.3: http://7rl.in/png12
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 9:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
I have improved a lot and you can get latest v1.1.4 now via: http://7rl.in/png12 this release is really stable you will enjoy it.
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by directonpc(m): 1:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
Missed this post...? Here is another chance to try the app.
Re: New Android App: PN Gates by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
I will love to view your code cool

(1) (Reply)

Mobile App Ideas / Devctrainingwithandela Profiling Assessment - SOLUTION / Cybersecurity Community For Starters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.