Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday (51085 Views)

Wike Storms INEC Office To Supervise Collation Of Results As PDP Wins. PICS / Buhari Arrives Abuja To Await The Release Of Results.(photos) / Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by secorn: 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega, on Tuesday released the processes and procedures for the elections as well as the processes of releasing the results during the polls by the presiding officers.

Speaking at a stakeholders’ summit with political parties, Jega informed those present that accreditation of voters would take place from 8a.m. till the last person to join the queue at 1p.m. is accredited, while voting would commence at 1.30p.m. and would end when the last person on the queue has voted.

The INEC chairman further said only persons with the permanent voters’ cards (PVCs) would be accredited, stating that the card readers would be used during the accreditation process.

He said each political party is entitled to an agent at the polling station and that the agent must be properly accredited in accordance with the regulations and guidelines.

According to Jega, “On March 28, three ballot boxes will be used in each of the polling/voting points. Ballot boxes with red cover is for putting a thumb printing ballot paper by a voter for the presidential election, ballot box with a black cover is putting thumb printing ballot paper by a voter for the senatorial election and the green ballot box is for putting thumb printed ballot paper by a voter for the House of Representatives.

“Each ballot paper has corresponding colour stripes to assist voters in putting the right ballot paper in the right ballot box. For each polling /voting point, there is a designated official called overseer, whose primary job is to ensure that voters put the right ballot paper into the right ballot box. Political parties need to factor this into their campaigns to minimise putting the ballot paper into the wrong ballot box.”

As a result of this, he said there shall be two sorting of voting at the polling units, explaining that it was meant to ensure that any wrongly placed ballot papers re removed and put back into the right ballot boxes and the second is meant to determine the votes cast by voters for a political party/candidate.

According to the INEC chairman, “At the end of the sorting and counting of the ballot papers, the results are to be announced to the rearing of all and a result poster is to be completed and pasted at the polling units. Copies of the result sheets are to be given a accredited party agents who are present while the original is to be conveyed to the ward level coalition centre by the presiding officer accompanied by the security agents and the party agents.

“At the ward level collation centre, if there are complaints and/or evidence of alteration of accreditation figures on the result sheets, the information on accreditation saved on the card readers used would be used by the collation officer to decide on the case.”

Jega further explained that hard copies of result sheets from the polling units would be scanned, converted to PDF format and put in a database, which be made accessible for viewing an download via the INEC website. This, he said, is to ensure the accuracy of the collated results.

He also used the occasion to assure Nigerians of a credible, fair and transparent election at all level.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jega-announces-procedures-for-voting-release-of-results/204997/

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by CircleOfWilis: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nice

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by 175(m): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ok. No Wahala! We are ready for Transformation. GEJ till 2019.

151 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by EcoTerror: 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
Gej will be decalred winner and I will put my dog in chains so that my sweet Hector will not be soaked in blood like buhari said.

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by 9jatriot(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
Election fever. A keenly contested election like this is necessary once in a while.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by SomebodyLovesMe: 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
Great work, Jega.

God willing, General Muhammadu Buhari will emerge the winner and Nigeria will be delivered from GEJ.

471 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by PassingShot(m): 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Good job Prof. Attahiru Jega.

You have a chance to be given a bigger assignment in future.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by steppin: 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
EcoTerror:
Gej will be decalred winner and I will put my dog in chains so that my sweet Hector will not be soaked in blood like buhari said.
Bok0hari will soak his own blood!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by Missyetty(f): 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
This man is just damn good and he knows his job well, kip it up sir....vote 4 Buhari, vote 4 change!

312 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
Great. This is exactly the request I made yesterday.

My PVC begins warm up and press up exercise.

Change is coming....

Sai Buhari

249 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
Great!!! Can't wait for GEJ to be announced winner so al this supporters of APC.can join berem in deactivating their moniker

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by duwdu: 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
Jega further explained that hard copies of result sheets from the polling units would be scanned, converted to PDF format and put in a database, which [will] be made accessible for viewing an[d] download via the INEC website.

Just brilliant.

P34c3

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by bettercreature(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
This is exactly what nigerians has been craving for
Sai Buhari

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by otr1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
At the endof the sorting and counting of the ballot papers, the results are to be announced to the rearing of all and a result poster is to be completed and pasted at the polling units.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by amakaobiemeka: 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
U mean inec would upload results online for all to see. Wow how else can jega show the pdp transparency and integrity. Pdp never wanted a free, credible, open election, this is the first time in 16yrs they would do it

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by bigv(m): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Please can someone just give Jega a Meritorious Service Award for His outstanding performance?

You know He has done well when both the PDP and APC has left him out of their differences. You simply can't rope Him into anything.

The dude is simply exemplary!

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by MizMyColi(f): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
[size=14pt]Arise O Com-pa-triots!

#NaijaDecides smiley[/size]

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by taiwoflb: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
GOOD, @ the uploading of result part I wish all polling unit/station can do upload their's immediately after counting the votes

Child Rights Group rejects Buhari
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/4201-child-rights-group-rejects-buhari

2 Likes

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by Raiders: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
Congratulation to our next president Mr Buhari

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by olapluto(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
The beats of change sounding higher and higher.
I really have to commend JEGA at this stage. Two people I know who I can vouch for their honesty have just been appointed RO in major flashpoint states. Although they are sympathetic of APC, I believe they will be very fair.
Chances of rigging outside SE and SS seriously diminished.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by Wizdray: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
Its our Future

Just VOTE

No violence

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by pekeyim: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
Jega posture no pure

BUT E NO FIT! E NO Reach!

Don't usually do this but here

"
Btw here is my prediction.
I won't go into much details of the analysis for personal reasons.

"GEJ will be declared the winner but with a tight margin of about 4 million votes

GEJ total votes 26.1 million
Buhari. ". 21.9 million votes,

Having satisfied other requirements by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

#GEJ Is the winner

#Winner ooh oh oh, Winner, winner oh oh oh, Winner,

#GEJ you don win oh, winner I say u don win again oh, winner
"

#Godblessnigeria."

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by chamboy(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by appini: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
It is going to be rigging galore on Saturday!

2 Likes

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by Lagusta(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Sai buhariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

19 Likes

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by kristisking(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
GEJ till 2091 oh sorry 2019.Forward ever backward never.It is not by shouting change,even those shouting change need to be changed.Together lets reject a fanatic,oppressor and a dictator that can even ruin the lives of those of you shouting change.

9 Likes

Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by dareyking(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday by tolexy007(m): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
let ur will b done Oh, lord....peace

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu, Amaechi Head To London To Fetch Buhari - ThisDay / Emmanuel Macron Playing Drum With Nigerian Lady (photo) / Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.