Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,986 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:58 AM

Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano (38454 Views)

Commercial Bus Falls Off A Bridge In Oshodi, Lagos (Photos) / Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos (Video) / Man Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridge In Awka Crushed By Vehicle. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by salbis(m): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
chat2deen:
SaTANoids, make una fear God! The cracked “Lado” short bridge was executed for a whooping sum of more than 10 billion naira, a much larger project of more than 2 kilometres bridge was executed by his excellency the governor of Kano state at the same amount or less.
All flyover bridges in Kano metropolis are less than 2Km. The longest amongst them is the one from Wapa down to Tafawa Balewa road, and its 1.8Km.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Mogidi: 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by PidginYarns: 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
APC go cause kasala still carry am land on top Oga Jonah head. Dia is God o
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Ahmed4002(m): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
omenka:
This is the more reason we need Buhari. Let him come salvage TANoids from ignorance and illiteracy by providing qualitative education for all. With that, should God be so kind as to give them even a pea sized brain, they might finally know the difference between "collapse" and "crack".

don't mind the op. she just snap a picx of the bridge without checking.

Please I would attached the picx now. modify the post of yours and attach to your post.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by MrPresident1: 5:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
APC and lies.
Shame.
Nigerians are ripe and ready for judgment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by otemanuduno: 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
[size=16]So you have just showed us the whole length of the bridge abi? SMH for you and all supporters of PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE.[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Ahmed4002(m): 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Nothing collapsed there but it wasn't any APC propaganda like the fool above me is claiming.
And by the way, if you claim APC reported that the bridge was "cracked" rather than "collapsed" as many of your type basking in the darkness of PDP claim then you are a bigger fool until you take a picture of that bridge from begining till end both length and width. Until then, you still remain a bigger fool.
Sai Buhari.
Pls vote wisely.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by richidinho(m): 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
chat2deen:
SaTANoids, make una fear God! The cracked “Lado” short bridge was executed for a whooping sum of more than 10 billion naira, a much larger project of more than 2 kilometres bridge was executed by his excellency the governor of Kano state at the same amount or less.

Hahahahahaha.....like serious
Lols.....is that the crack?

That gap is to allow for thermal expansion

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by neocortex: 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
omenka:
This is the more reason we need Buhari. Let him come salvage TANoids from ignorance and illiteracy by providing qualitative education for all. With that, should God be so kind as to give them even a pea sized brain, they might finally know the difference between "collapse" and "crack".

Leaders who lack basic education e.g Buhari are likely to undermine educational reforms ; this is the problem facing Nigeria. - Oby Ezekwesili.

In light of the above , explain to us how the semi-literate "general" intends to handle education.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by link2ok(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
omenka:

Can sum1 give wat he doesn't hav?

Vote wisely
Vote GGEJ
Vote General (Dr) Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Fourwinds: 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:

keep displaying your ignorance.
do you think vehicles would be allowed to ply that bridge if the safety of the users will be jeopardized?
are you implying the Federal Ministry of Works, Project Consultant & Contractor will risk that?
d way u talk., it is as if I'm not a Nigerian living in dis country. dat was how I read dat Sagamu Benin expressway has been completed whereas d foolish propagandist didn't know I go through d road most of d time. y are people lying. d Federal Government can jeopardise d lives of its citizens. no be today I know dat one. in war hit countries we have seen how America., Britain France nationals are evacuated but ours nko. we know d story. till dis very moment d government has not got to dat level dat someone will tell me d government care so much. no be Nigeria Government wey I know

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by edey2real: 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:

keep displaying your ignorance.
do you think vehicles would be allowed to ply that bridge if the safety of the users will be jeopardized?
are you implying the Federal Ministry of Works, Project Consultant & Contractor will risk that?

The same way the Nigerian Immigration Service did not know before they packed hundreds of thousands of people in a stadium of 40,000 capacity.

Rubbish.

#Changeisinevitable

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by brightec(m): 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
Making use of my microscope i cant still find it.

APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Dexema(m): 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
doctokwus:

Oga u are contradicting yourself and u are doing it annoyingly.
U have posted pics of vehicles including a truck plying d bridge and in d same breath said d cracks are actually expansion joints,yet in another breath said vehicles won't have been allowed to ply d bridge if safety was of concern.
So tell me,your theory of expansion joints,is it to decorate d bridge?
Ur making sense.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by MrPresident1: 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2015
richidinho:

This is just shameful. There is what is called is physics thermal expansivity. In lay man's terms, you heat something and it expands, you cool it and it returns to shape. the gap that is left on that bridge is to accommodate the expansion which usually happens during the heat of the day.

Go school, them no go go.

GEJ TILL CHRIST RETURNS!

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Sodiumdawg: 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2015
richidinho:

Check that pic on the right above your post.

Are bridge joists supposed to meet at such an angle?

The gap in the concrete guard rail is not uniform. I hope that is how it was constructed bevause if it isn't, there may be phaya on tha mountain oooo.

My explanation: When bridge joists (Beam-Slab assembly) meet on top of a pier (the column or "pillar" for laymen here), each should be horizontal at the meeting point so they can sit squarely (flat) on top of the pier (imagine a book partially over the edge of a table). Such an angle may mean the joists are resting on the edge of the pier. Now, that book you imagined? press down on the free end to tilt it downwards from the table edge. You get the picture? That angle means less stability.

That said, the bridge may not be a death trap right now, but it may not last as long as intended.

I assumed you are an Engineer since you mentioned thermal expansion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by anonimi: 6:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
omenka:

You guys are just plain funny if not stewpid

The only federal university in Buhari's state, Katsina was built recently by Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2066181_109315253423544626188034164921766947151069n_jpegacb37fe73c651f856a3f80eea0cac2b7

No wonder the people of Daura, Buhari's home town honoured Jonathan with a chieftaincy title.

Mogidi:
But in Buhari's hometown, the name on people's lips is the newly crowned "Dan Mauwa Daura".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2235938_danmaiwa_jpeg4c1e1f8bc2a919fa2f3b4a3f73c7fd36

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2235886_casjm8jwuaaxit0_jpegd67a5bf47c0ff3ded2142ef02dff06ce

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Sacramento4real(m): 6:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:

there is no crack on that bridge.
what happened was that the contractor was trying to fix expansion joint on the bridge and has to cut that section and the whole event was misinterpreted
fixing expansion joints on a completed bridge?I thought he went there to commission a completed project.That means they hurriedly went there to commission an uncompleted project,just to score a cheap political point.Why the rush,if i may ask.Don't he have until May 29 to commission it,must it be now?

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by MrPresident1: 6:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
You have to take note of whether the bridge is ascending or descending (Elevation and Depression) at the perspective of the photograph.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by olayinkaj2(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
We know the said bridge was not completed, he just rushed to commissioned it so that people will say oh let's vote for him. So so commissioning of half completed projects here and there.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by richidinho(m): 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
MrPresident1:

This is just shameful. There is what is called is physics thermal expansivity. In lay man's terms, you heat something and it expands, you cool it and it returns to shape. the gap that is left on that bridge is to accommodate the expansion which usually happens during the heat of the day.

Go school, them no go go.

GEJ TILL CHRIST RETURNS!

Ab0ki tinx shaa
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Arysexy(m): 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
chat2deen:

So in ur ab0ki sense, that gap is a crack? Do u know what is called expansion joint? Elementary physics will do u a great favour. Go and pick P.N okeke and read about linear expansivity, u will learn Why gaps are left on bridges.

No wonder 80% of u people in Kano are illiterates.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by mashnino(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:

i don't need to watch that shiiit.
were you there?
i was on the said bridge today and took those pix myself.
kwankwaso should be sorry for himself by now for lying to the people of kano

Kwankwaso lied?

this one is really mad...

another idi.o.t

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by April4th(m): 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:

that was when the contractor was trying to fix expansion joint. ask your structural or civil engineer friends of family member

U re very correct,that's an expansion joint or spring in lay man's term. When 3rd mainland bridge was renovated,that was exactly what the contractors worked on. Cos it acts more like a shock absorber for all the loads on the bridge.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by nationwide1(m): 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Nothing collapsed there but it wasn't any APC propaganda like the fool above me is claiming.
And by the way, if you claim APC reported that the bridge was "cracked" rather than "collapsed" as many of your type basking in the darkness of PDP claim then you are a bigger fool until you take a picture of that bridge from begining till end both length and width. Until then, you still remain a bigger fool.
Sai Buhari.
Pls vote wisely.
Couldn't you have made your points valid and convincing without raining insults on him?

Last time I checked, there's freedom of expression in Nigeria. No matter your insults, he still has a point because it was reported that the bridge was so bad that it can't be used and he posted a picture of that bridge in active use.

He has done his part. It's now you that should take the picture of where the cracks are in the bridge and post. Calling him a fool is no argument. If you're debating, will you call someone a fool and be scored a point to win the debate?

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Sodiumdawg: 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
Sacramento4real:

fixing expansion joints on a completed bridge?I thought he went there to commission a completed project.That means they hurriedly went there to commission an uncompleted project,just to score a cheap political point.Why the rush,if i may ask.Don't he have until May 29 to commission it,must it be now?

I don't know how to explain how absurd that statement is.

Let me see.......yes.

Can you imagine paying for a brand new tear rubber car and, as you were about driving off, the dealer says: "Sir, my boys need to install shock absorbers in your car before you take it away. Please br patient for another hour"

We all know the reason behind the wave of commissionings.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Depathologist: 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:

does that look like a crack?
What does it look like? Let's forget about sentiment and politics. Peoples' lives is at stake here. I live in kano. My office is opposite the said flyover. I saw the cracks....... A double crack for that matter.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
doctokwus:
An expansion joint in a bridge.
Now op show us a pic of where this was done in d kano bridge.
Why not fly to Kano and check it yourself. There is no bridge without expansion joint to handle the thermal expansivity. May be its the expansion joint that illiterate mouth odour crew called crack. So much for a certificate-less lot.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by UrennaNkoli(f): 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
nationwide1:
Couldn't you have made your points valid and convincing without raining insults on him?

Last time I checked, there's freedom of expression in Nigeria. No matter your insults, he still has a point because it was reported that the bridge was so bad that it can't be used and he posted a picture of that bridge in active use.

He has done his part. It's now you that should take the picture of where the cracks are in the bridge and post. Calling him a fool is no argument. If you're debating, will you call someone a fool and be scored a point to win the debate?
If i should call the OP or you a fool in a debate, I'll be scored so many points since im not telling lies but im just trying to tell the whole world that thats exactly what the both of you are.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by nationwide1(m): 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Arysexy:

So in ur ab0ki sense, that gap is a crack? Do u know what is called expansion joint? Elementary physics will do u a great favour. Go and pick P.N okeke and read about linear expansivity, u will learn Why gaps are left on bridges.

No wonder 80% of u people in Kano are illiterates.
Bro this more than comedy that some people don't know why gaps are left at some points on a bridge.

When they were told to offer physics in secondary school, they said it was too hard. Now they are laying false allegations because of ignorance. Nigeria I hail o.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Dry Port Officially Commissioned, Comes Alive For Use - Photos / Driver Of Trailer Who Crushed Students To Death In Lagos Has Been Arrested / Edo Residents Use Refrigerator To Cross Flooded Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.