Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today (64607 Views)

Bull Wandering On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos Today (Photos) / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by stonecoldcafe: 7:32am On Mar 26, 2015
Royals1:
I thought it is when they ask of any documents (like invitation letter) that I will present it, but she neva ask of any document yet. First thing is just d questions, infact most applicants did not present doc, just d questions before any documents.
Howeva now I don't know where ny fault is.

Perhaps you were jittery. Maybe your voice was shaking. Maybe you kept saying ehn, ehn, excuse me, come again. Oh well better luck next time. I think she felt you will be a flight risk. Are you?
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by onatisi(m): 7:34am On Mar 26, 2015
Infohelp:

LMAO! Eyah sorry oo. But I don't see anything wrong that made them reject your appication.
exactly my point ,the guy answered everything correctly. It just wasn't his day.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by MadCow1: 7:38am On Mar 26, 2015
SamConquer:
#smiles.....but here in Naija, anything goes,anybody can just come in anytime.afterall we need them.they call them foreign investors

That is a lie..

Oyinbo dey suffer to get nigerian Visa o!

9 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by rolabell(m): 7:38am On Mar 26, 2015
haven't had a reason to travel out or go to the embassy...but with all what am hearing.....i prefer to stay in my country jeje.....thats why we should collectively make Nigeria a better place to live. Everything that makes those
foreign countries appealing to u and me can also be in our own country. #NigeriaWouldBeGreatAgain #Change #GMBmovement

9 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by eromspete(m): 7:38am On Mar 26, 2015
B1/B2 visa includes tourists

djeezy:
That's too bad. You may reapply as a tourist.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by onatisi(m): 7:39am On Mar 26, 2015
OtunbaFestus:

The simple truth of your refusal are just two reasons.
1, You've never travelled of out Nigeria before and wish to go on a twelve hrs journey to meet your cousin for two weeks holiday. Obudu cattle ranch is close by and its better than the long distance.
2, You are married with a kid and you want to leave them behind, its obvious your intent is to go without returning.

you are wrong ,wrong . Are u saying that unless u travel to another country ,the us embassy won't grant u a visa? I know of at least 5 ppl that got their us visas with virgin passport in the last 2 months. Being married with a kid is even a plus not a minus. The lady simply must have seen or noticed something the op isn't revealing .maybe the op appeared like an islamic scholar with beards like bin laden and so on like that.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 26, 2015
Step 1: build a travel history , Dubai, Kenya, Ghana or SA. Get a UK Visa. to attend one cheap seminar.

Step 2: Have wife travel with kid(s)to another country and return.

Step 3: Build a Good Salary History. I hear some companies offer this service. for 6months and you pay 10% of the salary you want reflected. They setup an account for u in naira or usd. build it for six months and you can withdraw by paying the same amount into their agents accounts (extra charges inclusive) and they transfer any account you want or send cash i

Step 3: Apply for US Visa.

E hard but at least you won't have to show next time. You can use the dropbox

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by eromspete(m): 7:41am On Mar 26, 2015
SIMPLE

You have no travel history. These US Embassy guys need some indication that you've travelled somewhere and returned back to your home country (You need to prove ties with your home country and you will not overstay your visa if granted)

Try again after you've visited some other place. It'd be easier then

Royals1:
This is my experience at US embassy in Lagos today. At window 1
VO: where are u going in Us
Response: am going to Chicago in illinios
VO: what are you going there for
Response: I want to visit ny cousin over there.
VO:how long are u staying there
Response: just for 2 weeks
VO: what do u do heere
Response: I work as a manager in a cleaning compaany
VO: how much do u earn
Response: 180k afta tax
VO: Are you married?
Response: Yes with a kid.
VO: have you travelled before?
Response: No.
VO: Put your fingerprint there.
VO: Thank you for coming you can re-apply some other time. Take this paper and read it thank you.
Response: thank you
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by justwise(m): 7:43am On Mar 26, 2015
EroticAngelina:
lmao! eyha! sorry swiri.
countries like usa, canada, london, spain etc hardly accept nigerians.
tip: nxt time u wanna apply 4 visa again, tell ur cousin over there 2 send an invitation letter. if u get it and show the visa ppl, ur chances of getting visa are higher wink

If London is a country...what is the capital?

Your advice about getting IV will not help the op and that was not why he was refused.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by peeta4u(m): 7:44am On Mar 26, 2015
Royals1:
VO: Thank you for coming you can re-apply some other time. Take this paper and read it thank you.
you must av travelled out of u country within d last five years b4 u wld b granted. Even if na ghana( fake or original).
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by justwise(m): 7:47am On Mar 26, 2015
OtunbaFestus:

The simple truth of your refusal are just two reasons.
1, You've never travelled of out Nigeria before and wish to go on a twelve hrs journey to meet your cousin for two weeks holiday. Obudu cattle ranch is close by and its better than the long distance.
2, You are married with a kid and you want to leave them behind, its obvious your intent is to go without returning.

You are wrong.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by ivyT(f): 7:47am On Mar 26, 2015
pekeyim
:
Getting a Visa isn't so hard
But if I were the VO i'll bounce you too.

You didn't sound genuine enough.

But u don't seem rich enough to be able to afford such frivolity of 2
weeks vacation in the US with an annual salary of just over 2 million a
month , Plus u have a kid!!!

A Big No!!!

wot do u mean by he is nt rich enough?dat doesnt sound polite nd besides ,how many pple even earn upto 180k sef

mtschewwww...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by emmasege: 7:47am On Mar 26, 2015
It's very difficult for them to believe your sincerity of staying for just two weeks considering the nature of your job & the fact that you have never travelled before, not even to an African country.
US embassy is not a place you apply to except u have done all that's humanly possible to guarantee your chances, otherwise your subsequent trials may even be affected.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by guccimilan(m): 7:47am On Mar 26, 2015
This guy failed to convince the visa officer for two or three reasons.
1. A manger of a cleaning company u ve not traveled out before,not even a business trip to Ghana.

2. A cleaning company manger to make a frivolous trip to USA with no. 1 reason in mind. So psychologically the officer will know its packaging.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by justwise(m): 7:49am On Mar 26, 2015
thisisayus:

What?
you are just reaffirming something I've had in me that some girls are dumbskull.
So he doesn't have an invitation letter b4 applying for a visa? So he wouldn't have shown them or they wouldn't have seen his invitation b4 asking those questions?
Probably he's going there on his own which shld be hotel reservation, why involve his cousin. The guy's way is not pure sef.

@Op, I strongly feel the cleaning job messed everything up, hard to believe a cleaning company will pay up to 180K in this present Nigeria.

BTW, go out and cast ur votes.

#BUHARI

Bro i have to disagree with you.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by MadCow1: 7:50am On Mar 26, 2015
OP,

Sorry about your experience. I have learnt that there isn't much you can do to influence your interview process. I have seen Visas given to the strangest of fellows and I have seen people with Visas to many European countries on their passports and good documents denied.

I believe it's a discretionary thing.

When I got my first UK Visa, I did not have most of my supporting documents with me as I had left them in the car in my haste. The interviewer just kept hammering on about my documents and I kept asking for 5 minutes to run out and go get them. After a while he just tells me to go finalist my payment and granted me a Visa.

I believe that they have a number of Visas to give out each day to new applicants and most times deny people just for the hell of it.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 26, 2015
buyresellng1:
A time is coming when you won't need a visa to visit that country...

Amen!
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by justi4jesu(f): 7:52am On Mar 26, 2015
englishmart:
in this period, every section is a political section grincheesy

You have woken up abi cheesy
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by tivta(m): 7:52am On Mar 26, 2015
ifyalways:
@OP, you were denied/ not eligible simply because you have no " travel history".

You've never taken a holiday before, it's strange you suddenly want to travel to us.

Before you re-apply next time, build a travel history. Start by going to places like Ghana, Kenya, Dubai or even SA for vacation.

It's quite difficult to get US, UK or Schengen visa with a virgin passport if you are below 40.

. Very correct. The other way into the US is via student visa.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by HolyHolla(m): 7:53am On Mar 26, 2015
I assure that sometime, someday, these Americans and Europeans would be queuing up for visas to Nigeria and other African countries after the complete collapse of law and order with economic and natural disasters in their nations. Diarise it!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by helpee(m): 7:54am On Mar 26, 2015
I kept saying this.....our passport has been destroyed. this guy did nothing wrong though. Vacation is a project. With 180k per month you can save money towards vacation if it is important enough for you. It's just like saying with your salary you can't buy car. Please nigerians stop making travelling a career
If you see the travel section of this nairaland self, people have thread for visa to anywhere. It is not the fault of this people though. Nigerian will travel on a visit visa never to return and some people will keep encouraging them saying nigeria is so bad. We are gradually becoming quarantined by the world. Even Botswana, an African country that is free to many Europeans require visit visa for nigeria. Singapore used to be visa free for nigerians but now we need visa.please fellow nigerians, don't quarantine us with the way you abuse visa
. Nigeria shall be great again. The strength of a country is not being among the ist ten in fifa ranking but the ist ten in passport ranking.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Rhemite007(m): 7:54am On Mar 26, 2015
Exaltly what dey did to me in tha same Embassy...I no fit cry that day...
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by pekeyim: 7:54am On Mar 26, 2015
ivyT:

wot do u mean by he is nt rich enough?dat doesnt sound polite nd besides ,how many pple even earn upto 180k sef

mtschewwww...

How much is your flight tickets to and fro?

I'm not harsh, it's just the reality, these guys want to ensure that when you get there, you are not a burden to them.

If you earn maybe double that with less liabilities and in a "reputable" company or civil service not just a "Manager" in a cleaning company.

You'll definitely get the visa.
You get the drift

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Mustiboy(m): 7:56am On Mar 26, 2015
SamConquer:
#smiles.....but here in Naija, anything goes,anybody can just come in anytime.afterall we need them.they call them foreign investors
that's to show u that nigeria's yet to develop a normal working brain. We go soon get sense sha that's if buhari enters, he's a mister no nonsense man
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Boxer007(m): 7:57am On Mar 26, 2015
Scientist have invented a pill that makes men get pregnant thru the annnnus. This is great news for all guys. Am so happy!
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Boxer007(m): 7:58am On Mar 26, 2015
Guys, we need to celebrate
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Boxer007(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2015
Royals1:

Brother, may I kiss you?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by tonero230(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2015
trendyindian:
Dear Consulate,

. I was denied my bi/b2 visa today cry. I told the consulate I am married with 2kids and I will be going for 3 weeks to see my nephew I have not seen for a long time.

She asked me why I was travelling alone nd I told her my kids r in school. But I was denied.

I need your help to advise me on what to do cos am thinking of reapplying with my kids and husband asap for Christmas holiday. Cos I noticed all applicants that came with der kids nd husband were given visa.

1. my problem is when I re apply will I be the main applicant while my husband nd kids will be dependant?

2. Should I use hotel reservation or I should use the same relative (my uncle) as my contact person.

kindly help me cos I need to start asap.

thank you.

If you know the information you gave them,keep on telling them that.Do not change any thing.Since you told them that you have a counsin or uncle there,reservervation is going to be a red card cos they gonna be thinking why wont you stay with them
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by afeez5808(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2015
A beg give us correct story biko

1 Like

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by justwise(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2015
Royals1:
You are denied because:

You are married with a kid, earning 180k a month and ready to spend more than that in two weeks just to visit your cousin.

The reason for spending that much in just two weeks does not make any sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / Lady Trapped Under A Container That Fell On Her In Lagos (Graphic Pics) / My experience in Bahrain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.