Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:40 PM

Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! (17803 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 28, 2015
Adufetohposh:
As annoying as the whole idea is, I ll like to respect d op's decision.... whatever Rocks ur boat man.

Presently u re still young and sure know how to catch ur fun ; Except u choose to die young. You will end up not liking this ur decision @ ur old age....

Nothing kills faster Than boredom/ depression. You will need ur someone intimidate to share ur thoughts with, you will wish u had a child even if it's just one, but it will be too late then. Mind you, ur siblings re engrossed with their own family, so they wnt be there for you. Your friends and families will be inviting you to their son/daughters graduation party and u will be there wishing u did not make the decision, But pride wnt allow u confess ur depression! tongue

You can have kids without being married. you could get a surrogate mother or a baby mama or you could just buy children. Having a family isn't a reason for getting married.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by macof(m): 11:07am On Mar 28, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Perhaps not to someone who wants them terribly, but otherwise, it's perfectly rational.

Madness? I completely disagree...but why madness (of all things)??

How is it rational? Say every one in ur family decides to not have children...there ur heritage is lost as ur blood line exists reality

It's human nature to what to keep the blood flowing, to keep the family heritage alive
Any exception is abnormal like madness
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by RAKITIC: 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2015
macof:

How is it rational? Say every one in ur family decides to not have children...there ur heritage is lost as ur blood line exists reality

It's human nature to what to keep the blood flowing, to keep the family heritage alive
so anyone that decides nt to have kids is mad?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
macof:

Isn't that a bit extreme?? Besides, it's highly unlikely that an entire family would chose not to reproduce. So what, if one or two of them don't [want to]?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by macof(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
RAKITIC:
so anyone that decides nt to have kids is mad?

...is close to madness

such person might as well eat grass cus it's abnormal for a human being
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by macof(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Isn't that a bit extreme?? Besides, it's highly unlikely that an entire family would chose not to reproduce. So what, if one or two of them don't [want to]?

True...it's unlikely because u are sure not everyone in an entire family would make such abnormal decision

Wat if ur parents decided never to have u, u would have never existed...think of it
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by RAKITIC: 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
macof:

...is close to madness

such person might as well eat grass cus it's abnormal for a human being
abnormal? Wat is abnormal in someone deciding not to have kids, cos for me it is all about choice.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
macof:

True...it's unlikely because u are sure not everyone in an entire family would make such abnormal decision

Wat if ur parents decided never to have u, u would have never existed...think of it

'Abnormal', sure. Irrational, no.

In as much I agree that I'm much too awesome not to exist, I imagine my non-existence in itself would ensure "I" didn't miss it. As it happened, my parents did decide to have me. They also decided not to have the next kid they never had, and strangely enough, no one's been missing kidX, nor has is it been missing us (not only because that would be uber creepy, but also because it simply doesn't exist).

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 28, 2015
Lizabeth25:
LOL.....dream on...being single means, one remain childless and when he/she dies, nobody will bother him/herself to give him/her a proper burial.

tongue

I don't get it , will he know if he'll get a proper burial or not when he's dead or will he feel sad in his grave cause he wasn't buried properly. Remaining single doesn't also mean he'll be childless , ever heard of baby dada ?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2015
neoapocalypse:

I don't get it , will he know if he'll get a proper burial or not when he's dead or will he feel sad in his grave cause he wasn't buried properly. Remaining single doesn't also mean he'll be childless , ever heard of baby dada ?

A beg! I don't want to be anyone's baby Dada o o. I love children but I wont have one, they are too troublesome.

Moreover, my church will give me a befitting burial. So why bother all I need is to make enough money and keep.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 29, 2015
Macof,

Just to put all the cards on the table, I've never actually dreamed of, or wanted children. Should I start eating grass? shocked
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Misogynist2014(m): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2015
darisgod:
SteewPeed Eniyan undecided
Women are fascists.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by freakcin: 10:36am On Mar 29, 2015
OP got both male and female gunning for his head! LOLS. So how do u control the urge to have sex? Abi u don snip ur kini? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
ColinAdua:

Yes! I do feel lonesome once in a while, but my internet is coming to my rescue so well. And I have someone I go and talk to during those periods or I go to a public library here and read newspapers. Sometimes I start drawing, like today, I will do some drawings.

Please I wasn't hurt by anyone before I took this decision. I took this decision because I got so tired of women, who in the real sense, can't offer much, always being too full of themselves. Moreover, as an introvert, I hate disturbances, distractions, noise and unnecessary unplanned burden or expenses.

Don't try to convince me. My family even extended ones couldn't. My pastors couldn't.. My boss(the man helping me in business) is trying now but he can't succeed.

Its more rewarding to be single, unique and different. I will love money to love me not a woman.

God bless you for this polite post.

Right!

You must be so perfect

I an sure it is mutual. Women cannot stand you and you cannot stand them. cheesy

Do not feel like you are the perfect one here
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by bukatyne(f): 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
Lizabeth25:
LOL.....dream on...being single means, one remain childless and when he/she dies, nobody will bother him/herself to give him/her a proper burial.

tongue

Some married people died childless

Once you are dead, you are dead.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by killjoy(m): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
Lizabeth25:
You thrive on boredom? Don't you feel lonesome once a while, won't you want to know how it feels to be loved? You don't want to experience that feelings of really being the priority of a lady? I wish I can say more buh I just know how to convince you.

No matter how much you've been hurt that made you decided that being alone is the best. It's just a waste of time. Time will come when your friends will avoiding you self! I hope you are strong 4 dis decision.

undecided

Dis d problem I hv wit u ladies. U tink guys suffer dsame curse u suffer. God cursed d woman dat her desire will be of a man. Adam didnt suffer dsame curse. Enjoy d make believe feeling of love. Leave d guy alone. Every tym I'm at work I kip looking forward to my solitude tym wen I get home. ohh d ideas dat flood my mind. U women can neva fathom d joy of being alone. Solitude is a gift I can't stop thanking God for. Single for lyf.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by killjoy(m): 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
tron23:
I totally agree with you, this whole marriage thing is just over hyped. The only thing I can say confidently that I have gotten from my marriage is my son.
Most people won't admit it, but marriage can ruin a man and reduce his potential for achieving greatness. The people that gain from marriage are ladies because all their needs are taken care of by their husbands.

exactly y marriage is a no go area for me. little wonder y women do unthinkable tins just to get a husband. if I Eva decide to get kids, I will do it tubaba style. I will neva, neva marry for kids. marriage is too great a price to pay

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
Lol.....stop sucking bro. Enjoy your single like while u can bear because time will come when u wont.

killjoy:

Dis d problem I hv wit u ladies. U tink guys suffer dsame curse u suffer. God cursed d woman dat her desire will be of a man. Adam didnt suffer dsame curse. Enjoy d make believe feeling of love. Leave d guy alone. Every tym I'm at work I kip looking forward to my solitude tym wen I get home. ohh d ideas dat flood my mind. U women can neva fathom d joy of being alone. Solitude is a gift I can't stop thanking God for. Single for lyf.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
I just scrolled through your post to confirm they are actually 140 embarassed shocked shocked

Seriously who the heck cares? undecided
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
If everybody signs up for this http://addanny.com/social/26/18524 then we would have kicked out poverty from this country.

Make we no dey carry last
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by killjoy(m): 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Lol.....stop sucking bro. Enjoy your single like while u can bear because time will come when u wont.

isoryt... kip nursing ur delusions dat a guys brain is wired d way ur own is. OK?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
NifemiOlu:
Be with a great woman, who fasts and prays fervently for you; you'd achieve your potentials. Be with an average woman, who takes life as it comes, you'd remain the same. Be with a below average woman who can't strategically plan only to attend parties and buy clothes...and being a regular wife, your life will be sad. The maths in marriage is quite simple. Just that many people want to eat their cake and have it. Till my dad died, he told me countless times that the best thing to have happened to him was my mum because even as I am typing this, I can hear her voice in her room praying fervently. God bless.
Hmm. How wise of you. I always wondered what the secret of Bill Gates and Dangote was. Now, I know. Going to MFM tomorrow. Smh
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Karleb(m): 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
Nonsense and Ingredient!

35 is the best age to get married IMO, the Op is only scared of responsibility i.e irresponsible. That's if this is not another Control C et V.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Idydarling(f): 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
lazy, selfish, stingy, irresponsible fella.

smh just 4 ur type

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by NifemiOlu(m): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
Hmm. How wise of you. I always wondered what the secret of Bill Gates and Dangote was. Now, I know. Going to MFM tomorrow. Smh
Ok
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by macof(m): 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
Macof,

Just to put all the cards on the table, I've never actually dreamed of, or wanted children. Should I start eating grass? shocked

anyone who is mentally stable would want children
It's part of our human essence to desire to procreate
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
macof:

anyone who is mentally stable would want children
It's part of our human essence to desire to procreate

So Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul is not mentally stable?

BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU TYPE!!!!!!

MEANWHILE @ KILLJOY; WELCOME MY BROTHER.
GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
Karleb:
Nonsense and Ingredient!

35 is the best age to get married IMO, the Op is only scared of responsibility i.e irresponsible. That's if this is not another Control C et V.

There's a difference between responsibility and carrying unnecessary meaningless burden.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by LordReed(m): 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
LoL! 140 reasons not to share your closet or biscuit! LoL. Why the long grammar, you should have just said selfishness is the reason not to marry.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
LordReed:
LoL! 140 reasons not to share your closet or biscuit! LoL. Why the long grammar, you should have just said selfishness is the reason not to marry.

Are you through? Don't you have more to vomit?

YES! Am selfish. When I was working hard where were you? How much did you contribute?

E bi like say sense don't dey enter your head small small.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by LordReed(m): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
ColinAdua:

Are you through? Don't you have more rubbish to vomit?

YES! Am selfish. When I was working hard where were you? How much did you contribute?

E bi like say sense don't dey enter your head small small.

LoL! Don't worry I'm not coming to short your ration in the garri you just soaked, stop hiding it under the bed. LoL.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by macof(m): 12:26am On Apr 04, 2015
ColinAdua:

So Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul is not mentally stable?

BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU TYPE!!!!!!

MEANWHILE @ KILLJOY; WELCOME MY BROTHER.
GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE.

if they had no desire to procreate then yes, they were closer to mental instability

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? / Is It HygienicTo Eat Breakfast Before Brushing Your Teeth? / What Makes A Child An Ajebo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.