Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:05 AM

Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! (17805 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by poik(m): 11:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
ColinAdua:
I am 36+, single, loving it and will love to be single for life, forever. Infact, I have decided to be single forever. Today, I just looked back and I feel so happy, taking this decision 10 years ago during my NYSC.

My life is so clutter free and stress less when compared with those of my married peers. I said this is definitely one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Because my life is so peaceful and predicted. I work only on my business and starting post graduate studies.

I feel I need to celebrate my 10 years taking this decision to stay unmarried and single(MIND YOU I DON'T DO BOYFRIEND - GIRLFRIEND RUBBISH. I BELIEVE ITS A SIN).

In celebrating, I think it good to encourage more young men to embrace this way. Just like Bible says; "He that is able to receive it(singleness), let him receive it"(Matthew 19:12). You can read from verse 10 for better understanding.

140 Reasons Why You Should Consider never marrying.
There are lots of good reasons to stay single. At first you may think that staying single isn't a good thing, but there are few things you should consider, well 140 things to be exact. This is a comprehensive list about not being in a relationship or marriage and the perks that come with it. I bet a lot of these things don't even cross your mind, and perhaps after you read this you'll give the single life a second thought.

1. You can do what you want, when you want.
2. You don't have to dress up for anyone.
3. You don't have to cook for anyone but yourself.
4. No nagging. Ever.
5. You don't have to pay for your girlfriend/wife or children.
6. You can snore when you feel like snoring.
7. You don't have to meet her parents, especially if they dislike you.
8. You don't have to share scare resources.
9. No wife to invade your privacy (email, facebook, cell numbers, whatsapp etc).
10. Don't have to worry about marriage and it's costs.
11. Don't have to hear "But, honey.. we never have our alone time!"
12. You don't have to share the television.
13. You can play video games all day in your free time without feeling guilty.
14. You decide when to go to bed.
15. You don't have to make dinner for anyone.
16. You can scratch yourself, stretch, yawn and fart, and all that other rude stuff when you want.
17. Your food/foods stuff lasts much longer, only cooking for one.
18. You can sleep till noon on weekends without feeling bad.
19. Less pressure about your weight.
20. You are the king of the toilet seat, it can remain up or down, as you like.
21. Don't have to worry about "accidently" having a child.
22. You can vacuum when you feel like it.
23. You don't have to worry about being "dumped".
24. There is no jealousy, people won't know how poor/rich you are, if you don't want them to know.
25. You can "geek out" without being nagged.
26. Everything in your home is yours, and stays where you keep it.
27. You don't have to explain where you were last night.
28. You decide when to do the dishes.
29. A lot more time to spend with friends or at church.
30. Less pet peeves to deal with.
31. Don't have to worry about her hanging out with guy friends (and vice versa).
32. You are not morally obligated to do things against your will.
33. No one else is going to eat your leftover chicken and pepper soup.
34. You can concentrate more on your own life and targets.
35. You can answer the phone when you feel like answering the phone!
36. You can sit there all day in your underwear or even naked and not feel obligated to dress.
37. Going out to eat and then to a movie is cheaper for just one.
38. You won't have that "I want kids" discussion. Nonsense!!!
39. When your car gets old and has a lot of miles on it, you can trade it in for a new one without anyone complaining or feeling bad.
40. You can eat whatever you want, when you want, without a compromise.
41. You don't have to hang with her annoying, disrespectful, lazy, saucy, attitudinal friends.
42. You can walk around naked without fear of her bringing friends home.
43. No sharing of the fan, it's all yours.
44. Only have to deal with your own insecurities, and not hers too.
45. You can stare at the gals all you want without the "uh oh, busted" feeling.
46. You don't have to come up with excuses for things.
47. You don't have to worry about your checking account vanishing mysteriously. Well, not as much.
48. You don't have to suffer a pink puffy bathroom.
49. Speaking of bathrooms, you don't have to worry about "the smell" after you go.
50. You only have to deal with your own fetishes, and not some abnormal fetishes that are totally alien and nauseating to you.
51. No one is telling you that you need to work out and lose weight.
52. You don't have to buy gifts for the holidays for the 'extended family'.
53. You don't have to tell white lies. "Yes dear, that dress is pretty", when you know its whack.
54. If you live alone, you can pee(even on your bed and no one will know) with the door open without grief.
55. You don't have to suffer her going through your belongings.
56. You don't have to worry about your cell phone bill being huge because she borrowed it for a whole week or sending any one recharge card.
57. No one will steal your covers at night.
58. Paying for vacations for one is cheaper.
59. You don't have to suffer the aftermath of a breakup.
60. You don't have to hide your habits.
61. You don't have to shave.
62. You get the entire couch to yourself.
63. No one sees what you look like when you wake up in the morning.
64. No waking from the other person's snoring, farting or even bed wetting!
65. No one to accidentally see your dirty or torn underwear.
66. You get the entire boxed "meal for two" for just yourself!
67. No one telling you to get your clothes out of the washer or dryer.
68. When you cook you don't have to worry about how bad it is.
69. You don't have to share your soap.
70. No one telling you what you can or cannot buy when shopping.
71. No one is telling you to go to the gym because their embarrassed by how you look.
72. No one complaining about what you are listening to in your car.
73. You won't have someone throwing out your stuff because they think you don't need them any more.
74. All of the space in the closet is all yours.
75. All those dirty messes you made, you can leave them that way for as long as you want!
76. You can drink milk straight out of the container without anyone telling you to use a glass.
77. You won't have any other opinions to contend with.
78. You won't have to bother about birth control, pills, condoms or even whether your kids are yours and all those rubbish.
79. When you get home from work, you can do whatever you want without someone telling you to get something done around the house.
80. You won't have someone else telling you what is right and what is wrong.
81. You won't have someone taping over your favorite movies.
82. You don't have to laugh at jokes that are not funny.
83. Someone isn't telling you to cut the lawn.
84. Someone isn't telling you to not hang out with certain friends.
85. You don't have to appear to eat healthy around her.
86. You won't have your in-laws telling you about their religious beliefs, which are not your own.
87. You don't have to spend thousands on a engagement ring.
88. You won't have to tell them you love the ring they got you, even though you think it's rubbish.
89. Speaking of weddings, it's cheaper not having one. Imagine spending over N300,000 just for a wedding.
90. You won't have someone vacuuming during your nap.
91. You are the supreme master of the refrigerator.
92. You won't have doubts if the person you are with is really in love with you or not.
93. The only debt you have to worry about is yours.
94. You won't have to worry about marriage counseling.
95. You don't have to give anyone reasons for buying the 100" big screen 3D LED TV.
96. You won't have someone nagging you to get a better job or why you resigned.
97. You don't have to worry about compliments and if they're good enough.
98. There is less noise if you live alone.
99. You can run around in a make-shift toga and do a little dance while singing opera without someone giving you a strange expression.
100. You clean the bathroom when you feel like cleaning the bathroom.
101. You don't have to worry about coming up with vacations and if they are good enough for your significant other.
102. You don't have to buy gifts for her or her brood!
103. Your car is yours, no sharing.
104. You will always get the best seat in the house to watch your favorite shows and movies.
105. You are never late for anything. Ever.
106. You decide if you want pets or not.
107. You only have to worry about retirement for one.
108. If you want Tom and Jerry bed sheets, you can have them!
109. You don't have to listen to someone else meaningless preferred music, like Nigerian hip hop music(very meaningless).
110. The only sick person that you have to worry about, is you.
111. You won't bother about paying school fees(high rising school fees), except your own.
112. A cruise to Obudu Cattle Ranch is cheaper by yourself.
113. You don't have to clean up after anyone but yourself.
114. When you shop for food at a store, your have the authority on whats good for you or not.
115. You never have to hear the line, "Let's just be friends".
116. You control the thermostat and remote, in your house, if you are too cold crank that sucker up.
117. You can play video games all night without someone telling you to be more productive with your time or come to bed.
118. You can talk on the phone for hours with girls without hearing the "who's that, who's that??" line.
119. There is no compromising on how to decorate your house, it's totally up to you.
120. You don't have to explain why an entire pan of brownies have been eaten in a single night.
121. Speaking of desserts, you only have the ones in which you like. No fruitcake for you.
122. You decide when to do the pile of dishes in the sink.
123. You don't have to worry about bailing your wife out of custody at 3am in the morning on a work night.
124. You don't have to explain why you have a brand new expensive sports car in the driveway.
125. You can veg all day in front of the television watching your favorite TV football club without complaint.
126. No one complaining why girls are leaving comments on your Facebook, twitter, etc.
127. The only "voice of reason" is your own to deal with.
128. You don't have to say "I'm wrong, you're right" even though you know that you're right but you're just saying that you're wrong to stop argueing.
129. Pray as like, shout it as you like, as long as you like, without bothering how she feels..
130. There won't be any "meet the parents" problems.
131. You only have to support yourself.
132. You don't have to wonder what they mean when they say "No, I don't need flowers", yet when you don't get flowers for them they get mad.
133. All the money from the tax return is yours to spend on whatever, without being hassled.
134. You won't have to deal with the "I love you" question, and whether or not if they really mean it.
135. No one will throw your stuff out on the lawn.
136. There will be no one asking you "What time will you be home?" and giving you a guilty feeling about even going out.
137. No one is wondering why your are reading this list in the place, at all. Single or Not?
138. Bible even recommends it.(Matthew 19: 10 - 12, 1 Corinthians 7: 8, 26, 29, 32, 37, 38)
139. You can't worry how to explain to her people or police how she died, whether you used her for money rituals or those rubbish that in-laws usually throw up.
140. You won't bother whether she is lousy in bed, frigid, barren or even infected with STDs.

Let's keep it here for now.

In a nutshell, in fact you're as free as the air.

Is the single life better than being married? Single is better.

Waooo! Singlehood is strength! Singlehood is sweet! Singlehood is sumptuous!

Have a taste!!!

You mentioned that you could stare at the girls and not get busted. that's lust. and it floors the assumption i had that you were a eunuch for the Kingdom. so, singlehood will lead people like you to masturbation and one night stands. Theres nothing Christian about that kind of arrangement.
and for me, i will pass. i will marry. i am no eunuch.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
poik:

You mentioned that you could stare at the girls and not get busted. that's lust. and it floors the assumption i had that you were a eunuch for the Kingdom. so, singlehood will lead people like you to masturbation and one night stands. Theres nothing Christian about that kind of arrangement.
and for me, i will pass. i will marry. i am no eunuch.

Staring is not lusting, Oga!

You can even stare in disgust. Even if its lusting. If I realize it, I will just ask God for forgiveness and move on with my life.

That settles it. Thank God for Jesus Christ and His ever effective sacrifice on the cross at Calvary.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by poik(m): 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
[quote author=ColinAdua post=44766249]

Staring is not lusting, Oga!

You can even stare in disgust. Even if its lusting. If I realize it, I will just ask God for forgiveness and move on with my life.

That settles it. Thank God for Jesus Christ and His ever effective sacrifice on the cross at Calvary.

God bless you.
[/quote
Listento yourself. You will keep lusting and asking God fir forgiveness, because u are in charge of your life abi? Gid has told u when u will die abi?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 07, 2016
[quote author=poik post=44785476][/quote]

As if married men don't stare and lust even the worst.

Celibates are even more immune to staring and lusting because we know deep down inside that there is nothing for us there.

And to control emotions and urges I have train myself to look and look away.

So most its staring in disgust.

Afterall, there is no 1 billion dollars there.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
NOTICE!
I HEREBY WITHDRAW THE STATEMENT I MADE BEFORE THAT "WOMEN ARE CURSED".
I THINK ITS A HARSH STATEMENT TO MAKE OVER A PUBLIC FORUM.
ALL INCONVENIENCES ARE DEEPLY REGRETTED!
KINDLY FORGIVE ME, ALL CONCERNED!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by PoorUgly(m): 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Raalsalghul: 10:59am On Aug 01, 2016
ColinAdua:
In my vicinity this Easter season, its more about weddings - traditional and church.

And guys are wasting thousands of naira they need to use to do better things, on meaningless formalities involved in the weddings whatever.

Imagine spending N300,000 on traditional wedding and spend extra N200,000, on church wedding, to bring in someone into my life who contributed nothing when I was suffering and struggling.

And who has nothing to offer except arguments, naggings, pains, betterness, anger, malice etc.

Even if am the richest man in the whole world today, I no go do am for any woman. I can't spend more than N10 on any woman's head.

Check this nairaland forum. Its always about "wife sets husband ablaze", "wife cut off husband kini", "wife stabs husband over APC - PDP argument", "man caught pregnant wife making out with another man", "husband beats wife " etc.

And these are the so called marriage partners? That were married for happily ever after euphoria. What is the chance that, that person you're now wasting your scarce resources to marry will not behave devilish like this?

GUYS UNA DEY TRY SHA!!

As for me I don't want to take that unnecessary risk. I wish guys can get some sense and self control and focus their energies on things that matters like:

1) Good job/ Good business(money)

2) Great house/home

3) Grand cars

4) Choiced accessories.

If I achieve those above am seriously fulfilled. Marriage these days are seriously over hyped. I tell you. I wonder how many of these marriages can last up to 6 months.

That a man and a woman are house mates or even room mates does not necessaryily mean they are still married.

MARRIAGE NO BE ACHIEVEMENT O O! ABEG! GUYS GET SOME SENSE AND LIFE!!
Agree with you dude, but I will like to have kids in my own case.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by anneboleyn(f): 7:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Marriage is never a do or die affair, so many great and we'll renowned men and women have lived their lives without marriage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by peacettw: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2017
@op I don't know what to say. At first I thought you were being sarcastic but from your comments, I know now that you are dead serious.

I truly don't believe that marriage is for everyone and in truth most enter the union in order to be taken care of when they get old and for companionship. I only hope that when our time comes, there willl be old people's homes to look after those without any one to care for them.

If you end up being really rich, perhaps you should think of building one with reputable standards.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2017
I am 24 years old and I decided around the age of 19 that this thing called marriage isn't for me. The next year --when I turned 20--my older brother (by three years) hit some money and started planning his wedding and all to his fiancée of 3 years. Six months later, they wedded. One day, my mom called and began asking me if I liked my brother's style, if I intended to get married before 25 and all.

Hmm, I told mom, "marriage isn't for everyone." Come and see commotion in the house that day. My mom was stunned. She wailed, flailed, screamed! Why? Because I told her that I don't intend getting married at least not until I am forty.

I don't like marriage. I don't like how restricting it is. If I don't don't get cooped up with any woman till I die, it's fine. If I don't bear any children till I leave this world, it's fine.

We all have different needs. A lot of us have enormous need for the emotional stability that marriage brings. they like the guaranteed sex and meals that come with the package etc. I don't think those matter. If as a man I am capable of meeting my needs by by self and I do not need a lot of emotional supporting, it makes little sense for me to engage in what I do not like.

I can't wrap my head around the reason why people equate marriage with responsibility; or their impression that someone who has a natural dislike for marriage must have been hurt in the past or will be shunned by their friends.

If any of my friend shuns me because I am forty-something year old bachelor, that friend is not worthy of being my friend in the first place. Only small minded people will take such a stance and the less of those I have in my life the better for me.

I hope I do come around or find a woman that will make me change my mind. Having said that, if you are pressuring yourself because you have not married and all your friends are married and have kids, you can do yourself and favor and stop the comparisons and pressure: We all have different trajectories in life!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by austinereds(m): 3:47am On Apr 16, 2017
Well marriage ain't for everyone! Nice write up op. Well as for me I gat to have kids. Marriage is seriously overhyped. Well all reasons should be strongly considered. Women are so full of shit! Lord help us all.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 11, 2017
peacettw:
@op I don't know what to say. At first I thought you were being sarcastic but from your comments, I know now that you are dead serious.

I truly don't believe that marriage is for everyone and in truth most enter the union in order to be taken care of when they get old and for companionship. I only hope that when our time comes, there willl be old people's homes to look after those without any one to care for them.

If you end up being really rich, perhaps you should think of building one with reputable standards.

I don't want to grow too old or stay more than 70 - 75Yrs. To the extent that I will need people to take care of me.

Jesus Christ stayed only 33.5yrs. What am I doing here after 75.?

Moreover, what makes you think your children must be there when you're old to take care of you.

If they abandon you nko?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 11, 2017
I am 24 years old and I decided around the age of 19 that this thing called marriage isn't for me. The next year --when I turned 20--my older brother (by three years) hit some money and started planning his wedding and all to his fiancée of 3 years. Six months later, they wedded. One day, my mom called and began asking me if I liked my brother's style, if I intended to get married before 25 and all.

Hmm, I told mom, "marriage isn't for everyone." Come and see commotion in the house that day. My mom was stunned. She wailed, flailed, screamed! Why? Because I told her that I don't intend getting married at least not until I am forty.

I don't like marriage. I don't like how restricting it is. If I don't don't get cooped up with any woman till I die, it's fine. If I don't bear any children till I leave this world, it's fine.

We all have different needs. A lot of us have enormous need for the emotional stability that marriage brings. they like the guaranteed sex and meals that come with the package etc. I don't think those matter. If as a man I am capable of meeting my needs by by self and I do not need a lot of emotional supporting, it makes little sense for me to engage in what I do not like.

I can't wrap my head around the reason why people equate marriage with responsibility; or their impression that someone who has a natural dislike for marriage must have been hurt in the past or will be shunned by their friends.

If any of my friend shuns me because I am forty-something year old bachelor, that friend is not worthy of being my friend in the first place. Only small minded people will take such a stance and the less of those I have in my life the better for me.

I hope I do come around or find a woman that will make me change my mind. Having said that, if you are pressuring yourself because you have not married and all your friends are married and have kids, you can do yourself and favor and stop the comparisons and pressure: We all have different trajectories in life!

Great! Good luck!

Me personally I don't like marriage. I don't like complicated things and complicated lifestyles.

I don't also fancy the idea of having close relationship or intimacy with anyone. Human beings can be horribly selfish.

I love and fantasize everyday about being alone and minding my business.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 11, 2017
austinereds:
Well marriage ain't for everyone! Nice write up op. Well as for me I gat to have kids. Marriage is seriously overhyped. Well all reasons should be strongly considered. Women are so full of shit! Lord help us all.

I don't wanna have kids. I don't want to bring anyone into this horrible wicked world to come and struggle and fight against all these negative situations.

I don't want anyone to blame me while suffering.

Let me save my head first.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? / What Makes A Child An Ajebo / Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.