Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak (12511 Views)

500 Women Defect To PDP In Edo / Shocking Photos From The Recaptured Town Of Damasak, Borno State / Pictures Of Dead Bokoharam Fighters From Damasak (2) (3) (4)

Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by theoctopus: 1:12am On Mar 26, 2015
Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Kenneth Minimah

Chad, Nigerien troops in charge of border town
… As military restrains loitering ALJAZEERA journalists from restricted areas
Senator Iroegbu in Abuja

The Nigerian Army has debunked reports in the media that about 500 people, mostly women and children were abducted by the Boko Haram terrorists in Damasak, Borno State.

This is coming as the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) stated that Chadian and Nigerien troops are in charge of security and protection of the border town of Damasak in Borno State according to dictates of the memorandum of understanding (MoU) establishing the Multinational Joint Task Force (MJTF) against terrorism in Nigeria’s north east.

The Acting Director of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Col. Sani Usman, stated this yesterday during a press briefing on the activities of the Service within the period under review.

While fielding questions from journalists on the fate of the 500 people allegedly kidnapped by the terrorists, described such claims as a total fabrication.

"It is not true. Its is all lies and I don't just want to start discrediting any news agency but this particular medium has been in the habit of dishing out false news like in more than four occasions now. Please there is no 500 people that was kidnapped", he said.

In a related development, PRNigeria quoting military sources, said that DHQ has clarified the nature of military arrangement in the border town of Damasak, which has generated controversy recently.

According to sources, the clarification became necessary in view of a trending speculation in major international media that another 400 children and women were kidnapped and led away by Boko Haram terrorists while fleeing from Damasak recently liberated by Chadian and Nigerien troops.

The military personnel who spoke with PRNigeria wondered how fleeing terrorists who were pounded by Nigerian Air Force aircraft before being overwhelmed by forces from the two MJTF participating troops would pack over 400 individuals along with them in the process.

“Although we are not officially responding to such baseless assertions because it has become normal for some interests to manufacture something so that their media will have something negative to report about Nigeria. It is nevertheless important to let them know that troops from Niger and Chad have been in charge of protecting that town and we wonder how they would have allowed Boko Haram the luxury of such mass kidnapping?

“Were the abducted individuals herded away on foot or packed in trailers or small trucks?”, the source wondered.

Meanwhile, two journalists working for Aljazeera Television who were found to have been loitering around restricted areas where military operations are ongoing in the North East have been restrained in Maiduguri.

The DHQ in a statement published on defenceinfo.mil.ng, stated that “the journalists, Ahmed Idris and Mustafa Andy who were noted to have been moving around various locations including restricted areas in Yobe and Borno State were also operating without any protection, accreditation or due clearance.

"They were accordingly monitored by military intelligence operatives until they eventually had to be restrained to their hotel in Maiduguri. This followed the increasing suspicion that their activities were aimed at interfering with the ongoing military operations in the area.

"The motive, activities and some material in possession of these individuals are being investigated", the statement read.

The military authorities recalled that foreign journalists have earlier been cautioned against unauthorised and unprotected movements around the military operations area.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-army-debunks-kidnap-of-500-women-children-in-damasak/205024/#.VRLu2_b414w.twitter

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by OtunbaJega: 1:13am On Mar 26, 2015
No b so dem first debunk kidnap of the Chibok girls?

Comot for road jor.. I wan go vote CHANGE

GMB/PYO 2015

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by theoctopus: 1:36am On Mar 26, 2015
OtunbaJega:
No b so dem first debunk kidnap of the Chibok girls?

Comot for road jor.. I wan go vote CHANGE

GMB/PYO 2015

You wey no get PVC like El rufai! No be rig your party be wan rig on the 14th of Feb? Shame on you! grin grin grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by TI1919(m): 1:41am On Mar 26, 2015
Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by oduastates: 1:59am On Mar 26, 2015
Incompetence begets incompetence. These are the facts from journalists on the ground.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by Bre(f): 2:45am On Mar 26, 2015
For goodness sake!! Why isn't this story on the front page? Is it only the beauty pageantry Lalasticlala creates for APC women that is front page worthy? OAM4J, Ngwakwe, Afam4eva, maclatunji, Ikenna351 did you see this? It's not only propaganda and lies that's flying from both parties but now also being forced down our collective throats from outside. Hian

But for real, as soon as I read that non-story by Reuters I just knew they were on a mission of deception and fallacies. How can a town and entire region crawling with multinational troops just shepherd 500 human beings by force and no one will see? Not even snap one picture?? This makes me so angry and only assures me that Mr. Oyibo has a stake in this presidential race and it is clear where they would like to steer the outcome.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by efilefun(m): 2:58am On Mar 26, 2015
Jonathan don teach our military how to deny facts also... Imagine the drunkard saying those girls were not kidnapped and did nothing for almost 2 weeks now our military self don join the clueless corrupt drunkard

Sai Buhari
God bless the people's general
God bless Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by Slynonny(m): 5:49am On Mar 26, 2015
Another APC lies bursted again.
How can fleeing Mallam Buhari members abduct 500 women while on the run
My guy abeg help me call that Mallam that is passing by.
Mallam Buhari someone is calling you.
Mallam Buhari shey u get am for polish ba?
Yoo wah i get am flenti flenti.
Oya polish my shoes am late for work.
Oga kawo kwudi.
I'll pay you once your done.
Kai Oga me i no understand that english fa,u pay me i polish shoe.
Mr Man are you daft or what?
Kai oga make i no call me for draft i no sabi play draft.
Illiteracy is a disease.
Pls Mallam Buhari go back to School.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:46am On Mar 26, 2015
Slynonny:
Another APC lies bursted again.
How can fleeing Mallam Buhari members abduct 500 women while on the run
My guy abeg help me call that Mallam that is passing by.
Mallam Buhari someone is calling you.
Mallam Buhari shey u get am for polish ba?
Yoo wah i get am flenti flenti.
Oya polish my shoes am late for work.

Oga kawo kwudi.
I'll pay you once your done.
Kai Oga me i no understand that english fa,u pay me i polish shoe.
Mr Man are you daft or what?
Kai oga make i no call me for draft i no sabi play draft.
Illiteracy is a disease.
Pls Mallam Buhari go back to School.

Same way you folks denied Chibok girls kidnap saga

YOU WILL BEG BUHARI FROM MAY 29, 2015, WHEN HE STARTS THE ACTUAL POLISHING PUNISHING.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 26, 2015
oduastates:
Incompetence begets incompetence. These are the facts from journalists on the ground.
yes facts from the comfort of his office i suppose ,this beer parlour journalists have gotten used to publishing half truths at an alarming rate.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by bros1234(m): 7:48am On Mar 26, 2015
people with common sense know that the 500 women and children kidnapping is all ruse. The biggest lie of the year.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by Bonapart(m): 10:08am On Mar 26, 2015
No one knows who to trust anymore....
God of truth i beg you save Nigerians from the hands of boko haram.
Fish out the moles among our armies and our government...
Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by 5p1naz(m): 10:08am On Mar 26, 2015
Again??
Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by TRADELYN: 10:08am On Mar 26, 2015
May God keep blessing/protecting the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2015
Good
Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by dejust(m): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2015
Yeah, APC and their propagander. March 28 is already here to tell yu peple the truth. GEJ till 2019

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by ichidodo: 10:10am On Mar 26, 2015
When we say APC and their media mercenaries abroad are full of propaganda.People call us wicked if not how would they explain the kidnappings on a town which has since been recovered and reporters conducted via its deserted streets just 3 days before these propaganda.And where in the world can you hide and feed 506 in that volatile region without been found out by intelligience aerial-wise? Tis reports like these that make people see how evil the APC and their media chiefs are to this country.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by eleojo23: 10:10am On Mar 26, 2015
Is it that easy to kidnap 500 people at once?
Is it some kind of fishing spree where they just cast their net and catch 500 human beings at once?

The story smells fishy.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by activefibre1(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2015
i talk am sey na lie. Nasome niger Apc ppl wey dey google na dem first post this thing. I pray make apc no turn this country to provocation nation.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by martincbarton: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2015
Politricks.....

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by pekeyim: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2015
We are observing.

Cramjones said it was 506 cos he counted them in person. angry grin grin

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by KELVIN086: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2015
Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by Kanyol(m): 10:13am On Mar 26, 2015
I doubted that story too. It's another APC failed propaganda. It's just two days from now and we'll all see Pa Buhari crying again
GEJ gets my vote

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by Dospix(m): 10:17am On Mar 26, 2015
Those Chadians are are just orators in the field of battle. They keep collaborating with the western media to sabotage an effort that needs to be collective. This was tweeted by a credible Nigerian Journalist who is very much rooted in the happenings in the North East.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by chronique(m): 10:17am On Mar 26, 2015
Even before the army debunked it,I already knew it was a lie. Check the thread I created on it same day it was reported.

https://www.nairaland.com/2215069/reuterschadian-army-lied-town-damasak

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by belamour(m): 10:18am On Mar 26, 2015
NOT AGAIN....

200 Chibok girls Now 500 Damask Residents

CHANGE IS HERE
Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by Redoil: 10:18am On Mar 26, 2015
Ad
Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by cold(m): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2015
I asked myself the same question. How was that even possible? Fleeing terrorists carrying 500 women & children with them. I never believed that story for a second. But the NA really needs to up their media publicity. All these 'we don't want to join issues with anybody' won't wash.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by stevenosa(m): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2015
oduastates:

WETIN SOME JOURNALISTS SABI? DEM JUST DEY SAY WETIN THEM LIKE. DEM BE SPIRIT? MAKE WE BELIEVE OUR PEOPLE WEY DEY GROUND. I BELIEVE ALL IS WELL WITH NIGERIA. MAKE WE NO ALLOW SOME FEW PEOPLE COME PUT CONFUSION INSIDE US.

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 26, 2015
Y'ALL - Yet ANother Ludicrous Lie (busted)

APC, fear God abeg

Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:23am On Mar 26, 2015
It will take them another 3weeks to know that its true
Re: Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak by MARKone(m): 10:24am On Mar 26, 2015
They way they Debunked the Chibok girls.

23bn Diezani Bribe: 100 INEC Staff Face Suspension / Governor Shettima Gives Sallah Rams To Female Traders (Photos) / Governor Ugwuanyi In Early Lead As Archbishop Chukwuma,nwobodo Hail Peaceful Ele