Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert (38984 Views)

Fayose's Newspaper Advert Against Buhari In 2015 (Throwback Photo) / Fayose Celebrates Tinubu's 65th Birthday With Newspaper Advert (Photo) / Man Applies For Buhari's Ministerial Position Through Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by mayorchelsea(m): 8:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
nzeadachie:
ADVERT OO OR NO ADVERT OO, IT'S GOODLUCK OR NO NIGERIA, JIHADI BUHARI CAN NEVER RULE NIGERIA JUST WAIT AND SEE
it's you that'll rather cease to exist. Come what may,Nigeria will exist forever because I have no other country
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by babestella: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
kastonkastrol:
very true.... I just pity the gullible yoruba sons and daughters that are being deceived by this clueless president. Was it not the same jonathan that opened his smelling mouth to call the entire yoruba leaders rascals some years ago? Now the man is running amok in odualand because he wants our votes.

How many yoruba sons and daughters are even holding a reasonable position in his government? SMH

It's clear you guys don't understand why this country still remains United. Thinking that Yorubas are not benefiting from this governmentnis childish and preposterous. When last did the Yoruba race step out of office as represented by OBJ. Today we have lots of Yorubas in government too as ministers. The slot for house of rep leadership was meant for Yorubas but Tinubu and his evil cohorts frustrated that move and it was given to the northerners represented by Tambuwal and today you are talking. When GEJ said it in Ibadan you guys said he is insulting the yorubas, so why are you now complaining that Yorubas has nothing to gain.

The way you people think at times baffles me. You are not even talking of someone from Akwa Ibom, even the igbos, what of the Benín people? The Tiv and middle belt. You just left the presidency and you are talking of returning their. Why the north is angry and wants the power is because of what happened to Yar'adua which has robbed them of their turn to lead the country.

So sometimes when you people make comments, remember that NIGERIA belongs of all of us, every tribe in Nigeria has a right to lead and that has been addressed in the national conference report and it largely takes care of issues that can cause division in the country.

For stability sake, PDP will win the election and thereafter the power rotates to the north.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Robertnnaemeka(m): 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
It is unfortunate when we twist thing just for selfish gain. The advert is utterly lie. Why did they not mention the chief of naval staff when they listed defense chiefs. The chief of naval staff is from South West.
Also, let's go ahead and list executive secretaries and those on charge of all parastals and establishment in the country. It is unfortunate we tell lie to wipe up hatred and emotion this is bad. Let's be factual with things.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by ernieboy(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
soe:

Dont mind them...now they are asking for one nigeria...

All south south and south east support Jonathan.
All northerners sipport buhari
Why is it a crime for south westerners to rally round prof osinbajo?
Download Audio Here
https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/197731615/download?client_id=b45b1aa10f1ac2941910a7f0d10f8e28&oauth_token=1-16343-144980848-ccfdb3df564be0
I don't know why u people cannot get this into ur heads, the south south has diff ethnic nationalities, not only the ijaws so not everyone supports the ijaw man from otuoke.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
I do not endorse this type of campaigning ooh!

Not in my name!!

We do not need anybody to incite hatred on our behalf.

It has no place in the type of change that we want.

Vote for change !

Vote APC

Vote Buhari

Vote wisely
kahal29:
Hmmmmmm
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by meccuno: 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2015
maxit2:
Yorubas are tribalists.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by meccuno: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
OneNaira6:
I avoid any thread about yoruba but reading this thread, I just had to comment on the HYPOCRISY constantly displayed by that tribe.

I laugh really while reading this thread. Mind you, this same people you see running their mouth about "GEJ hatred" where the same set of people that insulted any Igbo that dared ask what Buhari ever did for Igbo people. The same set that insulted any SS that dared ask the same set out questions. I recall correctly most of their comments were "igbos/SS are so tribalistic. They should understand this country does not revolve around them. The president isn't just for them blah blah". I bet una a million dollars if the advert was the other way around such as saying "Buhari hates igbo people or buhari hates Christians or buhari hates Urhobo people or ijaw people or the entire SS" this comments from the yoruba would consists of shouting "tribalistic" and degatory comments about that tribe

Now read this thread and witness double speaking. I swear yorubas are the most tribalistic community in that country. SLS spoke the Truth about them when he wrote about them. Anyway, carry on.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by meccuno: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
coolebux:
You ppl planed to put GMB there so that he'll die and vacate for osibanjo.... abi?

the bad news is that GMB will not die, instead he'll live and accomplish his mission of killing yoroober ppl

yoroobers and their short memories.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by meccuno: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
4Play:
You only have to look at the living standards of Northerners who have dominated the Presidency to realise that having your ethnic kinsman in Aso Rock makes no difference to 99.99% of the President's tribesman.

I have always known that most of the hysterical anti-GEJ criticism is driven by tribalists who feel their tribe is not given a larger share of the national cake. You can sense this when these same proponents for good governance make all sorts of excuses for their inept state governors.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by meccuno: 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
Dapo4u:

Maybe we should ask all Yorubas in Igboland land to return home and ask all Igbo people in Yoruba land to go back home? At least, Igbo people are known to be highly resourceful and hard working, I guess you will turn Onistsha and Aba to Dubai in one year.
before you do that,maybe we should make anambra state the FCT for 20 years then after that,we can tell all the igbos to go back and the yÓrubas to come back to the SW......deal?
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by meccuno: 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
miketayo:

is it only the yorubas that resides in lagos, or is it only yorubas that ll use d roads u mentioned.. btw Lagos Ibadan road is been fixed with cheap materials, and it only being fixed because of d coming election, for GEJ to put that among his achievements. But come to think of it how is making road an achievement? isn`t it Nigerian`s right to have good roads?
Haba!! Cheap materials Are you sure u have passed that road Construction was on early last year......please stop lying abeg.....road wey I do pass like 4 times this year......
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by abdulwastecx(m): 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
Yomieluv:
Ethnicity,the bane of our problem,and under-development...

Nigeria will never be one,if this continues..

Jonathan started the religious bigotry card by going from churches to churches kneeling down like a clown....
He started the ethnic card by indirectly marginalizing some section of the country because he felt they were not important...
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by abdulwastecx(m): 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
meccuno:
before you do that,maybe we should make anambra state the FCT for 20 years then after that,we can tell all the igbos to go back and the yÓrubas to come back to the SW......deal?

Lagos was an independent colony for years before the stupid British amalgamated big for nothing Nigeria
Lagos was a centre of learning, commerce and advancement when some dude in remote south eastern Nigeria were killing each other for launch.

Lagos is a pride of the Yoruba race because yorubas decided to live in community with rule of laws

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 27, 2015
christopher123:

I love ill bliss and lynxxx they are just too igbotic to be dissed, now watch your mouth. Why are other scared of staying on their own. IGBOS HAVE MADE IT CLEAR 40 YRS AGO AND STILL AMKE IT CLEAR TODAY THAT THEY ARE NOT OKAY WITH THIS UNWHOLESOME ASSOCIATION

Cant people just get this simple statement? why are other Nigerians just stupid to understand this? I ask

Another tribe blinded ibo has spoken. You must have been educated I guess but its a shame the knowledge you acquired did not liberate your myopic reasoning. Big shame
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by meccuno: 12:59am On Mar 27, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Lagos was an independent colony for years before the stupid British amalgamated big for nothing Nigeria
Lagos was a centre of learning, commerce and advancement when some dude in remote south eastern Nigeria were killing each other for launch.

Lagos is a pride of the Yoruba race because yorubas decided to live in community with rule of laws

so is abuja.....hope you know how abuja was pre 1994.....was a barren and desolate land.....but because of federal presence became what it is now.....even lagos would be green with envy.....Lagos had massive infra structural boost in the 70s because of its position as the FCT then......
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by nzeadachie: 1:43am On Mar 27, 2015
mayorchelsea:
it's you that'll rather cease to exist. Come what may,Nigeria will exist forever because I have no other country
JUST WAIT AND SEE, IS IT NOT TOMORROW?
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by christopher123(m): 6:33am On Mar 27, 2015
Boyolity:

Another tribe blinded ibo has spoken. You must have been educated I guess but its a shame the knowledge you acquired did not liberate your myopic reasoning. Big shame

Does it hurt to see us prosper
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by masseratti: 9:51am On Mar 27, 2015
steppin:

Nah...Bok0hari will lose as usual.
His losing is genetic.
not when my people vote for him,that's the beauty of naija no region can hold any other down
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by miketayo(m): 10:29am On Mar 27, 2015
meccuno:
Haba!! Cheap materials Are you sure u have passed that road Construction was on early last year......please stop lying abeg.....road wey I do pass like 4 times this year......

I stay around Mowe/Ibafo so u can say i reside on that road. and yeah its cheap try walking not driving by
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Ovamboland(m): 11:29am On Mar 27, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
REASONS Y I CHANGE MY DECISION ON BUHARI.

1.THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA START WITH NORTHERNERS...ALL THOSE USELESS HEAD OF STATE

2.NORTH GREEDINESS TO ALWAYS RULE.LOOKING AT ALL NIGERIA LEADERS,MAJORITY OF THEM ARE NORTHERNERS

3.THE THIEVES SURROUNDING GMB... PEOPLE LIKE ABS,TINUBU WHICH ARE CONFIRMED POLITICAL THIEVES ARE HIS LOYALISTS

4. WE NEED AGILE LEADER NOT AGE DISADVANTAGE LEADER ...

#Y ALWAYS D NORTH

Almost all the existing power plants, Expressways, LNG plant, Refineries, Railway extensions, Seaports were built by the so called greedy past leaders, can you point to any project Jonathan has done that outclasses any listed here?
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Ovamboland(m): 12:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
Flets:
How do we avoid the impending dangers to Nigeria’s economy and existence under a Buhari presidency? We must need to face reality as there is no magic in governance. Extremely hard times lies ahead for this country if Buhari ever emerges victorious.

How do you explain to a Niger Deltan that despite GEJ's achievements in almost all sectors, roads, bridges, railways, agriculture, automobile, alamajiri schools, new universities, fertilizer and ghost worker scam elimination, freedom of press, FOI, free and fair elections, power sector. .........etc, he is still booted out.

What will stop the creeks from going haywire again? Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.
OBJ's use of JTF force could not help as no Oil producing company will risk producing crude and killing staff in a volatile region. GEJ under Yaradua had to get down to the creeks to to talk to these boys and effect the amnesty program because they found him as a representation in government.

It will be impossible to convince a ND minority albeit a militant that their own was not persecuted out of office. And that will be the theme of their new struggle. The long term solution to this mess is implementing the Confab report and enthroning true federalism.

A lot of opportunities are springing up around Africa and the IOCs are already geared towards investing in these newer and saner climes than invest in an unstable Niger delta . And while these troubles persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investments will seize in all sectors.

Unfortunately, even if the Nigerian troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one strategic location along the multi- kilometer trunk lines to continue to wreck havoc to the Nigerian economy.

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015.

Cos the truth is that without crude proceeds for now, Nigeria is finished.

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.And then we will ask.... Why were we this silly?

And before you quote me, make sure you outline in clear terms how you or Buhari will avert this obvious calamity staring us in the face
Only last week, they creek boys seem to have resumed activities by kidnapping at Yoho facility operated by Exxonmobil and have shut in 80KBD already. Are we ready for this for the next 4 years?

The entire world stands to benefit from a crisis in the Niger delta. Its not a coincidence that USA who abandoned us at the height of bokoharam is busy shouting for change in govt . Crises in the ND will reduce supply of crude to the Oil market and that would drive up the price of crude for producing countries.... But at Nigeria's expense.

Is Buhari is any way a better Democratic president than GEJ? Is this risk worth it?

Nigerians.... Be Warned!!!

You are free to disrupt your economy in the Niger delta because your son lost an election. Other peaceful regions will simply move on while gangs and lawlessness will reign supreme in your lands. The greatest loser will the poor citizens of the same Niger Delta.

You had better align with sane people from the region who can manage resources well with integrity, people like Pat Utomi, Tam David West, Donald Duke, Keyamo, etc will be the new face of leadership in the region not the Dokubos, Tompolo, Odili, Alamaseigha
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
This your comment is tribalist.
maxit2:
Yorubas are tribalists.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Flets: 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ovamboland:

You are free to disrupt your economy in the Niger delta because your son lost an election. Other peaceful regions will simply move on while gangs and lawlessness will reign supreme in your lands. The greatest loser will the poor citizens of the same Niger Delta.

You had better align with sane people from the region who can manage resources well with integrity, people like Pat Utomi, Tam David West, Donald Duke, Keyamo, etc will be the new face of leadership in the region not the Dokubos, Tompolo, Odili, Alamaseigha

I don't discuss theory, I deal with reality.
Nigeria is wrongly structured, and until its corrected, these realities will keep staring you in the face.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by laudate: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
kastonkastrol:
very true.... I just pity the gullible yoruba sons and daughters that are being deceived by this clueless president. Was it not the same jonathan that opened his smelling mouth to call the entire yoruba leaders rascals some years ago? Now the man is running amok in odualand because he wants our votes.

How many yoruba sons and daughters are even holding a reasonable position in his government? SMH

And how many Yoruba sons and daughters have sold off their patrimony for a mess of pottage? Your so-called leader Bola Tinubu has taken over entire ancestral lands and various areas in Lagos, all along Lekki-Epe expressway from Abijo to Ibeju-Lekki to Ikorodu, just to fuel his greed.

He has deprived other more qualified Yoruba people of various positions in Lagos, by installing his family members in key positions in an act of unmitigated nepotism. None of his Yoruba brethren have lifted a finger to call him to order. Now he wants to install his stooge as the Governor of Lagos State in order to continue milking the state treasury.... angry

Instead, they are belly-aching over a Niger-Delta man called Jonathan....wonders shall never cease! shocked Under their noses in 1984, Buhari enacted Decree 4 that sent Tunde Thompson a Yoruba journalist to jail, for publishing an article. What did the so-called Yoruba elders do? Now, they want to enthrone the same man that clamped Awolowo, late Olabisi Onabanjo and other Yoruba elders into jail, in the mid-eighties.

What did the late Hubert Ogunde say? '"Yoruba ronu......"
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by laudate: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
TonySpike:
Some fools here just don't get it. Let us assume that Tinubu didn't scheme away that speakership slot, would this have any effect on this published list? Isn't it obvious that there is a systematic sidelining of Yorubas in this current government? My take on this is that the loss of the speakership position is negligible compared to the reality of this list!

There is no side-lining. Yoruba people are well represented in GEJ's cabinet. How come you Yoruba people have not turned your searchlight on the mess in the APC controlled states? shocked

Fayemi lost Ekiti state due to his failure to pay civil servants their due wages ....only to turn around and spend multi-million naira to build a superlative government house equipped with gold-plated beds.

Amosun charged students of the Olabisi Onabanjo University hundreds of thousands of naira as tuition fees, yet the school remained a glorified secondary school with minimal infrastructure. What happened to the money? He only agreed to reduce the fees after students went on rampage last year.

Fashola, nko? He taxes everything that moves and tolls every major road in Lekki, only to hand over the proceeds of our taxes and sweat to his god-father Tinubu. Fashola increased LASU school fees from N25,000 per student/per annum to N197,000 for Arts and Humanities students, and N350,000 for medical students. He refused to back down on the increase in school fees in LASU, until the students camped outside Alausa and gave him a tough time. angry Tell me, how many civil servants in Lagos can afford to send their children to LASU with these kind of outrageous fees.

Aregbesola the Osun man filled with delusions of grandeur, named his territory 'The State of Osun,' as if a change of nomenclature is the only thing required to bring about true progress. He then wanted to implement a single uniform for all secondary schools across the state, as if that would automatically improve their WAEC and NECO grades!

He owed civil servants their salaries for 5 months, until the 2 weeks before re-election last year when it dawned on him and his party, that they could topple him from the helm of affairs, just as Fayemi was overthrown in Ekiti. He quickly ran around to pay the arrears of the outstanding salaries to prevent defeat. sad

Honestly, Yorubas are their own worst enemies.....they should just look inwards for those working against them. We have seen how they have run most of the APC-controlled states in the past 4 years, and honestly we are not impressed.....

Lagos might be the only exception, but even then Lagos State executes projects for 3 times the average cost, that other countries spend in executing similar projects. We understand that the money ends up in private pockets.....
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by laudate: 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
OLADD:

Your senile and unknown parents have just wasted their entire livelyhood in educating an animal like you. The president never abused the generality of yorubas but he indeed directed the said statement to Tinubu, Fashola and their fellow conmen whose actions and attitudes are nothing but rascally . Ironically, in your absolute stupidity, you did not mention the statement credited to Tinubu where he described Yoruba Obas as untrustworthy. Your absentmindedness does not avail you the opportunity of recollecting how the same Tinubu connived with some disgruntled elements in the House of Representatives to deny the southwest of Speakership position. The ongoing Ibadan expressway reconstruction project, is it not in the southwest? We know those who are working against the interest of Yorubas, certainly it's not Mr. President.

Help me tell them, o jare! grin cheesy grin shocked
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by laudate: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
SirShymexx:

............You don't even need to live in naija or be overly observant about naija politics to know GEJ hates Yorubas. Once you look at his cabinet and pattern of his government - it is a giveaway. And the only Yoruba of note there is the Minister of Agriculture and he also happens to be the only shining light in his government - and also the only one they tout as the best minister.

So Mobola Johnson the Minister of Communications & Technology is NOT Yoruba, abi? shocked So Jumoke Akinjide the Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory is not Yoruba, too? Or Alhaji Jelili Adesiyan the Minister of Police Affairs is not a Yoruba man from Osun State, too like your Minister of Agriculture named Adesina? shocked shocked

Among the current service chiefs, is the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Amosu whose men are flying Chinnok helicopters in the North East to inflict heavy losses on Boko Haram, not a Yoruba man too like Adesina?

When South Africa was performing its nonsense claiming that Nigerians were travelling with fake yellow fever certificates, and Britain also wanted Nigeria to deposit thousands of pounds with their High Commissioner as part of their visa entry process, who was the Minister that clipped their wings, back then? Was it not the late Olugbenga Ashiru an Egba son who was the Foreign Affairs Minister under GEJ? undecided

Why do you people like peddling half-truths and petty propaganda, for goodness sake? Or are you trying to say some Yoruba people are more superior to others? mtcheew

Honestly, you people have short memories.....

1 Like

Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by owobumars: 11:10am On Mar 30, 2015
Do u know u can get chep data pans from p.tech communications
mtn, and glo
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
Etisalat and aitel
500mb @ 500
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
All Valid for 30days
call chris on 08109910475
BBM 55BD07F3 . Larger sizes available
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
ZackiGp:

Your husband should divorce you.
lol! Why don't you come and encourage him,like I really care. Bring your sister for him'omo ale jati jati.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by EasternLeopard: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
HOW TIME FLIES.
CAN YORUBAS STILL SAY ALL THESE THINGS
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
It must be pathetic for the biased filths to choke on their words now.
Re: GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert by Bizibi(m): 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
Em try.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pdp Collapses In Rivers State As Wike Is Deserted - PM News / Valentine Ayika Carries His Filipino Wife After She Returned From Vacation / Abia Agog As President Buhari Visits God's Own State - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.