Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It (15527 Views)

Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number / How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Future Land Rovers Will Find Potholes And Warn Other Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by Wizdray: 9:19am On Mar 26, 2015
This is the reason why you should VOTE wisely
Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by 5p1naz(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2015
Nigerian potholes nawa

1 Like

Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by slapandfall(m): 9:20am On Mar 26, 2015
OK..
Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:21am On Mar 26, 2015
So u bumped into potholes while on ur portharcourt trip and receive motivation to write potholes article.
grin u too much, carry go my brother
Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by okeke00(m): 9:42am On Mar 26, 2015
op, it seems that you have not been to nnewi. you go fear die
Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by An0nimus: 10:02am On Mar 26, 2015
Another tip:

If you're driving along a road you're unfamiliar with and come across a puddle of water, do not be quick to drive over it. That might just be an abyss.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by blackjack21(m): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2015
AutosBay:
Advice on how to approach potholes

The following tips below would help you if you’re driving through roads with potholes:

Always keep your eyes opened – If you’re on the driving seat it’s your responsibility to keep  yourself and your car safe by looking out for potholes on the road and keeping your speed in check, most especially in wet weather when deep potholes may be filled with water.
Keep your distance – There should always be plenty of distance between your car and the vehicle in front so that you can spot the potholes on time and avoid them.
Always be at alert – You must always be aware of events happening around you like traffic or pedestrians on the road when driving before trying to avoid a pothole by changing lanes or going off the road.
Be cautious of your speed – Hitting a pothole at a high speed can be very dangerous and can cause serious damage to the vehicle and sometimes very uncomfortable for the passengers.
Avoid braking needless – When driving over a pothole try not to apply your brakes because when you apply sharp brakes to your vehicle, it tilts forward placing more stress on your front suspension.
Take on potholes with care – When driving over a pothole you should allow the wheel of your vehicle roll freely into the hole.
Handle your steering wheel correctly – When driving through a road with potholes make sure you handle your steering well because you can lose control of your vehicle if you fail to do so.
Think safety first – Always choose safety first even if you wish to inspect if your vehicle after bumping into potholes, please make sure to stop at a safe place.
Get your vehicle checked out – If you suspect that your car has sustained any damage when you encountered a pothole, it is advisable to let your mechanic check it out and tell him/her to look for other issues too.
Check the pressure of your tire regularly – Checking your tire pressure regularly is very important in defending your vehicle and yourself against potholes. Always make sure you have the right tire pressure in your tires at all times. Check the vehicle handbook for the manufacturers recommend tire for your vehicle and insist on that the next time you visit the vulcanizer.

http://www.carmudi.com.ng/journal/dangers-of-potholes-and-how-to-handle-it/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=NG_journal&utm_content=howtohandleandavoidportholes&utm_term=20150325

Ok, I will let my driver know about this. angry

10:16:04
Thu, Mar 26, 2015
Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 26, 2015
Anyone who politicize this thread with any campaign or party, or candidate will get a terribly long ban.
Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by nwadiuko1(m): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2015
@op that's a car-hole
Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by L0nestar(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
snowland:
This is educative jare....Good job @OP

Anybody ever passed through Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa-Makera road before?. Walahi Talahi, that road na fire. I have never seen any road that bad in other parts of the country. The things on the road are not Potholes but might AperinHoles. In short they are better qualified as Koto Aiye.

Thought they started patching it the last time I was on the road but mehnn, if the status is still the same, my candid advise for anybody contemplating following the road is NEVER to go with his/her personal vehicle. You will thank me later.

I passed through the road on Sunday from Ilorin to Abuja and the road is getting worse by the day. The media hype on road construction is false. Next time I am going home, I will pass through lokoja.
Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by aieromon(m): 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
L0nestar:

I passed through the road on Sunday from Ilorin to Abuja and the road is getting worse by the day. The media hype on road construction is false. Next time I am going home, I will pass through lokoja.

That road is the worst federal highway in the whole country. I suggest you seek advice from public transport companies before you ply most of the federal roads next time.

Sorry for the experience.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It by abidemidare: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
snowland:
This is educative jare....Good job @OP

Anybody ever passed through Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa-Makera road before?. Walahi Talahi, that road na fire. I have never seen any road that bad in other parts of the country. The things on the road are not Potholes but might AperinHoles. In short they are better qualified as Koto Aiye.

Thought they started patching it the last time I was on the road but mehnn, if the status is still the same, my candid advise for anybody contemplating following the road is NEVER to go with his/her personal vehicle. You will thank me later.

Yes ooo my brother, that road na Hell fire, I passed through it 2011, from Lagos to bida, Menn I saw hell. Hope they have fixed it now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? / Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? / A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.