Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya (22004 Views)

Young Secondary Schoolgirl Dies From Abortion (Photos) / Kidnappers’ Boss Started Bleeding When He Saw Me –abducted Schoolgirl (pic) / I Worked To Raise $6,000 For Libyan love-vendor ─kidnapped Schoolgirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by dre11(m): 7:18am On Mar 26, 2015
Fifteen-year-old Precious Nwaigwe, the Ogun schoolgirl that was abducted in the Ajah area of Lagos State by kidnappers based in Niger Republic, has been sold to men suspected to be pimps in Libya.

The victim’s mother, Blessing, told PUNCH Metro that investigations by the police had also shown that one of their relatives was involved in the kidnapping.

Our correspondent had reported on January 27 that Precious was kidnapped on Sunday, May 25, 2014.

Her father, Okoro, a trader, had told PUNCH Metro that his daughter was on holiday with him in the Ajah area.

He said he had bid her farewell on the fateful day at the Sangotedo bus stop while in a vehicle en route to her school, without knowing the bus was driven by kidnappers.

It was reported that a few weeks after the journey, the Nwaigwes got a call from Patience’s school, Ikenne Community College, Ikenne, Ogun State, that she had yet to arrive at the school.

The parents had subsequently reported to the police in the Ajah division.

It was reported that about two months after the kidnap, the victim’s parents got a call from the kidnappers in the Niger Republic, who demanded a ransom of $100,000.

In a follow-up, our correspondent reported that the kidnappers threatened to make Precious work for the ransom if it was not paid.

PUNCH Metro later reported that Precious had been sold to a love-vendor, who insulted her parents for disturbing them, saying they were merely doing business.

The victim’s father had expressed helplessness and frustration, saying the family had become bankrupt after spending on attempts to rescue her without getting any result.

The case was transferred from the Ajah Police Division to the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba, before it was taken over by men of the Anti-Robbery Squad of the command in Ikeja.

A police source told our correspondent on Wednesday that latest findings by the police showed that Precious had been sold to some people in Libya.

He said, “The girl is no more in the Niger Republic. She has been taken to Libya and the police have arrested one of those involved in the kidnap.

“The new suspect told us that the girl was no longer in his custody because she had been sold to some people suspected to be pimps in Libya.”

Precious’ mother, Blessing, told PUNCH Metro on the telephone on Wednesday that the family was aware that Precious had been sold to some people in Libya, adding that a new suspect had been arrested by the police.

She said the latest suspect was a relative.
She said, “The person that has just been arrested is one of our relatives.

“He is my cousin’s child and is currently with SARS. When we got his contact sometime in September last year from the kidnappers, we did not know he was the one because they gave us a different name.

It was during investigations that the police discovered that he is my relative.

“So, his family and our family had a meeting and he was invited to the meeting to resolve the issue.

“It was during the meeting that the police arrested him.

“The suspect said the girl was no longer with him.

“He told the police investigators that after he was paid N250,000, he released the girl to another person who took her to Libya.”

She said the kidnappers had called the family with more than 35 foreign numbers.

“The last time we spoke with Precious, she told us that she was now in Libya, “Blessing added.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, Kenneth Nwosu, said he would call back.

He has, however, yet to do so as of press time.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/kidnapped-schoolgirl-sold-to-pimps-in-libya/

1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by belamour(m): 7:19am On Mar 26, 2015
Rule 1. TRUST NOBODY

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by dre11(m): 7:20am On Mar 26, 2015
God save us from this evil cousins who only wants our down fall

See as this cousin decide to gang up and kidnap her younger aburo

5 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by oluwafemi113(m): 7:22am On Mar 26, 2015
All because of money undecided

5 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by kingphilip(m): 7:38am On Mar 26, 2015
the holy Scriptures never lied after all when it said the love of money is the root of all evil

if everyone learn to b contented with what he or she has most crimes in our society will b reduced to the bearest minimum

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by 5p1naz(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2015
i stopped reading after the paragraph that said the parents found out their daughter was kidnapped weeks after she left for school. And this was because the school called to telll them she'd been absent from school.

Shows how caring both parents were. I mean first of all the father put her in a vehicle all by herself from Ajah all the way to Ikenne. The least he coulda done was call a teacher or guardian in school to find out if she arrived.

He never gave our "wonderful" nigerian police a chance to find her because the kidnappers had a very good head Start.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by efilefun(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2015
Oluwa wa

Meanwhile it's just few days to go
It's time for change
Vote General Muhammadu Buhari for president of the federal republic of Nigeria
"Change is the only thing that is constant in this life and it's inevitable"
God bless you all as you all head to the polling boots to vote in the people's general

God bless GMB
God bless PYO
God bless Nigeria

Sai Buhari .... Change!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by koligs: 9:25am On Mar 26, 2015
Wicked country!!! May God deliver us all..
As for me and my household, am not coming out to vote...
I love my life more than anything.
If u aren't voting as well, punch the like button

13 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by Jelo4kul(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2015
Kidnapping here and there, I hope its note one of those Bokoharam thugs that did this one. I wonder what the state of her parents would be now.. I know the mum would be shedding tears by now. Jonathan please do something .. I love you but don't make me vote Buhari
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by martincbarton: 9:25am On Mar 26, 2015
Wicked world.

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by Mogidi: 9:26am On Mar 26, 2015
Sad
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by Sunnyade01(m): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2015
We need a responsible government.

Buhari /Osinbajo.

GMB15.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by ozoigbondu: 9:26am On Mar 26, 2015
pimps shocked
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by ayusco85(m): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2015
The parents of the girl must be in agony now.
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 26, 2015
So someone can betray his relative like that?

Some people....
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 26, 2015
Sunnyade01:

Buhari /Osinbajo.

GMB15.

Having an APC govt....or even a PDP govt won't stop such evil people.

It is like the drug trade.....where a drug courier can earn $4000 for carrying drugs from A to C.

Whereas if he did something legitimate...it would take months of careful saving to get to that amount.

Some people are just plane evil. And no Jupiter, or even GMB can change them

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by ozoigbondu: 9:28am On Mar 26, 2015
Sunnyade01:

Buhari /Osinbajo.

GMB15.

Your stupidity must be imported lagos is an APC state........Dunce

9 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by fireforfire: 9:29am On Mar 26, 2015
Na wa oooo.dis so called relatives eh
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by lordmario(m): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2015
Trust is rare nowadays.... Human being being sold off like cow.... Na wa o
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by Setaje(f): 9:31am On Mar 26, 2015
Jesus....... cry
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by okoloikenna(m): 9:31am On Mar 26, 2015
and this useless guy go follow de shout say our government de corrupt

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by Sibrah: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2015
Sad but true.
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by MrPresident1: 9:34am On Mar 26, 2015
Sighs...
Please tarry no more O Saviour of the world.
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by dubbiskelly(m): 9:35am On Mar 26, 2015
Send in Liam Neeson but on a serious note this is a very disturbing situation, I can't imagine the agony the parents must be going through. sad

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by Pearlvictory(m): 9:38am On Mar 26, 2015
Jelo4kul:
Kidnapping here and there, I hope its note one of those Bokoharam thugs that did this one. I wonder what the state of her parents would be now.. I know the mum would be shedding tears by now. Jonathan please do something .. I love you but don't make me vote Buhari
I feel like slapping in some sense into you. What has Jonathan got to do with this? Is it his call?

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by snowland(m): 9:39am On Mar 26, 2015
This is what happens when poverty reigns supreme in countries where the gap between the rich and the poor is as wide as the distance between Lagos and London.

They parenting style of the parent should also be questioned. You waited for the school to call you to inquire why your child is absent from school b4 you report to the police?. Or maybe this post does not capture all that actually happened.
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by menix(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2015
This is wicked..

Money is now graduating frm d root of all evil to the seedling of all evil....

I pray Nigeria Police gets to d root of diz nd brings back the gal..

This wickedness will neva b our portion, Amen....
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by bigv(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2015
All izz well with Nigeria. We speak peace, security of lives and property.
May the evil ones who would not change their ways perish!
Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by Bonapart(m): 9:43am On Mar 26, 2015
If na Libya, then she don reach italy be: sold into prostitution already .... it's a plan work. The people behind the kidnapping are woman.
This is what they do when they run out of girls....
God have mercy

#change! !!!!

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Schoolgirl Sold To Pimps In Libya by eagleeyez: 9:45am On Mar 26, 2015
dre11:

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/kidnapped-schoolgirl-sold-to-pimps-in-libya/

God! The pain this woman is going through.
We might just be readers anbd spectators,but do note that every single one of us is a potential victim.
May God heal the mother's pain and assist her.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Suspected ATM Fraudster (Photo) / Man, Fiancée And Five Others Kidnapped On Their Wedding Day In Ondo / EFCC Arrests ‘pastor’ For N200m Fraud (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.