Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? (4619 Views)

6 Reasons Bad Girls Get Married To Good Guys / Why Do Many Young Girls Get Deflowered On Valentine's Day? / 5 Unfair Situations Girls Get Guys Into. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Fizboy(m): 7:37am On Mar 26, 2015
This is not a thread to bash ladies but a thread created to get answers and opinions about the topic of the thread.
All of a sudden every girl in Nigeria both the pretty and stalk ugly ones thinks she is a queen or goddess meant to be worshipped and adored by guys. Gone are the days where women treated men with respect and humility. An average Nigerian girl now wants you to lick her feet b4 giving you a chance and that, most still feel they are doing you a favor being your girlfriend . Even the handsome and rich guys are not getting it easy as before.
An imperfect Nigerian girl now wants and believes she deserve a perfect guy that possesses all the necessary qualities required whereas she got nothing worthy to give. Having a high self esteem about yourself is good but how come most Nigerian girls are so full of it nowadays whereas more guys are dwindling in low self-esteem.
I know this would serve as an ego booster to most girls in this forum so enjoy it while it last. And note, this phenomenon is mostly exhibited among young ladies in their youthful age because older ladies are much more different.
Your opinions please

6 Likes

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Lyrically(m): 7:40am On Mar 26, 2015
69 missed calls..she dey call i no dey pick

4 Likes

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 26, 2015
Negotiated and booked!
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by cheezy4whizy: 7:46am On Mar 26, 2015
they spend lot of cash to look good so dey believe dey shoudnt come cheap too.
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 26, 2015
Fizboy:
This is not a thread to bash ladies but a thread created to get answers and opinions about the topic of the thread.
All of a sudden every girl in Nigeria both the pretty and stalk ugly ones thinks she is a queen or goddess meant to be worshipped and adored by guys. Gone are the days where women treated men with respect and humility. An average Nigerian girl now wants you to lick her feet b4 giving you a chance and that, most still feel they are doing you a favor being your girlfriend . Even the handsome and rich guys are not getting it easy as before.
An imperfect Nigerian girl now wants and believes she deserve a perfect guy that possesses all the necessary qualities required whereas she got nothing worthy to give. Having a high self esteem about yourself is good but how come most Nigerian girls are so full of it nowadays whereas more guys are dwindling in low self-esteem.
I know this would serve as an ego booster to most girls in this forum so enjoy it while it last. And note, this phenomenon is mostly exhibited among young ladies in their youthful age because older ladies are much more different.
Your opinions please

Unfortunately sir, the opposite is the case in my situation. Girls loyal for muah die. Dont know abt you.

And btw, opening such thread this early mo mo, is that what you dreamt last night?

1 Like

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Viktoh(m): 7:47am On Mar 26, 2015
cool
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by cheezy4whizy: 7:48am On Mar 26, 2015
Lyrically:
69 missed calls..she dey call i no dey pick
bros re u dating a call centre agent

5 Likes

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 26, 2015
Op,
First of all, I am going to start by contradicting one of your statements.
You said "gone are the days when women treated men with respect and humility". Well I don't know about you, but I don't think its just women that are obliged to treat men with respect. Respect is something we humans give to each other. Its not something that is restricted to a particular gender.

That being said, I agree with your assertion to a certain level
Its true that in recent times, most girls have bathed themselves in egotistical views about themselves and overly high self importance over men
But you wouldn't want to blame them, when you guys have for long seen them as nothing but objects of pleasure and "show-off".
You guys have created the impression that sex is what's paramount when you want to go into a relationship, so the average girl believes when you approach her, your main desire is what's between her legs, hence the behaviors exacted by most of them

Secondly, most ladies have for long been treated like _shit, so they try not to fall victim to such form of dehumanization
Ladies act like that because they want someone who is deserved of them and wouldn't want to settle for less

I would say most ladies are just trying to lay hold to that fragment of dignity that has been torn away from them by the opposite gender, but maybe in doing so, some take it a little bit "over the top" and that's were the concept of maturity comes into play.....

8 Likes

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Fizboy(m): 7:50am On Mar 26, 2015
cheezy4whizy:
they spend lot of cash to look good so dey believe dey shoudnt come cheap too.
cool point..
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by falconey(m): 7:50am On Mar 26, 2015
nice write up, having high self esteem is not something you inherit or earn, is something you build and it takes years to build.

At some point most people in this case girls suffer the anxiety, as you said enjoy it while it last that's just it.
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Fizboy(m): 7:51am On Mar 26, 2015
RedBenson:

Unfortunately sir, the opposite is the case in my situation. Girls loyal for muah die. Dont know abt you.

And btw, opening such thread this early mo mo, is that what you dreamt last night?
good for you man and nah I dreamt of something better.
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 26, 2015
As long as u are a MAN and act like one, a high esteemed lady as you classified will melt if she see the qualities needed for her man in you without spending much.
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Fizboy(m): 7:55am On Mar 26, 2015
falconey:
nice write up, having high self esteem is not something you inherit or earn, is something you build and it takes years to build.

At some point most people in this case girls suffer the anxiety, as you said enjoy it while it last that's just it.
ya brah. Tnx for your contribution
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Dygeasy(m): 8:00am On Mar 26, 2015
You want to know why?

Guys caused it. Guys chase girls for different reasons; Big _butt or _boobs, Beauty, True love for Serious relationship, one or two or all of these reasons but the way we go about it is what's killing us.

An average guy would go to hell and back to impress the most not-goodlooking girl just because she possesses something he wants and thus does a lot of things and stupid things too to make her feel special. This is where the girl raises her level of shakara cos she knows she has one thing you want and she feels she's the only one who has it hence a little exposure of those cleavages and my brothers have slashed their salaries into two, small posterior view of her yansh we're already picturing the way to the nearest ATM, a puppy-eyed please and our poor parents at home will start running helter-skelter to source for money for non-existent textbooks and project assignments. All these things are a neglect of our real personalities and substituting it for money (to impress) which boils down still to low self-esteem.

It is alright to make a girl feel special but don't swallow the _bullshit that comes with it. Girls are soo good at stuff like this.

Solution

Guys should start seeing themselves as something to desire too. Chase but don't fall in the mud in the process. If you're interested in a girl, don't try so hard to impress her cos this is where we go overboard and start taking those _bullshit. Slowly and steadily, beautiful or ugly, she will feel you if you're 'feel(able)'. So work on yourselves first and maintain it, even a queen wouldn't be able to bring down that ego/self-esteem. cool

14 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by SpeedyConnect(m): 8:00am On Mar 26, 2015
Virtu medio stat
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Fizboy(m): 8:14am On Mar 26, 2015
Dygeasy:
You want to know why?

Guys caused it. Guys chase girls for different reasons; Big _butt or _boobs, Beauty, True love for Serious relationship, one or two or all of these reasons but the way we go about it is what's killing us.

An average guy would go to hell and back to impress the most not-goodlooking girl just because she possesses something he wants and thus does a lot of things and stupid things too to make her feel special.

It is alright to make a girl feel special but don't swallow the _bullshit that comes with it. Girls are soo good at stuff like this.

Solution

Guys should start seeing themselves as something to desire too. Chase but don't fall in the mud in the process. If you're a girl, don't try so hard to impress her cos this is where we go overboard and start taking those _bullshit. Slowly and steadily, beautiful or ugly, she will feel you if you're 'feel(able)'. So work on yourselves first and maintain it, even a queen wouldn't be able to bring down that ego. cool
word! Your head dey there.. I have always thought of this to be the main reason and wish more guys could use their heads more when it comes to impressing a girl..

2 Likes

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Beckybeky(f): 8:24am On Mar 26, 2015
I've always told guys " You won't die if you if don't have a
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by TeamSimple(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
OP I disagree,I believe our mothers had more self esteem during their days than the new crop of ladies we have now. Most ladies nowadays are pretenders,who doesn't even know what she wants. Some are quite exceptional though.
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by activefibre1(m): 8:38am On Mar 26, 2015
Fizboy:
Your opinions please
face your book oooo.
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Lyrically(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2015
cheezy4whizy:
bros re u dating a call centre agent
how u take knw?
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Trut(m): 9:52am On Mar 26, 2015
They got the self esteem from Nollywood and Hollywood
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Mhizizzy(f): 10:29am On Mar 26, 2015
Why wont women AV self esteem

Women have been put at d back for so looong

We AV been cheated thru..rape..girlchild marriage

Now we got our rights back..we can be company owners..bank directors. .deputy governors..minister for finance nd even contest for president of a country

Itz no longer a men world

Women havebeen liberated

We now AV ego too

We can feed ourselves now

Nd make decisions for ourselves

M proud to be a woman

1 Like

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by SkinnyDude(m): 10:36am On Mar 26, 2015
simple. stop worshiping them. you see this nonsense wil stop asap.

2 Likes

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by naijaboiy: 10:54am On Mar 26, 2015
Mhizizzy:
Why wont women AV self esteem

Women have been put at d back for so looong

We AV been cheated thru..rape..girlchild marriage

Now we got our rights back..we can be company owners..bank directors. .deputy governors..minister for finance nd even contest for president of a country

Itz no longer a men world

Women havebeen liberated

We now AV ego too

We can feed ourselves now

Nd make decisions for ourselves

M proud to be a woman
Sorry!

I don't think the Op was talking about feminism in this context. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 26, 2015
SkinnyDude:
simple. stop worshiping them. you see this nonsense wil stop asap.

Please explain "worship", as used in your statement
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2015
missclasssy:

Please explain "worship", as used in your statement
'chasing' them as if their lives depend on it. doing stewpid things to impress them. being un neccessary nice to them. dissatisfying themselves just to satisfy girls.

that's what i mean by worship.

1 Like

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by teasel: 11:07am On Mar 26, 2015
Why shouldn't girls and females in general have high esteem?
You're talking about Nigerian women treating Nigerian men with respect and humility. The average Nigerian man doesn't have respect for women. If you guys are not denigrating(verbally) them, you're physically assaulting them. If you're not physically assaulting them, you're raping them. If you're not doing that, you're murdering them.
Don't come here asking for what you can't give.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by naijaboiy: 11:09am On Mar 26, 2015
[b]i'll simply use NL for example.

A guy sees a girl's post on a thread and then he quickly checks her profile picture. Seeing that she's "Fine" he begins to fool himself anywhere around her.

He over complements her and make her half baked picture looking like one taken by Beyonce. He stalks the lady anywhere she goes and quotes her unnecessarily.

Sometimes these girls will do something annoying and the guy will still be the one to apologise up and down.

This has boosted the ego of some of the ladies whom guys don't even look at "twice" in real life on here.

I've seen countless cases where some ladies will threaten a guy never to quote or mention her again. Not because the guy did anything wrong actually but maybe he just said something out of play. And she goes all out forming Nicki minaj.

Like who are you that you shouldn't be quoted or mentioned again? undecided

Furthermore,,when you don't give some of these ladies the attention they get from other guys they tend to hate you or have bad blood towards you.

If some guys can be fooling themselves here on NL and some mgbekes who are not even worth looking at in real life be forming then what do you expect in reality? undecided

Nobody is disputing the fact that women should have self-esteem. But we are talking about it in another context.
[/b]

13 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 26, 2015
Really? undecided
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by naijaboiy: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2015
teasel:
Why shouldn't girls and females in general have high esteem?
You're talking about Nigerian women treating Nigerian men with respect and humility. The average Nigerian man doesn't have respect for women. If you guys are not denigrating(verbally) them, you're physically assaulting them. If you're not physically assaulting them, you're raping them. If you're not doing that, you're murdering them.
Don't come here asking for what you can't give.
You should Learn not to generalise.

Have you not come across men who don't do such of what you listed above?

Do you have male siblings who denigrate,,physically abuse,,murder or rape women?

If yes then I agree with your point.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2015
OP, I think your topic should be "Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks".

Are you insinuating having high self esteem is a sin or bad?

This thread is dead on its arrival. Lubbish! angry
Re: Where did Nigerian girls get their superiority complex over male folks? by tosyne2much(m): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2015
What a lovely write-up

Personally speaking and generally summarizing, apart from the fact that the way you treat people determines the way you would be treated (not in all cases tho), I think the respect ladies have for men these days keep dwindling day by day

In recent time, many of them now wear garments of display of superiority complex over men, pride and lackadaisical attitude, making them feel they can handle men like a pinch of salt expecting them to be treated like Dangote bag of cement

I think it still boils down to poor orientation, improper upbringing, putting what they watch in Nollywood movies into practice, and civilization when an average is too full of herself

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Romance / Guyz! how Did U Feel When U First Wore A Condom And Saw Dat Ur joystick Sized It / She Bleeded Without Puttimg My Dick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.