Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Daily Grace Capsule | Mon.23rd.march 2015 | Tongues-made-easy! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Mon.23rd.march 2015 | Tongues-made-easy! (571 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / The Chosen Daily Devotional 23rd March, 2016 / Daily Grace Capsule | Mon.30th.march.2015 | The Revelation Gifts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Mon.23rd.march 2015 | Tongues-made-easy! by ComeBackHome: 8:45am On Mar 26, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | MON.MARCH.23rd 2015

TONGUES-MADE-EASY | Acts 2: 4 (TM)

“And they started speaking in a number of different languages as the Spirit prompted them”

As said in a couple of days ago, speaking in other tongues is not ‘Learnable’’. In other words, you don’t say as I say to speak in other tongues. Undoubtedly, obviously, some do this. They repeat as the person leading them say. Such is the foulest error in respect of speaking in this supernatural tongues.

From the above passage, our word of emphasis is the word ‘PROMPTED’.

In King James, it is render as ‘gave’ – “as the Spirit ‘gave’ them utterance”

From other translations:

Acts 2: 4 ‘New King James Version’ (NJKV) | “And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”

Acts 2: 4 ‘The Living Bible’ (TLB) | “And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in languages they didn't know, for the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.

Acts 2:4 'Easy-To-Read-Version’ (ERV) | “They were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they began to speak different languages. The Holy Spirit was giving them the power to do this”

What we read above invalidates the ideology of ‘learning’ how to speak in other tongues.

According to each translations above (Act 2: 4), obviously, it is the spirit that do the ‘Empowering, the Giving’.

In Greek, ‘didōmi’ (did'-o-mee) translates the expression of ‘giving the utterance’ in Acts 2: 4. It depicts, literally or figuratively, ‘to give’ (bestow, bring forth, prompt, commit, deliver up, give, grant, make, minister, offer).

What an instructive Greek translation - bestow, bring forth, prompt, commit, deliver (up), give, grant, make, minister, offer.

If you are to answer ‘Who do the giving’? That is, the prompting’? Going by what you have above, it is so obvious that you will not miss the right answer. The Holy Spirit is behind the prompting. Once more, undoubtedly, this discredit the ideology of learning/cramming of tongues’ speaking.

Highly factual.

THE ‘YOU’

However, it didn’t end there. That was the responsibility of the first party – the Holy Spirit. Here is the second party’ responsibility - The ‘receiver’, that is, the ‘You’.

You also have a major role to play in receiving this supernatural way of praying as shown from the same passage – Act 2: 4.

Acts 2: 4 (NJKV) | “And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”

Pay attention to these phrases – (i). And they (the believers) were all filled; and (ii). And began to speak with other tongues.

Affirmatively, your responsibility is the ‘speaking’ part. In other words, while the Holy Spirit do the ‘prompting’, that is, giving you the utterances needed; you do the speaking – the voicing out.

PLEASE, NOTE: it doesn’t need to be spectacular/breathtaking/dramatic/extravagant, to be spiritual.

You will see this all through the book of Acts where Christ’ followers received this baptism of the Holy Spirit. They did the speaking themselves. Holy Spirit didn’t open their mouth for them. He only gave the right utterances needed | See Acts 19: 1 – 7, Acts 8: 15 – 19, Acts 10: 44 – 47.

The common factors in Acts 19: 1 – 7, Acts 8: 15 – 19, Acts 10: 44 – 47 are: Holy Spirit gave the promptings; the believers did the speaking.

Ignorantly, we keep locked our mouth in a bid to receiving this supernatural gift after which the Holy Spirit might have undertaking His role – the prompting.

I was once in that shoe. Years back, May 2000 to be precise. I scattered every benches that were inside the Church auditorium where they were trying to get me baptized with the Holy Ghost, yet; no visible result. I have the prompting. It was real. I had it in my spirit but unfortunately, I didn’t speak out because I 'refuse' to voice out. In actual sense, I wasn’t taught all these. I was ignorant of them all.

It was three or few days after that day that I spoke out. This graceful day, I was just all alone by myself, not even in any religious environment. I was in my house when this prompting came again. And I heard within me, speak out.

Wao! What an experience. Instantly, by faith, I spoke out; and till date, am still speaking it out - growing daily.

Dearly beloved, all am doing in this session is to eradicate this kind of ignorance – waiting for the Holy Spirit to open our mouth for us. He will not do that. Yes! He will not.

Please, accept my apology. We have to continue from here tomorrow. Am telling you, tomorrow’s capsule will interest you. Believe you, me.

And till we meet again tomorrow, keep ‘tonguing and if you are yet, just be a bit patient, please. By tomorrow, you will. And if you are eager to now, in the name of Jesus, be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

NOW, SAY | By faith, I receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues and by faith also, I speak out.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I see the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in my life as I consciously see Him as He is – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

The Realms Of Dreams Part 2 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/08/15 / 7 Feared Dead As Islamic School Building Collapse In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.