Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (51544 Views)

Thugs Attack & Beat Up Channels TV Cameraman Covering Osun Workers Clash (Pic) / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by adebisi000: 11:55am On Mar 26, 2015
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun on Wednesday opened up on his inability to pay the salaries of workers in the state for five months, blaming it on “declining federal allocation.”

The governor made the open confession at the 7th Bola Tinubu Colloquium organised to mark Tinubu’s 63rd birthday in Lagos.

He said he was deeply pained and unhappy that he had not been able to pay workers salaries.

“I have found it hard to pay the wage bills owing to the declining federal allocation to the state.

“Federal allocation to the state has reduced by 40 per cent since 2013, making it difficult for government to meet up its responsibilities,” he said.

Aregbesola said the situation became so bad at a time that he resorted to the state’s reserves and exhausted it on payment of salaries.

The governor added that the government went ahead to accumulate debt of N12 billion in its bid to ensure that salaries were paid.

He said that he would not mind to borrow more “just to ensure that workers were paid but the “banks would not grant more loans.”

He said: “Osun is next to Lagos in the sheer size of its civil service.

“In fact, the state inherited 50 per cent of all the workers in the old western state and more than 75 per cent in the old Oyo State.

“I was meeting my wage bill of over N3.6 billion with N4.6 billion federal allocation until July, 2013 when the Federal Government announced a decline of about 40 per cent allocation to states.

“This reduced the state’s allocation from N4.6 billion with which I was meeting my bills to N2.6 billion.

“Since then, Osun has had to augment salaries by sometimes N1 billion, sometimes N1.6 billion.

“Before the last time I paid salaries in November, 2014, I have had to either spent the state’s reserves on salaries or borrow money.

“Today, I have a loan of N12 billion that we spent on salaries and I could not go to the banks anymore.”

The governor said that his administration remained pro-workers in spite of the tight corner it had found itself, pledging to pay the salary arrears as soon as the means was available.

He reiterated the commitment of his administration to the welfare of the people, adding that he had demonstrated the commitment with the implementation of a number of programmes.

He described Tinubu as “an icon through whom many great leaders had risen”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/25/why-i-owe-osun-workers-5-months-salary-aregbesola/

What a clumsy excuse from a failed governor from a failed party.

191 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 26, 2015
This is dumb and it doesnt change the fact that you are a liar and a thief who is inconsiderate

Talk about self-centered human.being.

Mtcheew

160 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by MRLINGTON(m): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2015
Lies

Thief!!

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by FEROH: 11:58am On Mar 26, 2015
No matter your excuse, you don't have any reason to owe them

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by ephemm(m): 12:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ogbeni you can't continue to remain unpopular!
Take the hard decision once and leave with the consequences, future generations will appreciate you for it.
Osun State workforce needs pruning.
With huge farmlands, they can't afford to lazy about in government offices. Invest in Agriculture; CBN has since OBJ days, set aside loans to boost Agricultural development.
The truth is bitter, but someone has to take the bull by the horn.

The embarrassment the non payment is causing is even more.
Do it NOW, if because of this Osun people will not vote for APC, let them give their vote to the clueless GEJ, but their children and grandchildren will praise you in future.

Mo so temi to.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
Lazy bastards should stop depending on Niger Delta oil revenue and start planting cocoa.

Parasites!

213 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ogbeni, Am dissapointed..Is this Change APC wan bring ??
GEJ till 2019 as Buhari and his cohorts weep again

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 12:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ask magga madam amaechi to pay osun salaries

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by nzeadachie: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
CRIMINAL!!!! INSTEAD OF YOU TO TELL THEM THAT YOU'RE USING THEIR MONTHLY ALLOCATION TO SPONSOR APC & BUHARI

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by atlwireles: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
This is one of the souls shouting change all over the place. Change to what again undecided

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
IS THIS THE KIND OF CHANGE YOU IDIOTS WILL GIVE TO US.EVN IF BUHARI MANAGES TO WIN ON DREAMLAND,WHERE DO THEY HOPE TO GET THE MONEY TO BE PAYING CIVIL SERVANTS AND CARRYING OUT OTHER STATE DUTIES? THE ND MILITANTS WILL ENSURE THAT THE OIL PRODUTION OUTPUT FROM THE REGION GRINDS TO A HALT

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by appini: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ogbeni failed to add the money he gave out to some PDP chieftains to decamp to APC prior to his re-election last year.

Later, one cripple will come and tell me that oil money is not good.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
How come Fayose is able to pay Ekiti State civil servants, clear the backlog owed by Fayemi and still embark on people oriented projects?

APC is a fraudulent party consisting of the most incapable and corrupt individuals.

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by mmsen: 12:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
“In fact, the state inherited 50 per cent of all the workers in the old western state and more than 75 per cent in the old Oyo State.

“I was meeting my wage bill of over N3.6 billion with N4.6 billion federal allocation until July, 2013 when the Federal Government announced a decline of about 40 per cent allocation to states.

If you are relying on Federal allocation to pay wages then you have too many workers.

Those positions that you claim you inherited should have been phased out - that is what a competent leader would have done.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by IGBOSON1: 12:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
This is indefensible!

Any state incapable of paying its workers for a good 5 months needs to be swallowed up by a more prosperous neighbour! The bloody fake type of federalism we practice in this country is part of the problem....creating states will-nilly just to grab more resources from the center and have more numbers in the national assembly!

In an ideal situation, you could have a geo-political zone/region with say 3 states and another with 5; it should all depend on their viability! But trust Naija.....we always find a way to fuc/k up a perfectly good system of gov't!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
Odenni AregbeRasca Rauf himself throwing osun people's illegal share of niger delta oyel money to APC touts in Lagos during their political rally for buhari dunce and manlet osinbanjo.

When they squander their states' resources they will then start fighting Ngozi and Jonathan

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by MrPresident1: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
How did this rascal become the Governor of a whole state? angry

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
Keep lamenting,

Long throat agbereo governor

RevDesmondJuju:
[size=38pt]
The many Lamentations of oyel money by Areberascal

[/size]

Aregbesola Accusses Jonathan of Squandering U.S.$35 Billion Oil Money
http://allafrica.com/stories/201502010218.html

Nigeria lost 1.2 trillion naira to oil theft in 2014-  Aregbesola 
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-lost-n1-2trn-to-crude-oil-theft-in-2014-alleges-aregbesola/198795/

Jonathan responsible for oil theft-Aregbesola
https://www.facebook.com/GovernorRaufAregbesola/posts/791547530882282

Nigeria loses 2.2 trillion naira to oil theft -Aregbesola
https://www.facebook.com/GovernorRaufAregbesola/posts/798085810228454

$14bn lost to oil theft annually -Aregbesola
http://leadership.ng/news/400862/14bn-lost-oil-theft-yearly-aregbesola

Till Today, Jonatan can not account for $14.6bn dollars-Aregbesola

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/01/till-today-jonathan-cant-account-for.html

40% reduction in Osun’s federal allocation unjustifiable – Aregbesola
http://www.punchng.com/news/40-reduction-in-osuns-federal-allocation-unjustifiable-aregbesola/

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by ERockson: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
This is the same Aregbe that pays SA and commissioners as at when due. Aregbe should reduce the cost of running government house and see whether he won't have enough to pay workers

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
APC is a very useless party.just imagine the type of change they want to import to the federal level .God forbid

76 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
MrPresident1:
How did this rascal become the Governor of a whole state? angry

Tinubu bribed the disgraced Justice Salami of the Appeal Court who ruled in favor of the formerly known Engineer who has since stopped claiming to be an engineer after Omisore exposed Aregberascal as a refrigerator technician.

Odenni Rauf submitted a fake Engineering degree in his first INEC form only for him to submit WAEC in his last form as his highest academic certificates.

Fraudsters, forgers and incompetent fools

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by scholarteam: 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
The state is practically in financial doldrums.They should do the needful before they the state is declared bankrupt. I have never seen Ogbeni lose his boisterous confidence like he sounded in this report.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
How much is Osun Governor's Security Vote? Is the Governor owing himself and other political office holder? The money spent on party campaigns, adverts and logistics is more than enough to pay civil servants. Na wa o

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Truckpusher(m): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
How much is Osun Governor's Security Vote? Is the Governor owing himself and other political office holder? The money spent on party campaigns, adverts and logistics is more than enough to pay civil servants. Na wa o
That's the kind of change these moronic bastards are screaming allover the place only on the internet I guess . grin

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by mmsen: 12:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
IGBOSON1:
This is indefensible!

Any state incapable of paying its workers for a good 5 months needs to be swallowed up by a more prosperous neighbour! The bloody fake type of federalism we practice in this country is part of the problem....creating states will-nilly just to grab more resources from the center and have more numbers in the national assembly!

In an ideal situation, you could have a geo-political zone/region with say 3 states and another with 5; it should all depend on their viability! But trust Naija.....we always find a way to fuc/k up a perfectly good system of gov't!

The problem is that it is not a perfectly good system of government.

But I have also argued that those states that cannot support themselves should be amalgamated into areas/states that can.

Sadly, the Nigerian obsession with the importance of petty linguistic (or religious) groups is of greater importance than progress.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by babytoun: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
CHANGE IS HERE. OSUN DEFENDER IS DEFENCELESS

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by CyberWolf: 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
shocked shocked...So na true shocked....How are they gonna survive? Osun people pls vote GEJ and get your salaries....That ediot of a governor is very wicked and heartless sad

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Francis5: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
I thought some Yoba MOFOs claim Osun is one helluva rich state?

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
Imo is near bankrupt

Rivers which has no excuse going broke is on the edge.

Fayemi bankrupted Ekiti

Oshiomole has put Edo in serious debt with nothing on ground to show for it.

Oyo and Ogun are also heavily indebted and living from hand to mouth.

Lagos despite the huge revenue is the State with the highest debt portfolio.

Change Change Change!

Another thing to consider, is that all APC controlled SW states refused to ascend to the minimum wage and are yet to comply to the PENCOM act. Pensioners are owed months if not years.

These are your progressives.

115 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by HzRF(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
ephemm:
Ogbeni you can't continue to remain unpopular!
Take the hard decision once and leave with the consequences, future generations will appreciate you for it.
Osun State workforce needs pruning.
With huge farmlands, they can't afford to lazy about in government offices. Invest in Agriculture; CBN has since OBJ days, has set aside loans to boost Agricultural development.
The truth is better, but someone has to take the bull by the horn.

The embarrassment the non payment is causing is even more.
Do it NOW, if because of this Osun people will not vote for APC, let the give their vote to the clueless GEJ, but their children and grandchildren will praise you in future.

Mo so temi to.
U arre stupid
So we should nw farm without food in our stomach
In case u knw a lot parents can't perform dia responsibility
Trash

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Truckpusher(m): 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
GBTYO:
Imo is near bankrupt

Rivers which has no excuse going broke is on the edge.

Fayemi bankrupted Ekiti

Oshiomole has put Edo in serious debt with nothing on ground to show for it.

Oyo and Ogun are also heavily indebted and living from hand to mouth.

Lagos despite the huge revenue is the State with the highest debt portfolio.

Change Change Change!

Another thing to consider, is that all APC controlled SW states refused to ascend to the minimum wage and are yet to comply to the PENCOM act. Pensioners are owed months if not years.

These are your progressives.
Little wonder these schizophrenic broom carrying demons wants POWER at all costs to riggle themselves out from the financial mess they've landed the imbeciilic Amaechi and his co travellers .

Here is the truth ; no single drop of oil from the Niger Delta would be sold to run these freeloading states whether Jonathan wins or not - We must agitate for true federalism at all cost.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by HzRF(m): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
Wen I voted against this mofo
My friends said but u like him
I told dem d man will empty d state
All d project in d state is shared in Lagos
He crippled LGs
Nw d state is bankrupt
Pem sec nw soak garri

37 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO / Alhassan Ado Doguwa Gets 7th Term Ticket / SARS Officer Smoking In Port-Harcourt During Election While On Duty. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.