Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala (22429 Views)

$2billion Arms Deal; "Dasuki Has Refused To Say What He Did With The Money" / Buhari To Travel To China For $2Billion Loan - Daily Trust / EFCC Arrests Bashir Yuguda And Others Over $2billion Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 29, 2015
Image123:

Goodluck Jonathan has been in the corridors of power as far back as 2003. That is 12years now, about 22% of Nigeria's independent history. How long more

Ur still supporting my point, Nigeria have been bad for decades now. It has no connection wit gej.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 29, 2015
angelsing:
This is Classic!...Never knew America has Oil oo....Hahahahahah...Guy kwantinue..No point arguing with u again oo...lol

I see classic self deception. I see a man that tied blindfold on his eye. AMERICA IS THE 3RD LARGEST PRODUCER OF CRUDE OIL, BEHIND RUSSIA AND SAUDI.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by 360degree(m): 2:03am On Mar 29, 2015
We may not need to borrow this money any longer as GMB is right coming in. APC- Change.
Click LIKE in Support and SHARE Against
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by angelsing(m): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2015
chuna1985:

I see classic self deception. I see a man that tied blindfold on his eye. AMERICA IS THE 3RD LARGEST PRODUCER OF CRUDE OIL, BEHIND RUSSIA AND SAUDI.
Is not a case of classic deceit, it is ignorance on my part...Never knew they produce oil too due to the fact they import crude oil..Thanks I just google it now..They are actually at No.1 presently when u include natural gas....Though I still stand on my point that we shudn't have to borrow to finance our budget considering fews yrs ago how much we made from excess sales of crude oil...Thanks once again for the enlightenment
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:03am On Mar 29, 2015
Acekidc4:
Borrow Again

When Mr Cluelessness don use Nigeria Money do Campaign finish, why dem no go dey Borrow borrow About!!
Campaign no fit chop that money.na maga be am as him allow opc,obanikoro,obasetc to scam the the incompetent fool
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Image123(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Ur still supporting my point, Nigeria have been bad for decades now. It has no connection wit gej.

Of course, how can it have any connection?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
angelsing:
Is not a case of classic deceit, it is ignorance on my part...Never knew they produce oil too due to the fact they import crude oil..Thanks I just google it now..They are actually at No.1 presently when u include natural gas....Though I still stand on my point that we shudn't have to borrow to finance our budget considering fews yrs ago how much we made from excess sales of crude oil...Thanks once again for the enlightenment

Do u save money wen ur hungry ? Do u save money wen ur landlord chases u out of his house ? Nope , u don't. its better u allow such cash to be in circulation. Its an aspect of economics that is so simple but most don't understand it. Nigeria has a lot of money in circulation , even lots of shoemakers drives second hand cars
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Image123(m): 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
chuna1985:

Do u save money wen ur hungry ? Do u save money wen ur landlord chases u out of his house ? Nope , u don't. its better u allow such cash to be in circulation. Its an aspect of economics that is so simple but most don't understand it. Nigeria has a lot of money in circulation , even lots of shoemakers drives second hand cars

But the money wasn't used to feed the hungry or pay rent. Previous governments saved for the rainy day, the present government has no excuse.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
Image123:

But the money wasn't used to feed the hungry or pay rent. Previous governments saved for the rainy day, the present government has no excuse.

THERE ARE NO HUNGRY PEOPLE IN Nigeria, we don't suffer from hunger and starvation.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
Image123:

Goodluck Jonathan has been in the corridors of power as far back as 2003. That is 12years now, about 22% of Nigeria's independent history. How long more

GEJ was a deputy governor from 1999 n became governor in 2005. fact still remains that s mess we are in 2day is an old mess, it was not caused by gej.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Image123(m): 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
chuna1985:

GEJ was a deputy governor from 1999 n became governor in 2005. fact still remains that s mess we are in 2day is an old mess, it was not caused by gej.

Of course sir. Who caused the mess? What period should we count from and to what period?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 10, 2015
Image123:

Of course sir. Who caused the mess? What period should we count from and to what period?

D Nigerian leaders that ignored development n expansion into other industries for over 3 decades now are to blame.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Image123(m): 9:43am On Apr 10, 2015
chuna1985:

D Nigerian leaders that ignored development n expansion into other industries for over 3 decades now are to blame.

Who are those Nigerian leaders please? Is President Jonathan part of them, i am sure he's not been a Ghanaian leader for the past 16years.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
Image123:

Who are those Nigerian leaders please? Is President Jonathan part of them, i am sure he's not been a Ghanaian leader for the past 16years.

GEJ came to power as president in may 2010. The problem was caused by decades of negligence by past leaders
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by tit(f): 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
angelsing:

the US is the largest producer of oil and gas
And the greatest debtor country in the world!

this means having oil does not automatically make a country rich!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Image123(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
chuna1985:

GEJ came to power as president in may 2010. The problem was caused by decades of negligence by past leaders

Okay, so President Jonathan has being developing and expanding into other industries since 2010 right? That's 6 years out of 3decades. Where is the development and expansion? Are we not forgetting quickly that he's been leader in capacity of deputy governor, governor, vice president and acting president? Or are those not leadership positions? What has he done to help?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
Image123:

Okay, so President Jonathan has being developing and expanding into other industries since 2010 right? That's 6 years out of 3decades. Where is the development and expansion? Are we not forgetting quickly that he's been leader in capacity of deputy governor, governor, vice president and acting president? Or are those not leadership positions? What has he done to help?

Now 2010 to 2015 is now 6 years to u...are u sure ur not like buhari education wise

GEJ invested heavily in education(over 10 federal universities, the previous leader built only ota farm),

He invested in transportation (reactivation of over 3 railway routes connecting Nigeria regions with another 3 under both construction n rehabilitation) ,

He also invested in the oil sector, Rehabilitated Enugu(biggest depot in Nigeria), Aba and Makurdi (Enugu n Makurdi r 99% complete, final testing is ongoing as we speak) NNPC depot and all 3 were abandoned since 2004 due to vandals. Pipes fully connected as I type.

He also invested heavily in agriculture, we all saw d impact ourselves, very soft loans 6% interest, grants of up to 800k for young farmers n we all kno how fertilizer fraud was fully tackled.

This is a few I can remember for now, lest I forget, he returned Nigeria as the world largest producer of cassava.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Image123(m): 11:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
chuna1985:

Now 2010 to 2015 is now 6 years to u...are u sure ur not like buhari education wise

GEJ invested heavily in education(over 10 federal universities, the previous leader built only ota farm),

He invested in transportation (reactivation of over 3 railway routes connecting Nigeria regions with another 3 under both construction n rehabilitation) ,

He also invested in the oil sector, Rehabilitated Enugu(biggest depot in Nigeria), Aba and Makurdi (Enugu n Makurdi r 99% complete, final testing is ongoing as we speak) NNPC depot and all 3 were abandoned since 2004 due to vandals. Pipes fully connected as I type.

He also invested heavily in agriculture, we all saw d impact ourselves, very soft loans 6% interest, grants of up to 800k for young farmers n we all kno how fertilizer fraud was fully tackled.

This is a few I can remember for now, lest I forget, he returned Nigeria as the world largest producer of cassava.

In other words, you are asking us to conveniently forget quickly that he's been leader in capacity of deputy governor, governor, vice president and acting president? Or are those not leadership positions? What has he done to help?
BTW, President Jonathan was vice president from May 2007 to early 2010(february i think). i'm sure you know he was also acting president around that period before been sworn in as President. Again, he has been a part of the administration for the past 16years. He was governor and deputy governor in Bayelsa state, one of the states that collects the highest allocation? Have you ever been to Bayelsa? Pray tell us how Jonathan has been exceptional in his reign there. 2010 to 2015 is MORE THAN 5years, stop arguing non-essentials. President Jonathan is a major part of the rot in the so called past 3 decades. Jonathan, Obasanjo and IBB take the greater share in the governance for the past 3-4 decades, he is not faultless.
You talked about President Jonathan developing and expanding by investing heavily in education(over 10 federal universities), Those so called federal universities remain a shame to standard higher institutions. They cannot even compete with old federal universities built over 30years ago or even some private universities in Nigeria, not to mention foreign universities. Not one world class university, airport, hospital etc despite HEAVY investment. Go and see what heavy investment achieves in other countries. The military that you lay sole blame at their feet built some of our best federal universities. Of the 40 or so Federal Universities, the 3 decades ago military built more than 15, so you have nothing to say about Jonathan investing in education. How many serious students would rather go to these new universities instead of the older ones if not for condition? Bayero University,Kano, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. University of Calabar, University of Ilorin, University of Maiduguri, University of Uyo, all built during military regime.

You also mention that he invested in transportation, referring to some 3 railway routes. That is an EPIC fail for me considering input and output, and the factor of time. Time in the sense that this is 2015 not 1960 and taking him forever to do just that is not an achievement. Not forgetting the fact that all that nonsense is done with borrowed money that some other generation are supposed to sort out despite all the money his administration had from crude oil etc and the severe depleting of our reserves during his administration. What a mystery then that his so called heavy investment in transportation is from borrowed money. Sorry, i am not impressed if that is all he can say for himself in transportation.

You mentioned him investing in oil sector, your earlier argument was about others failing to develop and expand OTHER industries so i don't see why you are coming back to oil. Not to bore you on oil, we are not impressed. He has not built us refineries or made others to build them. The PIB is still there, the NNPC scandals are there etc.

Lastly, you mentioned him investing heavily in agriculture. Well, what administration or regime doesn't "invest heavily" in agriculture? They all claim to. But what we see is that last week, we are still hearing that Nigeria plans to import about 3million tonnes of rice. Of course, all the ones illegally imported are not calculated oh. Price of garri has not reduced or price of bread. Where exactly is the impact of this so called heavy investments?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 13, 2015
Image123:

In other words, you are asking us to conveniently forget quickly that he's been leader in capacity of deputy governor, governor, vice president and acting president? Or are those not leadership positions? What has he done to help?
BTW, President Jonathan was vice president from May 2007 to early 2010(february i think). i'm sure you know he was also acting president around that period before been sworn in as President. Again, he has been a part of the administration for the past 16years. He was governor and deputy governor in Bayelsa state, one of the states that collects the highest allocation? Have you ever been to Bayelsa? Pray tell us how Jonathan has been exceptional in his reign there. 2010 to 2015 is MORE THAN 5years, stop arguing non-essentials. President Jonathan is a major part of the rot in the so called past 3 decades. Jonathan, Obasanjo and IBB take the greater share in the governance for the past 3-4 decades, he is not faultless.
You talked about President Jonathan developing and expanding by investing heavily in education(over 10 federal universities), Those so called federal universities remain a shame to standard higher institutions. They cannot even compete with old federal universities built over 30years ago or even some private universities in Nigeria, not to mention foreign universities. Not one world class university, airport, hospital etc despite HEAVY investment. Go and see what heavy investment achieves in other countries. The military that you lay sole blame at their feet built some of our best federal universities. Of the 40 or so Federal Universities, the 3 decades ago military built more than 15, so you have nothing to say about Jonathan investing in education. How many serious students would rather go to these new universities instead of the older ones if not for condition? Bayero University,Kano, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. University of Calabar, University of Ilorin, University of Maiduguri, University of Uyo, all built during military regime.

You also mention that he invested in transportation, referring to some 3 railway routes. That is an EPIC fail for me considering input and output, and the factor of time. Time in the sense that this is 2015 not 1960 and taking him forever to do just that is not an achievement. Not forgetting the fact that all that nonsense is done with borrowed money that some other generation are supposed to sort out despite all the money his administration had from crude oil etc and the severe depleting of our reserves during his administration. What a mystery then that his so called heavy investment in transportation is from borrowed money. Sorry, i am not impressed if that is all he can say for himself in transportation.

You mentioned him investing in oil sector, your earlier argument was about others failing to develop and expand OTHER industries so i don't see why you are coming back to oil. Not to bore you on oil, we are not impressed. He has not built us refineries or made others to build them. The PIB is still there, the NNPC scandals are there etc.

Lastly, you mentioned him investing heavily in agriculture. Well, what administration or regime doesn't "invest heavily" in agriculture? They all claim to. But what we see is that last week, we are still hearing that Nigeria plans to import about 3million tonnes of rice. Of course, all the ones illegally imported are not calculated oh. Price of garri has not reduced or price of bread. Where exactly is the impact of this so called heavy investments?

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. / Major Road Collapses In Akwa Ibom After Heavy Rainfall. Photos / Fayemi Bows Out Of Buhari's Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.