Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,500 members, 7,781,513 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:56 PM

Arsene Wenger Should Let Theo Walcott Go - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsene Wenger Should Let Theo Walcott Go (567 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Pellegrini Should Let Yaya Go If He Is Not Ready To Play / Arsene Wenger Should Let Diaby Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Should Let Theo Walcott Go by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
[b]Theo Walcott revealed he had not entered contract talks with Arsenal, he denied reports of him making contract demands from the club or a rift with the Arsenal Manager.

Theo Walcott's contract with Arsenal FC expires at the end of next season and Liverpool might make a move for him.

Wenger revealed he is expecting a long drawn affair in the contract negotiations with Theo Walcott.

"Walcott was difficult to convince (in 2013) and that is why it took us much time. Wenger said.

"We have started very early with him, but it was slow progress - he is very quick on the pitch, but off the pitch not always."

Wenger continued: "I always wanted to keep him and I still want to keep him now.

"I want him to stay and be a regular player and fight for his place, but no matter where you go if it is a big club you have to compete for your place.

"We went to Manchester United on Monday night - look at what they had on the bench, look at what was sitting on the bench at Chelsea versus Paris St Germain on Wednesday night, that is part of the job."

On Thursday, Walcott clarified that all is well with him and Arsene Wenger. He denied reports of a bust up with Wenger.

He tweeted: "I don't normally comment on false stories about myself but reports about contract demands & bust-ups with the boss are complete nonsense.

"There have been no contract talks as yet and my current focus is not on contracts but on doing my best for Arsenal FC."

There is no hint of Theo Walcott eagerness to sign a contract with his club. Theo Walcott's contract is running out but he says he is not focused on contract talks. No club should beg a player to stay. If Theo Walcott wants to leave, Arsene should let him go next season at whatever value he can get.

There are young promising players who can offer more to Arsenal on the pitch. Players, who are ready to fight for their place in the team.

A big club will always have players fighting for their places in the squad. If Theo Walcott is not ready to fight for his place in his team, he is not worth the effort to convince him to stay.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/walcott-denies-reports-of-rift-with.html[/b]
Re: Arsene Wenger Should Let Theo Walcott Go by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
No one is above the club. No one shld hold us for ransom.
Theo shld concentrate and improve on his form.
No doubt his is good and also he is the face of Arsenal FC before the arrival of Alexis and Mesuit OZil.
If he performs credibly next season, I will encourage Arsene to up his deal with the lad.

1 Like

Re: Arsene Wenger Should Let Theo Walcott Go by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
kenonze:
No one is above the club. No one shld hold us for ransom.
Theo shld concentrate and improve on his form.
No doubt his is good and also he is the face of Arsenal FC before the arrival of Alexis and Mesuit OZil.
If he performs credibly next season, I will encourage Arsene to up his deal with the lad.

Arsene Wenger can not wait until next season to negotiate with Theo. His contract runs out at the end of next season. Keeping Theo until next season can make him leave Arsenal for free which will not be good financially.

A lengthy negotiation will mean Arsenal is begging him to stay against his will. Meanwhile, there are players itching to have their chance. I say Walcott goes.

(1) (Reply)

EPL : Liverpool Vs Sunderland On 26th November 2016 / Club Denouncement Thread. / I Want To Be The Best Real Madrid Player In History said by Cristiano Ronaldo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.