Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC (3035 Views)

How Chief-Of-Army-Staff Buratai Spent His Sallah(pics / Major General TY Buratai - Chief-of-army-staff To Buhari (photos) / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Mogidi: 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in Kaduna State, Nasir el-Rufai, has alleged that the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah, has sworn to use soldiers and the equipment of the army to manipulate the Saturday’s presidential elections in the favour of President Goodluck Jonathan.

El-Rufai, who shared a statement on his official Facebook and Twitter pages in the early hours of Thursday, said he was “deeply worried by reports that the leaders of the security sector have jettisoned every appearance of impartiality for Saturday’s presidential election.”

In the nine-paragraph statement entitled, “Open letter to all Nigerians: It’s time to stand up for Nigeria,” the former Minister of the FCT said some army generals and security chiefs had vowed to protect Jonathan from defeat.

The allegations came barely two days after Former President Olusegun Obasanjo warned against a rumoured plot by the current administration of President Goodluck Jonathan to hand over to the military.

The former Minister of the FCT said the army was acting like the armed wing of the Peoples Democratic Party.

He warned that rigging the presidential election would wreck the economy and lead to anarchy and instability.

He said, “Chatter in informed circles has it that General Kenneth Minimah has sworn to use the soldiers and equipment of the army to promote President Jonathan’s cause. That is both improper and illegal.

“Minimah is certainly not alone in abandoning the sanctity of his oath. A slew of generals and security chiefs have clearly narrowed their duty to protecting Jonathan from defeat. Military commanders and police officers are sounding not merely like PDP partisans. They are acting like operatives of the armed wing of the PDP.

“They have paid little attention to the likely consequences of their actions. Interfering with the election, both in terms of process and the integrity of the result, is a sure recipe for disaster. That is a step that will certainly set the country on fire, and not just in ways we can all foresee.”

El-Rufai said Minimah was trying to be grateful to President Jonathan for appointing him as the Chief of Army Staff “ahead of 14 of his seniors.”

According to the APC candidate, the constitutional power bestowed on President Jonathan to nominate or appoint senior officials does not oblige the appointee to behave like a lapdog or be incapable of functioning with integrity, professional dignity and respect for the law.

He said the conduct and utterances of the PDP leadership does not inspire confidence that they are committed to a credible election.

El-Rufai called on all military and security officers to stand up for the rule of law and the peace and unity of Nigeria by resisting all illegal orders to tamper with the election results.

The statement read, “President Goodluck Jonathan’s PDP government has no respect for the professionalism, dignity and integrity of the people in our military and security services. To anchor rigging plans on using the personnel and material assets of these services amounts to using the institutions that should protect and secure the country as wreckers.

“The lack of accountability for the Ekiti rigging fiasco, the absence of the redemptive possibility of remorse and the unwillingness to fully investigate and prosecute the key actors fill us with dread. When such baleful conduct goes unpunished, it can only mean that it is the default modus operandi of the perpetrators. And that is not the sort of behaviour that can produce a free, fair and credible election.

“This country has suffered enough. The people of this country stood up for the constitution to make Jonathan acting president against the machinations of the Yar’Adua cabal. Jonathan went ahead to fritter the good will, and he set a new marker for incompetence and for not giving a damn. The Constitution should not be subverted to illegally prolong the stay of a poor performer who only made it that far because the Constitution was upheld.

“Nigerians have realised that Jonathan simply does not care. He is not bothered about the welfare and security of Nigerians. All he is obsessed about is avoiding defeat. And he does not care if the country is sacrificed for him. Enough is enough.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/minimah-plots-rigging-election-for-jonathan-el-rufai

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Mogidi: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
Someone is scared of the result of this election.

They're no longer saying GEJ will postpone the election or that PDP will refuse the use of card readers.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Ezenwa11(m): 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
Next please!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by tp10: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
oga jonny, waka softly

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by temitemi1(m): 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by tp10: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
Mogidi:

They're no longer saying GEJ will postpone the election or that PDP will refuse the use of card readers.

ask fani kayode, your spokesperson, he is already announcing that GMB will win.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by ascaris(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
Accepting defeat in style. We are used to APC lies and propagandas!
From GEJ has a fake Shekau
to GEJ has written a letter ordering Jega to proceed on terminal leave
to GEJ is planning to move the elections again
to GEJ has written a letter asking EFCC to arrest APC officials ...............
Do these people have conscience? or were they born natural liars?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Mogidi: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2015

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Rilwayn001: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
Mogidi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2249495_img00000207_png4fe7f214b8c5dce73bee5d31536cd59b

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Rilwayn001: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by sammyj: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2015
Let him dear the power of the people, all of them will go the Gbagbo way !!!

SAI Baba !!!
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Mogidi: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
The change won't happen, the transformation is unstoppable.

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by funstufz: 1:48pm On Mar 26, 2015
This election will go a long way in the history of Nigeria... "like a pendulum, its unpredictable, can swing on any side even at the last moment"
Give Peace a chance

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by walemoney007(m): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
Mogidi:

i hope gej knows dat d Nigerian military is not just made up of pple from d south south and south east alone
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Mogidi: 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
walemoney007:
i hope gej knows dat d Nigerian military is not just made up of pple from d south south and south east alone

You seem convinced already even without any proof.
If you're planning to be stupid this weekend please remember you have the army, the dss and the police to contend with.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by HzRF(m): 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
Apceee
Lie never tire una

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by lanicky(f): 2:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
They're afraid already.

CSLcheesy

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Slynonny(m): 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
Shortman devil cry me lagoon.
My guy abeg help me call that Mallam that is passing by.
Mallam Buhari someone is calling you.
Mallam Buhari shey u get am for polish ba?
Yoo wah i get am flenti flenti.
Oya polish my shoes am late for work.
Oga kawo kwudi.
I'll pay you once your done.
Kai Oga me i no understand that english fa,u pay me i polish shoe.
Mr Man are you daft or what?
Kai oga make i no call me for draft i no sabi play draft.
Illiteracy is a disease.
Pls Mallam Buhari go back to School.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by truefact: 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
walemoney007:

Just know this is not 1967
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Ashleyma77(m): 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
very interesting.really.however in 3days time,Nigerians will voted for buhari.

click like for our incoming President.
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Jesusloveyou: 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
Mogidi:

can't u understand what u post? That gej is scared of free and fair election,that he wants to use minimah to rigg d election,but no matter what,gej is a loser and a goner,sai buhari.
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Mogidi: 3:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
can't u understand what u post? That gej is scared of free and fair election,that he wants to use minimah to rigg d election,but no matter what,gej is a loser and a goner,sai buhari.

Am yet to find anyone in the habit of talking rubbish like you, what was your nickname in school? Dustbin?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Jesusloveyou: 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
ascaris:
they plan all of that,but it fail,apc would have also foil their plan of using documentary to tarnish the image of key apc leader,pdp would have use fake shekau,use judge to stop d election,stop d use of card reader,jega would have proceed on terminal leave,use efcc to harass apc leaders etc,but we are stil waiting for how pdp wil rigg d election or handover to d army,which is their last card,but thank God,election wil hold,and a change for progress and better live must come.sai buhari.
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by clevvermind(m): 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
apc is not only clueless right now, but also senseless.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
I challenge PDP to leave the military in their barracks if they are sure of their victory.
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by baralatie(m): 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
ascaris:
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by skyra: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
sammyj:
Let him dear the power of the people, all of them will go the Gbagbo way !!!

SAI Baba !!!
Which way will he go when he wins? The way all of you in the apc are sounding is that the only outcome acceptable to you is the one in which mb wins; so I ask again, what happens when gej wins?
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by skyra: 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
I challenge PDP to leave the military in their barracks if they are sure of their victory.
So the apc can use their hired goons to rig? I don't trust the apc, they are too violent for my liking so I will do the needful, come saturday, I will go in and vote gej and come out saying sai buhari while I wend my way away from the polling booth
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by sammyj: 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
....... grin grin
skyra:
Which way will he go when he wins? The way all of you in the apc are sounding is that the only outcome acceptable to you is the one in which mb wins; so I ask again, what happens when gej wins?
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by qualityovenbake(m): 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
Elections is less than two days away, the airwaves across the country are heating up with spicy political allegation. El-Rufai should stop this ambiguous allegation, Election will come and go, Nigeria will remain.
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
APC is obviously courting and stoking the flames of fire with their inflammatory and reckless statements.

God shall destroy all those whose words and actions will cause violence!

In APC's mind, a PDP victory must have been rigged. These guys should watch their words, and stop from further heating up of the polity.

With every reckless statement, a life is at stake!
Re: GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC by walemoney007(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
Mogidi:

You seem convinced already even without any proof.
If you're planning to be stupid this weekend please remember you have the army, the dss and the police to contend with.
Jonathan must mak sure d election is free and fair.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Jimi Agbaje's Advert -"Lagos Cannot Afford A Puppet Governor" (Pics&Video) / Banning Of Importation Of Goods Totally Have An Effect Toward The Growth Of The / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [14 October, 2017].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.