Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman (72665 Views)

Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / A Day With An Mbaise Herbalist / Anything Wrong With Marrying An Osu(outcast From Some Parts Of Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by earTHMama: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2009
If you jump inside River Niger or jump from 3rd mainland bridge I think you will get enough datas supporting your dubious doubt. . . .don't forget your towel there is probability of getting wet there. . .
roflmao
Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by oziomatv(m): 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2009
KarmaMod:

Please help her. she'seven part of MASSOB sef
Don't mind her she's just changing men like Rappa.

How is your husband Karma? I had that you were doing Traditional wedding last December, how was it?

Please don't fail to invite me for the church wedding.
Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by chigbo72: 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2009
sad shocked
Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by mbanusick(m): 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
No matter what happens Igbo girls are wonderful, they are worth it.

4 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by mamagee3(f): 1:09am On Feb 23, 2010
Poster. . .
I'm from Mbaise and I won't watch you diss my hometown. angry

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by odafe: 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
Unfortunately for me, dis thread dates back to a 2007. I wish I can get more info now. Am at the virge of getting married to an Mbaise gurl. Have got the list for the trad and its not encouraging at all. Guyz!!! if love takes u to an Mbaise woman, plz make sure u av a fat bank account to followup on it. else u will be so down.
Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
Anybody from Idenmili that marries an Mbaise woman is seen as a wayward person and same applies to Owerri.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by Abagworo(m): 8:00am On Apr 11, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: Anybody from Idenmili that marries an Mbaise woman is seen as a wayward person and same applies to Owerri.

Guy grow up and stop all these stereotyping crap. Inbreeding is not good.

4 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:56am On Apr 12, 2013
Abagworo:

Guy grow up and stop all these stereotyping crap. Inbreeding is not good.

I don't know what you mean by "inbreeding" but I am telling you the situation on ground and you know this. Part of the grudge that Imolites bears for Anambra stems from this issue. And about your "inbreeding" comment...In Umuoji we have 23 villages but nobody marries from the same village they come from. Infact,Urumkpu,Umuoma and Uruanake are all villages in Umuoji but we don't intermarry that's how much our culture forbids inbreeding. Iam talking about people that numbers about 40000,yet,they don't marry because we are related by blood. And its like this for most Idenmili towns and that why there is a lot of intermarriage between Idenmili town. We intermarry a lot with Obosi,Ojoto,Ogidi,Nkpor,Eziowelle,Abatete,Onicha and the rest. Again,I don't know where you get your "inbreeding" from.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by Chimex388: 11:18am On Jul 15, 2014
Ok.. @op We have hear
did u has anyoda tin to say about imo people?..mtchwww.

A masters holder like moi dint has time 4 stack illitarate like u...
Mtchww...
*catwalk commot 4rm thread*

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by Afrobeau: 4:50pm On May 18, 2015
mbanusick:
No matter what happens Igbo girls are wonderful, they are worth it.
Igbo girls are the best either way...
Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by Afrobeau: 4:55pm On May 18, 2015
carnal:

Still many Mbaise daughters are being married to people outside of the local government area. Some argue that special interest in marrying Mbaise girls is because of their dedication to marriage and hard work, and their ability to stay in a marriage through thick and thin. Whatever be the case, indications are that those who ventured to marry from among Mbaise people more often than not have blissful testimonies of the marriage.
Big lie

@earthmama, i have been married to an mbaise lady for five years now,yes i want to agree that they are hardworking,have ability to stay in marriage (which i think is alot common with ibo girls compare to our yoruba sisters,no offense to anyone) but i disagree on the point that PEOPLE WHO VENTURED TO MARRY THEM OFTEN HAVE BLISSFUL TESTIMONIES and my reason is also that they are unnecessary stubborn and they could very wicked/mean at the least provocation.
That they are stubborn doesn't mean they are wicked, man if your wife is wicked, you wouldn't be half as proud of her as you sound here. I'm Igbo and my boyfriend always says that I'm stubborn but he wouldn't trade me for any other thing! I am not stubborn per say, I just don't do all and everything he tells me even when it makes no sense or the odds are against us succeeding but I still make him feel like he's running the show lol.
Re: The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 19, 2015
alright grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Shocked Over Zimbabwean Traditional Twerk Dance. See Reactions(Photos) / Why Did Yoruba Culture Survive In Latin America And Not Igbo Or Others / Nigeria's National Anthem In Yoruba Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.