Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,798 members, 7,798,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

How To Make Money From Academic Environments [business Idea A02] - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money From Academic Environments [business Idea A02] (833 Views)

Academic Writing- A Goldmine On Fiverr: Learn How I Made Over $3,000 In 5 Months / 5 Most Lucrative Environments To Get An Office Space In Lagos / How Cleaner Environments Can Increase Revenue In A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money From Academic Environments [business Idea A02] by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hello, today we are gonna discuss business ideas based on “Academics” Keyword.
How does one make money from the academic process and environment?
This topic has two phase.
1. Where it concerns students; how does a student make money?
2. Where it concerns every other person; how any other person can make money from Academics related activity.

1. Organize tutorials:
As students in higher institutions, you know about tutorials right? Where a more knowledgeable person in a course organizes paid lectures for other students. Yea you can do that on campus for subjects you are knowledgeable on.
Don’t limit it to faculty courses, you can extend your reach to skills and programs like cosmetology and IT skills like fiverr training, web design, forex, bulk SMS e.t.c.
In my school days, we use to have a group called Brain Temple, here we organize and teach IT courses like AutoCAD, Web design, programing e.t.c. You can do same.
You can learn these skills on udemy and then proceed to teach others.

2. Organize Seminars:
You can partner with an established firm to organize paid seminars in your school or outside the school. Students (especially final year students) would always want to know how to secure a good job fast (immediately after graduation or NYSC) so, go for it.
Others will want to learn skills that will help them supplement their income/allowance. Skills like mini-importation/Export will be needed, online business like blogging, fiverr e.t.c will be great, remember to give/sell certificates after the seminar.

3. Start a Branding/Customization Business in School:
I learnt screen printing from my roommate during my first year in school and that skill really helped me a lot.
You can start a branding / customization business even without knowledge of screen printing.
You can start customizing T-shirts and Jerseys with heat transfer, branded wall clocks, below is one I did while in school, it’s hanging in my office now, monograming, writing names on items with engraving pen e.t.c.

4. Start a Group / Club:
Instead of spamming the whole internet with referral links to some hype pyramid scam schemes, why not direct that energy to something meaningful that will leave your name in the sands of time in your campus?
The good thing is it doesn’t cost a limb to start a group or association on campus. Most campus will demand a good article of association, constitution, well spelt aims and objectives, mentors and patrons (mostly lecturers) and a little registration fee.
You can collectively generate a means of raising fund, ask for donations from members, or stipulate a registration fee.

5. Build a Social Network Website for Your School

I did this while in school and it really paid off, you can build a social media network like facebook for your school or faculty for less than N5000 (you have to be a programmer though).
Then advertise the website offline in your campus, do a little collabo with the SUG to adapt it and if you eventually grow it to like 100 engaged students on it, you should be smiling to the bank weekly.
You can do the following to earn from the site.

1. Advertise through adsense e.t.c
2. Put a paywall for VIP membership that grant extra privileges.
3. Sell info materials
4. Sell past questions and other course materials through the portal.
5. Improvise.
If you like what you read, I just want you to encourage me by leaving a comment.

Thanks and have a blast.

Source: http://cradleofwealth.com/forum/business-ideas/how-to-make-money-from-academic-environments-(business-idea-a02)

View previous business Ideas: http://cradleofwealth.com/forum/business-ideas/

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money From Academic Environments [business Idea A02] by Vstuffs(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
Cool ideas
Re: How To Make Money From Academic Environments [business Idea A02] by Buqqui: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
Educative and inspiring write-up.
Re: How To Make Money From Academic Environments [business Idea A02] by Unique9: 11:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
you are brain temple yourself.
Re: How To Make Money From Academic Environments [business Idea A02] by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 27, 2015
Vstuffs:
Cool ideas

Thanks, glad you like them, am gonna write more today, stay tuned
Re: How To Make Money From Academic Environments [business Idea A02] by Nobody: 3:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Buqqui:
Educative and inspiring write-up.

Thanks, More on the way
Re: How To Make Money From Academic Environments [business Idea A02] by Nobody: 3:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Unique9:
you are brain temple yourself.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

This Is All What You Need For A Nigerian Payment Gateway / Make Money N50,000 every month From Home (no Experience Or Education Required) / Pensions, Pencom, And The Pension Reform Act 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.