Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote (31723 Views)

SUV Hits Several People At Lekki Phase 1 / Dangote Truck Rams Into Moore Filling Station, Ekiti State (Photos) / Commercial Bus Razed Inside NNPC Filling Station In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
kwencypresh:

yes oo

n God bless u too
amen
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
samuelmath50:

Sorry to say don't u have eyes can't u see the fire service u not a good citizin

Sorry to say... U are so fullish that u refuse to see the time of posting.... EdiotEdiot angry
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
kwencypresh:

bros i nor fit kill myself na

Chineke....see DSL cheesy
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by kwencypresh(f): 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
CityNG:

Chineke....see DSL cheesy

bro nor b lie na
i jst tank God say my head dey alive
n my company don promise to assist me
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
cogbuagu:
The fire incident involved 2 tankers waiting to be off loaded one filled with fuel the other with diesel. as of 4pm the one of diesel is burning. the cause of the fire is till unknown. By 4:50 the fire service put all fire off.

So many cars burnt no known life lost yet.

Fire Service didn't put the fire out.

The fire simply took all the fuel out.

You can't put this kind of fire out. You can only try to control the damage. But it will burn till all the fuel has been used up.
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
kwencypresh:

bro nor b lie na
i jst tank God say my head dey alive
n my company don promise to assist me

Oh I don't care if it's a lie or not, I'm actually responding to your beautiful profile pic.
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ganoderma:

Fire Service didn't put the fire out.

The fire simply took all the fuel out.

You can't put this kind of fire out. You can only try to control the damage. But it will burn till all the fuel has been used up.

Maybe in backasswards Nigeria.

Even oil well fires are routinely put out.

Water won't put it out as quickly as a fire agent that removes oxygen from the fire. Water is used to cool the tanks and wet the dry areas around the fire.

The actual fire quenching agent is a specific chemical.

2 Likes

Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Neplusultra(f): 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
Everytime Lekki angry
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by kwencypresh(f): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
CityNG:

Oh I don't care if it's a lie or not, I'm actually responding to your beautiful profile pic.

Hmmmmmm
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
CityNG:

Maybe in backasswards Nigeria.

Even oil well fires are routinely put out.

Water won't put it out as quickly as a fire agent that removes oxygen from the fire. Water is used to cool the tanks and wet the dry areas around the fire.

The actual fire quenching agent is a specific chemical.

You have no idea do you.

Where on Earth have you seen an oil fire being put out.

Except you are high on weed or whatever krazy shiit it is you smoke, you wouldn't want to be in proximity with a full blown, wild oil fire. You'll be dead from the heat in a matter of minutes.
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ganoderma:

1) You have no idea do you.

2) Where on Earth have you seen an oil fire being put out.

3) Except you are high on weed or whatever krazy shiit it is you smoke,

4) you wouldn't want to be in proximity with a full blown, wild oil fire.

5 You'll be dead from the heat in a matter of minutes.

1) I have more idea than you think. But I know where you're coming from. It's that silly Nigerian village boy mentality that's making you utter nonsensical ramblings.

2) Do you remember Iraqi war in which Hussein torched a lot of Kuwaiti oil wells?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_well_fire

"Oil well fires are more difficult to extinguish than regular fires due to the enormous fuel supply for the fire. In fighting a fire at a wellhead, typically high explosives, such as dynamite, are used to create a shockwave that pushes the burning fuel and local atmospheric oxygen away from the well. (This is a similar principle to blowing out a candle.) The flame is removed and the fuel can continue to spill out without catching on fire."

And they routinely put out oil well fires here in the USA. Being a local yokel I understand why you;r limited in your black brain.

3) I don't smoke, sorry. Apologies on behalf of folks who are smoking due to medical reasons. His type is the missing link in the human evolution.

4) You're right I wouldn't want to be near an oil well fire. I am not trained to do that. Those that are trained however do go there to do there job. You're a typical balless Nigerian troglodyte.

5) And so will you. Your chared remains will need to be identified through dental records grin
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by laudate: 3:29am On Mar 27, 2015
hayatou27:
Why on earth will filling station located in such a jam packed residential area....DPR how una approve am at first?

Abeg, help me ask them! When residents in that area were protesting against the siting of a petrol station in that vicinity, other people were accusing them of bad belle.

See what has now happened. May God save us all!

THE NATION NEWSPAPERS - May 13th 2014:

RESIDENTS SUE ASCON OVER FILLING STATION

Posted by: Precious Igbonwelundu in Law May 13, 2014

•‘It’s abuse of court process’

Residents of Lekki Phase One have gone to a Lagos High Court, to stop ASCON Oil Company Limited from building a petrol station in the area.
They are praying for an interlocutory injunction against the firm.

In a motion brought before Justice Kazeem Alogba, the claimants, Rasheed Williams, Kayode Aderinokun, Alhaji Useni, Malachy Ezeoke, Mrs. Ogunmokun and Olujide Kuti, are praying the court to mandate ASCON to stop work on Block 36, Plot 10, Lekki Peninsula Scheme I in Eti-Osa Local Government Area of Lagos State, pending the determination of the substantive suit.

Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority and the Commissioner, Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development are other defendants.

In their statement of claim, the claimants through their lawyer, Osaro Eghobamien (SAN)said the petrol station will pose a great environmental danger to the residents.

They argued that, despite protests by residents, ASCON has fast-tracked work on the property based on a development permit purportedly obtained from the Ministry of Physical Planning.

“The first defendant has intensified the construction of the petrol station both day and night with a view towards completing same and commencing operation of the station in a bid to frustrate any opposition to the petrol station.

“It is the claimants’ contention that the construction and operation of the petrol station on the particular land have serious environmental impacts which cannot be adequately mitigated.

“The environmental consequences of the situation of the petrol station on the land in issue range from environmental degradation, pollution, fire outbreaks and explosions, health hazards, huge traffic congestion and increased insecurity,“ they argued.

According to them, an environmental impact assessment ought to have been carried out on the land before the development permit was granted by the authorities for the construction of the petrol station, with a comprehensive report produced to the same effect.
In its notice of preliminary objection to the claimants’ suit, ASCON said the suit was premature, adding that the court lacks the jurisdiction to hear the matter, because it is an administrative issue.

ASCON averred that the case was an abuse of court process since another suit it instituted against the claimants was pending before the same court, urging the court to strike out the matter.

“There is a strong likelihood of judicial embarrassment if the action in this suit is allowed to co-exist with the action in Suit No: M/83/13.
“In the premises, the instant action constitutes a gross abuse of judicial process which this Honourable Court lacks jurisdiction to entertain,” the firm stated.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/residents-sue-ascon-filling-station/

Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by laudate: 3:42am On Mar 27, 2015
Akposkool:
Nigeria without good territorial planning. Why do they allow people build filling stations near houses? It's wrong planning. In Europe filling stations are built far from normal settlement. Come to oghara in delta state and you will see up to 6 oil storage houses across the same streets people reside. This is absurd what if one of those ware houses caught fire. Bros the whole town will go down. Out of greed we sell our lands to companies that should be located far from our houses. God help Nigeria and I sympathize with those that have lost one or two properties in this fire.

May God help us all!! Na true word you talk! Accidents happen, when health and safety rules are not observed! People are too fond of circumventing town planning laws and regulations in this country, and they are often aided and abetted by those in government. undecided

Boss13:

Exactly. Lagos needs to come up with strict fire code. A filling station should not be in a residential estate. Look at that affected vehicles. I hope nobody was affected. Lagos cannot continue like this.

xynerise:
Plot 9 may be affected undecided

The same ASCON we were against when they were building it along Admiralty way angry

atilla:
Was passing there wanted to first see what was going on but when i saw the thick smoke had to turn back sharperly.

It looks like a diesel tank leaked because the floor on the outside of the station is black like there was diesel there then panic and someone escaping caused a spark. cause even up to a street away and across the station cars are on fire. cogbuagu s first pic even shows the same FCMB there was a robbery there some weeks ago. I feel so sad for the people living around there cause they would be traumatised.

We need to move forte and ascon out of lekki. this is a serious warning. unconfirmed but sadly there is no how there wont have been casualties. its looking bad.

I no know say you sef see am! shocked angry

When some residents were telling them that the petrol station is too close to the new Lekki-Ikoyi Toll bridge roundabout, as well as too close to residential houses in the estate, the management of the petrol station ably supported by Lagos State Ministry of Planning, claimed that a petrol station was in the master plan. shocked

Which master plan? And where is this so-called master plan? Everyone kept quiet because the original master plan drafted in 1982/1985 did NOT have a petrol station in that particular block. So who changed the master plan and when? Nobody responded. This was last year. Even DPR kept quiet. So the issue became a court case.

Other residents living on the fringes of the estate whose houses were not even close to the area, also supported ASCON in their pursuit to make money, by putting a petrol station in that vicinity, despite the fact that a petrol tanker had also gone up in flames early last year on Admiralty Way just before the A-series junction close to the Pavilion side adjacent to the lagoon.

Now we can all see the effect of the Lagos State agencies' quest to make money at the expense of residents of Phase 1.

I feel so sad for both the owners of the station and the residents, as this could have been avoided, if the voice of reason had been allowed to prevail, last year. cry cry

Lekki Phase 1 Residents Sue ASCON Oil Over Attempt to Construct Petrol Station Inside Estate

June 11 has been fixed as a court date for the hearing of a suit by some residents of Lekki Scheme 1 to stop ASCON Oil Ltd from constructing a filling station within the residential estate…

The plaintiffs are Chief Rasheed Williams, Chief Kayode Aderinokun, Alhaji Useni, Mr Malachy Ezeoke, Mrs Ogunmokun and Mr Olajide Kuti.

The plaintiffs had filed the suit through their counsel, Mr Osaro Eghobamien (SAN), challenging the construction of a filing station by ASCON at Block 36, Plot 10, Lekki Peninsula Scheme 1, Lagos.

The plaintiffs are seeking among other reliefs, an order of perpetual injunction restraining ASCON from further constructing the filling station on the land.

Justice Kazeem Alogba had on March 6 granted an interim order stopping further construction activities until the suit was determined.

In their statement of claim, the plaintiff averred that the construction and operation of the petrol station by ASCON in the estate, would pose a threat to their lives, health and property in form of pollution.

They also said they would be exposed to serious danger and threat of fire or explosion by the station. http://www.sugardaily.ng/lekki-phase-1-residents-sue-ascon-oil-over-attempt-to-construct-petrol-station-inside-estate/
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by laudate: 3:49am On Mar 27, 2015
onyenro:

Nothing like arson. they were discharging fuel in the afternoon at the Same time selling to motorists. I saw it start. The fire service responded in about 10min with a small tanker but was very effective After which the police went with their van to get a drum of chemical to douse the fire. Before leaving the scene, the inferno has gone done. well-done fire service.

The Chevron fire truck from the Chevron Head office along Lekki-Epe Expressway also responded. I saw them dashing out towards Lekki Phase 1 just as I going down the opposite direction. They sprayed some kind of chemical compound to also put down the flames.
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2015
CityNG:

1) I have more idea than you think. But I know where you're coming from. It's that silly Nigerian village boy mentality that's making you utter nonsensical ramblings.

2) Do you remember Iraqi war in which Hussein torched a lot of Kuwaiti oil wells?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_well_fire

"Oil well fires are more difficult to extinguish than regular fires due to the enormous fuel supply for the fire. In fighting a fire at a wellhead, typically high explosives, such as dynamite, are used to create a shockwave that pushes the burning fuel and local atmospheric oxygen away from the well. (This is a similar principle to blowing out a candle.) The flame is removed and the fuel can continue to spill out without catching on fire."

And they routinely put out oil well fires here in the USA. Being a local yokel I understand why you;r limited in your black brain.

3) I don't smoke, sorry. Apologies on behalf of folks who are smoking due to medical reasons. His type is the missing link in the human evolution.

4) You're right I wouldn't want to be near an oil well fire. I am not trained to do that. Those that are trained however do go there to do there job. You're a typical balless Nigerian troglodyte.

5) And so will you. Your chared remains will need to be identified through dental records grin

And he calls me a Yokel.

Can you even define the word Yokel?

I doubt it. Because if you can, then you would realize that an Oil Well fire is different from 2 Burning Tankers with two different oil products.

Imagine blowing up dynamites to.....what was it again...."candle blow" 2 tanker fires in the middle of Lekki 1.

If I am a Yokel, then you must be an Oaf

PS. I had you looking through Wiki just so you could prove a lousy point. So much for being a Yokel
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ganoderma:

And he calls me a Yokel.

Can you even define the word Yokel?

I doubt it. Because if you can, then you would realize that an Oil Well fire is different from 2 Burning Tankers with two different oil products.

Imagine blowing up dynamites to.....what was it again...."candle blow" 2 tanker fires in the middle of Lekki 1.

If I am a Yokel, then you must be an Oaf

PS. I had you looking through Wiki just so you could prove a lousy point. So much for being a Yokel

And not just a local yokel but the worst kind, an uneducated one that is totally clueless but doesn't know it.

Try to expand your minuscule brain and open it up to learning.

Also when you corner yourself in the future try to be humble and accept that you're a slowpoke.

Oponu ode wink
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
laudate:

The Chevron fire truck from the Chevron Head office along Lekki-Epe Expressway also responded. I saw them dashing out towards Lekki Phase 1 just as I going down the opposite direction. They sprayed some kind of chemical compound to also put down the flames.

Excellent.

And some twit thinks they just leave the fire to burn out,
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
CityNG:

And not just a local yokel but the worst kind, an uneducated one that is totally clueless but doesn't know it.

Try to expand your minuscule brain and open it up to learning.

Also when you corner yourself in the future try to be humble and accept that you're a slowpoke.

Oponu ode wink

Awon ebi e l'oponu

Arindin Oshi
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ganoderma:

Awon ebi e l'oponu

Arindin Oshi

Oloriburuku omo ojuorolari.

Gbogbo idile e, tebi tara loma fi oju sun ekun e lagbara alawurabi.

grin
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
CityNG:

Oloriburuku omo ojuorolari.

Gbogbo idile e, tebi tara loma fi oju sun ekun e lagbara alawurabi.

grin

Ogbeni, ewo l'epe ton se gaan na.

N'ta ma ri won si na ni yen. Waan mo ju be lo. Afi epe sha.

A ole ri Alawurabi ni idi nkan buruku!

You are even a muslim and you are calling the Almighty name for Evil.

Al-Jannah lon fi se ere yen.
Re: Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ganoderma:

Ogbeni, ewo l'epe ton se gaan na.

N'ta ma ri won si na ni yen. Waan mo ju be lo. Afi epe sha.

A ole ri Alawurabi ni idi nkan buruku!

You are even a muslim and you are calling the Almighty name for Evil.

Al-Jannah lon fi se ere yen.

Oloshi jati jati, kilode ti eru epe nba e?

Omo tio ba gbeko nile ita ni won tinko

Iya toje omo Israeli loma je gbogbo iran e, ni ola Joseph ati Izikiel grin

We can do this all day so make sure that you're good with recharge cards as I have unlimited ATT here grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos) / Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims / Arik Air Cancels All Flights Due To Prevailing Fuel Scarcity (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.