Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) (2440 Views)

This Is For GAZZUZ...... / Has Lomomike Deleted His Nairaland Account? / Plz Help Me On Transmission Issue (updated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by senator2k9(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
Good day nairalanders . Pls I seek your expert opinion. The oil in my transmission is smelling like it's burnt. The car is a 2009 toyota corolla . Pls i browsed and saw that the recommended oil is ws toyota transmission fluid . I've checked all over my vicinity and some few pple in lagos but I still can't get it. Pls where can I get this tranny oil And in case I can't get it in nigeria, which oil can i use to substitute it. Pls urgent replies is needed before my tranny gets damaged. Pls experts help me.i reside in benue
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
Most toyota and lexus starting from 2009 swear by the Toyota ATF type WS only. DON'T substitute it. Search for it, I think someone had it in stock somewhere in nairaland.
But one thing is to get it, another is to drain the previous oil and fill up with the new ATF of which the procedure is like a white elephant project.

1 Like

Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by DECOtech(m): 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
senator2k9:
Good day nairalanders . Pls I seek your expert opinion. The oil in my transmission is smelling like it's burnt. The car is a 2009 toyota corolla . Pls i browsed and saw that the recommended oil is ws toyota transmission fluid . I've checked all over my vicinity and some few pple in lagos but I still can't get it. Pls where can I get this tranny oil And in case I can't get it in nigeria, which oil can i use to substitute it. Pls urgent replies is needed before my tranny gets damaged. Pls experts help me.i reside in benue

Toyota WS atf van be substituted wit dextron 6.

I can send it to you in Benue.

Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by senator2k9(m): 10:10am On Mar 27, 2015
DECOtech:

Toyota WS atf van be substituted wit dextron 6.

I can send it to you in Benue.

ok I will call you
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by senator2k9(m): 10:14am On Mar 27, 2015
lomomike:
Most toyota and lexus starting from 2009 swear by the Toyota ATF type WS only. DON'T substitute it. Search for it, I think someone had it in stock somewhere in nairaland.
But one thing is to get it, another is to drain the previous oil and fill up with the new ATF of which the procedure is like a white elephant project.
oga lomomike. Pls i just say dis drain port underneath the gear box. Does it mean the oil can't be drained via dis medium? Pls replygearbox

Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2015
senator2k9:

Original ws is 9000 per 4liter can in lagos.
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by abatically(m): 10:30am On Mar 27, 2015
senator2k9:

Be careful when changing a burnt atf, if u don't do it right then changing it might lead to the transmission getting fried.

Flushing the burnt fluid directly and replacing with fresh fluid might lead to transmission failure. The old burnt fluids has already broken down and creates vanish deposit throughout the transmission. The fresh fluid will disolve those vanish which might lead pressure leak. The best way is to drain a few quarts of the old fluid, then top up with new fluid, drive ur car around for about an hour. Then go back, drain a few more quarts, refill, drive for another hour, drain , refill. Do that for about 3 to 4 times and u have less risk of having transmission failure.
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by senator2k9(m): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2015
abatically:

Be careful when changing a burnt atf, if u don't do it right then changing it might lead to the transmission getting fried.

Flushing the burnt fluid directly and replacing with fresh fluid might lead to transmission failure. The old burnt fluids has already broken down and creates vanish deposit throughout the transmission. The fresh fluid will resolve those vanish which might lead pressure leak. The best way is to drain a few quarts of the old fluid, then top up with new fluid, drive ur car around for about an hour. Then go back, drain a few more quarts, refill, drive for another hour, drain , refill. Do that for about 3 to 4 times and u have less risk of having transmission failure.
thanks abatically. Gazzuz how can I reach u? Do u sell it? And can someone clarify me about the means of draining this atf?
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by senator2k9(m): 11:08am On Mar 27, 2015
abatically:

Flushing the burnt fluid directly and replacing with fresh fluid might lead to transmission failure. The old burnt fluids has already broken down and creates vanish deposit throughout the transmission. The fresh fluid will resolve those vanish which might lead pressure leak. The best way is to drain a few quarts of the old fluid, then top up with new fluid, drive ur car around for about an hour. Then go back, drain a few more quarts, refill, drive for another hour, drain , refill. Do that for about 3 to 4 times and u have less risk of having transmission failure.
thanks abatically. Gazzuz how can I reach u? Do u sell it? And can someone clarify me about the means of draining this atf?
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by Kashif(m): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2015
Unfortunately, when atf is burnt, the damage is already done. You just buy time by changing the fluid. abatically offered a very useful tip - burnt atf is changed with utmost caution, and fingers crossed. DO NOT DRAIN ALL THE FLUID IN THE SUMP ONCE!

The burnt odour in the atf is attributed to worn brakes and clutches, and changing the fluid does not repair these - they have friction materials.

With time, you would need to get to the root of the cause - bad sensors, bad connectors, bad solenoids, leaking valves or plain aged friction materials!

And Yes, Toyota WS is readily available in Lagos. That plug underneath the sump is the drain plug. The rule is to use a new o-ring after each drain, but, you know na wink Good luck!
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
senator2k9:
08023251039. Its in my signature.
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
senator2k9:

since you smell the burnt to me its very simple

google a toyota dealer around you or near you go there with car details and you buy the manufacturer's oil

i assume that the car is still changing gears very well

how to flush? lets say your gear box takes 3 litres, you mind buy 6 or 9 litres and you drain the old oil and put fresh one and then drive for a day then drain again and put fresh one (based on 6 litre) on 9 litre you flush 2 times

the rest is left to you whether you pocket is deep enough to even by from manufacturer
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by sooperrescue(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2015
Where is your location? If you are in Benue, go to Oando Autocare along Kassim Ibrahim road and they will use our Pureguard synthetic transmission fluid which is compatible with WS, World Standard. If you are in Lagos, get in touch with us and let us put your car back on the road
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by Bonjovi13: 11:36am On Jun 19, 2020
abatically:

Flushing the burnt fluid directly and replacing with fresh fluid might lead to transmission failure. The old burnt fluids has already broken down and creates vanish deposit throughout the transmission. The fresh fluid will disolve those vanish which might lead pressure leak. The best way is to drain a few quarts of the old fluid, then top up with new fluid, drive ur car around for about an hour. Then go back, drain a few more quarts, refill, drive for another hour, drain , refill. Do that for about 3 to 4 times and u have less risk of having transmission failure.

No one should take this advice completely. When changing transmission oil the car must cool down completely. Nothing less than 5 to 6 hours before you drain and fill oil.
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Bonjovi13:

No one should take this advice completely. When changing transmission oil the car must cool down completely. Nothing less than 5 to 6 hours before you drain and fill oil.

why not warm the oil to operating temp ? wink

2 Likes

Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by Bonjovi13: 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=90844946]

[color=#006600]why not warm the oil to operating temp ?

Guzzuz you know more than I do on the subject being a renowned car technician.

Would you care to share why i should not just let the car be till it cools down?
Re: Urgent.....toyota Corolla 2009 Transmission Issue (sienna. Gazzuz.lomomike) by Bizzyliss(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2020
Bonjovi13:

best is overnight

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

2005 Ford Escape / ECU And Key Reprogramming / Owner Review: My Childhood Dream Has Come True - My Mercedes-benz W210 E200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.