Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? (14207 Views)

Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? / Nigerian Ghetto Names / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Hauwa1: 1:29am On Jan 26, 2009
who told you so? no it should not be locked grin
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 1:41am On Jan 26, 2009
I see KB1 is still trolling StormFront looking for more words that were spewed by those who paperbagged and gangbanged his Mama thus creating the grotesque akata mongrel we have here today.

Keep Up The Good Work!  cool If you try even harder, maybe the Igbos will finally give you the attention you so desperately seek.  wink

fatherlesswhore22, Just like you to go offtopic, what does Obama even have to do with the fact that you and your kind are pathetic? 18% and the highest with AIDS out of all the minorities. Must feel good eh?

Tell us more about how you guys invented soap in the continent known as the USA  grin

B.T.W. Im very sure I know more about Hendrix than you do so spare me. When he was alive, blacks called him a wannabe Satanist. They gave more love to the Beatles yet now you wanna lay claim? lol
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by SeanT21(f): 1:49am On Jan 26, 2009
*Hauwa*:

who told you so? no it should not be locked grin

I can see U like drama!! shocked
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Hauwa1: 3:19am On Jan 26, 2009
aren't we all? isn't that why you are here on NL instead of LL shocked or BL?
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by girl22(f): 12:34am On Jan 27, 2009
aids is a invented disease anyway. go research. so called non-curable diseases make drug companied rich.
and yes they pick groups. auch as gay men, black ect.

just like in africa. the vaccine shot rate is identical to the aids rate. and the aids rate is the most abundant where there are natural resources.

anyway i know you do not have a man so go finger yourself
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by ikeyman00(m): 1:37am On Jan 27, 2009
seant21
~~This thread should be locked~~ITS GETTING OUT OF HAND!!~~~

see fake liberia american de talk self for naija property. na kolo mentality

dnt know about u lots, have anyone notice some got complex being seen as 100% african

this thing here is usually more visible whenever there are whites,aa etc lipsrsealed

oh u yea u are nigeria but emmm born in london eyaaaaaaaaa oo,beni ooooooo
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 2:28am On Jan 27, 2009
Maybe if your mom fingered herself instead of lapping dudes for her love-vendor, you wouldnt be so frustrated for not having a father. Dont worry. Even though you're unwanted, know that Jesus loves you wink

aids is a invented disease anyway. go research. so called non-curable diseases make drug companied rich.

This girl is so pathetic  undecided
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by SeanT21(f): 4:04am On Jan 27, 2009
ikeyman00:

seant21

see fake liberia american de talk self for naija property. na kolo mentality

dnt know about u lots, have anyone notice some got complex being seen as 100% african

this thing here is ususally more visible whenever there are whites,aa etc lipsrsealed

oh u yea u are nigeria but emmm born in london eyaaaaaaaaa oo,beni ooooooo

Spaek in English and I can respond 2 U.~~I have no idea what point U are trying make.~~I am not a nigerian!!! wink
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Ndipe(m): 4:57am On Jan 27, 2009
Lock this thread, seun
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by ikeyman00(m): 11:14am On Jan 27, 2009
seant21
hmm
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by blackspade(m): 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2009
girl22:

just like in africa. the vaccine shot rate is identical to the aids rate. and the aids rate is the most abundant where there are natural resources.

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 6:45pm On Jan 27, 2009
Rofl cheesy

Really that shit looks painful
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 27, 2009
KB1 stop that nonsense. yabbing a fine chic is offlimits.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KB1(m): 12:28am On Jan 28, 2009
davidylan:

KB1 stop that nonsense. yabbing a fine chic is offlimits.

You call that fine?  cheesy Man, she's about as fine as Rasputia.  cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by spoilt(f): 1:21am On Jan 28, 2009
lock wetin?
When two grown adults want to 'yab' each other to death we shd let them. Must a moderator always jump in? Are they children?
Ehen jare, where were you guys?  grin
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 1:51am On Jan 28, 2009
Dafidi  grin

Are you minding the lame gay? Who was even referring to him in the first place but like the pathetic fatherless transvestite that he is, he had to poke his noise in my argument with SeanT which we have longed settled yet he's still running his mouth like a wounded hooker with his grotesque sasquatch face. Attention Seeking nitwit.

What dude who claims to have children fights with girls on the internet? Retarded Loser

To ba taiye wa, ki Olorun fun e ni Baba, akata mongrel.  cheesy

Berra say Amen   cool
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by girl22(f): 3:06am On Jan 28, 2009
i can't help it. it is so fun getting a rise out of her, she and ossisi make the board exciting.

khai khai is boring because all he or she does it pick at typos, mispelled words ect.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by blackspade(m): 3:50am On Jan 28, 2009
lol!!!
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by JustGood(m): 1:34pm On Jan 28, 2009
person wey dey vex fit go jump inside lake
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by JustGood(m): 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2009
So U want AA's to put down Africans on their forums.
Many People read Nairaland.This is a Nigerian forum but everyone here is not from Nigeria or Africa.~~It does not give U the right to put down African Americans just because this is a forum made by a Nigerian!!~~You should respect people no matter their ethnicity or color!!

It's actually a Nigerian forum, not a Black American forum!
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by oyinda3(f): 1:40am On Jun 09, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with their names. Of course there are some that are out of this planet (and they are always exagerrated by ppl who like to make fun of AA names) but regular ones like sheniqua or latoya etc I personally don't see anything wrong with them.
But like the title says, they are "ghetto" names. Anything that is associated with African Americans or the ghetto is almost always criticized and disparaged. It's society's way of maintaining the status quo.
even the food they eat to the clothes they wear and the music they listen to will be considered inferior. ex. chicken, kfc jokes

a name like Bobby will be considered superior to Jamal
and a name like Barbara will be considered superior to Keyanna

Nothing inherently wrong with the names otherwise. Just our perceptions.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by savanaha: 1:59am On Jun 09, 2009
I can't believe I missed this thread> I for real peed on myself laughing. This has made my week. Don't stop get it get it.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by tamme: 4:56am On Oct 09, 2009
they have no meaning
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by oyinda3(f): 5:04am On Oct 09, 2009
to you it doesn't. does "tamme" have any meaning?
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by blackspade(m): 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2009
I'd rather deal with that as opposed to Tequan, shenequa, Aquanetta, shenaynay, Tereneesha, and escaladey (yeah, they even name kids after cars now)

^ I didn't make these names up either, I knew kids at my old school who had these names. . . lipsrsealed
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by africhika(f): 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2009
ain't noting wrong with those names. it's creativity. i don't know why folks fuss about them.

and so what if they're not anglicized names
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by blackspade(m): 3:47am On Oct 10, 2009
Why are these mothers all of a sudden so creative when they have kids? When they were in school I'm sure they didn't know that many damn syllables. . . she\ne\qua\net\ta is not creative, its just stupid.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by oyinda3(f): 7:07am On Oct 10, 2009
blackspade:

Why are these mothers all of a sudden so creative when they have kids? When they were in school I'm sure they didn't know that many damn syllables. . . she\ne\qua\net\ta is not creative, its just stupid.

well, who are you to complain about how many syllables are in their names when you are nigerian and god knows how long your name is.
so everything really is subjective. some things that make sense to them doesn't make sense to us and vice versa. our names will sound primitive to them while their names will sound ghetto to us. it's all really how we have been socially conditioned to think.

for example, when i came to the US, I didn't see anything wrong with AA names. In fact, I liked some of them. but after years of conditioning and realizing the status of AA in america, my perception changed and now I will laugh with friends about how foolish sounding Latisha or Imani is when at first, I found it nicer sounding than Jane or Amy.
same with country music. I liked it until I realized it was "white people" music that I shouldn't be listening to as a black person.
so it really is all social conditioning. and what keeps racism and discrimination alive.

companies for example are more likely to pick a resume with a white sounding name than a immigrant or AA sounding one. even if all the credentials are the exact same. A study was done on this.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by agathamari(f): 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2009
"One runner was named latrina"
latrina? latrine means toliet so her name means?
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by kellorah: 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2009
There's just something so unserious about the names, and most likely the person too. LOL!
And I think some, if not all, seem like names for KIDS. So, when u name ur kids let it be something they will see themselves happy to be answering when they're older.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Leilah(f): 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2009
Yes I agree they have to be the most hideous names in existance. They are just trashy names. I have heard them all!!!!

Sure I was married to one. Those men, they can never have one child with one woman. They have so many illigit kids they are stoned out of their mad heads trying to make up new names.

God only knows what the next one will be.

There are two white girls I know and they called their kids LaKeisha and Javonte YUCK! dont know why the nigerian father allowed it.

The more of them that convert to islam the better at least the names derive from somewhere.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by africhika(f): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2009
what kind of classist banter is this! 
what is wrong with a people creating their own names?
yes, they're flamboyant. but so what!

white people come up with weird names all the time, who is talking?
gwyneth paltrow named her daughter APPLE!

quote by leilah:
« #158 on: Today at 11:18:55 AM »

Yes I agree they have to be the most hideous names in existance. They are just trashy names. I have heard them all!!!!

they're only "trashy" becuz they're claimed usu. by blacks on welfare.

quote by leilah:
Those men, they can never have one child with one woman. They have so many illigit kids they are stoned out of their mad heads trying to make up new names.

classism is the other side of racism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Resurgence Of Life . . . .the Yoruba Footprint In History And Art. / Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? / Easter Monday: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.