Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,001 members, 7,799,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections (721 Views)

President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule / Buhari’s Last Message To Nigerians Before Election Day (Full Text) / We’ll Catch Shekau Before Elections — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by Soskid(m): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
Full Text: Buhari’s Last Message To Nigerians Before Election Day
Channels Television. 
Updated March 26, 2015
The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, General Muhammadu Buhari, in his last message to Nigerians before the elections on Saturday, has called on them to give him the chance to lead the mission to re-build the country.

“Give me the chance to lead you in rebuilding a Nigeria that all of us can be proud of once again”, he said in a statement made available to Channels Television.

Buhari, who faulted the current administration on several accounts including corruption, poverty and insecurity, noted that “At no other time in our history is Nigeria in such an urgent need of strong and competent leadership. Sadly, at no other time is this leadership so sorely absent in our country”.

According to him, “No matter how much resources we have, if not properly utilized, it would only create a few billionaires and leave majority of our people in poverty. Under the current administration, corruption has enjoyed unprecedented prosperity and this has been at the heart of most of our government failings, including insecurity, broken infrastructure and growing inequality in our country”.

The former Head of State, in his message titled “Time For Nigeria To Be Great Once Again”, urged citizens to realise that they were united in their fears and struggles for a secure nation and better economy.

“Invariably, our fears are the same; our dreams are the same; and our problems are the same. Regardless of the language we speak, or the way we understand and worship God, what affects anyone of us, affects everyone of us.”

The full text of Buhari’s message here:

Time For Nigeria To Be Great Once Again

I want to take this last opportunity, before we go to the polls on Saturday March 28 and April 11 respectively, to thank everyone who has supported our campaigns. I am humbled and grateful to have had the opportunity to meet so many of my fellow Nigerians who have helped to carry the message of change across our great country.

This is the fourth time that I would be standing for election as the President of Nigeria. All these years, I have been driven by a keen awareness of the potential greatness of our country and the desire to provide the true leadership that will unleash this huge potential.

I believe that a stable and prosperous Nigeria is not only important to Nigerians. It is also important to Africa and the rest of the world. The evidence of this is the unprecedented attention that our country will receive this weekend. On Saturday, the whole world would wait with baited breath for the greatest black nation on earth to take charge of its destiny. We must therefore not miss the significance of this moment. We must not let ourselves and our country down.

At no other time in our history is Nigeria in such an urgent need of strong and competent leadership. Sadly, at no other time is this leadership so sorely absent in our country. We live in a time of great opportunities and great peril. It is only a leader that understands these in equal measure that can find the rightful place for Nigeria among the great Nations of the world.

I have travelled extensively around Nigeria in the last three months. In the course of my travels, I encountered directly, what I have always believed: that a Hausa man’s desire for security is not different from the Ijaw woman’s desire to feel secured in any part of our country.

An Igbo woman’s desire for her children to get quality education and find employment is not different from the Yoruba man’s dream for his children to become a useful member of our society. A wife’s desperate need for affordable and quality healthcare for her husband diagnosed with prostate cancer in Enugu is not different from a husband’s desire to save the life of his wife diagnosed with ovarian cancer in Lagos.

Invariably, our fears are the same; our dreams are the same; and our problems are the same. Regardless of the language we speak, or the way we understand and worship God, what affects anyone of us, affects everyone of us.

Our economy is celebrated as the largest in Africa, yet our country is home to the continent’s highest number of people living in extreme poverty. Our youth population is larger than the combined population of many of our neighbours, yet our failure to plan and create opportunities for them is turning them to a social time bomb rather than economic catalysts.

A band of ragtag terrorist group has threatened our territorial integrity, killed thousands of Nigerians, displaced our people and abducted our children. The almost 60, 000 Nigerians who have become refugees in neighbouring countries represent a budding threat to sub-regional stability.

However, even in the face of these daunting challenges, I see a great opportunity for change. We have to start by rebuilding the trust and confidence of Nigerians in their government. No citizen will respect a government under whose watch more than 200 girls were abducted.

This singular act can only portray the government as insensitive, incompetent or both. When I become president, reuniting these children with their families will, without doubts, be a top priority. Rebuilding the army and other security agencies will also be a top priority of my government. I will ensure that never again will terrorists find a safe haven in Nigeria.

Recent fall in international price of crude leaves us badly exposed and vulnerable. Dwindling oil revenue also means that we are going to face serious financial challenges in the months ahead. However, even as daunting as this appears, it also provides us with great opportunity to diversify our economy and finally give meaning to the widely held belief that our prosperity as a nation would not continue to depend on the resources buried under our feet, but on the productive capacity of our people.

No matter how much resources we have, if not properly utilized, it would only create a few billionaires and leave majority of our people in poverty. Under the current administration, corruption has enjoyed unprecedented prosperity and this has been at the heart of most of our government failings, including insecurity, broken infrastructure and growing inequality in our country.

My government will have a zero tolerance for corruption. I will set a personal example and run a government that truly serves the people rather than serve themselves and a privileged few. Like I have repeatedly maintained that if Nigeria does not kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria.

We must not allow Nigeria to die. Therefore, we must do all that is necessary to root out this evil that has reduced our great country to a laughing stock of the world. We must begin to rebuild the social fabrics of our society and teach a different experience to our youth in the values of hard work, discipline, integrity and service.

The change that I seek therefore; is a change from the current regime of mindless of corruption and profligacy; a change from fear and insecurity to peace and stability; a change from religious and ethnic divisiveness to unity, equity and justice. This is the change that my party stands for. This is the change that I am committed to bringing about as President. Give me the chance to lead you in rebuilding a Nigeria that all of us can be proud of once again.

As we come out to vote on Saturday, I appeal to all Nigerians to shun violence in whatever form. It is the right of every adult Nigerian to vote and expect that their votes would count in a free, fair and credible election. However, we also have a responsibility to respect the choice of others and grant them the same treatment that we expect.

I also want to call on all our men and women in uniform, the Judiciary, and all others who have constitutional responsibility to safeguard our democracy, to remember that their responsibility is primarily to Nigerians and the survival of Nigeria. They must therefore not allow anyone to use them to subvert the will of the Nigerian people. I believe that their dreams and aspirations are not different from those of other Nigerians.

I have no doubt that with God being on our side; together we can make our country great once again.

Gen. Muhammadu BUHARI, GCFR

www.channelstv.com/2015/03/26/full-text-buharis-last-message-to-nigerians-before-election-day/
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by siraj1402(m): 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
Baba oyoyo.
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by Flets: 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
He said he will stabilize crude oil prices
He said he will equalize $1 to 1naira
He said APC is all progressive confidence
He said INEC is Independent Nigerian electoral commission
He said Muslims should vote only muslims
He avoided a national debate for a role he desires
He refused to provide his certificate
He promised to soak dog and baboons in blood
He is committed to the spread of sharia in a secular state like Nigeria
He said an attack on bokoharam is an attack on the north

Nobody in his right senses will wish this kind of human preside over him
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by klodike(m): 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
Lamentations of BUHARI!!!
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by Disclaimer: 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
A parting message from politics. Bai Buhari. grin
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by Soskid(m): 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
Flets:
He said he will stabilize crude oil prices
He said he will equalize $1 to 1naira
He said APC is all progressive confidence
He said INEC is Independent Nigerian electoral commission
He said Muslims should vote only muslims
He avoided a national debate for a role he desires
He refused to provide his certificate
He promised to soak dog and baboons in blood
He is committed to the spread of sharia in a secular state like Nigeria
He said an attack on bokoharam is an attack on the north

Nobody in his right senses will wish this kind of human preside over him

He said stealing is not corruption

He said he undermined a terrorist group

He said he doesn't give a damn when he was asked to declare his asset

He said 16 is greater than 14

He said he cannot fight terrorism until it fizzles out

Where is our missing 20 billion dollars

Where are the chibok girls?

He said members of Boko haram are in his government but he has not tried any.

We cannot continue to trust this nuisance. We desire change. Change we will surely get.

Sai the People's general.
Sai Muhammadu Ilufemiloye Ikechukwu Buhari.
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by Trailblazer1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
Buhari shall fail again
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by olaboy001(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
GMB, if truly our vote counts then am giving you my vote for F.O.C
GoodBye Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Vote APC!!!
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by Trailblazer1(m): 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Soskid:

He said stealing is not corruption

He said he undermined a terrorist group

He said he doesn't give a damn when he was asked to declare his asset

He said 16 is greater than 14

He said he cannot fight terrorism until it fizzles out

Where is our missing 20 billion dollars

Where are the chibok girls?

He said members of Boko haram are in his government but he has not tried any.

We cannot continue to trust this nuisance. We desire change. Change we will surely get.

Sai the People's general.
Sai Muhammadu Ilufemiloye Ikechukwu Buhari.
Buhari shall cry again
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by Brightology2(m): 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
K
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by festusfeezy(m): 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
As we come out to vote on Saturday, I appeal to all Nigerians to shun violence in whatever form. It is the right of every adult Nigerian to vote and expect that their votes would count in a free, fair and credible election. However, we also have a responsibility to respect the choice of others and grant them the same treatment that we expect

Nice speech.

Vote for a credible nigerian
Vote for a credible leader, be it a christian or muslem.....one nigeria
God bless nigeria
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by gnykelly(m): 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
sai buhari. presidential like speech.
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by Soskid(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Buhari shall cry again

Yes na, tears of JOY cum Victory.

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Before Elections by Soskid(m): 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Buhari shall cry again

Sure he will cry but tears of joy!!!

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Now That You Return / Letter Of Withdrawal From PDP To APC By Member Of PDP Campaign Cttee In Akwa Ibo / PDP Chieftain Shoots 4 Over Buhari Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.