Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari (753 Views)

Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / Recover Stolen Oil Money, Buhari Tells NNPC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
Presidential candidate of the All Progressives
Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), has
said he is not in the race for power or money.
He says he is in the race in response to the yearnings
of Nigerians for an improvement on their lives and
the betterment of Nigeria.
Buhari said this in Abuja on Thursday in what was
said to be his last media briefing before the crucial
election.
He said Saturday’s election presents Nigerians a great
opportunity to end impunity and incompetence in
governance.
The APC candidate noted that 16 years under the
Peoples Democratic Party remained a story of
despair, despondency, disillusionment and pervasive
fear, caused by unprecedented insecurity.
He said the basic functions of the government such
as the security, welfare and happiness of the citizens
appeared only on the pages of newspaper.
According to him, it is morally wrong for any
government that has woefully failed in these basic
responsibilities to demand or expect another
mandate from the disillusioned citizens of Nigeria.
Buhari said, “I am not contesting this election
because I want power and money. I am doing so
because Nigerians believe I have what it takes to
achieve the much-needed change. When the people
express confidence in your ability and integrity to
lead them, you have a responsibility to answer the
clarion call to national service.
“The presidential election this Saturday, March 28,
2015, presents a great opportunity for Nigerians to
come out en-masse and vote to remove an
incompetent government from office. The beauty of
democracy is that it gives power to the people to
change the government peacefully.
“The PDP administration has exhausted all its
goodwill and lost all the argument on performance
and competence and is, as a result, seeking to retain
power at all costs, regardless of performance, which
is a shameless reflection of desperation and greed
for power.
“A government that abandons its citizens to their
fates has no reason to remain in office a day longer than necessary".

www.punchng.com/news/im-not-in-this-race-for-power-money-buhari/

Seun, Lalasticlala cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
We know you are not. That is why we want you in power! It's got to be you, General!

We are tired of these petty thieves parading themselves as "leaders!"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by qadeerkug(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
uhmmmm daz our general may God give u dis power nd condemned ur great foe.........saiiii baba inshaa Allahu

3 Likes

Re: I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by drtwist(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
Then what are u looking for in Aso Rock? Are u the only credible candidate we have in this country? Why don't u sponsor someone else with a credible record since u knw u have once tried and fail to change nigeria futune. Even if u manage to b elected because of the tribal level created by u, u will not rule a peaceful nigeria. because u are teaming with other majority to cut short our minority. I'm with GEJ till death

1 Like

Re: I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by steppins: 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
You're in it for revenge, we know that already.
But pack your things and take your 150 cows along.
Since you want to be "president" by all means, try ANN president(Association of Northern Nomads).
Re: I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by egift(m): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
A simple upright man who every looter and criminal is terribly afraid of.

A vote for Buhari is a victory for Democracy and the Nigerian Masses. Let's give Buhari a chance.

1 Like

Re: I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by egift(m): 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
drtwist:
Then what are u looking for in Aso Rock? Are u the only credible candidate we have in this country? Why don't u sponsor someone else with a credible record since u knw u have once tried and fail to change nigeria futune. Even if u manage to b elected because of the tribal level created by u, u will not rule a peaceful nigeria. because u are teaming with other majority to cut short our minority. I'm with GEJ till death

steppins:
You're in it for revenge, we know that already.
But pack your things and take your 150 cows along.
Since you want to be "president" by all means, try ANN president(Association of Northern Nomads).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2248379_peuf2015032250_jpega3633cbf1cc620efcb92c5f83f27f2b3

1 Like

Re: I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by Leo001(m): 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
if not for power! then why will dog and baboon be sock in blood! Stop deceiving urself. What u where not able to do at 35 na73 u go do! A beg park well. If i vote u then this generation is curse and lost!
GMG do u have a son! I don't think u have! because if u do He should in his late thirty or early forty! that the person u should project! while u go and play with ur grandchildren telling the war stories as a retired general u r!

1 Like

Re: I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by Leo001(m): 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
if not for power! then why will dog and baboon be sock in blood! Stop deceiving urself. What u where not able to do at 35 na73 u go do! A beg park well. If i vote u then this generation is curse and lost!
GMB do u have a son! I don't think u have! because if u do He should be in his late thirty or early forty! that the person u should project! while u go and play with ur grandchildren telling them war stories as a retired general u r!
Re: I’m not in this race for power, money – Buhari by mytime24(f): 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
Kk, to get ur cert back shei

Never again siR

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Last Message To All Nigeria B4 8am 2morow / PDP Governors Didn't Defect As Claimed By APC? Lol / Buhari After The Presidential Election 'pic'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.