Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,308 members, 7,780,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:52 PM

What Can Cause This?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can Cause This?? (31004 Views)

Small Animals And Insects That Cause Big And Deadly Diseases / Common Foods That Cause Food Poisoning / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Cause This?? by blaizze(f): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Please what can cause foul smelling menstruation blood. I just noticed it last month on the last day of my period. The smell was so bad that I felt everyone could perceive it. I took some antibiotics and it stopped. but yesterday my flow started and this time it is worse!!! its really so frustrating.
has anyone experienced this before and what did you do. I cant go to the hospital right now cos I don't have enough money. maybe next week. Please I need help urgently. Please help me.
Re: What Can Cause This?? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
The likely cause is infection. You need to see a doctor asap.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Cause This?? by thorpido(m): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
It must be an infection.You will need to do a test(swab test).
You need to be placed on the right antibiotics to deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: What Can Cause This?? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
Menstrual blood should not smell. It is likely to be an infection, so please go to a doctor.

Did you complete your course of antibiotics last time? If you stopped early, an infection can resurface without much difficulty.

13 Likes

Re: What Can Cause This?? by blaizze(f): 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2015
I just took 2 doses of the antibiotics and stopped. is there anything I can do to stop the smell at least for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can Cause This?? by Nana123(m): 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
Buy zinnat it's a strong antibiotics drugs

7 Likes

Re: What Can Cause This?? by achinaboy(m): 11:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
tell your new boyfriend to go check himself,because i think he fffucked ashanti recently,,

30 Likes

Re: What Can Cause This?? by uboma(m): 1:04am On Mar 27, 2015
Flytefalls:
Menstrual blood should not smell. It is likely to be an infection, so please go to a doctor.

Did you complete your course of antibiotics last time? If you stopped early, an infection can resurface without much difficulty.

The Antibiotic she took last month was on self medication. Do you expect the infection to just clear off?

The op should visit the hospital, a vaginal swab test will most likely be prescribed and the results will guide the doctor on the appropriate medication to prescribe.

14 Likes

Re: What Can Cause This?? by uboma(m): 1:07am On Mar 27, 2015
blaizze:
I just took 2 doses of the antibiotics and stopped. is there anything I can do to stop the smell at least for now.

The dangers of self medication far outweighs any temporary relief you seem to be enjoying... Try and visit the doctor.

Good health to you

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can Cause This?? by SAMBARRY: 9:50am On Mar 27, 2015
This is not an nl matter. Go and see w gynaecologist before it degenerates to something else and then again why will you be doing self medication for something that dangerous? Hiannn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Cause This?? by blaizze(f): 10:10am On Mar 27, 2015
achinaboy:
tell your new boyfriend to go check himself,because i think he fffucked ashanti recently,,

thanks but not everyone indulge in sex

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Cause This?? by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2015
uboma:

The Antibiotic she took last month was on self medication. Do you expect the infection to just clear off?

I expect nor assume nothing. The question was reasonable, so chill out undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can Cause This?? by DeCritique(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2015
Viral disease?

See your doctor as soon as possible
Re: What Can Cause This?? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2015
Ewwww.. I don't know but I'm sure you'll find answers now you shared you problem. Sorry o
Re: What Can Cause This?? by lonelydora: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2015
Doctors in the house please advice
Re: What Can Cause This?? by umarc19: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2015
Flytefalls:

Re: What Can Cause This?? by loomer: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2015
Eya
Re: What Can Cause This?? by elohorayodele: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2015
hmmmm, see a dokita nah
Re: What Can Cause This?? by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2015
Renylee:
The likely cause is infection. You need to see a doctor asap.

Consider making an appointment with a nurse or your doctor if the odor suddenly seems stronger and more unpleasant than usual,
continues for several days, and/or is accompanied by pain or irritation.
These symptoms may be the signs of an STI or vaginitis (a common vaginal irritation caused by things like yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis).

The only time a woman should smell during her period is if she has been wearing her sanitary towel for too long.

Poor hygiene

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can Cause This?? by lollystiver(m): 11:14am On Mar 27, 2015
the only thing she can do is to vote change grin grin grin grin say baba

11 Likes

Re: What Can Cause This?? by chiibekee(f): 11:15am On Mar 27, 2015
Eat good and avoid using strong soaps to wash ur private. Its can either be infection or hormonal imbalance.
Re: What Can Cause This?? by sexymoma(f): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2015
achinaboy:
hey lil boy... there are some things you dont joke around with... If she isn't old enough to be your mother at least as a sis

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Cause This?? by chimerase2: 11:16am On Mar 27, 2015
U have an infection so try and visit dey lab
So dat dem go do u vaginal swab
Re: What Can Cause This?? by lonelydora: 11:16am On Mar 27, 2015
Nana123:
Buy zinnat it's a strong antibiotics drugs

I thought it's for children.
Re: What Can Cause This?? by NaMe4: 11:16am On Mar 27, 2015
uboma:

The op should visit the hospital, a vaginal swab test will most likely be prescribed and the results will guide the doctor on the appropriate medication to prescribe.

Op, there should be a number of affordable hospitals around your location that you could visit.

In addition to identifying the causative organisms of the infection, certain medication will be prescribed by your doctor which should be taken as prescribed for a given period of time.

Obviously, the self-treatment was not sufficient to clear the infection.

Since the symptoms have been of recent onset, it will be advisable to tackle it early in order to avoid rather long-term complications from an apparently 'simple' infection.

I believe you can still go to hospital for an evaluation without having cash for the whole treatment at hand at the moment, plus many doctors are understanding and will know how to work on your case. You can see a gynae preferably.

2 Likes

Re: What Can Cause This?? by preshy223(f): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2015
try c a doctor, but menses Neva smell nice though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can Cause This?? by Akposy(m): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2015
Go and see a female doctore ASAP
Re: What Can Cause This?? by DesChyko: 11:16am On Mar 27, 2015
Any description? Of the smell I mean?
If none in particular, see a doctor. These are usually bacterial in nature.
Re: What Can Cause This?? by Nasri100(m): 11:17am On Mar 27, 2015
uselessgoat:
[size=18pt] undecided

REDUCE THE QUANTITY OF DICKS YOU CONSUME MONTHLY AND ALSO TRY SOME HERBS

IT WORKS LIKE MAGIC undecided[/size]

Your name epitomizes you.

37 Likes

Re: What Can Cause This?? by elohorayodele: 11:17am On Mar 27, 2015
chiibekee:
G

see as u fresh like fresh fish

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Swims Inside Gutter In Owerri, Scoops Dirts With Bare Hands (Photos) / Community Panics Over Decaying Body In Lagos State-owned Gardens (photo) / What Is Function Of Alomo Bitter In The Body System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.