Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East (21341 Views)

I Didn’t Know Corruption Was This Much Under Me- GEJ / Re-Elect Me For A 2nd-Term, I Promise Not To Disappoint You– GEJ Begs Nigerians / GEJ Begs PDP Govs: Pls Save Me From Defeat - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by shakiru991(m): 5:19am On Mar 27, 2015
Hmmm na waoooo 4 u

U neva c anyti

-s too late 4 u

Sai Apc sAi Baba

Sai Buhari

Insha Allah

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by popson1(m): 5:27am On Mar 27, 2015
Dharniel:
Why on earth should a president beg for votes. It is very lugubrious. i say a caboto-rejectamenta to that.
see his face, na cry he won cry so
#sai_buhari
#change

#JONATHAN_NEVER_AGAIN
The poor guy is actually weeping inside grin.
O ma se o! Too late! Sai Buhari!!!

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by johnnychuks(m): 5:37am On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ i see you are truely clueless man for saying dis to Nigerians! when Governor Rotimi Amechi was ascking you to tell the Rivers people what hv you done for them, ur fellows clueless members in Rivers were going against Amechi, haven't sed that nest thing you could do is to fousfully gain Entrance into port harcourt Stardium to tell the Rivers people that you did never do anything for them! that shows how mayopick you are!

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by mgenam(m): 5:42am On Mar 27, 2015
Please be Informed! This is the total number of eligible voters in each Six Geopolitical Zone in Nigeria by INEC
SOUTH EAST:
Abia 1,481,191
Anambra 1,758,220
Enugu 1,301,185
Imo 1,611,715
Ebonyi 876,249
TOTAL = 7,028,560
------------------------------------------------------------------SOUTH WEST:
Lagos 6,247,845
Ogun 1,869,326
Osun 1,293,967
Ondo 1,558,975
Ekiti 750,753
Oyo 2,577,490
TOTAL=14,298,356
------------------------------------------------------------------SOUTH SOUTH:
Edo 1,412;225
Delta 1,900,055
Bayelsa 472,389
Akwa Ibom 1,714,781
RIvers 2,419,057
C/Rivers 1,018,550
TOTAL 8,937,057
------------------------------------------------------------------NORTH CENTRAL:
Benue 1,415,162
Kogi 1,215,405
Kwara 1,115,665
Nassarawa 1,224,206
Niger 721,478
Plateau 1,983,453
TOTAL 7,675,369
------------------------------------------------------------------NORTH EAST:
Adamawa 1,714,860
Bauchi 1,835,562
Borno 2,730,368
Gombe 1,266,993
Taraba 1,308,106
Yobe 1,182,230
TOTAL 10,038,119
------------------------------------------------------------------NORTH WEST:
Jigawa 1,852,698
Kano 5,135,415
Katsina 2,931,668
Kaduna 3,565,762
Kebbi 1,603,468
Sokoto 2,065,508
Zamfara 1,746,024
TOTAL 18,900,543
------------------------------------------------------------------
Please let us ensure we monitor our votes from the polling units to the ward, to the Local Govt, up to th
e State levels. Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by bashydemy(m): 5:47am On Mar 27, 2015
So this man can beg?
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by babestella: 5:56am On Mar 27, 2015
Dharniel:
Why on earth should a president beg for votes. It is very lugubrious. i say a caboto-rejectamenta to that.
#sai_buhari
#change

#JONATHAN_NEVER_AGAIN

Because people like you & your political gods have used lies, hate and propaganda to destroy his life. God's willing, he will have victory this Saturday and you'll all will be ashamed of your treasonable and unpatriotic act.

GOD BLESS NIGERIANS.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
GOD BLESS PGEJ.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Simpson101(m): 5:57am On Mar 27, 2015
Diesel1:
No need of u beggin northerners, u are already d winner

Diesel1, When This Returns, Mark My Word, You'll Only Be Found In The Black Market shocked
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Popemax(m): 6:04am On Mar 27, 2015
Riodiao:
IM VERY CONFIDENT THE WHOLE NORTH WILL VOTE GEJ
a friend from north also said that...let's see how it goes

3 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by globalresource: 6:04am On Mar 27, 2015
People wey dey born pikin throway according to your wife (mama peace) And yet u refused to caution her against such statement. But u can still compel the same people to vote for you... Abaaaa
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Tunagee(m): 6:07am On Mar 27, 2015
LRNZH:

President Goodluck Jonathan has begged the North, specifically the North-East geo-political zone, to support and vote for him on Saturday.

Jonathan in a letter titled, ‘My dear Arewa brothers and sisters’, which he personally signed, said it would be unfair for anyone to blame him for the Boko Haram menace which resulted in the death of over 15,000 Nigerians.

The President admitted that his administration initially underestimated the menace and that was why the terrorists were able to kill many Nigerians.

He added that the menace was compounded by the lack of equipment.

The President, however, said the successes recorded by the Armed Forces in the last six weeks showed that he was indeed capable of curbing terrorism.
He, therefore, called on northerners to vote for him in order to perfect the work he had started.

He said, “I do understand that my first duty to you at this time is to rid the entire North of the menace of Boko Haram and secure your lives and property. You and I know that nothing in Nigeria’s past prepared us for the unprecedented reign of unmitigated terror, mayhem and destruction which these murderous terrorists have visited on parts of our country.

“The initial slowness in effectively responding to the threat was as a result of the asymmetrical nature of the war on terror and the need for us to properly equip our security agencies for the successful prosecution of the war.

“Given the recent successes recorded by our Armed Forces with your cooperation and patriotic support, the cooperation of our neighbours as well as the laudable gallantry of security agents, I am confident that in the shortest possible time, the menace of Boko Haram would have been eliminated for good.”

Jonathan’s inability to curb terrorism had made him very unpopular in some northern states to the extent that he was stoned in some of the states while he was campaigning.

Jonathan said he and the people of the South-South geo-political zone supported his late predecessor, Umaru Yar’Adua who was from the North.

He, therefore, urged them to do the same for him.

He said, “Because Nigeria today is in desperate need of stability, I plead with you to join me in building on the foundation of the traditional alliance between us which has always served to keep Nigeria one strong, united and prosperous nation,” he said.

The soaring popularity of Jonathan’s main rival, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd), of the All Progressives Congress, among the Arewa community seems to have jolted the President.

The Vice President, Namadi Sambo, also met northerners in Lagos on Thursday to beg them to vote for Jonathan for the sake of national peace and unity.

Incidentally, the wife of the President, Patience Jonathan, who has been campaigning for her husband, has avoided visiting the North-West and the North-East.

http://www.punchng.com/news/please-support-me-jonathan-begs-north/

too late man! this should vome after GMB has been sworn in.
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by PastorOla1: 6:09am On Mar 27, 2015
NEVER AGAIN, THERE IS AN END TO EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN, "THE END"
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Omooba77: 6:14am On Mar 27, 2015
A man that apologise for his errors is a great leader,not someone who didnot give a damn for the loss of NYSC members,failed to produce his certificate....GEI all the way....»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Forward
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Rawani: 6:17am On Mar 27, 2015
Dear Goodluck Jonathan,

The North has never, is never, and will never vote for you. Apart from your glaring lack of capacity, you are the most divisive and corrupt President ever to rule this country. It's interesting that despite your inability to summon some decorum and desist from shamelessly groveling for our votes, you were able to acknowledge, albeit shamefully, your weak handling of BH and the tragedy of our abducted girls. Your excuse of lacking equipment is a slap on the face of every northerner and indeed every Nigerian who grimaced as they read about the billions of dollars you were granted several times, and your brainless purchase of war ships in a time of peace for your terrorists. The fact that you have to plead regionally for votes while tactlessly trying to whip up primal sentiments in the process, underlines your ethnocentric nature and divisive core. You will be remembered as the first minority president that has instilled doubts in the the hearts of Nigerians on the ability of other minorities to manage such a sensitive position without turning it into an ethnic affair, and insulting all who dare to sound a note of caution. I repeat, the North will abandon you like you abandoned your responsibilities.

Goodbye Jonathan. You will not be missed.

Rawani.

7 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:18am On Mar 27, 2015
freshness2020:
Oui Monsieur le president
Nous sommes toujours derriere vous
!
We are always behind you Mr president...
..its already less than 24 days to D-day.
GEJ till 2019..
Nous? Shame!
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:20am On Mar 27, 2015
Omooba77:
A man that apologise for his errors is a great leader,not someone who didnot give a damn for the loss of NYSC members,failed to produce his certificate....GEI all the way....»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Forward
And definitely not like one under whose watch job applicants died in stampedes yet nobody is punished.

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by nodullin(m): 6:23am On Mar 27, 2015
idia101:
Irrespective of who wins saturday's election, we
still won't have 6,000 megawatts of electricity by
2019, There will still be atleast 2 ASUU strikes
before 2020, garri will still never be sold at 20naira
per derica, ponmo will still be cheaper than beef,
your landlord will not reduce his rent, your salary
will most likely remain the same for another couple
of years, I will still have to pay for electricity that I'll
never get to use, MC Oluomo will still control
Oshodi, DSTV will not reduce monthly subscription,
MTN will not give you FREEBIES without hidden
charges, the list is unending, but one thing is super
certain, your hustle will always put food on your
table. Just vote, don't impose your opinions on us,
GEJ is a lion, BUHARI is a wolf, even we sef we no
be sheep, we are a lawless lot. Irrespective of who
wins, just give me peace cos I need to go out on
monday and get my daily food.

one of d best post I've read!
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Omooba77: 6:23am On Mar 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

And definitely not like one under whose watch job applicants died in stampedes yet nobody is punished.

The agent has been blacklisted,yes peopel ,lost their lives ,which is very painful,but many went there gate crashing,poor planning...........
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by PentiumPro(f): 6:26am On Mar 27, 2015
SAI BUHARI, Until Mama Piss visit NW AND NE to campaign for PDP.. grin cheesy
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:30am On Mar 27, 2015
Omooba77:

The agent has been blacklisted,yes peopel ,lost their lives ,which is very painful,but many went there gate crashing,poor planning...........
Cupability lies with the Presidency.
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Omooba77: 6:39am On Mar 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Cupability lies with the Presidency.

Yes,but in a crowd we are responsible for our actions and behaviour.
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by leanalyst: 6:49am On Mar 27, 2015
Dharniel:
#sai_buhari
#change

#JONATHAN_NEVER_AGAIN
Why shouldn't he beg for votes? He's human and can decide to be humble enough to do exactly that.
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by leanalyst: 6:54am On Mar 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Jonathan the begging President.
A humble president is a good thing my friend. It shows he cares. I prefer who begs for votes, than who will go and rig the elections.
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by dvee2: 6:57am On Mar 27, 2015
This is what you should have done long time ago, own up as the commander in chief and stand by the people. Instead your poor advisers okupe and FFK are insulting them on top of their loosing everything. Your first mistake is not understanding Nigeria. Your trying to pitch northern christian against muslims, dividing nigerians along regional and ethnic lines just for political gains. Where are the Edwin Clark and Asare to help you now? Even the international community of nations are against you. Yours is a case of monumental failure due to poor advice, not to mention about your wife. Sir politics is not about flexing muscle, it's about building bridges accross divides, and regions.
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by leanalyst: 6:59am On Mar 27, 2015
Mr President carry on. U are humble and remorseful, at least you always show you care and try to make things better or soften blows. On the other hand your rival has never and doesn't ever show remorse over his failures or mistakes.
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by hakanai(m): 7:03am On Mar 27, 2015
What angers me now, is how again he admits that the failure to tackle BH was an issue of underestimating the treat posed by BH. What happens to all the tales that APC did it, Adamu Chiroma did it or Northern political elements were responsible?
He spent 5 years lying about the nature of treat and pitching Muslims against Xtians or south against north. When he could have led a united nation to fight the terrorist and spare more life!
Today Cameroon is still better united in there time of trouble. We on the hand have the likes of Asari even denying girls were abducted. Maku calling it an APC ploy! Ekewesili attacked left and right even from here kinsmen simply because she showed concern and compassion to her fellow countrymen in time of sorrow.
Its then sad that all PDP and GEJ have told us over 5years of governance on the NE security is a blatant lie! So regrettable and shameless!

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by ademega(m): 7:05am On Mar 27, 2015
Riodiao:
IM VERY CONFIDENT THE WHOLE NORTH WILL VOTE GEJ
What a confidence
I love your confidence

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by maestroz: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2015
LRNZH:

President Goodluck Jonathan has begged the North, specifically the North-East geo-political zone, to support and vote for him on Saturday.

Jonathan in a letter titled, ‘My dear Arewa brothers and sisters’, which he personally signed, said it would be unfair for anyone to blame him for the Boko Haram menace which resulted in the death of over 15,000 Nigerians.

The President admitted that his administration initially underestimated the menace and that was why the terrorists were able to kill many Nigerians.

He added that the menace was compounded by the lack of equipment.

The President, however, said the successes recorded by the Armed Forces in the last six weeks showed that he was indeed capable of curbing terrorism.
He, therefore, called on northerners to vote for him in order to perfect the work he had started.

He said, “I do understand that my first duty to you at this time is to rid the entire North of the menace of Boko Haram and secure your lives and property. You and I know that nothing in Nigeria’s past prepared us for the unprecedented reign of unmitigated terror, mayhem and destruction which these murderous terrorists have visited on parts of our country.

“The initial slowness in effectively responding to the threat was as a result of the asymmetrical nature of the war on terror and the need for us to properly equip our security agencies for the successful prosecution of the war.

“Given the recent successes recorded by our Armed Forces with your cooperation and patriotic support, the cooperation of our neighbours as well as the laudable gallantry of security agents, I am confident that in the shortest possible time, the menace of Boko Haram would have been eliminated for good.”

Jonathan’s inability to curb terrorism had made him very unpopular in some northern states to the extent that he was stoned in some of the states while he was campaigning.

Jonathan said he and the people of the South-South geo-political zone supported his late predecessor, Umaru Yar’Adua who was from the North.

He, therefore, urged them to do the same for him.

He said, “Because Nigeria today is in desperate need of stability, I plead with you to join me in building on the foundation of the traditional alliance between us which has always served to keep Nigeria one strong, united and prosperous nation,” he said.

The soaring popularity of Jonathan’s main rival, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd), of the All Progressives Congress, among the Arewa community seems to have jolted the President.

The Vice President, Namadi Sambo, also met northerners in Lagos on Thursday to beg them to vote for Jonathan for the sake of national peace and unity.

Incidentally, the wife of the President, Patience Jonathan, who has been campaigning for her husband, has avoided visiting the North-West and the North-East.

http://www.punchng.com/news/please-support-me-jonathan-begs-north/

I read with great enthusiasm the president's appeal to solicit for votes from north east. I felt so THRILLED till I saw the phrase underestimated the insurgents. I paused to check if GEJ was truly GCFR. I saw GCFR against his name and I marvelled at his incompetence. Was he elected to underestimate or take action when necessary? He is the architect of his own nightmare. No amount of dollars would revive those lives. Incorruption is massive. Ekitigate still llingers without culprits tried. Hate speeches by his supporters without been called to order.
We in the south should be happy having GEJ but he has let us down. Corrections can't be made in 6weeks.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Toofan007: 7:09am On Mar 27, 2015
Jonathan said he and the people of the South-South geo-political zone supported his late predecessor, Umaru Yar’Adua who was from the North.He, therefore, urged them to do the same for him. <---this shows the thought pattern of this president. He wants them to support him, NOT because he has anything worthy to offer, but because he and south south supported Yar'A.

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by yetunsbay(m): 7:13am On Mar 27, 2015
Beesluv:
Begibegi
*in Fela's voice*
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by rabzy01: 7:19am On Mar 27, 2015
Jono, why now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations / Peter Obi Effect: APC And PDP Must Throw VP Slot To Young People / Sheikh Haliru Abdullahi Maraya Warns Against Same-Faith Presidential Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.