Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan (75665 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo's Church Member Welcomes Twins After Over 10yrs Of Marriage(pics) / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
rhames:

Oga no be fight an simple argument. Read the headlines very well and argue within its content. The people who burnt that Church were not identified. The larger majority of these people of Southern Kaduna are Christians and most attend old Churches like ECWA,HEKAN and COCIN. Because they view these new generation churches with deep suspicion.

You only watch the North from the CNN reports. How do these stations report the likes of OPC?

If you say our people are backward, how come they have produced four chief of defence staff Ibrahim Ogohi, Joshua Dogonyaro,martin Luther Agwai and GenerAl Zamani Lekwot. We have also produced the likes of Rev. Fr. Hassan Matthew Kukah. Gov. Patrick Yakowa, AVM Usman Muazu.

These are just a few of our stars in Southern Kaduna.

Are these people also a violent or bad set of people?

if some northerners are bad does not mean that All northerners are. If OPC or MEND give Yorubas or Niger Delta people a bad name does not mean their actions represent these ethnic groupings.

learn to approach issues with caution not sentiments or hearsay.

I am not addressing issues based on sentiments, just saying the fact, the real happenings in the North. Your leaders should just do the needful; they should educate the trouble makers to be reasonable in their actions. OPC agitations are mostly based on issues, once they are seen attacking the innocent all mouths would be against them and before you know what is happening they have already retreated and stopped unexpected activities. The insurgents of the North are not like that. North would have been a place to live in absolute peace but this unrepentant criminals. Suppose they reason like OPC or MEND you mentioned the story could have been different. You should have understood reason these pressure groups would never allow terrorism to surface among their people in the South.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by rhames(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
Rexyl:

I am not addressing issues based on sentiments, just saying the fact, the real happenings in the North. Your leaders should just do the needful; they should educate the trouble makers to be reasonable in their actions. OPC agitations are mostly based on issues, once they are seen attacking the innocent all mouths would be against them and before you know what is happening they have already retreated and stopped unexpected activities. The insurgents of the North are not like that. North would have been a place to live in absolute peace but this unrepentant criminals. Suppose they reason like OPC or MEND you mentioned the story could have been different. You should have understood reason these pressure groups would never allow terrorism to surface among their people in the South.

Just as Gani Adams is educating agberos at Oshodi and other places abi? How many Yoruba leaders have condemned the activities of these OPC leaders? Why do you claim a holier than thou attitude?
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
rhames:

Just as Gani Adams is educating agberos at Oshodi and other places abi? How many Yoruba leaders have condemned the activities of these OPC leaders? Why do you claim a holier than thou attitude?

And you think their excesses are being covered for selfish gains in SW like the insulgents of the North?
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ggsquare: 6:28pm On Mar 27, 2015
Its wrong to burn church just because politics
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Dyoungstar: 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
tchidi:
Ehmmm... are you sure I shouldn't leave here to somewhere a Lil safer? undecided undecided

So you still dey that hopeless Hausa land?

Anything wey you see na for your head.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by pasol4real(m): 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
Smartlife:
A re-election bid too costly
If President Jonathan could desperately spend so much money, because of a second term bid, then you can realise how powerful you are! How powerful is your right to vote! Your Permanent Voters card is very powerful! Vote out poverty and black out with your PVCs!
#6~ 7 Billion for Pastors
#50 million each for Obas (20) =1 Billion.
#150 million for OPC and MASSOB
#250 million for Nollywood celebrities and artistes.
#100 million for News agencies e.g (Media Houses)
#2 Billion for other political parties i.e YDM,PDM,APGA,La
bour party&accord party
#200 million for ethnic socio-political groups i.e
Afenifere, Ohaneze ndigbo, northern governor's forum.......
TOTAL: #9.7 Billion
Do you know how many roads this amount would construct
in Nigeria today?
Do you know how many good schools this amount would
have built?
Do you know how many Megawatts of electricity this
amount would have generated?
Do you know how much adequate security this amount
would have provided?
Do you know how many hungry people who live on less
than $1 per day in Nigeria this amount would have fed?
Do you know how much Employment this amount would
have generated?
Yet they bring it to you just so they can
bribe you to vote for them. Had they use the money for the
right things that we can see they wouldn't need to bribe us
to vote for them!

Change is here sai buhari
are u done with ur stupid lies i dint know we had gej's personal assistant in our forum, cos for u to know all dis u must b his pa.in any case hope u are prepared for the greatest defeat of ur life cos GEJ SHALL CRUSH Buhari.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by wman(m): 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
This is very wrong.

For your PC,Android and PSP games,1080p HD movies,T.V series and documentaries, tutorials, downloads of anything you need check us out at https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest Full catalogue is available at j .mp/adlisting
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by rhames(m): 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
Rexyl:

And you think their excesses are being covered for selfish gains in SW like the insulgents of the North?

And how many of the rabble rousers that made Oshodi unbearable a few days ago has been arraigned, arrested, shown on television or have been caught by any law enforcement agencies?

And for God sake, why do you want to justify OPC's destructive activities as being politically, economically and socially and culturally relevant?

To summarize my point there is no justification for violence or burning down of that Church. What I emphasised is these predominantly Christian people hate the affiliation of any Man of God with politics.

Period. Good night.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by drstone1: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
Acidosis:
This message is directed to all peace loving Nigerians. There is something about that word "Sai-Buhari."

At the shout of that name; all sane Nigerians become insane, blood pressures rise; tentacles grow from the skull; and teeth begin to gnash!

Stay safe Nigerians! Sai Buhari is synonymous to VIOLENCE; wherever & whenever that name is called; what follows is VIOLENCE.

Nairaland was peaceful until we started seeing these words; Lagos was peaceful until "SAI BUHARI"

Do you even know the main activator of the 2011 post election violence? Fellow Nigerians, watch the video on YouTube and tell me what you hear!

We've seen people destroying banners and simultaneously chanting "SAI-BUHARI." That name give them the energy and tenacity to kill, steal and destroy.

"SAI-BUHARI" will result to loss of lives on Saturday, 28th. When you hear that name; grab your voter card and run for your dear life.

I bind the evil power of violence behind that name and forbid it's operation across the length n breadth of Nigeria in the name of jesus the anointed christ

Acidosis
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2015
rhames:

And how many of the rabble rousers that made Oshodi unbearable a few days ago has been arraigned, arrested, shown on television or have been caught by any law enforcement agencies?

And for God sake, why do you want to justify OPC's destructive activities as being politically, economically and socially and culturally relevant?

To summarize my point there is no justification for violence or burning down of that Church. What I emphasised is these predominantly Christian people hate the affiliation of any Man of God with politics.

Period. Good night.

We don't encourage violence, nor do we support OPC guys to disturb peace anywhere. Any demonstrations that involves damaging public infrastructures or people's properties are not meant to express grievance in peaceful manner. Any time the guys stretch their demonstrations beyond the boundary people will raise the alarm so that they adjust as appropriate or desist from creating unnecessary tension in the society. You should know they don't attack and destroy religious institutions which don't believe and practice what they do as the fanatics/insulgents of the North
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by rhames(m): 7:54am On Mar 28, 2015
Rexyl:

We don't encourage violence, nor do we support OPC guys to disturb peace anywhere. Any demonstrations that involves damaging public infrastructures or people's properties are not meant to express grievance in peaceful manner. Any time the guys stretch their demonstrations beyond the boundary people will raise the alarm so that they adjust as appropriate or desist from creating unnecessary tension in the society. You should know they don't attack and destroy religious institutions which don't believe and practice what they do as your the fanatics/insulgents of the North

My friend, you better allow this issue rest and go out there to exercise your franchise by voting your candidate at the nearest polling station. I am already at my polling station and waiting for accreditation and you are still fighting a religious e- crusade here. Vote wisely for your candidate.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 8:02am On Mar 28, 2015
rhames:

My friend, you better allow this issue rest and go out there to exercise your franchise by voting your candidate at the nearest polling station. I am already at my polling station and waiting for accreditation and you are still fighting a religious e- crusade here. Vote wisely for your candidate.

You still found time and space to type in that ward? Good that you want to exercise one of your civic rights. All we want is peaceful society of well behaved and peace loving people.

Nothing like religious e crusade fighting, it's just to state the truth for those who care to adjust.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by rhames(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2015
Rexyl:

You still found time and space to type in that ward? Good that you want to exercise one of your civic rights. All we want is peaceful society of well behaved and peace loving people.

Nothing like religious e crusade fighting, it's just to state the truth for those who care to adjust.

Still found time to type this while waiting for accreditation. I believe you are still having breakfast abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Of Dare Adeboye Celebrating His 42nd Birthday Shared After His Death / Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath / Apostle Okpe And His Mercedes SLK Convertible Worth N7 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.