Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

An Open Letter To Nigeria Christian Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Nigeria Christian Community (869 Views)

First Northern Nigeria Christian Politicians Conference Live On NTA / Beyond Boko Haram: Child Abductions In Nigeria - Christian Today / Nigeria: Christian Persecution Reaches 'Extreme' Levels in These 10 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Nigeria Christian Community by chivision: 11:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ezekiel 33:6-7 says: “But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand. So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.” If I be a messenger, here is my message and if I be a watchman, here is my cry.

In 2011, just before the post election crisis completely died down, a vigorous and well funded campaign for 2015 general election was kick-started. And suffix it to say that 2015 scheming by a certain group of people, that have today metamorphosed into what is today called All Progressive Congress (APC), started long ago. Consequently, instead of engaging the new government at all level on good governance, our national dailies were tactically swayed into singing a uniform monotonous chorus of 2015 election.

Obviously, chief among their plots was to dismantle any structure or institution, no matter how important or sacred, that will not further their quest to clinch power by 2015. Unfortunately, the Nigerian Christian community have in countless occasion been targeted by such plots.

Between 2011 and now, our dear country, Nigeria has witnessed numerous political occurrence that has invariably placed Christianity in Nigeria at a very critical and dangerous corner. Today we are at the epicenter of APC propagandium profligacy and yet unfortunately, Nigerian Christian community is the worst hit.

First, most Nigerians are aware how APC notable leaders took the advantage of National security challenge to deliberately entangle and ridicule the President of Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejeafor over a failed military procurement in South Africa; which was hitherto approved by Nigerian defence authority. For being the owner of the private jet that was leased and used for the said procurement assignment, APC blatantly accused Pastor Ayo of sponsoring Boko Haram. APC spokesman, Lai Mohammed and Sen Bola Armed Tinubu even went as far as telling the whole world that the leadership of Nigerian Christian community is sponsoring Boko Haram.

Like the famous Biblical verse, “wailing may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning,” the truth has long unveiled itself. The South African authority and the US embassy have long stated their clear position about the failed deal. Likewise, many notable figures in Nigeria have equally defended Pastor Ayo.

Yet, the leadership of APC, the grand orchestra and the sole originator of the whole brouhaha have become reluctant to swallow their pride and tender the deserved apology to Nigerian Christian community for throwing faeces on their collective faces. To APC, the perceived scandal was a good business for them, hence an apology is absolutely uncalled for.

The APC propaganda machine have yet again beamed their search light on the chairman of Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission, Mr Kennedy Opara. According to APC presidential campaign organization director, Gov. Chibuike Amaechi, Mr Kennedy have been travelling around the country with a mandate of bribing Nigerian pastors with the sum of N6 billion. To APC, any move that is contrary to their interest, must be associated to bribery and corruption.

While the above negative campaign was ongoing, another one similar in nature surfaced against Bishop Davaid Oyedepo, the General Overseer of Winners Church. According to APC, Bishop Oyedepo have been compromised and bought over by President Goodluck Jonthan. Bishop Oyedepo sin however, was for daring to support President Jonathan publicly.

While APC supporters are busy threatening and silencing divergent opinion up north, their learned media wing that should know better are equally busy in the game of harassing, attacking and forcing notable Nigerian figures to support their candidate. To worsen the matter, APC internet warriors as they are fondly called, are all over the internet space trying very hard to convince and even confuse gullible Nigeria youth that Nigerian pastors are bad, lawless, sell outs, bribe takers. And as such, they should be lightly esteemed, if not totally disregarded. And to add insult to the injury, the same pastors that are being castigated, have recently been rebranded by APC as APC 5000 pastors and even APC fasting pastors.

When Tunde Bakare was feasting on the carcasses of APC spoils, he was not bribed neither was he compromised. When Christ Okotie was dancing one-legged ‘shoki’ to the tune of APC orchestra, he was not bribed nor compromised also. But as soon contrary voices arose, hell was let loose. This is unacceptable! Nigerian Christian should and must arise in unity to defend their faith. Likewise, all well meaning Nigerians should be encouraged and allowed to vote for the candidate of their choice.

If the Nigerian Christian leadership is so bad as APC would want us to believe, what about their counterparts religions? How angelic are they? When would they beam their search light on them? Unfortunately, it is only a propaganda specially articulated to cause confusion amongst the Christendom for the political gain of a few. This is a dangerous trend that if allowed to fester, is capable of prevailing upon Christian faithfuls to loose faith in their leadership, silence their voices, loose interest in the election and on the long run, abandon God.

With these actions and many more, I am strongly compelled to ask a simple question. Can APC govern a united Nigeria? Though I am strongly tempted to answer my own question, I am equally compelled to leave Nigerians to read in between the lines. However, it must be noted and emphasized, how APC embarked on a mission to rubbish Christianity in Nigeria.

While Christians are perhaps deeply engrossed in their usual game of denomination and indecision, the APC media wing is however drunk and intoxicated by their new found wine of rubbishing and sacrificing reputable Christian leaders, one after the other on the altar of their political ego.

In conclusion, I would advise APC, that for the interest of the common man on the street whom they profess to represent, they should as a matter of urgency reconsider and restrategize their modus operandai. The leadership of All Progressive Congress(APC) should also publicly tender an unreserved apology to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor personally and Nigerian Christians in general for spitting on their collective faces. Lastly, APC and their presidential candidate, General Mohammadu Buhari must cease from riding Nigerian Christians as donkeys for their selfish political aggrandizement. Enough is enough!
http://www.plafomia.com/677/an-open-letter-to-nigeria-christian-community
Re: An Open Letter To Nigeria Christian Community by EMEzzy(m): 12:02am On Mar 27, 2015
chivision:
Ezekiel 33:6-7 “But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand. So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.” If I be a messenger, here is my message and if I be a watchman, here is my cry.

In 2011, just before the post election crisis completely died down, a vigorous and well funded campaign for 2015 general election was kick-started. And suffix it to say that 2015 scheming by a certain group of people, that have today metamorphosed into what is today called All Progressive Congress (APC), started long ago. Consequently, instead of engaging the new government at all level on good governance, our national dailies were tactically swayed into singing a uniform monotonous chorus of 2015 election.

Obviously, chief among their plots was to dismantle any structure or institution, no matter how important or sacred, that will not further their quest to clinch power by 2015. Unfortunately, the Nigerian Christian community have in countless occasion been targeted by such plots.

Between 2011 and now, our dear country, Nigeria has witnessed numerous political occurrence that has invariably placed Christianity in Nigeria at a very critical and dangerous corner. Today we are at the epicenter of APC propagandium profligacy and yet unfortunately, Nigerian Christian community is the worst hit.
He who has ears let him hear.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigeria Christian Community by podosci(m): 12:06am On Mar 27, 2015
PDP told Christians Buhari is going to islamatize Nigeria,
The same PDP through Sambo told the Muslims, Osibanjo is going to christianatize Nigeria that he is a pastor and he has plenty churches
Now you are here saying your own...
which one do we believe?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigeria Christian Community by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 27, 2015
No true christian will vote for apc

Say no to fake change
Say yes to tranzformation
Say yes to jonathan
Re: An Open Letter To Nigeria Christian Community by MeAndYou(m): 12:37am On Mar 27, 2015
Negativism is a big business

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigeria Christian Community by chivision: 11:01am On Mar 27, 2015

(1) (Reply)

When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country / Adesina On Course For Afdb’s Presidency / Why You Should not Vote Jimi Agbaje *must See Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.