Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan (29395 Views)

My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki / Buhari’s List Not Worth The Wait, He Should Have Submitted On May 29 – Odumakin / Policemen Detain Punchman For Taking Jonathan’s House Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by efilefun(m): 4:36am On Mar 27, 2015
Ahead of the Saturday’s presidential election, President Goodluck Jonathan has described his main contender, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) of the All Progressives Congress as a gamble that is not worth taking by Nigerians.

He said he did not think that Nigerians would make the mistake of electing Buhari, who he said was not the right option for the country at this time.

Jonathan said this in an interview he granted an online news medium, TheCable. The interview was published on Thursday.

The President said while he could not claim to be perfect, majority of Nigerians would still prefer him to Buhari.

He said, “I don’t think Nigerians will make the mistake of voting for Buhari.

“Gen. Buhari, with due respect, is not the right option for Nigeria at this time. It is a gamble that is not worth taking.

“I may not be perfect as nobody is perfect. But I believe that come Saturday, the majority of Nigerian voters will choose me as the best candidate to lead the nation forward.”

Jonathan also said the APC was being overrated, saying the party would test its popularity against the PDP on Saturday (tomorrow).

“You should remember the Ekiti governorship election last year. Before the election, many people were saying APC would win by a landslide. But we in the PDP were busy mobilising the grassroots, going from village to village, from town to town.

“The result shocked everybody, apart from us at the PDP. I am not underrating APC, but I think they are grossly overrated.

“We shall meet on the field. That is where we will test our true strengths. We are fully ready. You will soon see,” the President boasted.

Jonathan said Lagos State remained the real battleground between the two parties in the South West, saying he does not see the APC winning Oyo and Ogun States.

He added that recent development had shown him that the PDP was taking a new shape in Lagos State.

The President said, “Ekiti and Ondo are already controlled by PDP. I don’t see APC winning Oyo and Ogun.

“And from the last governorship election in Osun, you could see that the gap between PDP and APC was very narrow, judging from the figures.

“Other factors will still be at play and the best you can say for now is that Osun is a tossed-up state, as Americans call it.

“The real battleground is Lagos, and if you have been following events closely, the PDP is reborn in Lagos. Wait and see how Lagosians will vote.”

The President said the choice of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as Buhari’s running mate would not make any difference in the zone because like Buhari, Osinbajo has never won an election before.
www.punchng.com/news/buhari-a-gamble-not-worth-taking-jonathan

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by efilefun(m): 4:38am On Mar 27, 2015
The bolded part of the article clearly shows this man was the main architect of the #EkitiGate but his failing this time around

Sanitation day is a day of " clean up" and it falls on the last Saturday of the month. March 28 is a sanitation day, get your BROOMS and PVCs and let's clean up Nigeria for a better tomorrow... God bless you all as you head to the poll massively to vote out corruption, unemployment and bad government out of our precious nation
Vote APC!!
Vote GMB/PYO!!
Vote CHANGE

330 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 4:40am On Mar 27, 2015
Who are you to tell us who to choose? We gambled with you too and failed.

Your presidency is a punishment by God for a collective mistake of the nation and that mistake must be corrected with this Saturday's election.

You have proved over the course of 5.5 years to be grossly incompetent, very corrupt and wickedly divisive.

Under you, Nigeria has become a laughing stock not only amongst the world leaders but also within the smaller African countries such that Ghana, Kenya, Cameroon and even Chad now mock our country. Even Mugabe that the world despises now mocks us as a corrupt nation. Can you beat that!

Fyi, we can never have it as bad as under you. Not even with a toddler surrounded by good personalities as the president.

You rigged in Ekiti and you're proud to boast about it.

You're a pathetically shameless human being.

410 Likes 52 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by efilefun(m): 4:41am On Mar 27, 2015
You dey mind the drunkard
PassingShot:
Who is he to tell Nigerians what to choose?

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by ORACLE1975(m): 4:44am On Mar 27, 2015
hmmm!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by nzeadachie: 4:58am On Mar 27, 2015
THE PRESIDENT FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA HAVE SPOPKEN AND THAT'S HOW IT WILL BE, NO SHAKING WE'RE SOLIDLY BEHIND YOU

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by efilefun(m): 5:03am On Mar 27, 2015
nzeadachie:
THE PRESIDENT FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA HAVE SPOPKEN AND THAT'S HOW IT WILL BE, NO SHAKING WE'RE SOLIDLY BEHIND YOU

Wake up man, even jonathan is fully prepared to leave aso rock his just trying some die minute strategies that ain't even working

185 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by nzeadachie: 5:05am On Mar 27, 2015
efilefun:

Wake up man, even jonathan is fully prepared to leave aso rock his just trying some die minute strategies that ain't even working
WE SHALL SEE BUT PLS DON'T CHANGE YOUR NAME AFTER TOMORROW

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by babadee1(m): 5:08am On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ the gamble is you. Reelecting you would mean gambling with the future of Nigeria and the posterity of all our children.

154 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Opinedecandid(m): 5:09am On Mar 27, 2015
No long stories, GEJ will win the Presidential election.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Nobody: 5:11am On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ: a mistake that never should have happened.

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by freshness2020: 5:13am On Mar 27, 2015
When I say PDP you say power...
..baba jonah no shaking..
Ur seat is still intact for ♈όϋ for the next four years again..
GEJ2015

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 27, 2015
Jona is a disgrace to this race
A disgrace to this country(Nigeria)
A disgrace to this generation
A disgrace to his certificate
As for OGUN and OYO that is miscalculation
I reside in the state, the handwriting is written on the wall even for the blind to read, GMB is winning by a landslide in SW don't know of other region.
SW is tired of this messy administration
meanwhile if BABA forked up we are going to vote him out in turn come 2019, for the power belong to wez Nigerian.

SAI BUHARI
SAI BABA
The change is here to stay.

195 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 27, 2015
It shall not be well with you GEJ

Your retirement come May is cursed!!

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by freshness2020: 5:19am On Mar 27, 2015
efilefun:

Daura needs buhari more...
He is going to where he belongs.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by YEMOYEMI: 5:30am On Mar 27, 2015
In one part the ediot Jonathan said Nigerians will not vote for Buhari but in another part, he told that some states are battle ground. GEJ is as confused as the word confusion.

Nigerians are ready to gamble with Buhari rather than having you stay extra day in govt. Bush is where you belong and the you shall return with that shapeless thing called mama piss

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by tyson99(m): 5:34am On Mar 27, 2015
freshness2020:

Daura needs buhari more...
He is going to where he belongs.
No worry na u go help am carry shoes we bought for him back to otuoke

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by gambit10: 5:36am On Mar 27, 2015
We took a gamble on u mr money~sharer and i guess nigerians by now know the result of that gamble....leave us lets try another gamble, you (jona) aint worth shit.... thief

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Burger01(m): 5:43am On Mar 27, 2015
I took the gamble to vote this clueless man in 2011. Now I regret it. Me and my hoods slaughtered rams for his victory celebration, what do we get for all that? Clueless-ness.

Jonathan! Never again!angry

Sai Buhari

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by cherryice(f): 5:44am On Mar 27, 2015
Burger01:
I took the gamble to vote this clueless man in 2011. Now i regret it. Jonathan! Never again!

Sai Buhari
and y u nt in bed mr buhari

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 27, 2015
This man needs medical help...he keeps hallucinating

PS

YORUBAS, you HAVE A MESSAGE
ARE YOU YORUBA? THEN CLICK HERE

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Burger01(m): 5:48am On Mar 27, 2015
cherryice:

and y u nt in bed mr buhari
Hey hi Cherry. Good noon to you over there.

Hehe, we are rooting for our incoming president, that's why I'm here ma.

Sai Buhari.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by omenka(m): 5:49am On Mar 27, 2015
So this dude still has the nerve to boast about the travesty that happened in Ekiti? Oh Lord, what a sick nation in dire need of exorcism Nigeria is. Hopefully, the demons that torment her would be cast out tomorrow.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by cherryice(f): 5:50am On Mar 27, 2015
Burger01:

Hey hi Cherry. Good noon to you over there.

Hehe, we are rooting for our incoming president, that's why I'm here ma.

Sai Buhari.
oh so you for bubu n nt jona?
28 is d election huh

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Kenquil: 5:50am On Mar 27, 2015
All we want is a free and fair elections....

Get your 1gb Etisalat shared data @ N1100. Call/sms/whatsapp 09092684000....

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:51am On Mar 27, 2015
Everyone has a right to aspire, everyone has a right to be optimistic. Jonathan can even predict that he ll win in the 36 States plus Abuja.

We ll find out the truth in less than 24 hours. Keep your fingers crossed. Vote,not fight...bond,not bomb.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by kyrios: 5:51am On Mar 27, 2015
nothing good comes easy
Sai buhari

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Burger01(m): 5:51am On Mar 27, 2015
cherryice:
oh so you for bubu n nt jona?
28 is d election huh
Yep, 28th the 'change' date.. Bubu is our man Cherry.

26 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by obago(m): 6:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 6:13am On Mar 27, 2015
RickRichards:
GEJ, a mistake that never should have happened.

A mistake that must be corrected.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by DesChyko: 6:21am On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ all the way.. Abuja or Otuoke, I stand behind you
The same way APC fanatics stand behind Tinubu and Buhari even if they're shown a picture of them looting CBNgrin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by DeCritique(m): 6:21am On Mar 27, 2015
Right Mr President

There is no need for this nation to take a gamble in trying to vote for Pa. Buhari.

The nation has undergone a giant stride in all parts of the economy. Buhari going in there would greatly repress the speed at which Transformation is occurring in all parts of the country and at all levels of Government.

Last Bullet: GEJ Till 2019

15 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hausas Won’t Vote For You, Join Obi – Adebanjo Tells Tinubu In Ogun / Nigerians Keep Vigil At Fuel Station (Photos) / Aisha Yesufu Forced To Resign As BBOG Convener Over Call For Buhari Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.