Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,556 members, 7,770,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:41 AM

How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? (2918 Views)

Help Needed- Windows 10 Deleted My Files After Copying To Hard Disk / How To Remove Previous Windows Installation Files After Installing Windows 10 / How Do I Recover My Gmail, Google Disabled My Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by Whizzcute(m): 5:14am On Mar 27, 2015
Hi folks!!!

I gave a friend of mine my laptop last week,But when the guy brought it back yesterday i noticed he has formatted it without my knowledge with reasons best known to him,I lost everything on my hard drive both pictures,audios,Videos,documents ,softwares etc ........Please i need your aid in this matter,please anyone that has a solution for this should please help me ASAP...God bless you!!
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by DesChyko: 5:44am On Mar 27, 2015
I know Tune-Up utilities can recover 'deleted' files. But formatting erases the pointers with which Tune Up works wih.
Also, if he formatted the OS i.e. Loaded a new (Windows Vista, 7 or 8 not sure about XP), check the C drive for the Windows.old folder. The old files are in there, under Users, I guess.
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by Whizzcute(m): 5:56am On Mar 27, 2015
DesChyko:
I know Tune-Up utilities can recover 'deleted' files. But formatting erases the pointers with which Tune Up works wih.
Also, if he formatted the OS i.e. Loaded a new (Windows Vista, 7 or 8 not sure about XP), check the C drive for the Windows.old folder. The old files are in there, under Users, I guess.
yeah,i was running Windows 7 ultimate,but when he formatted it,he loaded windows 7 professional...and there is no trace of the old files
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by DesChyko: 6:03am On Mar 27, 2015
Whizzcute:
yeah,i was running Windows 7 ultimate,but when he formatted it,he loaded windows 7 professional...and there is no trace of the old files
Then search for the Windows.old folder. Your files should be there under Users.
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by akinboyepelumi1: 6:08am On Mar 27, 2015
Get this Software "RecoverMyFiles" Install and run the program, It will recover everything U'v saved on d system from d day U bought that system till the last day U run this software.

I still used it for a friend 3days ago
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by pass111(m): 6:25am On Mar 27, 2015
DesChyko:
pls my tune up utility has expired... is there a way to register it without paying
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by Whizzcute(m): 6:28am On Mar 27, 2015
DesChyko:

Then search for the Windows.old folder. Your files should be there under Users.
Oga,i ve searched everywhere...the system is empty
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by DesChyko: 6:28am On Mar 27, 2015
pass111:

pls my tune up utility has expired... is there a way to register it without paying

Try any of these serial keys
TMACO-HRNAV-OZGB2-ADQKE-WC2K2-XCY2J
CM2Y3-UZMDJ-J4QVG-AALBE-2Y7AB-MCVVN
CMWKQ-B4ZNG-YABPT-QNRVM-XKBSX-PNISF
CMACS-XTNAV-OZGB2-ADNMR-AC4YJ-QVFVK
CMC62-BUNGF-HHRXJ-AKEOX-D6UON-AQJZH
CM36Z-CYDBB-OB4XR-QS6RN-26MJB-3ZTTP
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by DesChyko: 6:30am On Mar 27, 2015
Whizzcute:
Oga,i ve searched everywhere...the system is empty
Bad man.. Have no other idea.
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by Whizzcute(m): 7:06am On Mar 27, 2015
DesChyko:

Bad man.. Have no other idea.
ok,tnx shaa
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by Chyjoey(m): 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
Please i wanna load windows 8 on my laptop running windows 7...how do i do it without losing my files please because dy are very important..
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by pass111(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
DesChyko:

thanks bro
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by pass111(m): 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
DesChyko:

Sorry to bother you bro pls can u give the serials of autocad 2013
thanks.
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by DesChyko: 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
pass111:

Sorry to bother you bro pls can u give the serials of autocad 2013
thanks.

Product Key: 781E1
Serial: 110-10061620

Did any one of those for Tune Up work?
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by AlphaT(m): 2:04am On Mar 28, 2015
Chyjoey:
Please i wanna load windows 8 on my laptop running windows 7...how do i do it without losing my files please because dy are very important..
you'll need an external hard drive for that or maybe partition your PC HDD to store the files you want to backup. You can Google how to partition your PC HDD
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by pass111(m): 7:23am On Mar 28, 2015
DesChyko:

Product Key: 781E1
Serial: 110-10061620

Did any one of those for Tune Up work?
Yes they worked
thank you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by chudeTV: 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
Whizzcute:
Hi folks!!!

I gave a friend of mine my laptop last week,But when the guy brought it back yesterday i noticed he has formatted it without my knowledge with reasons best known to him,I lost everything on my hard drive both pictures,audios,Videos,documents ,softwares etc ........Please i need your aid in this matter,please anyone that has a solution for this should please help me ASAP...God bless you!!

Hello. First of all, when a hdd is formatted, the files are never really lost,well not immediately.The files get lost
When you have started filling in new files on the hdd, by that it overwrites the existing files. The process I am gonna describe to you is best done when you have two hdds, it is not adviseable to be using a hdd and still be trying to recover files from it. Let's say hdd1 has ur "formatted" files and you have already installed a new O.s on it and you still trying to recover old files from it. It is best u have another hdd2 installed with an O.s with hdd 1 also installed to the system - then recovery is almost sure. But since it is a laptop, u can use an external hdd casing.
If u don't want to go through all that stress u can still go about it like that.
So search and google "file scavenger" it is very light.
Select the hdd u wish to recover files from select destination to save them and start the process. Easy!! Depending on how large the hdd is and number of files it contained.it will take time. But will surely get ur files back.
Like I said, using another hdd to run file scavenger on hdd1 is the perfect way.

Source:
I have worked for a CCTV company before where I formatted a bank's CCTV hdd with 2 months recording. A couple of days recovering with file scavenger saved me my job.lol

Also done a couple of recoveries for staff system.

If u have any issues, feel free to hit me up.
Kindly visit www.chudetv.com for more computer how-to tutorials
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by Whizzcute(m): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
chudeTV:

Hello. First of all, when a hdd is formatted, the files are never really lost,well not immediately.The files get lost
When you have started filling in new files on the hdd, by that it overwrites the existing files. The process I am gonna describe to you is best done when you have two hdds, it is not adviseable to be using a hdd and still be trying to recover files from it. Let's say hdd1 has ur "formatted" files and you have already installed a new O.s on it and you still trying to recover old files from it. It is best u have another hdd2 installed with an O.s with hdd 1 also installed to the system - then recovery is almost sure. But since it is a laptop, u can use an external hdd casing.
If u don't want to go through all that stress u can still go about it like that.
So search and google "file scavenger" it is very light.
Select the hdd u wish to recover files from select destination to save them and start the process. Easy!! Depending on how large the hdd is and number of files it contained.it will take time. But will surely get ur files back.
Like I said, using another hdd to run file scavenger on hdd1 is the perfect way.

Source:
I have worked for a CCTV company before where I formatted a bank's CCTV hdd with 2 months recording. A couple of days recovering with file scavenger saved me my job.lol

Also done a couple of recoveries for staff system.

If u have any issues, feel free to hit me up.
Kindly visit www.chudetv.com for more computer how-to tutorials
Thanks
tnx
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by pass111(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
DesChyko:

Pls bro can you help me with IDM serials
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by DesChyko: 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
pass111:

Pls bro can you help me with IDM serials

Version?
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by pass111(m): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2015
DesChyko:

Version?
Thanks, never mind i just registered it now

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by Dacronym(m): 8:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
pass111:

Thanks, never mind i just registered it now
abeg how?
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by pass111(m): 9:04am On Apr 24, 2015
DesChyko:

Version?
I received a pop up telling me that I registered with a fake Serials
pls help me version 6.23
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by horllamy(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
Get this Software "RecoverMyFiles" Install and run the program, It will recover everything U'v saved on d system from d day U bought that system till the last day U run this software.

I still used it for a friend 3days ago

pls can explain how to use recovery file for me pls
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by jboixxx: 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
Windows.old is always on C: (root) when a fresh installation is made except if it was later deleted. If the later is the case, then, be ready to spend days recovering your files, but be assured, you won't get all your files back! Some will be unrecoverable due to overwritten of files therein. I just finished recovery task on my HDD. Was able to recover abt 80% (20% not recoverable). Meanwhile some files (videos and pix) were recovered bearing "new/interchanged names" with other files.
You can use recuva, easus recovery, and some listed above.
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by jameskits097: 7:22am On Mar 08, 2016
You may try this format recovery tutorial which helped me last time.
Re: How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good day, please my laptop just got formatted ur to virus attack, meanwhile all the files in it were saved on an external hard drive before formatting. Unfortunately, l the files on the external hard drive got missing, in short, it's destroyed. Now, I'm trying to recover my old files back on my system. Please how do I go about it?

(1) (Reply)

Ntdetect Failure,pls Help! / SMILE 4G MIFI FOR SALE@ GIVEAWAY PRICE / 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.