Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

I Ate Snakes :( - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Ate Snakes :( (609 Views)

Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] / Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God / Nairaland's Native Doctors. Pls Help!!! I Ate Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Ate Snakes :( by ConfessionsNgr: 10:49am On Mar 27, 2015
Only if I knew that eating could put one into trouble. It wasn't even intentional. We went on this excursion to this rural area, and we had a fun of fun. They had the best of natural everything. From food to palmwine to fruits and vegetables. The bush meats were particularly delicious. We also got to eat snakes too, I never knew they were that delicious and palatable. By the time we were leaving for school, I even came back with some. The meat actually doesn't even look like snake in appearance. I never saw it as an issue. Just two weeks ago, I got to visit my village for the first time since birth. I was happy to be finally home. I got to meet extended families members. But I noticed snakes occasionally crawled about, I made attempt to kill one and was prevented. They told me snakes are part of the community and it's a taboo to kill them or eat them. I couldn't believe my ears, especially the "eat them" part. I have been feeling nervous and easy since then, even though I don't know what happens to anybody who breaks the taboo. I've been having weird dreams since then. What should I do?

From www.confessionsnigeria.com Nigeria's first anonymous portal
Re: I Ate Snakes :( by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 27, 2015
Kill em More and eat them All grin
Re: I Ate Snakes :( by swaggzo(m): 11:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Taboos and other CrapShit still making waves across Africa. .
Even the lord God commanded in the Bible, we should "kill and eat" every other living thing he made. ( many cultures have failed to exclude human from their menu though)

Forget the taboo and "kill and eat ". The lord is your strength and shepherd. grin
Re: I Ate Snakes :( by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 28, 2015
Is it true they taste like chicken?
Re: I Ate Snakes :( by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nothing do you,just your conscience

(1) (Reply)

A Book From 1918 On How On Tribes Were Selected To Rule Over Others In Nigeria / Osun Osogbo Festival: Marking 10 Years Of World Acceptance / 16 Signs You Are Emotionally Intelligent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.