Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Ahead Of March 28 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Ahead Of March 28 (328 Views)

Senate Gives Buhari Final Warning Over Budget 2016 / Senate Gives Buhari Final Warning Over Budget 2016 / Buhari Final Pre-election Press Conference. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Ahead Of March 28 by ashson: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Ahead Of March 28

Two days to the Presidential Election, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari,presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress, shares his last message to Nigerians before the National Elections.

Dear Compatriots,
Time For Nigeria To Be Great Once Again.
I want to take this last opportunity, before we go to the polls on Saturday March 28 and April 11 respectively, to thank everyone who has supported our campaigns. I am humbled and grateful to have had the opportunity to meet so many of myfellow Nigerians who have helped to carry the message of change across our great country.

This is the fourth time that I would be standing for election as the President of Nigeria. All these years, I have been driven by a keen awareness of the potential greatness of our country and the desire to provide the true leadership that will unleash this huge potential.

I believe that a stable and prosperous Nigeria is not only important to Nigerians. It is also important to Africa and the rest of the world. The evidence of this is the unprecedented attention that our country will receive this weekend.

On Saturday, the whole world would wait with baited breath for the greatest black nationon earth to take charge of its destiny. We must therefore not miss the significance of this moment. We must not let ourselves and our country down.At no other time in our history is Nigeria in such an urgent need of strong and competent leadership.

Sadly, at no other time is this leadership so sorely absent in our country. We live in a time of great opportunities and great peril. It is only a leader that understands these in equal measure that can find the rightful place for Nigeria among the great Nations of the world.

I have travelled extensively around Nigeria in the last three months. In the course of my travels, I encountered directly, what I have always believed: that a Hausa man’s desire for security is not different from the Ijaw woman’s desire to feel secured in any part ofour country. An Igbo woman’s desire for her children to get quality education and find employment is not different from the Yoruba man’s dream for his children to become a useful member of our society. A wife’s desperate need for affordable and quality healthcare for her husband diagnosed with prostate cancer in Enugu is not different from a husband’s desire to save the life of his wife diagnosed with ovarian cancer in Lagos.

Invariably, our fears are the same; our dreams arethe same; and our problems are the same. Regardless of the language we speak, or the way we understand and worship God, whataffects anyone of us, affects everyone of us.Our economy is celebrated as the largest in Africa, yet our country is home to the continent’s highest number of people living in extreme poverty.

Our youth population is larger than the combined population of many of our neighbors, yet our failure to plan and create opportunities for them is turning them to a social time bomb rather than economic catalysts. A band of ragtag terrorist group has threatened our territorial integrity, killed thousandsof Nigerians, displaced our people and abducted our children. The almost 60, 000 Nigerians who havebecome refugees in neighboring countries represent a budding threat to sub-regional stability.

However, even in the face of these daunting challenges, I see a great opportunity for change. We have tostart by rebuilding the trust and confidence of Nigerians in their government. No citizen will respecta government under whose watch more than 200 girls were abducted. This singular act can only portray the government as insensitive, incompetent or both.

When I become president, reuniting these children with their families will, without doubts, be a top priority. Rebuilding the army and other security agencies will also bea top priority of my government. I will ensure that never again will terrorists find a safe haven in Nigeria.

Thank you.
Re: Buhari's Final Message To Nigerians Ahead Of March 28 by ashson: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
Sai Baba!!!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Overtakes Jonathan In Benue, Gets 250,000 Votes / Who Do You Want To Be The Next Nigerian President / My Message To President-elect GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.