Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) (4995 Views)

Why Ladies Shouldn't Go To Sleep With Underwear -health Experts / Young Boy Slowly Transforming Into A Stone Due To A Skin Condition (pics) / Advice Needed On Skin Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by radicalove(f): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2015
Please, what is the name, the cause and the solution to this baby's skin condition?? The baby is 7months old. It began from her right armpit, I feel it was from her creche she contacted it, please what do I do? I have gone to see her doctor, d cream he prescribed is not working on her, please help
Seun, please front page, so that I can get the required help I need.

Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2015
It's called iyi na obu in Igbo. Take him to the Health Centre now.
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by radicalove(f): 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
annazubi:
It's called iyi na obu in Igbo. Take him to the Health Centre now.
I have gone, but the cream they prescribed for her is not working for her. What is the english name for it please?
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by Seun(m): 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
Take him back and tell him that the cream he prescribed is not working. Don't play games with your baby's health please. Take him back quickly.

1 Like

Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by iyatrustee(f): 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
There is one flower that mothers boil and use to bath the child. It is a very popular plant reddish in colour. My child had it and it worked for me

4 Likes

Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
radicalove:

I have gone, but the cream they prescribed for her is not working for her. What is the english name for it please?
I don't know the Eng name. If u are in Lag take this picture (not necessarily the baby) to Oyingbo market and meet those market women selling 'agbo' (herbs) and show them the pic. They will give you herbs u ll use to bathe him and also the one he ll drink so the ones inside his body ll die.

1 Like

Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by radicalove(f): 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2015
iyatrustee:
There is one flower that mothers boil and use to bath the child. It is a very popular plant reddish in colour. My child had it and it worked for me
thank u very much, but will the child also drink part of the boiled reddish flower Please what is the name of this flower?
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by iyatrustee(f): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2015
This is the plant. I hope u can recognise it? You are to wash and boil, then use the water to bath the baby. Put a few drops in the mouth

4 Likes

Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by ElPhoche(m): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
That's likely impetigo. Take her to a doctor, preferably a paediatrician...

2 Likes

Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
Oh, it happens a lot with kids specially during hot weather, it is called oso oku in my village, will ask for the remedy sha. My mum use to apply caraman lotion ( don't know if I got the spelling right) when it happened with our last.

2 Likes

Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by dunhill20: 7:01am On Mar 28, 2015
Use what igbo people call Ori (Shea butter) mix with skineal inside a pot by heating in fire, keep in cool freezer for it to become solid and start rubbing on the baby. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by radicalove(f): 10:03am On Mar 28, 2015
dunhill20:
Use what igbo people call Ori (Shea butter) mix with skineal inside a pot by heating in fire, keep in cool freezer for it to become solid and start rubbing on the baby. Thank me later.
Are you serious?? I have these two items you mentioned, but what quantity of each is needed? Do you know of any baby that the solidified mixture worked for?? Please reply!
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by christopher123(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2015
radicalove:

Are you serious?? I have these two items you mentioned, but what quantity of each is needed? Do you know of any baby that the solidified mixture worked for?? Please reply!

Ori works well but if it doesn't pls try abuba eke (python fat) it works also ..there are msny treatment for skin
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by iyatrustee(f): 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
radicalove:
Please, what is the name, the cause and the solution to this baby's skin condition?? The baby is 7months old. It began from her right armpit, I feel it was from her creche she contacted it, please what do I do? I have gone to see her doctor, d cream he prescribed is not working on her, please help
Seun, please front page, so that I can get the required help I need.

Any improvement?
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by jaibang(m): 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
iyatrustee:
This is the plant. I hope u can recognise it? You are to wash and boil, then use the water to bath the baby. Put a few drops in the mouth
Yes, this is the solution
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by radicalove(f): 6:13am On Apr 18, 2015
iyatrustee:

Any improvement?

There is improvement, but there is another side to the whole stuff. Old ones go away while new ones appear and along the line, the mother has also caught the same infection, what should she do
Iyatrustee
Christopher123
Tochimas
Dunhill20
ElPhoche
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by Juzzybabe(f): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2015
I think just ori (Shea butter) should do the magic. Regular usage
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by prettyjo(f): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2015
go and visit a pediatrician and forget about all these traditional /herbal method.
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by ElPhoche(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
radicalove:

There is improvement, but there is another side to the whole stuff. Old ones go away while new ones appear and along the line, the mother has also caught the same infection, what should she do
Iyatrustee
Christopher123
Tochimas
Dunhill20
ElPhoche
Forget all those home remedies that you are being adviced to try out because you can have complications that you would not even want. My advice, just like Prettyjo, is to see a doctor, preferably a paediatric dermatologist. But any paediatrician will do. That stuff requires system antibiotics, not just lotion now, dear.... Impetigo is known to be very contagious, and it usually develops wherever the fluid/pus touches. That's probably why the mother is now affected.

2 Likes

Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by babythug(f): 9:51am On May 05, 2015
Looks like impetigo(medical name) to me. Start adding savlon to her bath water and i think it's whitfield's ointment that can help clear it. You can also google impetigo and see if the symptoms match.

Hope this helps wink
Re: Health Experts, Please What Is The Solution To This Baby's Skin Condition(photo) by babythug(f): 9:53am On May 05, 2015
tochimas:
Oh, it happens a lot with kids specially during hot weather, it is called oso oku in my village, will ask for the remedy sha. My mum use to apply caraman lotion ( don't know if I got the spelling right) when it happened with our last.

Calamine lotion. But that usually used for measles and some other skin rashes. This baby seems to have impetigo!

(1) (Reply)

Doctors In The House Please Help Me / How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? / Nigerian Govt Spends Over N16 Billion On Disease Control Since 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.