Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto (39276 Views)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo / The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by lalasticlala(m): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
WHEN Nigerians file out to vote for the President on Saturday, March 28, they would be confronted by the not-so-easy task of opting for change which the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari offers or continue with President Goodluck Jonathan’s transformation agenda which the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has made its mantra.

And to make your choice a bit easier, ENCOMIUM Weekly unveils the major campaign promises of the two leading presidential candidates.

JONATHAN

The presidential candidate of the ruling PDP, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan anchors his campaign for the 2015 election on continuation of his transformation agenda, which he clearly articulated in 2011. The thrust of his new manifesto is more of consolidation of his modest achievements since he assumed office on May 29, 2011.

JOB CREATION

The Jonathan administration is going to take job creation serious. With a promise of two million jobs per annum, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has promised to check the growth rate of unemployment.

AGRICULTURE

With the current growth of agriculture at seven to eight per cent, according to official figures, President Jonathan has pledged to sustain the ongoing reforms in the sector.

GROWING THE ECONOMY

President Goodluck Jonathan has also assured he would sustain the growth of Africa’s largest economy. The Federal Government hopes to expand the rebased economy and ensure real growth despite the challenges of dwindling oil revenue. The PDP-led government has also pledged to continue to diversify the economy.

INFRASTRUCTURE

President Jonathan promised to address the infrastructure deficit in the country in key development areas such as power, transportation, housing, information communication technology (ICT), FCT and Niger Delta.

From the PDP manifesto, the revitalization, modernization and expansion of the rails as well as road rehabilitation are part of work to be done in this sector.

POWER

In its transformation agenda that covers the power sector, the Jonathan administration promised to invest about N1.896 trillion to improve this infrastructure. And with the successes his regime flaunts, Jonathan has now pledged to increase generation and distribution of electricity if re-elected on March 28, 2015.

Interestingly, the present administration claims it has generated more electricity than any past government with over 4,500 MW. According to the president, generation transmission lines also increased from 3,000km to 6,500km. In the years ahead, the President assures things would get better.

EDUCATION

Education is also a major issue in the PDP manifesto. The Jonathan administration has, therefore, resolved to fund the sector adequately. The PDP government equally desires to increase school enrolment, especially at the primary level and create more access to education through creative funding of schools.

HEALTH SECTOR

The thrust of President Jonathan’s manifesto in the health sector is the National Strategic Health Development Plan (NSHDP). He has also promised to pursue policies and programmes to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Vision 20:2020.

WOMEN AND YOUTH EMPOWERMENT

Gender equality is also given priority in Jonathan’s campaign. He has, therefore, assured Nigerians that women would even get more 35 per cent of appointments in his cabinet so as to close the yawning gap between them and men. Youths would also continue to benefit from the various empowerment programmes like the SURE-P and Youwin.

MUHAMMADU BUHARI

Anti-corruption, National Security top BUHARI’s agenda

FOR the APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, his major campaign promises are more like a covenant with Nigerians to enable him bring about the change they desire. And here is Buhari’s agenda if he wins the 2015 presidential election.

CORRUPTION

The mantra of anti-corruption resonates in General Buhari’s manifesto.

“I believe if Nigeria does not kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria,” he declared.

He said he would publicly declare his assets if elected president and wage serious anti-corruption war against culprits through a National Anti-Corruption Strategy.

Access to justice and respect for fundamental human rights.

The APC presidential candidate equally pledged to run a government that protects citizens’ fundamental human rights. In fact, he said he would lead a government founded on values that promote and protect these rights synonymous with democracy.

INSURGENCY AND SECURITY

Buhari also pledged to take the issue of security serious. He promised that under his watch, no force, external or internal will overtake even an inch of Nigerian soul. He also assured he would rescue the Chibok girls.

In summary, General Buhari said he would deliver a marshal plan on insurgency, terrorism, ethnic and religious violence and rural banditry.

HEALTH

On health, Buhari has a Health Sector Review Policy to ensure health for all Nigerians irrespective of their status.

EDUCATION

Buhari has also vowed to restore the lost glory of education by implementing reforms that would bring quality back into schools. He would also position tertiary institutions to provide market-relevant skills to youths as well as improve school enrolment.

AGRICULTURE

Agriculture is equally a priority in the APC manifesto. He hopes that the sector would be a major revenue earner as oil prices fall.

INCLUSIVE ECONOMY

In his covenant with Nigerians, General Buhari acknowledges that millions of Nigerians live below poverty level. So, his Presidency aspires to benefit majority of the people through a better management of the economy.

BUILDING REFINERIES

General Buhari has also promised to reform the oil sector, build four refineries and unbundle the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), if elected President.

- UCHE OLEHI

http://encomium.ng/inside-buhari-jonathan-manifestoes/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by vjsmiles: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
with those manifesto's buhari has a better governing scheme...
with corruption and insurgency and security included in his manifesto we can enjoy power education and all those included in gej manifesto...

GMB come saturday...
click like for buhari and share for gej

571 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by ozoigbondu: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ is own is better for me and more realistic .lnsurgency will soon be a thing of the past..........how can pa buhari who is sponsorsed by the asiwaju of corruption the king of theives himself tinubu fight corruption.His bed mates include
sarki,Amaechi,Atiku, chinwoke mbadniju the worst governor God cursed my state with and all those corrupt past speaker of house of rep.

Fellow Nigerians we implore you all to troop out this saturday in droves and

J=Join
O=Other
N=Nigerians
A=Achieve
T=Transformed,
H=Healthy,
A=Adorable
N=Nation

Let the transformation contuine.......GEJ till 2019

208 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
Wow..
Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Collynzo419: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
It is not just the quality of manifestos that is important but it is how those plans are actualized.

-Jonathan

GEJ had a laudable manifesto in 2011 - he promised to create jobs and end youth employment, he promised Nigerians stable electric supply, security and the reduction in corrupt practices. What did he deliver to Nigerians? The exact opposite, youth employment has doubled, electric supply is worse off, Nigeria became a haven for terrorists under his administration.

He is an incompetent, corrupt, non-performing and divisive leader. His defeat tomorrow will come as a great news to the majority of Nigerians

Good riddance to bad rubbish

-Buhari

The APC has clearly outlined a well thought out and practical set of ideas to transit Nigeria from the current shambolic state to the level in which we all desire. It is clear that security and corrupt are the utmost challenges and no other leader in the history of modern Nigeria has the qualities to stem this challenges- General Buhari is the man to bring peace back to Nigeria, curtail corruption and lay a foundation for the actualisation of the Dream Nigeria we all desire.

Nigerians are solidly behind Buhari and expect him to hit the ground running when he wins tomorrow.

Change is here

#wehavedecided

278 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
Both of them have a very good manifesto,but one of them have failed to make the manifesto work successfuly and that person is goodluck jonathan,

another person will surely implement his own manifesto successfully and that person is the incoming president general muhammadu okechukwu babatunde buhari...he has done it before and he will do it again...

Wakacome

197 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by loomer: 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
Oya, time don reach make una de insult una slf APC/PDP mugu dem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Charliewyt: 2:19pm On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ may not have lived up to expectations, he is not perfect cos nobody is.
I sincerely hate the way he handled:

(1) The boko haram activities,

(2) Job creation, if he had done better our fellow citizens shouldn't have died in NIS recruitment,

(3) Education, I can't easily forget the series of stricts we had during his regime. Just to mention but a few.

BUT I CAN'T IMAGINE CASTING MY VOTE FOR GMB

Because the worst we can achieve with GEJ is to remain stagnant , should GMB take the lead and he chose to mess up, having the support of the likes of Bola Tinubu and OBJ our backwardness as a country will know no bound.

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT WILL BE VOTING, I PRAY YOU GO IN PEACE AND COME BACK IN PEACE.

the political ambitions of any body doesn't worth the blood of the least Nigerian.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
Buhari's manifesto is superb. Better than the manifesto of the clueless dunce.

Change is eminent!

Sai President Buhari!

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
The major difference is:

We do not believe GEJ

But we believe

Mr Integrity

Jeremiah 38:26 "Then thou shalt say unto them, I presented my supplication before the king, that he would not cause me to return to JONATHAN'S house, to die there"

SAI BABA

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by kendrick9(m): 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan
winning has never been in doubt...
come tomorrow buhari shall be
defeated again..
Vote Gej till 2019

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by adaweezy(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
Hmmm
Please vote change

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by sCun: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2015
Who dash Buhari manifesto? I bet he cannot state a single line of that manifesto. Have you heard him speak for more than 2 minutes at any rally?
Allow him do so and watch him say things that are contrary to what is contained in the fake manifesto.

21 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by kendrick9(m): 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2015
vjsmiles:
with those manifesto's buhari has a better governing scheme...
with corruption and insurgency and security included in his manifesto we can enjoy power education and all those included in gej manifesto...

GMB come saturday...
click like for buhari and share for gej
if buhari is against corruption then why is the likes of tinubu,ameachi etc his party mates.. or are u just blinded by buharism that u can't see the truth and be objective?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Etumgbe(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2015
All I know be say GEJ must win whether manifesto or not

20 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by CR77(f): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
Over winning dey worry oga jona

manifesto or not GEJ till 2019

12 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by natureblack(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
[b]Curiously,Buhari's manifesto,which is written for a country in the midst of war with the terrorist,the section on security does not include specific reference on how he would tackle boko-haram.Is this an oversight or reflection of Buhari's attitude to boko-haram?Oh,I see.Boko-Haram will cease fire immediately he is announced winner.

The document,over all,suffers from presumptuousness and over-ambitiousness.You would think Buhari has control over all the variables.When he states that he would "Make our economy one of the fastest growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging at least 10-12 percent annually".I want to ask him to be more elaborate on how he can control economy growth rate.

I also observed that Buhari seems to assume an unlimited supply of finances and not shy to spend.For instance,under "Economy",he says he would "Create a social welfare programme of at least #5000 that will cater to the 25million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children's enrollment in schools and evidence of immunization to help promote family stability.(And)Provide allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members Twelve(12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes".[/b]

Where does he expect the money to fund these lofty ideas to come from ?Perhaps those who helped him revise his manifesto forget to accommodate extant realities ! angry angry angry

26 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Kelklein(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
[color=990000] [size=22pt] ‘Four years are enough for anyone to make significant improvement, and if I can’t improve on power within this period, then it means I cannot do anything.’ -GEJ (2010)

No govt can fix Nigeria in 4years. Nigerians should be patient with us as even Rome wasn't built in a day. - Same GEJ (Jan 2015) [/size] [/color]

[size=20pt][color=770077] my take is: Let us remind the president that if truly Rome was not built in a day, Rome is also not built forever. The President has failed to deliver by his own timelines and he should patiently wait for Nigerians to pass their verdict over the incompetence of his administration [/color][/size]

#Voteoutcluelessness

#IhaveaPVC

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Misogynist2014(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
#Teambuhari

12 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Burger01(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
Buhari's manifesto makes sense die cheesy

Sai Buhari joor!

Jonathan! Never, Never, NEVER again! angry

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by korel9: 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
K
Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by motunolani02: 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
X
Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Zico5(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
Which manifesto is GEJ still talking about after 6 years. Only the brainwashed and fools will still have confidence in this government. They think everyone is fool that can be tossed here and there with little. We deserve better than what we have seen in 16 years rule of PDP. We re more wiser now, let's go there and sweep cluelessness out once and for all. We re ready for change. Eni ko dun month ko fori sole. Team south west

11 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by snowland(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
Both of them have laudable manifestos but if I can remember, the same issues were in the manifesto of PDP 4 years ago, and it is glaring even to the blinds on the street that PDP failed in fulfilling the electoral promises of 2011. We can not expect to get a different result while we are still holding on to the same ways of doing things. As for me,

[size=18pt]GMB all d way...[/size]

25 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by DONOCSO(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
As you go to vote, choose someone that will meet the The Many Expectations Of Nigerians In 2015
Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Mogidi: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Buhari has no real manifesto, it was all "I will fight corruption, I will defeat boko haram".

The above issues have been defeated.

Nigeria has moved up the rankings of "Transparency international. The enabling environment that favours looters have been blocked eg fertilizer scam, ghost workers etc
Boko is almost non existent now, what else does the APC have to campaign with?

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Nmeri17: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
owky since Buhari is so concerned about corruption why don't we make him EFCC chairman??

Shay na anti corruption we go chop?? na anti corruption go create jobs for graduates dem??

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
I didn't even know GMB had a manifesto.

I thought it was just to fight corruption.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by synergycom19: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Did GEJ have any manifestos?does he even know the meaning?GEJ is a gifted Vice/deputy, and not a leader in a leading role.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by phlio(m): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by johnsonsegxy: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
I declare the best candidate victory....

I am neutral...

God bless everyone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto by TEMABOYgh: 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2015
PLEASE WHAT IS ELECTION .... I HAVE HEARING PEOPLE MURMURING AROUND WITH THE WORD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Are Atiku, Tinubu In Secret Moves To Float 3rd Force? / 60th Birthday Messages To Oluremi Tinubu On The Nations Newspaper (Video) / Emir Sanusi Chilling With Obasanjo In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.