Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! (15797 Views)

TransAsia Plane Crashes Into River In Taiwan, Killing At Least 12 / Taiwan Plane Crash Kills 47 People And Injures 11 / Uncharged Cellphones Banned On US Flights From Africa And Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Afroprince(m): 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2009
Hi Nairalanders, I've been thinking lately of relocating to Taiwan or China, I wanna do my masters in Information Technology and as well use that opportunity to look out for untapped areas of the Asian countries. Since i was a kid, I've never had dreams of living in the US, Canada, Europe and UK, it has always been Asia and i feel I've a connection with them. I have a good job here but seriously tired of the banking industry and its pressure, been a DJ/TV presenter before too,so i think my versatility may help settle well abroad, what do u think? I've been to Qatar and UAE but right now I'm thinking CHINA and TAIWAN seriously, I'll appreciate anyone with 1st hand experience of living in Taiwan preferably to e-mail me at info4fado@yahoo.com, I'll appreciate to hear from y'all with useful info, I've goggled all i need to know but from my experience of traveling its always better to also get facts from people live or been to your desired destination,hope to hear from you here or via e-mail,thanks a millions!! Infact lets share the info on this thread because people may get enlightened with the information, School agents in Taiwan and China are also welcome to drop there contacts here, but please ensure you are genuine.
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by GBGHOSTBOY: 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2009
@Afroprince

I'm not trying to discourage you.Dreams can be attain. Taiwan doesn't accept Nigerians anymore. It's been ages since Nigerians studied in this country, Taiwan don't accept Nigeria students and no university will attend to you. Most Nigerians living in Taiwan came here through business means back in the days and Taiwan doesn't issue visa anymore, student visa,marriage visa and business visa, they don't issue.This is the fact.Take it or leave it.Well, good luck.
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Treetop20(m): 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2009
Afroprince:

Hi Nairalanders, I've been thinking lately of relocating to Taiwan or China, I wanna do my masters in Information Technology and as well use that opportunity to look out for untapped areas of the Asian countries. Since i was a kid, I've never had dreams of living in the US, Canada, Europe and UK, it has always been Asia and i feel I've a connection with them. I have a good job here but seriously tired of the banking industry and its pressure, been a DJ/TV presenter before too,so i think my versatility may help settle well abroad, what do u think? I've been to Qatar and UAE but right now I'm thinking CHINA and TAIWAN seriously, I'll appreciate anyone with 1st hand experience of living in Taiwan preferably to e-mail me at info4fado@yahoo.com, I'll appreciate to hear from y'all with useful information, I've goggled all i need to know but from my experience of traveling its always better to also get facts from people live or been to your desired destination,hope to hear from you here or via e-mail,[b]thanks a millions!! [/b]Infact lets share the information on this thread because people may get enlightened with the information, School agents in Taiwan and China are also welcome to drop there contacts here, but please ensure you are genuine.

you are welcomes cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Afroprince(m): 10:59pm On Jan 25, 2009
@ GBGHOSTBOY, thanks for your contribution bro, contacted a school already and the are very willing to accept me, de person in-charge of Int'l students wrote me herself, maybe the ve changed their mind again or maybe the think i'm genuine! anyways, i appreciate ur contribution! I will try it out and c how it goes, @Treetop20,caught the joke,i've noted it,thanks!
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by J4real(m): 6:42am On Jan 26, 2009
@ AfroPrince

Sup bro!well my advice to you is to get somebody in govt to back you up on the visa cuz Taiwan visa seems to be super hard these days.the thing there is that most schools are gonna want you to come and register at their school but that's not the major part,the main part is the visa  processing,this govt is so mean with their visa not to any other african country but to Nigerians,it's like they hated  us with Passion.I myself use to study here back in the days several years ago until they cut  us out, all Nigerians from studying in Taiwan,so those days if you are a nigerian applying to register for school then,most schools always reject  you and tell you that Nigerians are not allow to study in Taiwan which can be so frustrating,so from what you said that somebody from one of the schools wrote you,maybe they have changed that policy of disallowing Nigerians from studying here.But like i said before, the main part is the visa. Now I'm still living here and doing business here but still it hasn't been easy because of their harsh govt policy against us here.Even all my friends that use to come here for business can't get a visa anymore,they use to come here and do their business then go back home after few weeks.some of the naija boys that get married to taiwanese ladies couldn't get back into to the country after traveling outta the country,and now their wives are on their own without husbands,some of my friends that took their girl friends home to marry got rejected and they refused to give them visa even though they came with their fiancee's, so after several months  of marriage visa  frustration,their ladies have no choice to continue staying in Nigeria,so they went back to Taiwan and move on with their life and those guys are now back in nigeria struggling to make a living back there.all because of this govt hatred on nigerians,The thing is that they are taking the anger from the battle between them and naija govt on us nigerians saying that Nigeria and Taiwan does not have any diplomatic  relation, so because of that  they don't want us to be coming to Taiwan,that our govt doesnt regard them,that they only regard Chinese govt.So its a government verses government battle at the end of the day,but they are taking it on us nigerians which is very bad and unfair.The kind of treatment some Nigerians here had gone through and the bad experience is inexplainable,but other than that if you can be able to make it with the visa and come and do your thing is not gonna be that bad,just respect yourself,try not to get yourself into any trouble,always respect the law and the citizens of taiwan,then you'll be ok.On the other hand if you are gonna be looking for a job then just bear it in mind that you gonna meet a  brick wall cuz finding job here now are very hard unlike before,few years ago,you can definitely get a job withing a short period of time after arriving here but not anymore.but if you are lucky you might get someone who's gonna connect you to one of the tedious job some of our guys do here.I  understand the aspect of trying to achieve your dreams and goals but if you ask me I'll say that the good job and the life you have in Nigeria now is definitely better than what you are going to experience here.It took some of us here years to finally blend in.I just dont want you to shoot yourself on the foot that's all,and I"m not discouraging you but I'm just telling  you the real fact. As a brother,I believe that you need to know what's on the ground before making your moves so that you won't be shock when you come here.But hey!like they said,we can't take because of the killings and not go to war.So my point is that you can't take because of all these things and not pursue your goals and dreams.Then on the good side of taiwan,1st of all,its one of the most convenient country to live in the world,its very safe,very adaptable and you can also make a good living if you can get a good job,but that's super hard and might take you  several months or years to get that,some people that didn't make it,got frustrated and went back home,it takes alot of courage and hardworking for one to survive here.Then on the studying part,I think  this country is also good on the stuff that you want to study cuz they are very good at technology.That's all I got to say.good luck with everything especially the visa cuz you gonna need it.
Take care,
thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Afroprince(m): 3:05pm On Jan 26, 2009
@ J4real, brother u r da bomb! u've just told me all i need to know cos u've got da experience living there, i'm actually beginning to think twice. God! wht can we do abt our country? every country seems to be very uneasy with us in their country,its becoming unbearable. During my vacation in Dubai, i saw most of our people doing 2weeks in 2weeks out and the kind of life the live there bro, very pathetic although some are doing nice jobs too, Infact a Naija guy defrauded me of 500AED but i later caught him tho!, but due to brotherly love i 4gave him. The skool i wanna attend is lovely and got facilities for IT and thats my major attraction, secondly its cheap man! I'm really disappointed with da whole thing, i can pay de fees and take care of myself but i got a family back home here and need to take care of em too so i need a place i can study and work, so i'm actually considering looking elsewhere in Asia, cos its gotta be Asia for my IT. India would've been it but for the recent attacks, i'm scared. I really appreciate you bro, thanks and if u got more advice on any other country that is accesible for Genuine Naija people who really wanna study, especially for an IT course, pls hola at me ok, thanks a lot!
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by sammyafrik: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2009
hello fellow nairalander am aa nigeria and i have travel to some of the country in africa but am the travel dream is to get to there dream country , for me i can tell u that the most peacfull place to live in middle east is eypt i have stay there for 10 months and i no the live there , right now am thing of moving to hong kong or japan or south korea or tawain but i will never go to china not even for a tour, i heard that hong kong is a good place but who knowns i need to get there before i believe it , my dad is a guinean while my mother is 9jer for life, i first travel to egypt with my 9jer passport but when i get there it was not way out ffor me becos am with 9jer passport , then now i came back to guinea to guinean passport which i found out it a free visa to hong kong and some asia country including south americans even it has a free tranist visa in all the good EU airport, i found out and see that 9jer people with 9jer passport are bee bleeped up all over the world even this common ghana too . but now that am using my guinean passport am more less free everwhere i go .at most airport they dont question me much like they use to do for nigerians i will love to get more information about hong kong and tawain cos am not going there with my 9jer passport am going there with my guinean passport , if u want to talk to me u chat with me with any help u need sam23wisdom@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by J4real(m): 8:32am On Jan 27, 2009
@Afroprince,

You are very welcome brother! my next suggestion for you is south Korea.If you can be able to get a Korean visa then that will be great.I think Korea will be great for what you want to do.You can do your IT there and also work to make a living in other to take care of your family back home.But be very careful and make sure that you'll go through the right source to avoid bein dupe again cuz there are lots of them out there that wanna take your money all in the name of getting you a visa.good luck and god bless.
take care.
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Thadude(m): 3:50pm On Jan 27, 2009
Good convo, @J4real thanks for ur contribution, now we know there some good sensible nairalanders.
Who will say it as it is without interest or bias and not telling people what they wanna hear.
I agree South Korea gives u a better option to Taiwan in terms of work, school and even language, english is widely spoken in Korea and they can be very friendly. Race wise, u're gonna be widely acceptable. If ur english is polished, it will make things easier for u, cos u will attract attention easily. Work ur way thro' the colleges online and satisfy all requirement you shouldnt have a problem with the embassy if u work closely with the school. Once u've made ur payment and statisfy necessary condition to study, ask the sch to do u a favor and fax same docs to the embassy that will set u apart and give u a standing with the embassy, cos some sch dont do that. They wait for the embassy to call them and confirm ur docs. You might wanna scan for the fax number of the embassy via google and forward it to them when the time is ripe.

1 Like

Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by sammyafrik: 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2009
hong kong and tawain which is better ? to live and to school and get a better life like u have always wish ?
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Thadude(m): 12:04am On Jan 28, 2009
@sammyafrik,
U're funny, first of all, i m amazed by the number of times u mentioned guinean and 9ja passports. Hong Kong is fucking expensive u dont wanna try that place take my advice no matter the free visa level available. Tho! beautiful and full of life. There isnt any way to live cheap in hong kong, ur money flies out of ur pocket like u're being robbed my an invincible thief. You would know from d airport cos' every govt bill is passed on to d consumer. there are sights to behold tho!, one of which is the hong kong tunnel, which is a tunnel completely under sea and the only link to the city from d airport cos the airport itself is on sea.
It will be foolish of any body to solicit for Guinean passports especially for the purpose of going to Hong Kong in this age and time. Guinea is a french country, while Nigeria is english, think!
Hong Kong immigration dont Joke when they see a black man that is holding a visa free passport, be ready to sign that signature multiple times, say the country's national athem and answer history questions with relation to guinea.
So!, what u dont know about dont come fronting based on visa search information or greed to make money. Their immigration is well equipt to handle immigration fraud besides they have officers who speak french!, also did u tell them the consequences of using a fraudulent passport?, well i'll leave that for the user to find out. With this age one doesnt require to use any other passport rather than that of his country. "No be by force or desperation to travel", If only the desperate onces would always remember that.
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by J4real(m): 11:30am On Jan 28, 2009
@Tha_Dude,Thanks alot for da the nice comment bro!I appreciated that,I'm just glad that i can contribute.I'm also glad that you came up with your own south Korean contributions too,that was very good the way you explained all the things about living and studying there including their lifestyle.

@Sammyafrik, try Japan If you are sure about your guinean passport and that you can back it up cuz everthing Tha_dude mentioned about the passport checking is true,its not not about having Guinean passport alone is about bein able to back it up cuz most of all these airport will examine tha hell outta you if they ever suspect or think that you are not a real citizen of that country ,they will try and get you to speak french which is guinean national language,they will try and call the embassy to come and ask you some question about guinea,then if you fell all these test,Then!they either detain or deport you back.So you need be aware of what you are doing and and know much about the passport you are holding and the country.Then in terms of hong kong and taiwan,I will suggest Taiwan If its true that your dad is from guinea like you said,then with that your guinean passport you'll get a taiwan visa cuz guinea and Taiwan have diplomatic relationship,so they are nice to guineans here but if you can't defend that passport ,then don't bother comin here cuz taiwan got state of the art kinda technology at their airport that can examine that passport at the same time ask you alot of question, they'll call the the embassy,ask you where you live in guinea and try and make some phone call over there to confirm if you are telling the truth.and if you are lieing,then you better get ready to go to jail after that cuz they don't mess around,you also mentioned that you wanna work,which is impossible here for you to get a job right now in taiwan except for da tedious job which is also hard to get,most guinean citizens that are studying here in taiwan don't work here,they are into their study full time cuz its illegal to study and work in taiwan,students are not allow to work here,you'll get deported if you get caught.Thats why i suggest Japan for you,if you can be able to get their visa,but just know the risk in using that passport.But I don't understand why you are castigating Naija over guinea when your mom is nigerian like you said,Do you think she's gonna be happy to here you say all that stuff about her own country,look! I Understand the humiliation of holding that green passport and i always experience that bad treatment whenever i travel which is very degradin and upsetting but I still prefer to be a Nigerian than a guinean,you just can compare both countries bro!the difference is huge,I know guinean and most of all these small african countries got more advantage over us in terms of using their passport to travel but still they dont have what we have.Nigeria have the most aggresive business leaders in africa as a whole,I can go all day.they got the highest number of black doctors,nurses,engineers,authors,lawyers,intellectuals and very intelligent people all over the world,you name it.And these are the things that makes me proud as a Nigerian,besides i would'nt be who i am today if i am not a nigerian.this country got so much potentials and talent that are wasting there which always makes me sad.I don't hate the fact that i am a Nigerian,I hate the fact the we are unlucky with our leaders,which is why its hard to believe that upon all the resources that we got,people are still dying of hunger everyday,its unbelievable.I can go on and talk about all these things all day but there's no point cuz its all been said before and it aint gonna make any difference. I bleed inside my heart when i travel around the world especially here in Asia and see all the enormous development and achievement that has been goin on around here asia and the rest of the world, all i usually ask myself is are we ever gonna have all this development in our country,when are we going to have them,And you know what! I believe that it will happen ,its only a matter of time.None of us ever believe that a black guy will ever be an american president in our life time,but it just happened,even sooner than we thought.See! people are chantin Obama this Obama that,but the matter of fact is WE HAVE THOUSANDS AND MILLIONS OF OBAMA IN NIGERIA,its just that the crooks in government that are holding us hostage will never allow that to happen,they won't let ppl like that to get any where near that post and if they try to get up there, they'll get them killed which is why they nicknamed it do or die lol.We need good leaders that can turn things around,reverse the country and put it back on the map.leaders who can make that country great again and take it back to where it belong.Why do all this country treat us like nothing,its because they know that we got a foreign affairs minister that doen'snt know what his job is, he doesn't know what he's been paid for,a foreign affairs minister that can't even defend the citizens of the country added up with Nigerian foreign policy wjich made things worst cuz it doesnt favor it citizens,so now you know why all these countries love and enjoy giving us all that treatment cuz they know that no matter whatever they do to us that they can get away with it,that our govt ain't gonna do shit!A government that's covered with incompetent ministers,visionless leaders that don't know what they a paid to do.Jeeeeeeeeeeez even the poorest african countries that can't even compete with any of the major big states in nigeria treats us like shit at their airport,can you believe that.I'm looking forward to days and years that i will stand tall and proud and present my green passport at many of these countries airport and said yeeeeeeeeees I'm a Nigerian,they aint gonna treat you like shit cuz they will know the prize to pay.And that will only be posible if Nigeria become a force to reckon with,a real giant, a good big brother that other african countries can look up to,it also requires that our foreign policy will start to favor it citizens with someone in charge who knows his or her job as a foreign minister.Americans enjoy theirs because it favors them,so why can't ours be the same. well thats all I got to say for now,I'm out.God bless our lovely country Nigeria and the entire africa.peace out.
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Afroprince(m): 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2009
Its really lovely to get to know some info you guys are dropping here, i mean its hot! well S.Korea is nice but i think the fees are comparable to that of the U.S. and UK which makes it not so good for budget students. I'm actually seeking a place i can pay less and yet get the best out of it, Truly China and Taiwan stands in that category, but China? heard a lot abt how Nigerians are being treated but i believe if u;ve got respect 4urself, u wont be treated any how! I stand to be corrected if u think otherwise 'cos i've not been there. We Naija ve our faults too, sometimes we stoop so low and dont even respect ourselves in foreign lands. Ya de stigma of the green passport cannot be finished in a century but we should try some re-orientations within ourselves, family and friends and hopefully it could spread all over Naija Bloods, i think its hi time we stood up this modern day intimidation and harassement. I will carry out a further research on Universities in South Korea, if i can get one the tuition is in the region of 450k - 500k then that means i'm game if not, i may relax and continue my job here till i decide what i'm gonna do with my dreams of pursuing an M.sc in IT. Thanks to everyone that contributed to my thread and pls lets continue to share the knowledge we've acquired via experince on this forum, it helps a great deal, I will apprciate more views about Studying in Asia, if u are a student in any of the universities out there in Asia,no matter where, pls share ur experiences with us, One Love Naija!
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by sammyafrik: 10:38pm On Jan 28, 2009
thanks @Tha_Dude. i can understand how u feel becos u have not use another passport to travel b4 , and make u have not been to many airport in your life b4 , having a country passport does not mean u have to speak the language of the country what really matter is to the airport immigration is that they dont wany to see a fake or frud passport .i have seek a british citizen who can not speak a good english . does it really matter if i can spaek french or not what matter is that the passport is not a fake, is it all guinean that can speak french i did not grew up in guinea i grew up in sierra leone and went to school there and in nigeria too, my dad basement is sierra leone. so no matter what the immigration does i will alway back it up cos i have the proof, think well before u say some my bother, but anyway thanks for your informations, i think i will still check out for hong kong or south korea, then i want to try and get my way to new zealand, do u think it could be easy ?when u have the resident over there ,
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by darkroll(m): 7:49am On Jan 29, 2009
Sammy you are right there , You dont have to speak the country language to have the country passport ( I got a Seychelles passport and i dont speak the language )
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by sammyafrik: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2009
hello darkroll , how are u doing , they are people u need to teach them more about traveling and about airport have u travel out with your sychells passport b4, , i think we need to link up give me your e mail and let chat
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Thadude(m): 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2009
@Darkroll
dont mislead the desperate onces.
When u said u dont have to speak a language before using a foreign passport u're right!, u dont have to speak the language if u obtained the passport legally, via mariage or citizenship award for bravery.
Because even when suspected documentary will prove u legally obtained it.
I dont know how u got the passport u're using but if its not a legal tender save it.
If i'm not mistaking English is widely spoken in seychelles cos' its a former british zone and among the commonwealth of nations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by sammyafrik: 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2009
Tha_Dude. i can understand u very well , which country are u in now ,
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Thadude(m): 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2009
Obamaland, USA.
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by sammyafrik: 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2009
have u been to tawain b4 or hong kong? can we chat on yahoo messenager if u wish sam23wisdom@yahoo.com what is yours
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Thadude(m): 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2009
Hong Kong, 2001
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by abmart: 11:51am On Feb 06, 2009
That is nice, but you can get South korea visa or China at a very cheap price.
2 or 3 people are needed who like to travel to Canada, France, Uk, Australia or Holand via Laos in Asia lates by first week of march 2009, only serious minded people should get in touch through abmartconsult1@yahoo.com or call 07068375795.
NB: Two people travelling documents are ready now and we need two or three people to joing.
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by expoos: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
cool
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by REDDEVILS1(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2017
Good boss. I will love to come to Taiwan for business. I deal on car parts. Please I want to know what's involved and how to go about it

1 Like

Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by uckennety(m): 6:13am On Mar 11, 2019
REDDEVILS1:
Good boss. I will love to come to Taiwan for business. I deal on car parts. Please I want to know what's involved and how to go about it

Did u later succeed?
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by REDDEVILS1(m): 6:17am On Mar 11, 2019
uckennety:

Did u later succeed?
No Bro
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by uckennety(m): 8:23am On Mar 25, 2019
Afroprince:
@ GBGHOSTBOY, thanks for your contribution bro, contacted a school already and the are very willing to accept me, de person in-charge of Int'l students wrote me herself, maybe the ve changed their mind again or maybe the think i'm genuine! anyways, i appreciate ur contribution! I will try it out and c how it goes, @Treetop20,caught the joke,i've noted it,thanks!

Are you in Taiwan now
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by uckennety(m): 8:26am On Mar 25, 2019
J4real:
                             @ AfroPrince

Sup bro!well my advice to you is to get somebody in govt to back you up on the visa cuz Taiwan visa seems to be super hard these days.the thing there is that most schools are gonna want you to come and register at their school but that's not the major part,the main part is the visa  processing,this govt is so mean with their visa not to any other african country but to Nigerians,it's like they hated  us with Passion.I myself use to study here back in the days several years ago until they cut  us out, all Nigerians from studying in Taiwan,so those days if you are a nigerian applying to register for school then,most schools always reject  you and tell you that Nigerians are not allow to study in Taiwan which can be so frustrating,so from what you said that somebody from one of the schools wrote you,maybe they have changed that policy of disallowing Nigerians from studying here.But like i said before, the main part is the visa. Now I'm still living here and doing business here but still it hasn't been easy because of their harsh govt policy against us here.Even all my friends that use to come here for business can't get a visa anymore,they use to come here and do their business then go back home after few weeks.some of the naija boys that get married to taiwanese ladies couldn't get back into to the country after traveling outta the country,and now their wives are on their own without husbands,some of my friends that took their girl friends home to marry got rejected and they refused to give them visa even though they came with their fiancee's, so after several months  of marriage visa  frustration,their ladies have no choice to continue staying in Nigeria,so they went back to Taiwan and move on with their life and those guys are now back in nigeria struggling to make a living back there.all because of this govt hatred on nigerians,The thing is that they are taking the anger from the battle between them and naija govt on us nigerians saying that Nigeria and Taiwan does not have any diplomatic  relation, so because of that  they don't want us to be coming to Taiwan,that our govt doesnt regard them,that they only regard Chinese govt.So its a government verses government battle at the end of the day,but they are taking it on us nigerians which is very bad and unfair.The kind of treatment some Nigerians here had gone through and the bad experience is inexplainable,but other than that if you can be able to make it with the visa and come and do your thing is not gonna be that bad,just respect yourself,try not to get yourself into any trouble,always respect the law and the citizens of taiwan,then you'll be ok.On the other hand if you are gonna be looking for a job then just bear it in mind that you gonna meet a  brick wall cuz finding job here now are very hard unlike before,few years ago,you can definitely get a job withing a short period of time after arriving here but not anymore.but if you are lucky you might get someone who's gonna connect you to one of the tedious job some of our guys do here.I  understand the aspect of trying to achieve your dreams and goals but if you ask me I'll say that the good job and the life you have in Nigeria now is definitely better than what you are going to experience here.It took some of us here years to finally blend in.I just dont want you to shoot yourself on the foot that's all,and I"m not discouraging you but I'm just telling  you the real fact. As a brother,I believe that you need to know what's on the ground before making your moves so that you won't be shock when you come here.But hey!like they said,we can't take because of the killings and not go to war.So my point is that you can't take because of all these things and not pursue your goals and dreams.Then on the good side of taiwan,1st of all,its one of the most convenient country to live in the world,its very safe,very adaptable and you can also make a good living if you can get a good job,but that's super hard and might take you  several months or years to get that,some people that didn't make it,got frustrated and went back home,it takes alot of courage and hardworking for one to survive here.Then on the studying part,I think  this country is also good on the stuff that you want to study cuz they are very good at technology.That's all I got to say.good luck with everything especially the visa cuz you gonna need it.
Take care,
thanks.

boss I v plans of studying in Taiwan 6months mandarin then I proceed to masters

Can you help me
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Emmanuelclark: 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
J4real:
                             @ AfroPrince @Afroprince[color=#770077][/color]

Take care,
thanks.
Bro I understand you live in Taiwan, please what kind of jobs are in Taiwan , and how much is the pay, and is the job steady, and please does police disturb visa overstayers, and is it advisable for a Nigerian to live and work in Taiwan, .. and please once someone arrives Taiwan can I person start work immediately ,or could it take time , and how is there cost of living there both housing and feeding. Thank you as you answer
May God bless u
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by joeking2222: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2021
Wow........never knew a thread like this exist on nairaland.......am glad to locate this finally, coz am presently interested in doing my MSC in Taiwan as well. Can any one please share any latest development about Taiwan accepting Nigerians? Are we Nigerians good to go now? I just want to know one or two info before applying for their scholarship, thanks!!!! Abeg make una help me out for Christ sake
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by Oluwaloseuntoto: 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2021
I applied for Msc. admission in few Taiwan universities. Could you please advice with the process?
Re: Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! by joeking2222: 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
Oluwaloseuntoto:
I applied for Msc. admission in few Taiwan universities. Could you please advice with the process?
How far brother, any update and how the process be?

(1) (2) (Reply)

31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors / Interests Shown By Several Countries To Acquire Nigerian Airports / Father Of Two Drowns In Ondo After Heavy Downpour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.