Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries (1025 Views)

10 Common Smartphone Mistakes That Expose You To Security Risks / What Consumes Most Of Your Mobile Data? / 10 Common Misconceptions About Mobile Device Batteries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by martfrank(m): 3:02am On Mar 28, 2015
Mobile Device Users use some extreme measures in the name of conserving or increasing the life span of their mobile device batteries, yet what we hear or do about it are all misconceptions. Below are some of the Fallacies about Mobile device batteries.

Charging your Smartphone overnight will harm your battery:Not true. Most Smartphone are presently “savvy” enough to know when a battery is at limit and will quit charging. Notwithstanding, there is one thing you can do to increase the life of your battery. As opposed to charging your Smartphone throughout the night, consistently, take a stab at keeping it charged somewhere around 40% and 80% more often than not. This will guarantee the longest conceivable life from that battery. On the off chance that you can abandon it unplugged overnight (now and again), do as such.
Task Managers will extend your battery life:As much as I prefer not to say it, Third party app do nothing for battery life that the built-in system can’t deal with. Yes, Third party app can whitelist/blacklist/freeze task. In any case at last, they truly don’t help your battery any more than the built-in system. You may need to utilize a task manager to better control your applications, yet don’t accept that these third-party app will augment the life of your battery any better than the default system.
Turning off your smartphone can harm your battery: This ain’t true. There isn’t even the smallest truth to this. Obviously, in the event that you leave your phone off for a long period of time, the battery will deplete (that is the nature of batteries). Anyway it is impeccably fine to shut off that gadget now and again. You can even off the gadget and (if possible) remove the battery if you wish. No damage will occur to your battery. Indeed, for a few gadgets, a basic reboot can help to restore battery usefulness. So despite the fact that that Android gadget runs consummately fine nonstop, It is advisable to remove the battery sometimes. Read more http://techstix.com/blog/10-common-fallacies-about-your-mobile-device-batteries/

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by feldido(m): 8:01am On Mar 28, 2015
I agree with you on the first and the last, but I must tell you third party apps helps in saving battery... I use greenify (rooted device) it helps hibernate some useless system apps that keeps working in the background and it saves alot of battery cos background apps really juice up your battery.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by saxwizard(m): 8:09am On Mar 28, 2015
I will come bak later
Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by martfrank(m): 9:12am On Mar 28, 2015
Lols, I use greenify too. But st no noticeable change
Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by Warlord3000(m): 9:40am On Mar 28, 2015
Hmmmm..

Absolutamente commentario nada cheesy
Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by Sethuncahier(m): 9:57am On Mar 28, 2015
Wow! I'm learning something.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by parrotibaba(m): 10:36am On Mar 28, 2015
True about d third party apps dat claim to save more ba3 power for u ,in d end u will start noticing dat de r responsible for shortening ur ba3's life

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by martfrank(m): 1:02pm On Mar 28, 2015
Really those third party apps, don't do anything
Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by Dubby6(m): 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
How far d remaining seven na
Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by seunpayne(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2015
feldido:
I agree with you on the first and the last, but I must tell you third party apps helps in saving battery... I use greenify (rooted device) it helps hibernate some useless system apps that keeps working in the background and it saves alot of battery cos background apps really juice up your battery.

Just to be clear greenify helps but not in the way you think. Your battery is subjected to how much your phone resource use. Greenify helps buy reducing that load. It doesn't physically do anything for your battery except reduce the load on it. Conversely it can be argued that any app that helps your phone last longer reduces the number of charge cycles within a period of time as opposed to not using them which in turn actually helps preserve the viability of the battery in which case, yes third party apps do help.

Now I'm confused. Thank you
Re: 10 Common Fallacies About Your Mobile Device Batteries by seunpayne(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2015
feldido:

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Can Do with More Than One Smartphone / Photos: Phone Charger Explodes And Sets Fire To Bedroom / Glo Launches Twin Bash - Get Up To 5GB Free Data Any Time You Buy Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.