Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? (65680 Views)

My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
bukatyne:

It will depend on the degree of not getting along.

And you will never know the degree until marriage
Didn't someone share how they hide their laces and wrappers when their MIL come visiting
Imagine
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Na only me WAKA KAM? grin
I don't see any WAHALA here o!
The mother-in-law should be BANNED for eternity from the house!
I can NEVER side ANY MIL against any DIL!

Case dismissed! kiss

Buhahahahahahahaha.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

You are speaking grammar
The man is now single
It will now be someone else's wahala

Damned if you dump a disastrous MIL waiting to happen,damned if you don't

grin grin
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by iiichidodo: 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Do you realize this OP is not as mad as this
He's not even mad
He could actually be incubating his wife this very second and sowing a male seed
Yeah for all we know the bloke must have grown a pair and sent his wife away to percolate and think about her ignominous role...He will be very crazy to share a bed with one who almost painted her home with his mother's blood..Trust the sight of a mother's swollen bloodied face to give a man trauma and nightmares never mind wiping off his konji.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by crackhaus: 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2015
moca:
@crackhaus, listen.
Some mothers in law have actually told their daughters in law that"u are not the one I want my son to marry on her first visit".

If u take a poll here and post on front page, u will be so shocked.

My nebor presently for 6yrs of marriage,mil hates her b4 seeing her.
Reason,she had wanted her son to marry her friends daughter.
The wife has tried and tried.
Told her not to come to her place.
First kid,mama didn't show,2nd kid,d same thing. She made all the other siblings hate the lady.
D good new was that d son is well made. Wife and her people are loaded. So the family has to depend on d son somehow.
Now,some family members are turning around.

Marriage has many faces. Judge each one independent of others.
Are we not saying the same thing?
She knew her MIL never liked her but she went ahead with the marriage.

Her only luck is that this MIL isn't the imposing type, the type that would always visit her son and try to enforce her rules.

If this MIL was anything like the one in the OP or anyone of those other ones you women refer to as MILs with no boundaries, who do you think should be blamed when problems begin to surface in the marriage?

Do you blame the MIL who has always shown her disapproval of the woman her son married, or the woman who always knew this but went ahead with the marriage thinking she could miraculously make her MIL love her later on?

I'm not saying women should just outright give up on a marriage, but if they can't get their fiance's mother on their side before walking down the aisle, then they better clear out or continue with the wedding knowing what they are in for.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2015
Sophyrocks:

A grown a$$ man who has gotten to the age where he should have goals, dreams, plans to execute, on how to run his fiances has no business making his mother his financial advisor/manager. Such a man needs a lot of growing up to do and should stay away from marriage till he is an ADULT psychologically. If you need a financial manager since you are not good with money, it must not be your mother.

You just went all over the places just to give an answer to a simple place. Why would he hire a financial manager, while he thinks his mother is a much better, professional financial manager for the job.

Just accept that you made the statement without thinking most into it. I have a co-worker whose mother is his financial manager. Why? This is because his mother is a highly regarded financial advisor at Chase bank.

More over, having a financial manager does not mean the person is not good with money. This mindset is the reason why family wealth mostly last for a single generation in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by freecocoa(f): 8:15pm On Mar 28, 2015
bukatyne:

Please don't be

If they do not get along, she should seat her butt in her home till the issues are resolved.

You want to compare her son coming to the home he grew up in to Mama visiting the son and wife in his home? Please please

My mother is like a MIL to my cousin's wife because my aunt is dead and she 'handed' over her kids to my mum.

Just see my cousin as my brother if it helps.
Did you not read that they were okay as that the time of this incident? What other issue needs resolving na?

Seriously you are asking if I want to compare? Any sane person knows where to draw the line, but being married doesn't mean your family become strangers, mama did no wrong wanting pics, people who love each other take things from themselves all the time, there is no boundary with pictures you can always get back with family, unless someone is very malicious, in which case, the DIL is the culprit, unless you believe mama wan jazz her grandchildren.

Then, I must say, your family isn't close knit if they can live like this.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by justwise(m): 8:16pm On Mar 28, 2015
freecocoa:
The story only said, they don't get along, it didn't say MIL has been harassing DIL, how does taking pics of her granchild make her controlling?

I go take things from my family without asking but letting them know I took it, all the time, yet we've never had to fight because of this.

Why can't I compare it with your mum? Haven't you had altercations with your mum before? Has she ever tried to hit you? Has she ever insisted she was right even when you feel it in your guts that you are the one who's right? What will you do in this instance?

If you think you shouldn't love your MIL like you would your mother, then ignore my post.

When you talked about my mum...you are talking about blood, somebody who carried me for 9 months and brought me up, it's never the same as MIL and DIL relationship, the bound is never the same.
Yes slapping her because she refused to give her the picture is a sign of a control freak. They are not best friends before so she knew exactly what she is doing.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 28, 2015
Well, I also believe the DIL shouldn't have retaliated by getting into a physical fight with her MIL.

Not because she respects her MIL, but because she respects herself. At the end of the day, the DIL appears like an agbero.

On a serious note, what grown woman physically fights with anyone? So immature, and so animalistic.

The op needs to tell us why his wife wouldn't give his mother those pictures. I know my mom wouldn't, I just don't know if the op's wife denied her MIL those pictures for the same reasons my mom would.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by freecocoa(f): 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

We don't know that
We only know this is the first time she fought back
If there had been any hitting before, the OP won't be this confused and would have mentioned it.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2015
donedy:

You just went all over the places just to give an answer to a simple place. Why would he hire a financial manager, while he thinks his mother is a much better, professional financial manager for the job.

Just accept that you made the statement without thinking most into it. I have a co-worker whose mother is his financial manager. Why? This is because his mother is a highly regarded financial advisor at Chase bank.

How does a mother become a financial manager of a grown man without any issues cropping up? Is this man married or single? who will be his financial manager when he gets married?

I gave you an answer. if it doesnt suit you then ignore. No back and forth epistles with you.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
Shollypopzz:
Well, I also believe the DIL shouldn't have retaliated by getting into a physical fight with her MIL.

Not because she respects her MIL, but because she respects herself. At the end of the day, the DIL appears like an agbero.

On a serious note, what grown woman physically fights with anyone? So immature, and so animalistic.

The op needs to tell us why his wife wouldn't give his mother those pictures. I know my mum wouldn't, I just don't know if the op's wife denied her MIL those pictures for the same reasons my mum would.

The OP needs to shed more light on the previous issues between his wife and mother
No love lost is what he called it,my suspicion is that his wife has seen pepper at the hands of his mother
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by freecocoa(f): 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
justwise:

When you talked about my mum...you are talking about blood, somebody who carried me for 9 months and brought me up, it's never the same as MIL and DIL relationship, the bound is never the same.
Yes slapping her because she refused to give her the picture is a sign of a control freak. They are not best friends before so she knew exactly what she is doing.

Now I see why you are sounding this way, if you can't take the woman who contributed to the DNA of your wife and children like your mum, you will never be able to give her the respect she deserves.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by crackhaus: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2015
BABE3:

I was going to add that. You beat me to it.

All these drama between in-laws and wives can be avoided. I dunno how people gather strength to constantly deal with bad in-laws. Stay away from them in the first place; especially if the husband is #teamMum or #I'mNeutral.

I mean, there are too many families available to settle for a hostile one.

But some people love drama though. They love the constant power struggle.

The default competitive nature of most women is what I presume to be the reason for this - and a little dose of desperation as well.

Some women believe that the sex they give a man is enough to get him fully on their side even when they know they have never gotten along with his mother from day 1.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
freecocoa:
If there had been any hitting before, the OP won't be this confused and would have mentioned it.

That's not true
He has carefully,like a good son chosen not to cast his mom in a bad light
He summarized previous events by telling us they didn't get along
That statement is pregnant with twins
I wish he could talk more but then I understand why he wouldn't
After all she's his mom and he loves her
The situation that led up to the sad events of the day and the aftermath tells you the man is frustrated at the mother

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Chillis: 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
crackhaus:

If I replaced 'cvnt' with 'women', would that be better?
Okay edited, because you protest wink

But of course that will still leave us with local, toutish, disrespectful, and dumb...
Glad to know you have no problem with these words, because that's exactly what the behaviour of both women portray.

still doesnt sound right, you know why?
Because if you said it in OPs presence, you may have some missing teeth before you could finish speaking.
Disrespectful could serve in this.

change is here

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by freecocoa(f): 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

That's not true
He has carefully,like a good son chosen not to cast his mom in a bad light
He summarized precious effects by by telling us they didn't get along
That statement is pregnant with twins
I wish he could talk more but then I understand why he wouldn't
After does his mom and he loves her
So you are basically saying that, MIL and DIL not getting along means, somethingg's wrong with MIL? DIL can't be the reason why they don't get along?
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
freecocoa:
So you are basically saying that, MIL and DIL not getting along means, somethingg's wrong with MIL? DIL can't be the reason why they don't get along?

I am talking about this event
You always come up with this always and never questions and scenarios of woulda coulda shoulda
Don't take me there
Focus on this very one,that's where we are

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Ewuro4: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
bestestgirl:

grin grin grin I like to visualize such scenarios na, and that was how this particular one played out in my head

Lol . But honestly, ripping out pictures from an actual album is madness. I don't think that's how it played out. grin grin

Who uses photo album these days anyway?
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

The OP needs to shed more light on the previous issues between his wife and mother
No love lost is what he called it,my suspicion is that his wife has seen pepper at the hands of his mother

My late paternal grandma gave my mother hell because she had all girls. I don't enjoy typing long stories, so I would leave it at that.

I know for a fact my mom would never give our pictures to anybody from my father's side. Why do want the pictures of children you never accepted? I strongly believe the wife has a legitimate reason for denying her MIL those pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by crackhaus: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
Chillis:

still doesnt sound right, you know why?
Because if you said it in OPs presence, you may have some missing teeth before you could finish speaking.
Disrespectful could serve in this.

change is here
Lmao... and what will I be doing when the hand is coming towards my teeth? You're kidding!
With your own bad mouth on NL, do you think you would have any teeth remaining by now? cheesy

Anyway, do you mean the Buhari as president kind of change or my change?
Because I'm willing to change for you bebe, all you have to do is say yes to me. gringrin
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2015
freecocoa:
Now I see why you are sounding this way, if you can't take the woman who contributed to the DNA of your wife and children like your mum, you will never be able to give her the respect she deserves.

She will get one when she earned it, people deserve respect they earned. Hitting your DIL is hardly the best way to go about it.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by kaboninc(m): 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
Shollypopzz:

My late paternal grandma gave my mother hell because she had all girls. I don't enjoy typing long stories, so I would leave it at that.

I know for a fact my mom would never give our pictures to anybody from my father's side. Why do want the pictures of children you never accepted? I strongly believe the wife has a legitimate reason for denying her MIL those pictures.

Me too
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by freecocoa(f): 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

I am talking about this event
You always come up with this always and never stories and scenarios of woulda coulda shoulda
Don't take me there
Focus on this very one,that's where we are
The funny thing is that you start with the assumptions and when you are challenged at your game, you get cranky.

Which other event am I about?

You opined that the statement means something and that OP is shielding his mother, you already concluded on what it means, I asked if what you concluded is the meaning of the statement and you are?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2015
Shollypopzz:

I hear you
I maintain,unless a daughter in law is outrightly mad,no woman comes into her husband's house with hatred in her heart for her inlaws
Instead we have this fantasy of everyone living happily ever after
But some wives go in to find out the MIL hated her family background
Had in mind a type of DIL that she didn't fit into and whatever she did was criticized
Make the mistake of taking more than one year to conceive,you may suffer in the hands of your inlaws and let that one year reach 3 years and more,many MILs including deaconesses in pentecostal church will go and bring a virgin for their son to marry and give her kids
Then everyone expects that wife will be happy and welcoming of the MIL

All these unmarried girls here talking ill of this girl,if I were you I won't talk much
Go and marry first,deal with your MIL then get qualified to speak on the issue
All these theoretical things dey taya person

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by crackhaus: 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
bukatyne:

It will depend on the degree of not getting along.
This is true... and if a woman (maybe out of true love) decides to go ahead with the marriage knowing that there's a degree to which she gets along with her husband's mother, then anytime her husband informs her that his mother would be visiting, the onus is on her to apply wisdom in all their encounters.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by freecocoa(f): 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
justwise:

She will get one when she earned it, people deserve respect they earned. Hitting your DIL is hardly the best way to go about it.
You keep missing the point, who doesn't know that hitting a DIL is not the way to go? The issue is, what do you do if you are hit?
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by damiso(f): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2015
crackhaus:
I don't understand why a woman would even get married to a man whose mother she doesn't get along with, I mean the first person a woman should become close to in her prospective husband's family should be his mother - they should bond and relate well with each other during the courting period.

This is what happens when women rush into marriage for some silly materialistic & vain reason without first knowing and bonding with the prospective husband's family, especially the mother.
Once a woman is able to win over her intended MIL and relate with her like her own biological mother before the wedding, it would take a really big fvck up to make that MIL turn against her later.

Both mother and wife deserve each other, bunch of local toutish disrespectful dumb women with no self-respect whatsoever.
Fighting over pictures, who does that...

Like seriously who does that... . Over pictures Some women are just too petty. undecided

I feel so sorry for the OP cos I know what an awkward situation it is having to take sides between a spouse and a parent where there was even no actual physical or verbal altercation. Try to get some older people to talk to your mum so your wife can apologise and you draw a line under this episode. Hopefully lessons would have been learnt and boundaries will be drawn.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
Shollypopzz:

alas! That explains alot.
Therefore a (fanatical) feminist is born out of circumstance(s).

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
freecocoa:
You keep missing the point, who doesn't know that hitting a DIL is not the way to go? The issue is, what do you do if you are hit?

You are the same person that told us somewhere else in a case where a man hit the wife that the wife may have been running her mouth
But in this situation the same wife should have run off to cry?
You folks are confusing the heck out of me

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2015
freecocoa:

I hit back even harder.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by freecocoa(f): 8:47pm On Mar 28, 2015
Shollypopzz:

This is an example of an exception.

OP's case doesn't sound similar, a MIL who hates you won't get cuddly, you sound like there aren't bad DILS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

My Cousin's Advances / Woman Photoshops Late Husband To Family Pictures To Celebrate His 40th Birthday / Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.