Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,984 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room (38870 Views)

Election - Pictures And Videos Of 2015 Election (Nairaland Election Gallery) / Nairaland Election Results - Should be a Treasonable offence / GEJ VS BUHARI Nairaland Election Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by BCharlie: 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2015
megacity:

una no like us, but u wont let us go cause u after the oil money. lets do a deal, ok?
let GMB be president North & SW while GEJ for SS/SE

You are really dumb ( sorry for that). I just expected better than that statement cos I assume you are educated.
Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by megacity: 11:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
BCharlie:

You are really dumb ( sorry for that). I just expected better than that statement cos I assume you are educated.
Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by gnykelly(m): 4:44am On Mar 30, 2015
I want to ask a question because this is my
first time to vote...Abeg if PDP and APC draw in
this election are they going to play penalty ?

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by dollyptosh(m): 5:54am On Mar 30, 2015
iOmoge:

this is why we want change.
we don't want a regoin holding the whole nation to ransom.
Nigeria has depended to much on SE/SS that its people are beginning to think without them there would be no Nigeria.

we want every region to depend on itself by it self.
God help Nigeria.
God bless you for this!!!
Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by totoisgud(m): 6:21am On Mar 30, 2015
nduchucks:

Oga 90% of those 90% comes from offshore oil, located beyond land mass of SS/SE states. Your states do not extend a single meter into the sea - that area is in the territorial area which belongs to Nigeria and ALL Nigerians. Period.

Dat is a very foolish statement. It is a fact dat crude oil is d major source of Nigeria's wealth. It is also a fact dat crude oil is produced 4rm d Niger Delta. So wat r u yapping abt? This is d problem with dis country. There is no sincerity and truth is dead. Everybody is a bigot and a liar. Those who r calling 4 change r no different.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by TopHand: 7:45am On Mar 30, 2015
Pdp lose Sokoto state as Apc takes control of Ondo state
Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 30, 2015
folahann:
Buhari will get 25% in all the South West and Northern States. The number of States there are 25. This makes SS/SE totally irrelevant.

we are missing something here.
the constitution says if there are 2 candidates...one must get at least 2/3rd of the votes and 25% from d remaining.

but if there are more than 2 candidates..which is the case now....The majority carries the vote. Even if he got all his votes from just 2states.

i heard dis clearly on Channels tv and have also asked questions....although i stand to be corrected.
Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by freezy(m): 10:09am On Mar 30, 2015
iOmoge:

the constitution says if there are 2 candidates...one must get at least 2/3rd of the votes and 25% from d remaining.

but if there are more than 2 candidates..which is the case now....The majority carries the vote. Even if he got all his votes from just 2states.

i heard dis clearly on Channels tv and have also asked questions....although i stand to be corrected.

Here's what the constitution says...

(2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for the election-

(a) he has the highest number of votes cast at the election;

and

(b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by TopHand: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2015
Latest Apc takes Bauchi, Gombe and Kebbi states with huge majority, margins of defeat in Bauchi and Kebbi states literally wipes Pdp from the political landscape. Total collaspe stares Pdp firmly in the North
Mu'azu fails to deliver Bauchi to Jonathan as Pdp is crushed in Bauchi

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by raayah(f): 10:50am On Mar 30, 2015
[-

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by folahann(m): 11:19am On Mar 30, 2015
iOmoge:

Which ever way, I know Buhari will win.
Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 30, 2015
raayah:

Yes we want change.
It is still Tinubu, obj, atiku, buhari that are leading us. Do we really want this change that we so desparately crave? I think not.
I do not see a change or fresh air in Nigeria.

What Nigeria needs now is to fight corruption and dats the major reason we all are for GMB.
If we can get corruption right so many things would change for the better.

We cant have a young vibrant person taking over from GEJ...the PDP'ing will continue.

Lets have a different party put things in place.
What we expected from GEJ wascfresh air but since he proved other wise...we have chosen an old hand trusted with fighting corruption.

I believe Nigeria would be a better place and we are in d right direction.

If there is no corruption and a contract is awarded, be rest assured that it would be carried out diligently.

When we the people know that nobody at the top would support us if we are corrupt, we would definitely behave.

GEJ cannot put his house in order .
Nobody in his government respects him.
Imagine an APC candidate that defected to PDP saying he did so because PDP is a free party for all to be free. .. What do u think he meant?

I love Nigeria and Nigerians.
I hope the politics they r playing in d SS and SE wont explode be4 their eyes. They have refused to release the result of even a local government area.
Re: Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2015
I saw this somewhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP Condemns House Fracas, Accuses Buhari Of Bias / Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) / 2016 Vs 2020: Data Shows Oshiomhole Was Inconsequential In Edo Gov Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.