Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? (3347 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by djmask(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2015
I have studied the lot of Jehovah's Witnesses on my street (5 Families). And I realise that they shy away from most civic duties especially contesting for public office and voting.

Why?

Is there a bible quotation to back this?
If we all abandon the polity of our nation, won't there be chaos?

I see this as an act of irresponsibility.

Why are they always the odd one out?

Answers pls: bingbagbo OAM4J

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 10:57am On Mar 28, 2015
djmask:
I have studied the lot of Jehovah's Witnesses on my street (5 Families). And I realise that they shy away from most civic duties especially contesting for public office and voting.

Why?

Is there a bible quotation to back this?
If we all abandon the polity of our nation, won't there be chaos?

I see this as an act of irresponsibility.

Why are they always the odd one out?

Answers pls: bingbagbo OAM4J

Our kingdom is not of this world, Jeeehovah warned us against becoming part of this world.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by djmask(m): 11:27am On Mar 28, 2015
paulGrundy:

Our kingdom is not of this world, Jeeehovah warned us against becoming part of this world.
Don't you see the ridiculousness in this comment? Who's are suppose to be in charge then. If we all decide "not to be of this world", what will happen?

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Hiswordxray(m): 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2015
paulGrundy:

So voting makes you part of this world?
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
Hiswordxray:

So voting makes you part of this world?

Yes. If you vote, you are patronising the great harlot, Babylon the Great, signifying the religious n political system of this world and Jeeehova will kill you in armaggedon because of that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2015
djmask:
Don't you see the ridiculousness in this comment? Who's are suppose to be in charge then. If we all decide "not to be of this world", what will happen?

What Does the Bible Really Teach? Chapter 15 paragraph 12
as shown at http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_15.htm April 3rd 2010

True worshipers are no part of the world. When on trial before the Roman ruler Pilate, Jesus said: “My kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) No matter what country they live in, Jesus’ true followers are subjects of his heavenly Kingdom and thus maintain strict neutrality in the world’s political affairs. They take no part in its conflicts. However, Jehovah’s worshipers do not interfere with what others choose to do about joining a political party, running for office, or [size=20pt]voting[/size].
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by kay1one(m): 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2015
paulGrundy:

Make una come pack una load dey go una "kingdom" sharp sharp abeg!!! angry
God created man on the planet. This is our jurisdiction. If we don't take care of it, who will?
What deception!

9 Likes

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2015
kay1one:

God created man on the planet. This is our jurisdiction. If we don't take care of it, who will?
What deception!

Our Kingdom will come soon or shortly, we have been waiting since 1914 (100 years) for the kingdom to come "soon" e never come. Some of us have sold our possesion, refused to take a university education some have refused to take a job, instead prefer to spend our full years in pioneer service. Because as we are told it'll come shortly or soon.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by kay1one(m): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2015
paulGrundy:

Our Kingdom will come soon or shortly, we have been waiting since 1914 (100 years) for the kingdom to come "soon" e never come. Some of us have sold our possesion, refused to take a university education some have refused to take a job, instead prefer to spend our full years in pioneer service. Because as we are told it'll come shortly or soon.

Do you sound reasonable to yourself? !

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by djmask(m): 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
paulGrundy:

What Does the Bible Really Teach? Chapter 15 paragraph 12
as shown at http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_15.htm April 3rd 2010

True worshipers are no part of the world. When on trial before the Roman ruler Pilate, Jesus said: “My kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) No matter what country they live in, Jesus’ true followers are subjects of his heavenly Kingdom and thus maintain strict neutrality in the world’s political affairs. They take no part in its conflicts. However, Jehovah’s worshipers do not interfere with what others choose to do about joining a political party, running for office, or [size=20pt]voting[/size].
SMH

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Hiswordxray(m): 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2015
paulGrundy:

Yes. If you vote, you are patronising the great harlot, Babylon the Great, signifying the religious n political system of this world and Jeeehova will kill you in armaggedon because of that.
" Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 2:1–4 , “I urge, then, first of
all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and
thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and
all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and
quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is
good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all
people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of
the truth.”

God told the Israelites in exile to pray for
Babylon: “Seek the peace and prosperity of the city
to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the
LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will
prosper” ( Jeremiah 29:7 ).

Romans 13:1 says, “Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”

God established these authorities so why would He kill you for voting them in?

" 23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify." (1Cor 10:23)
Christ Jesus have set you free don't allow any doctrine to imprison you. You are free to do anything as long as it doesn't have negative spiritual effect. Voting have no negative spiritual effect, it is totally harmless.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 11:00pm On Mar 28, 2015
kay1one:

Sometimes you don't need to sound reasonable. Just believe anything that appeaars on the pages of Awake or Watchtower, so long as the word "truth" is attached to it. Even if they say I should put my hand in Fire, I'll do it!!!

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by mumumugu(m): 1:09am On Mar 29, 2015
Their master told them not to

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by johnw74: 7:22am On Mar 29, 2015
paulGrundy:

Yeah, our kingdom nearly come thirty five years ago, when nearly all the holy ones were dead from old age,
it not come then and we work out another time when it come, it didn't come then either,
they tell us it come soon though,
maybe one holy one still alive, he would only be one hundred and thirty years old now.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 8:54am On Mar 29, 2015
johnw74:

Yeah, our kingdom nearly come thirty five years ago, when nearly all the holy ones were dead from old age,
it not come then and we work out another time when it come, it didn't come then either,
they tell us it come soon though,
maybe one holy one still alive, he would only be one hundred and thirty years old now.

grin grin grin grin

Guy you wicked oh!!
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by blesoh(f): 9:00am On Mar 29, 2015
djmask:
lol very funny,they dont sing d anthem.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by blesoh(f): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2015
kay1one:

What deception!
lol pls stop using phone d world created it.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 29, 2015
kay1one:

guy.. dont u see sarcasm ni?

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by redcurry(f): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2015
paulGrundy:

Your kingdom is not of ds world?u will not vote, neither will u sing d natioal anthem, but ur graduate members do participate in d NYSC and collect d govt allawe dat u are not part of? ok! contunu to dey deceive urself.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 29, 2015
redcurry:
Your kingdom is not of ds world?u will not vote, neither will u sing d natioal anthem, but ur graduate members do participate in d NYSC and collect d govt allawe dat u are not part of? ok! contunu to dey deceive urself.

Dies!! buhahhaha grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by pneumaticos(m): 10:02am On Mar 29, 2015
paulGrundy:

shut that fucking mouth of yours

were is the kingdom that is coming,God created man to rule the earth ,and your dumb ass is talking about another kingdom

do you think God created man to share in the kingdom of heaven

what is coming is a new earth and not a another kingdom ,
there is only one kingdom,the kingdom of heaven,

we are to rule the earth like God mandated adam from the begining before he lost his right

the new earth coming is only an extension of the kingdom of God ,just as it was in the bigining

this guys dont even know who they talk about
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by uzoexcel(m): 10:05am On Mar 29, 2015
Cc: seun lalastica mods pls frontpage

We need something to douse the thension in d polity

shinejackie:

Dies!! buhahhaha grin grin grin[/color][/b]
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Chidonc(m): 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
paulGrundy:

Evil triumphs when good men folds there hands and do notin.......
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
Chidonc:

Evil triumphs when good men folds there hands and do notin.......

Some folks don't know how to recognize Sarcasm, even if it grew fists and smash their faces.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
paulGrundy:

If your kingdom is not of this world ....

1 Why are you associating with people of this world?

2 Why are you using the platform "Nairaland" ?

3 Why are you going to the University ? It is of this world

The list is countless, it would have been better if you created your own country .

Religion of the opium of the people-Karl Marx
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Alexpissu:

The list is countless, it would have been better if you created your own country .

Cc: JMAN05, Rikkoduosennin
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
Alexpissu:

My friend you are attacking Jehovahs people? You will soon end up like Hitler and mussolini (in Canticles voice). Don't worry jehovah will kill you in armaggedon soon.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

" Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 2:1–4 , “I urge, then, first of
all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and
thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and
all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and
quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is
good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all
people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of
the truth.”

God told the Israelites in exile to pray for
Babylon: “Seek the peace and prosperity of the city
to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the
LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will
prosper” ( Jeremiah 29:7 ).

Romans 13:1 says, “Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”

God established these authorities so why would He kill you for voting them in?

" 23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify." (1Cor 10:23)
Christ Jesus have set you free don't allow any doctrine to imprison you. You are free to do anything as long as it doesn't have negative spiritual effect. Voting have no negative spiritual effect, it is totally harmless.

This your Bible is not correct. Re-quote them in the true Bible version- NWT aka Jehovahs witneSs bible, then we start from there.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
paulGrundy:

My friend you are attacking Jehovahs people? You will soon end up like Hitler and mussolini (in Canticles voice). Don't worry jehovah will kill you in armaggedon soon.

grin grin grin

Nairaland you using belongs to the world ....dude deactivate your account .Armaggedon ko shocked Bruce Willis Armaggedon ni
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
Alexpissu:

Nairaland you using belongs to the world ....dude deactivate your account .Armaggedon ko shocked Bruce Willis Armaggedon ni

Nairaland belongs to the world, but its not of the world. grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Nobody: 5:20am On Mar 30, 2015
Op

You can always visit our site for a reliable information on this issue or ask a witness when they call at your home. Our site is www.jw.org

For your question, the site gave an answer to that.
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/political-neutrality/#?insight
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by djmask(m): 6:56am On Mar 30, 2015
JMAN05:
Op

You can always visit our site for a reliable information on this issue or ask a witness when they call at your home. Our site is www.jw.org

For your question, the site gave an answer to that.
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/political-neutrality/#?insight
I saw this on the site " Although we do not
take part in politics, we respect the authority of
the governments under which we live." So your religion allows you to suffer, because of you don't participate in governance, then you will be forced to take whatever is jam down your throat. Imagine if one of you was in Hitlers camp, the death of those innocent people won't be much.
Non alignment is silly, especially when their actions and deeds affects you. So if the police brutality kill one of yours would you sit and say its Jehovah's will?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheist What Do You Hold Sacred In Life / The Evil Of Tribalism In The Nigeria Church / BREAKING NEWS: There Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real –––pope Francis Expose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.