Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,047 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife (33833 Views)

Prince Okojie: "How Mercy Johnson And I Settle Our Marriage Disputes" / Olamide’s Son Naming Ceremony, Gov. Fashola Others Attend (Photos) / Gov. Fashola Attends Olamide’s Baby Dedication [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by sule5727: 12:18pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yoruba muslims tolerate. That I know . Except of course, the radicalised ones, mostly from Kwara.
haba!!! We are talking peace here!!!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by bundur(m): 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2015
emalek86:
...basically 99% of the youths are at
home,surfing the internet and 50% of the
aged are on the queue of the polling unit
trying to decide for "OUR" own future...isn't
that IRONICAL 😕
dnt sit @ home n type rubbish prove ur statement wit fact n figures

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by ruddylicious: 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
Good for her. But what about the kids? Will they continue going to church and mosque or choose one religion.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by gidjah(m): 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
they are so so fortunate, one should have been charmed against d other as the case was few weeks ago in ogun state (where a lady singer charmly killed her uni- lover simply because he was a christian).islamic parents still do such till date(up north,ilorin,etc).LETS STOP PRETENDING O!!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by chimerase2: 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
Nice I sooo luv de yoruba muslims
Even wen I was in there I do go to ILE KEWU with ma muslim friends somtins,
dos times I don't knw wat dey do der but I knew right in me dat it was der own church
We grew up loving our self
Dat was why I cried wen I came to east to start ma university life becos I tot der was no life with ma peeps cry
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Fairgodwin(m): 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2015
UncleJudax:

I gbadun your positivity. Just try and make a name for yourself, and watch the issue of religion intolerance and/or incompatibility go to the backburner.
Keep in mind that some people will put their feet down. In that case, just walk

Thank you.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Keneeby(m): 12:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
Yorubas are the most confused human being i have ever seen.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by okpanachil: 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:

Thank you for your adtice. It was duly noted!
But my brother, I, Otis, have equally lived and still live among them till date. My best friend is a Muslim and his name is Yusuf and we have been friends for 10 years now ; 2005 -( 2015)to be precise.

You see you are actually talking about two different things,friendship is different from marriage.In your own experience,how many of such successful marriages have you seen? They are very much in the least and if you are able to succeed,it will just be one added to the number.I repeat no serious/devoted muslim will give her daughters hand in marriage to a christian although they would encourage their sons to marry christian ladies.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by abuRevelatus(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
lot of religion in dat house bt no xtianity
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Akynzodeighbour(m): 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
What happened to the part of the bible that says be unequally yoked with unbelievers, people trying to justify their wrong since the death of Jesus.... None of my business
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2015
sule5727:
haba!!! We are talking peace here!!!

I know. Was I preaching about hate?
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Fairgodwin(m): 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2015
okpanachil:

You see you are actually talking about two different things,friendship is different from marriage.In your own experience,how many of such successful marriages have you seen? They are very much in the least and if you are able to succeed,it will just be one added to the number.I repeat no serious/devoted muslim will give her daughters hand in marriage to a christian although they would encourage their sons to marry christian ladies.

You said you've lived among them, meaning you understood them better(?) I was actually speaking in regards to that point - to let you know that I have equally lived among them and that I also understand them and not just talking for talking sake.
Yes, I have seen a successful Christian-Muslim marriage, not just from afar or on the pages of newspapers. Apart from my secondary school friend's parents' example, my older sister [of the same parents] is successfully married to a Muslim from Osun State. They have been married since 2002 (13 years) with 3 kids (all boys).
Hope you happy now?
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2015
contactmorak:
Some people will even turn down a relationship based on tribe!
so bad that they don't know that love wins all
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:
I have always loved and admired religion tolerance. And I've always prayed and wished for a Muslim lady for a wife.
My friend's parents while I was in Secondary school were my role models and inspiration - married for over 30 years - the man an Imam/Alfa, while the woman a strong Christian women leader in her church.
God please give me a Muslim lady for a wife - she does her thing, I do mine.
Religious tolerance is something I admire abt Yoruba people...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
fashola needs his head examined. well i am older than him so i could give him older brotherly advise.

no marriage of a muslim is a marriage unless it is a nikah. nikah alone and nothing else with it.

in yoruba culture and every culture except the jew and that is really half baked culture because of their insincerity, father is always the 'owner' of children; this means religion, hometown, family name because the blood is from the father.

for fashola to confuse his children if he can't sell Islam to his wife, he shouldn't throw his children away from Islam. how is he with all his luxury gonna stand before Al Rahman that his non muslim wife over rode the commandment of The One Whose Commandment Over rides all?

i am yoruba. yoruba muslims need to step up their commitment on the 'way of success'.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Fairgodwin(m): 12:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

Religious tolerance is something I admire abt Yoruba people...

I tell you. They have it in abundance, above every other tribe.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by isan(m): 12:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
Good 4 dem

Nah only God knw who dey worship am
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by TroubleMaker01(f): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:
I have always loved and admired religion tolerance. And I've always prayed and wished for a Muslim lady for a wife.
My friend's parents while I was in Secondary school were my role models and inspiration - married for over 30 years - the man an Imam/Alfa, while the woman a strong Christian women leader in her church.
SHORO NIYEN tongue tongue
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by elopee3000(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2015
If they like let her be hindu let fashola be alqaida or taliban na thier busines anyway I dey vienna after election I go return aboki can kill

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by adconline(m): 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2015
Erukulele:
Personally, i dont see fashola as the type of muslim the holy prophet(SAW) refers to as believers or how does he explain the fact that his children are church goer muslims. He will wake up in the morning to pray subhi and neither his wife nor children living under thesame roof with him will be there. A muslim who cannot control his immediate family to perform solat cannot be taken to be a devoted muslim or is he comparable to his counterpart in Osun state- Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola?
There goes the fanatic who believes that he's God-appointed judge on earth. But you know what, Fashola and his family are a role model for tolerance and making positive impact in people's lives.. They will forever will be remembered, but NOBODY is going to remember you or ur lineage. Always a nobody telling successful people how to get better!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by mismore(f): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:

I love this comment!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by tete7000(m): 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2015
ajoguegbe:
Muslim and catholic has little difference. In fact history has it that Muhammed learnt most things from the Catholic church which was then practicing the backsliding form of ChrisTianity. Things like Fatima, repeating prayers with beads, scapula(a talisman-looking object hung around the waist or neck), etc are practiced by both faith and not in the Bible

Who is this ignoramus talking? What do you know about Catholicism and Christianity and how many time if I may ask have you ever entered any Catholic church? Oga park jare and stop trying to tell yourself that your adulterated Christianity that is based on visions of individual pastors is the real Christianity. If I may ask you, how many of non-catholic Christians agree on the same doctrine? How many pentecostal churches can actually agree and can allow their members exchange churches? If Catholicism is fake and others are real, I will think they should agree and stop dividing and opposing themselves.
The fact that Muslims borrows some cultures from catholicism is a pointer to the fact that Catholic church predates Islam. If Islam was founded around 570AD, does that tell you how old the church has been. It existed long before any other group came into existence. She compiled and understand the bible all now come to lay claim of. You will want to say catholic church is fake and same with Islam but if I may ask you how come Islam has persecuted Catholicism more than any other Christian group? Can they be the same and still oppose and the church be persecuted? Or in the words of Christ 'Can a house divided itself stand or can Belzebuub cast out Belzebuub (Matthew 12:25_26)? Please stop believing all those things your Christian group has brainwashed you with. Enter a Catholic church, attend a Catholic Catechism class and after a thorough understanding of Catholic doctrine, your life might not be the same again.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:

How many have you seen where the woman is Muslim and the man is Christian
Allah forbids a Muslim woman marrying a Christian man
He only allows Muslim men marrying Christian women not because Allah loves Christianity or doesn't mind Christianity but because he expects the woman to change to her husband's religion in order words it is victory over her Christianity and a plus to Islam,Truth be told,
He is also expected to raise his kids as Muslims
Yoruba muslims are tolerant ,yes what Mrs fashola described is the reason Hausa Muslims see them as weak Muslims
fashola even wedded his wife in a Church,he is an infidel to them
They see him as not being in control of his wife
IBB married Ndidi Okongwu and she didn't remain Ndidi,she even changed her Name.many others like her
That's what a good Muslim man is expected to do,to conquer the christian woman
In all their tolerance,you will not see a Yoruba practicing Muslim man give out his Muslim daughter to a Christian man for marriage
That is sin to him ,he wouldn't mind his son marrying a Christian though
People should tell the truth

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by XBLadez: 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
januzaj:
Tanoid be lyk
If you like die. . . I only spoke my mind
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2015
contactmorak:
Speaking to Channels TV In an interview yesterday, First Lady of Lagos state, Dame Abimbola Fashola explained how she and governor Fashola have been able to manage their home despite their religious differences. Abimbola who is Catholic, while her husband, Fashola is a Muslim, has this to say;

"We got married in the Church, the Catholic church, that is who I am, that's where you will take me from and that was done. But ever since then my husband has practiced his religion and I have practiced mine. There is no trouble whatsoever. My husband has his own part of the house where he prays, I have my own altar there with my crucifix and my rosary and everything and everyone is minding their own business. When its time for family prayer, we pray. I pray mine to the name of Jesus Christ while he prays in Allah's name & the children understand all that. My children are baptized and they go to church. When he wants them to go to mosque with him they go to the mosque with him."

A lot of us need to learn from this. Who knows if both of them rejected each other based on religious bias, they might not have achieved such a great destiny?

Mrs Fashola also revealed that to get her husband to do something she wants personally, he would ask her to put it in writing so that he would not forget and give it urgent attention. She said it has become important now that everything that she needs to be done has to be documented and passed to her husband because that is how he says he can manage the homefront and the state effectively.

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/03/must-read-how-gov-fashola-i-have.html

If one quarter of the Muslim population acted like your husband the world will be peaceful
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by HARDDON: 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:

What correlation has light with darkness?
What a confused family!

It is expressly stated in the Bible: be not unequally Yoked with unblivas.....
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Fairgodwin(m): 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

How many have you seen where the woman is Muslim NAND the man is Christian
Allah forbids a Muslim woman marrying a Christian man
He only allows Muslim men marrying Christian women not because he loves Christianity bit because he expects the woman to change to her husband's religion in order words it is victory over her Christianity
He is also expected to raise his kids as a muslim
Yoruba a muslims are tolerant ,what Mrs fashola described is the reason a Hausa Muslims see them as weak Muslims
In all their tolerance,you will not see a Yoruba practicing Muslim man give out his Muslim daughter to a Christian man for marriage
That is sin to him
People should tell the truth

Well, I have seen and witness one. My brother's landlord's oldest daughter is married to a Christian. They got married in 2012, though they had what they called the 'Nikai' and also the court wedding at the Ikoyi Registry.
But guess what? My immediate older brother who had this same woman as his landlady is now MARRIED to the woman's last daughter. It all happened last year and they have a son already.
The woman's husband (landlord) would have been the only hindrance, cuz the man nor just send Christianity at all, but when some Alfas and Imams intervened, he had to 'mellow.'
That shows you the kind of family I'm from: one of the MOST liberal family you can possibly think of.
And my mama na strong Deeper Life woman/member o... lol
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by XBLadez: 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2015
Lawprince:

See this Dodomu.
That is the typical life of Lagosians. Any Lagosian Christian that is intolerant must have learnt his intolerance from the imported Easterners. They are the major sponsors of Christian Extremism and intolerance in Nigeria. To them, any Abdul is a Terrorist.
Your MUMU should be spelled in the upper case! Where on earth have u heard or seen a group of Christians lifting arms to against innocent people? I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:

Well, I have seen and witness one. My brother's landlord's oldest daughter is married to a Christian. They got married in 2012, though they had what they called the 'Nikai' and also the court wedding at the Ikoyi Registry.
But guess what? My immediate older brother who had this same woman as his landlady is now MARRIED to the woman's last daughter. It all happened last year and they have a son already.
The woman's husband (landlord) would have been the only hindrance, cuz the man nor just send Christianity at all, but when some Alfas and Imams intervened, he had to 'mellow.'
That shows you the kind of family I'm from: one of the MOST liberal family you can possibly think of.
And my mama na strong Deeper Life woman/member o... lol

And both wives are still Muslim?
Lots of Yoruba Muslims are now Christians
Are these wives Muslim or Christian?
Were they converted Christians before marrying the men?
There is a difference
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by contactmorak: 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
RoyPCain:
fashola needs his head examined. well i am older than him so i could give him older brotherly advise.

no marriage of a muslim is a marriage unless it is a nikah. nikah alone and nothing else with it.

in yoruba culture and every culture except the jew and that is really half baked culture because of their insincerity, father is always the 'owner' of children; this means religion, hometown, family name because the blood is from the father.

for fashola to confuse his children if he can't sell Islam to his wife, he shouldn't throw his children away from Islam. how is he with all his luxury gonna stand before Al Rahman that his non muslim wife over rode the commandment of The One Whose Commandment Over rides all?

i am yoruba. yoruba muslims need to step up their commitment on the 'way of success'.
oga, age is not a measure of intelligence. If you were smarter than him, how come you are not the governor?
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Fairgodwin(m): 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
HARDDON:

What correlation has light with darkness?
What a confused family!

It is expressly stated in the Bible: be not unequally Yoked with unblivas.....

Religious Extremism has caused more harm to the world than Religion itself.
I leave you to yours!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Fairgodwin(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

And both wives are still Muslim?

For the other guy, the wife now goes to church, but for my brother, he and we nor send - she's stil a Muslim.
Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tagbo Umeike: Fan Defends Davido; Highlights What May Have "Caused" His Death / Banky W And Adesua Etomi At Laugh Festival In Lagos (Photo) / Stella Damasus Bans Children From Watching 'Lucifer' Movie, Supports Bamiloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.