Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife (33849 Views)

Prince Okojie: "How Mercy Johnson And I Settle Our Marriage Disputes" / Olamide’s Son Naming Ceremony, Gov. Fashola Others Attend (Photos) / Gov. Fashola Attends Olamide’s Baby Dedication [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Madeu(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yoruba muslims tolerate. That I know . Except of course, the radicalised ones, mostly from Kwara.

Those Neanderthal people.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by dejsmiles(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
Also tell us your influence on him to milk lagos dry with the puppet master.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by intergral(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=38pt] @ MRS FASHOLA undecided[/size]
Do u think that because you duelling in a life of lies(your fake D.P) everybody is doing the same thing?
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:

For the other guy, the wife now goes to church, but for my brother, he and we nor send - she's stil a Muslim.
Thank you!

Na wa
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Rexyl(m): 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yoruba muslims tolerate. That I know . Except of course, the radicalised ones, mostly from Kwara.

People came before tribes, and tribes preceeded religions, if we have this in minds we will know religion should be to blend tribes and make them good people that love and have mercy on others. Any religion that fails to achieve this is not worth to exist.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Madeu(m): 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2015
[s]
oneda:
While I appreciate religious tolerance, but the true born again Christian will have no issue deciding that... LIGHT HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH DARKNESS[/s]

''Emancipate yourself from mental slavery''- Marley
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Rexyl(m): 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:

Kwara people should explain reasons for that. Myself experienced cases of intolerance in some places in Kwara when I was there. The reason might be closeness of the State to North.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by samuelmath50(m): 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2015
januzaj:
Tanoid be lyk

Ur thinking are evil so is ur plan to nigeria u gorge him by his appearance or what? Guy may God have mercy upon ur soul man
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by samuelmath50(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2015
Madeu:
[s]

''Emancipate yourself from mental slavery''- Marley

Oneda what u mean are u saying is bad for christan to marry to musllem u better change that why u need sia buhari
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by falopey: 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2015
RoyPCain:
fashola needs his head examined. well i am older than him so i could give him older brotherly advise.

no marriage of a muslim is a marriage unless it is a nikah. nikah alone and nothing else with it.

in yoruba culture and every culture except the jew and that is really half baked culture because of their insincerity, father is always the 'owner' of children; this means religion, hometown, family name because the blood is from the father.

for fashola to confuse his children if he can't sell Islam to his wife, he shouldn't throw his children away from Islam. how is he with all his luxury gonna stand before Al Rahman that his non muslim wife over rode the commandment of The One Whose Commandment Over rides all?

i am yoruba. yoruba muslims need to step up their commitment on the 'way of success'.

Who says fashola is a Muslim. Politically of course in the public he is. He is a secret follower of Jesus like Nichodemus.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Ennnaj: 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:
I have always loved and admired religion tolerance. And I've always prayed and wished for a Muslim lady for a wife.
My friend's parents while I was in Secondary school were my role models and inspiration - married for over 30 years - the man an Imam/Alfa, while the woman a strong Christian women leader in her church.
God please give me a Muslim lady for a wife - she does her thing, I do mine.
#kpele#
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by falopey: 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
RoyPCain:
fashola needs his head examined. well i am older than him so i could give him older brotherly advise.

no marriage of a muslim is a marriage unless it is a nikah. nikah alone and nothing else with it.

in yoruba culture and every culture exceptional the jew and that is really half baked culture because of their insincerity, father is always the 'owner' of children; this means religion, hometown, family name because the blood is from the father.

for fashola to confuse his children if he can't sell Islam to his wife, he shouldn't throw his children away from Islam. how is he with all his luxury gonna stand before Al Rahman that his non muslim wife over rode the commandment of The One Whose Commandment Over rides all?

i am yoruba. yoruba muslims need to step up their commitment on the 'way of success'.

Who says fashola is a Muslim. Politically of course in the public eye he is. He is a secret follower of Jesus like Nichodemus. embarassed
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Fairgodwin(m): 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Na wa

I know you're finding it very difficult to believe [there are actually people like these]. But have you ever considered there are people out there who have strong views and orientations and social inclinations completely different from yours?
When we talk about education and acquiring education, this is hugely one of the reasons for such clamourings. Education is NOT all about the degrees/certificates BUT [about] TOTAL LIBERATION AND EMANCIPATION!!

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by jamest4real: 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
Acekidc4:
Story Story!!!
a very long one
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by ABITWO: 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2015
Kai! Fellow Nig n Lagosian in particular I wonder such kind of confused spiritual home front. It shows level Godliness or religious home parity our leaders exhibit for the led.. I pray God save the children from a spiritual confussionism (aamin).
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by phibah: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
Can two walk together unless they agree? ....marriage is the strongest bond on earth and I can't see it working out this way?
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2015
@contactmorak: 1:05pm

oga, age is not a measure of intelligence. If you were smarter than him, how come you are not the governor?
i hope you are not saying that fashola is the most intelligent lagosian. if this is not your position, then you are on my side because i only spoke towards his Islam. i couldn't marry a woman who will not allow the nikah to be the process of my union with her. in fact i will not marry a non muslim. period. what i say about fashola, age is a relevant factor based on experience. in islam, age count for something positive. this may be the reason you don't find a 70 year old man going to syria to going isis or rush to boko haraam camp to begin their foolishness. again, my advise is about his religion and how he has been over ran by his wife on their children. bola tinubu does not allow remi ikusebiala tinubu to take their children to church. there is a difference there and you can't love or let the wish of your spouse be the rule over what commands. those who obey creation instead of Creator, they worship the creation they obey.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Joranty: 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2015
Am Muslim marry to a christian for 4yrs now we re living happily cos we did not discrimnate
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Saraben(f): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
How I wish we can manage our own differences too but you left because your mom asked you to leave..... crying....
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by kuss: 2:17pm On Mar 28, 2015
ajoguegbe:
Muslim and catholic has little difference. In fact history has it that Muhammed learnt most things from the Catholic church which was then practicing the backsliding form of ChrisTianity. Things like Fatima, repeating prayers with beads, scapula(a talisman-looking object hung around the waist or neck), etc are practiced by both faith and not in the Bible

True talk
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2015
XBLadez:

Your MUMU should be spelled in the upper case! Where on earth have u heard or seen a group of Christians lifting arms to against innocent people? I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims!!

You've just reasserted your MUMU SYNDROME. You are obviously a product of Christian Extremism with an unenlightened brainwash. Your word "All Terrorists are Muslims" reflects that you may not even have a clue as to what terrorism denotes, and its real evolution.

To educated your limited exposure and extremist brainwash, their are numberless Christian Terrorist Groups and Personalities. But people like you won't know because you're only been fed by the Islamophobic Western media who will always fail to project the other side.

What do you call the following:
The Christian Terrorists in CAR - The Lord Resistant Army Christian terrorist group - The brutal Colonial Masters who also claimed that spreading the Gospel is part of their mission - The brutality of Adolf Hitler who was a Christian - The Crusaders Movement of the previous Century who murdered thousands of Muslims - The Illegitimate invasion of Iraq which George Bush has described as a "Crusade", and has claimed lives of thousands of civilians - The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) and several others.

However, even if they present themselves to be acting for Christianity, we all firmly believe that their brutality is contrary to the pure and loving message of Christ.
This is the same way Muslims too encourage you to view the Boko Haram and the likes, and stop spreading Hate among humanity.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by United4lyf(m): 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
contactmorak:
Speaking to Channels TV In an interview yesterday, First Lady of Lagos state, Dame Abimbola Fashola explained how she and governor Fashola have been able to manage their home despite their religious differences. Abimbola who is Catholic, while her husband, Fashola is a Muslim, has this to say;

"We got married in the Church, the Catholic church, that is who I am, that's where you will take me from and that was done. But ever since then my husband has practiced his religion and I have practiced mine. There is no trouble whatsoever. My husband has his own part of the house where he prays, I have my own altar there with my crucifix and my rosary and everything and everyone is minding their own business. When its time for family prayer, we pray. I pray mine to the name of Jesus Christ while he prays in Allah's name & the children understand all that. My children are baptized and they go to church. When he wants them to go to mosque with him they go to the mosque with him."

A lot of us need to learn from this. Who knows if both of them rejected each other based on religious bias, they might not have achieved such a great destiny?

Mrs Fashola also revealed that to get her husband to do something she wants personally, he would ask her to put it in writing so that he would not forget and give it urgent attention. She said it has become important now that everything that she needs to be done has to be documented and passed to her husband because that is how he says he can manage the homefront and the state effectively.

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/03/must-read-how-gov-fashola-i-have.html
I'm passing through similar experience now,thought not yet married I have a girlfriend which we loved each other but we're almost opposite on all front yet we're still together.I'm a northern muslim while she's a south western christian whose mom is from the south eastern part. We even share opposite political view,while I root for most APC candidates she's a staunch PDP and GEJ's fan,infact she is already planing on how to laugh at me if GEJ wins this election.She's a born again christian that doesn't joke with her religion. While we ague and fight most times,our love always end up prevailing though I must admit that I'm very patient with her. We met while she was doing her HND,and I was newly posted to the state in my working place,she's going for her youth service this may. The problem now is I don't know if my family will accept her and verse versa,but truly we do love each other,but I kept on having this doubt,I have a northern muslim girl too but I love my christian girl more. But I'm afraid,the religious,cultural e.t.c might just be too much for me,please Nairalanders I need ur advice,thanx.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by mandarin: 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2015
If that's how they want to live, its good for them.The Yoruba probably has the highest number of Muslims converts to Christianity per population in the world.Quite a number of families are like the Fashola's and you can't be any judge over your brother.
The Yoruba are culturally inclined people and its one of the most liberal people in the world

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Ron9ja: 2:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
same for i,mum & dad were muslims,later mum joined christainity,my dad still support mum & allow me & sibling to follow mum to church even wen i lose my mum,he still allow while he is a muslim
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by EbuGeneral(m): 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
I cant even marry from another christian faith talkless of another religion. GOD, if i dont become a priest, i will like to marry a pretty CATHOLIC lady.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by XBLadez: 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
Lawprince:

You've just reasserted your MUMU SYNDROME. You are obviously a product of Christian Extremism with an unenlightened brainwash. Your word "All Terrorists are Muslims" reflects that you may not even have a clue as to what terrorism denotes, and its real evolution.

To educated your limited exposure and extremist brainwash, their are numberless Christian Terrorist Groups and Personalities. But people like you won't know because you're only been fed by the Islamophobic Western media who will always fail to project the other side.

What do you call the following:
The Christian Terrorists in CAR - The Lord Resistant Army Christian terrorist group - The brutal Colonial Masters who also claimed that spreading the Gospel is part of their mission - The brutality of Adolf Hitler who was a Christian - The Crusaders Movement of the previous Century who murdered thousands of Muslims - The Illegitimate invasion of Iraq which George Bush has described as a "Crusade", and has claimed lives of thousands of civilians - The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) and several others.

However, even if the present themselves to be acting for Christianity, we all firmly believe that their brutality is contrary to the pure and loving message of Christ.
This is the same way Muslims too encourage you to view the Boko Haram and the likes, and stop spreading Hate among humanity.

A word is enough for the wise.

An assault from any Christian group against Muslims must be a reprisal attack. Need I remind u again of ur religious background, how Islam was introduced in Nigeria? What's with the barbaric rituals of cutting throats or crucifixion after reading from the Quran? It has always been sword and compulsion. Most countries in the world's most corrupt list are there because of Islam.
And don't you misquote me again. I said "not all. .". But u must agree with me that the north is well-known for their religious extremism and violence. It's not like that in the West. That's why Fashola is able to live with a Christian wife
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by sule5727: 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:

I know. Was I preaching about hate?
because u r making reference to a particular area which is bad!!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by khattab02: 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
Joranty:
Am Muslim marry to a christian for 4yrs now we re living happily cos we did not discrimnate
goood! But which side are your children gonna be??
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by khattab02: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
kuss:

True talk
that is 100% false!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by tameera(f): 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2015
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers~ the bible is pretty clear on that!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by princeonx: 3:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
This can only happen in a yoruba family! Igbos won't do it, Hausa won't even dream or think of it!

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by adconline(m): 3:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
Rexyl:

People came before tribes, and tribes preceeded religions, if we have this in minds we will know religion should be to blend tribes and make them good people that love and have mercy on others. Any religion that fails to achieve this is not worth to exist.
Excellent thought!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wizkid Is 3rd On Spotify’s World Artistes / Tobi Bakre And Miracle Hang Out Together (PHOTO) / Nina Ivy Onyenobi's Father Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.