Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife (33857 Views)

Prince Okojie: "How Mercy Johnson And I Settle Our Marriage Disputes" / Olamide’s Son Naming Ceremony, Gov. Fashola Others Attend (Photos) / Gov. Fashola Attends Olamide’s Baby Dedication [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by meccuno: 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2015
Lawprince:

You've just reasserted your MUMU SYNDROME. You are obviously a product of Christian Extremism with an unenlightened brainwash. Your word "All Terrorists are Muslims" reflects that you may not even have a clue as to what terrorism denotes, and its real evolution.

To educated your limited exposure and extremist brainwash, their are numberless Christian Terrorist Groups and Personalities. But people like you won't know because you're only been fed by the Islamophobic Western media who will always fail to project the other side.

What do you call the following:
The Christian Terrorists in CAR - The Lord Resistant Army Christian terrorist group - The brutal Colonial Masters who also claimed that spreading the Gospel is part of their mission - The brutality of Adolf Hitler who was a Christian - The Crusaders Movement of the previous Century who murdered thousands of Muslims - The Illegitimate invasion of Iraq which George Bush has described as a "Crusade", and has claimed lives of thousands of civilians - The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) and several others.

However, even if they present themselves to be acting for Christianity, we all firmly believe that their brutality is contrary to the pure and loving message of Christ.
This is the same way Muslims too encourage you to view the Boko Haram and the likes, and stop spreading Hate among humanity.

A word is enough for the wise.

so Adolph hitler is now a terrorist? Dude.....hitler didn't pursue an agenda based on christian teachings and trying to convert them......but most muslim terrorist try to convert that's the difference....

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by khattab02: 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2015
United4lyf:
I'm passing through similar experience now,thought not yet married I have a girlfriend which we loved each other but we're almost opposite on all front yet we're still together.I'm a northern muslim while she's a south western christian whose mom is from the south eastern part. We even share opposite political view,while I root for most APC candidates she's a staunch PDP and GEJ's fan,infact she is already planing on how to laugh at me if GEJ wins this election.She's a born again christian that doesn't joke with her religion. While we ague and fight most times,our love always end up prevailing though I must admit that I'm very patient with her. We met while she was doing her HND,and I was newly posted to the state in my working place,she's going for her youth service this may. The problem now is I don't know if my family will accept her and verse versa,but truly we do love each other,but I kept on having this doubt,I have a northern muslim girl too but I love my christian girl more. But I'm afraid,the religious,cultural e.t.c might just be too much for me,please Nairalanders I need ur advice,thanx.
grin

hmmmm.......

Now I no even understand how una love take come or where e dey head to...

The odds are much!

This is what you should simply do, be open minded to yourself and tell yourself the reality of the matter, seeing all the differences and barriers between from both sides do you really think it will work??

If not, then it is time to move on to reallity and stop waisting time.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by chyket(m): 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2015
To me,this is not exemplary.You are merely putting your kids in religious confusion.My take is,if you love a man enough to marry him then you must marry everything that comes with him.
You have done it successfully I perceive but you should not flaunt it as if you are a role model in such issues.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Erukulele(m): 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2015
@adconline, nairaland has created a platform for you to rant and showcase how irresponsible and immature you are. Islam is a religion with principle as it preaches peace there is but only one path no look alike but if you are sensible enough you will know its illogical for a believer to breed hypocrites. You are not a muslim so you might not understand the tenets of the religion when the holy prophet(SAW) enjoined muslims to avoid hell fire he tasked them to carry their family along i dont judge fashola or do i mention what will happen to him after death? I only mentioned what islam says which is total submission to the will of Allah. If you can abuse someone or his lineage because of your so called religion tolerance what then was your stake when pastor oyedepo refused to help his sister because she didnt join his religion. Common sense allows constructive criticism but not an attack, what effect will being a governor on earth has on judgement day when all creatures will rise and only the righteous would be considered. Grow up and reason like a matured man.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2015
XBLadez:

An assault from any Christian group against Muslims must be a reprisal attack. Need I remind u again of ur religious background, how Islam was introduced in Nigeria? What's with the barbaric rituals of cutting throats or crucifixion after reading from the Quran? It has always been sword and compulsion. Most countries in the world's most corrupt list are there because of Islam.
And don't you misquote me again. I said "not all. .". But u must agree with me that the north is well-known for their religious extremism and violence. It's not like that in the West. That's why Fashola is able to live with a Christian wife

If I have to speak like you. I will have to remind you that Christianity came into Nigeria via the Colonial Master; It was an imposed culture on the people of Nigeria at that moment. The same people who introduced Christianity were those responsible for murdering and enslaving so many humans. They were also the champions of racism against blacks.

I could still vividly remember that our Grand Fathers at that time were denied Education except they change their various Muslim names to Christian names. Chief Richard Akinjide and many others are living examples of that.

What I am asserting is that for you to be compatible with civilisation, you have to change your ideology of blaming the stupidity of few people on the larger group.

For your education, Islam never came into Nigeria through violence as you ignorantly described above. Islam was introduced in Nigeria through the Malian Traders (Mansa Musa) as early as the 9th Century.
Read further here to clear your Brainwash Misconception: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by United4lyf(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2015
khattab02:
grin

hmmmm.......

Now I no even understand how una love take come or where e dey head to...

The odds are much!

This is what you should simply do, be open minded to yourself and tell yourself the reality of the matter, seeing all the differences and barriers between from both sides do you really think it will work??

If not, then it is time to move on to reallity and stop waisting time.
still evaluating things sha,i have a replacement on standby already should in case things end up not working, anyway thanks for your advice.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
meccuno:
so Adolph hitler is now a terrorist? Dude.....hitler didn't pursue an agenda based on christian teachings and trying to convert them......but most muslim terrorist try to convert that's the difference....

Respectfully Sir,
1. Hitler has always been a terrorist. A mass murderer in fact. Except if the word 'Terrorist' is a reserved accolade for Muslim hooligans.

2. On if Hitler pursued his agenda based on Christian influence. Below is a quote of his:

"We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity ... in fact our movement is Christian." - He was referring to the terror Nazi group.

See; Speech in Passau 27 October 1928 Bundesarchiv Berlin-Zehlendorf; from Richard Steigmann-Gall (2003). Holy Reich: Nazi conceptions of Christianity, 1919–1945. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. pp. 60–61 http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

However, My argument is not that these cruel personalities represent the religions they claim to profess. In fact, their characters are contrary to the religious beliefs. My major claim is that we should shun the Extremist behaviour of always attaching the irresponsibility or Criminality of some to their respecrive faith teachings.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by khattab02: 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
meccuno:
the bold is very wrong and does not present the teachings of Islam.

Those who do that do it for their false and senseless belief not as instructed by religion.

Islam is accepted by oneself and willingness not by coercion.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2015
sule5727:
because u r making reference to a particular area which is bad!!

What's bad in saying the truth?
I know you are from Kwara, but my observations about fanatism is the truth.Why didn't I choose Osun or any other south west state? Please drop sentiments aside.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by sule5727: 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:

What's bad in saying the truth?
I know you are from Kwara, but my observations about fanatism is the truth.Why didn't I choose Osun or any other south west state? Please drop sentiments aside.
ok I hear u!!! But for ur information I'm frm kwara...
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2015
sule5727:
ok I hear u!!! But for ur inform[b]ation I'm frm kwara[/b]...

I know..Already you exhibited that same intolerance I pointed out earlier.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2015
ajoguegbe:
Muslim and catholic has little difference. In fact history has it that Muhammed learnt most things from the Catholic church which was then practicing the backsliding form of ChrisTianity. Things like Fatima, repeating prayers with beads, scapula(a talisman-looking object hung around the waist or neck), etc are practiced by both faith and not in the Bible

Heehee...but if say Catholic church dey do 72-virgin Visa Lottery ehhh.

Cheei!

I for don dey paradise tey tey cheesy
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by khattab02: 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
United4lyf:
still evaluating things sha,i have a replacement on standby already should in case things end up not working, anyway thanks for your advice.
you are welcome. May Allah make her a good spouse for u. Ameeen!!!!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by United4lyf(m): 5:14pm On Mar 28, 2015
khattab02:
you are welcome. May Allah make her a good spouse for u. Ameeen!!!!
Ameen bro, thanx so much.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by sule5727: 5:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:

I'm jst trying to let u know dat making reference to some part is nt good! But for u to come out openly to tell me I'm already exhibiting dat intolerance u r already going out of point!! If I may ask u wat is premise used before reaching ur conclusion...

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yoruba muslims tolerate. That I know . Except of course, the radicalised ones, mostly from Kwara.

iffa hear! Guy just leave that thought you hear? i use God name beg you. The thing my eye saw cos of this very same issue.just leave story for tortoise and they werent even from kwara (i gree say those ones na another level be their own! Kwara muslim family no let muslim boy marry their daughter cos hes from ibadan.two of them still dey do hide hide love 4years and counting! meanwhile the guy don dey approach 40 - true story) My own was a different story all together. please once again no talk am say Yoruba Muslims tolerate *still trying to block certain things from my mind till this day*
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by sule5727: 5:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:

I'm here for quarrel am for peace plsssss am out of here!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
oneda:
While I appreciate religious tolerance, but the true born again Christian will have no issue deciding that... LIGHT HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH DARKNESS

This is exactly the type of thought process this thread is trying to quell and for the greater good of the country might i suggest you keep this to yourself? Whilst at it a further upgrade on the use of English language? Brighter grammar they called it? The little book published for cases such as these?
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
Agbalanze:
This is nonsense. You should either accept him n his religion and practice it or never marry him at all. You claim the children understand but do u really know the psychological effect its having on them. They go to mosque on Friday and get taught and on sunday, they are taught another in a Church.
In case u don't know but am sure u know, it leads to a broken family and divided home. I refuse to buy your idea cos u know deep down ur heart that it has not been easy but u are mere covering up cos u are a public figure.

Yes very true you know the womans children and family more than she does. smh
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2015
sule5727:
I'm here for quarrel am for peace plsssss am out of here!

Lmao.
No vex biko. cheesy
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
Erukulele:
Personally, i dont see fashola as the type of muslim the holy prophet(SAW) refers to as believers or how does he explain the fact that his children are church goer muslims. He will wake up in the morning to pray subhi and neither his wife nor children living under thesame roof with him will be there. A muslim who cannot control his immediate family to perform solat cannot be taken to be a devoted muslim or is he comparable to his counterpart in Osun state- Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola?

Technically hes not an extremist who believes other humans have a right to their own beliefs and thoughts, is this your point?
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:

You said you've lived among them, meaning you understood them better(?) I was actually speaking in regards to that point - to let you know that I have equally lived among them and that I also understand them and not just talking for talking sake.
Yes, I have seen a successful Christian-Muslim marriage, not just from afar or on the pages of newspapers. Apart from my secondary school friend's parents' example, my older sister [of the same parents] is successfully married to a Muslim from Osun State. They have been married since 2002 (13 years) with 3 kids (all boys).
Hope you happy now?

Gbamest! love dis!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by XBLadez: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2015
Lawprince:

If I have to speak like you. I will have to remind you that Christianity came into Nigeria via the Colonial Master; It was an imposed culture on the people of Nigeria at that moment. The same people who introduced Christianity were those responsible for murdering and enslaving so many humans. They were also the champions of racism against blacks.

I could still vividly remember that our Grand Fathers at that time were denied Education except they change their various Muslim names to Christian names. Chief Richard Akinjide and many others are living examples of that.

What I am asserting is that for you to be compatible with civilisation, you have to change your ideology of blaming the stupidity of few people on the larger group.

For your education, Islam never came into Nigeria through violence as you ignorantly described above. Islam was introduced in Nigeria through the Malian Traders (Mansa Musa) as early as the 9th Century.
Read further here to clear your Brainwash Misconception: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Nigeria
No, you yourself, are rather brainwashed. Go read the story of Uthman Dan Fodio, a Fulani and Islamic writer; how he started Jihad in Nigeria, forcing many Christians/Pagans in the northern to convert. Your religion has a history of war and violence, starting with ur Prophet Muhammad. He preached and killed all the same. Up to date, when we mention terrorism, Islam comes to mind. ISIL, Hezbollah, Taliban etc are all Islamic terrorist groups. Deny this and deny your faith! Although, not all of you believe in violence, especially those of u who have gone across their boundaries to mix up with people of all walks of life. So shut the eff up!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2015
adconline:

There goes the fanatic who believes that he's God-appointed judge on earth. But you know what, Fashola and his family are a role model for tolerance and making positive impact in people's lives.. They will forever will be remembered, but NOBODY is going to remember you or ur lineage. Always a nobody telling successful people how to get better!!

spot on!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by sule5727: 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lmao.
No vex biko. cheesy
ok one love
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2015
contactmorak:
oga, age is not a measure of intelligence. If you were smarter than him, how come you are not the governor?

God! i nearly peed in my pants after reading this! Had wanted to reply this gentleman earlier but for lack of how to go about talking rudely to someone old enough to be my father. Honestly even i couldnt have given a reply this good! THANK YOU my good sir!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fairgodwin:

For the other guy, the wife now goes to church, but for my brother, he and we nor send - she's stil a Muslim.
Thank you!

*whistling whilst walking around thread waiting to hear another silly excuse for lack of common sense* Guy i duff my hat for your family and your brother please tell him someone who doesnt know him salutes respects him stupendously!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Erukulele(m): 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2015
@refreshrate, the principle of islam has no look alike he is going to report to Allah how he controlled his family which you will not be there to interpret or defend him as just did. He is muslim with doctrine that is different from christainity now a father of church goer muslim, confusion!, extremism is far from leading your family to the path you believe and follow. He is directly and indirectly connected with the actions of his family Almighty Allah will ask him, think of hereafter and forget the world because whatever we are our days are numbered.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2015
Madeu:

Those Neanderthal people.

Chisos! Kwara no dey Nigeria again?

lol

if i could agree anymore with you on this we would be siamese!
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2015
Rexyl:

People came before tribes, and tribes preceeded religions, if we have this in minds we will know religion should be to blend tribes and make them good people that love and have mercy on others. Any religion that fails to achieve this is not worth to exist.

can i copy this? please? as in true intelligence if i must say so myself
*follows poster*
if only you know how much i respect intelligent people! probably the most intelligent thing ive ever read on this Forum
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Mbediogu(m): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2015
contactmorak:
Speaking to Channels TV In an interview yesterday, First Lady of Lagos state, Dame Abimbola Fashola explained how she and governor Fashola have been able to manage their home despite their religious differences. Abimbola who is Catholic, while her husband, Fashola is a Muslim, has this to say;

"We got married in the Church, the Catholic church, that is who I am, that's where you will take me from and that was done. But ever since then my husband has practiced his religion and I have practiced mine. There is no trouble whatsoever. My husband has his own part of the house where he prays, I have my own altar there with my crucifix and my rosary and everything and everyone is minding their own business. When its time for family prayer, we pray. I pray mine to the name of Jesus Christ while he prays in Allah's name & the children understand all that. My children are baptized and they go to church. When he wants them to go to mosque with him they go to the mosque with him."

A lot of us need to learn from this. Who knows if both of them rejected each other based on religious bias, they might not have achieved such a great destiny?

Mrs Fashola also revealed that to get her husband to do something she wants personally, he would ask her to put it in writing so that he would not forget and give it urgent attention. She said it has become important now that everything that she needs to be done has to be documented and passed to her husband because that is how he says he can manage the homefront and the state effectively.

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/03/must-read-how-gov-fashola-i-have.html

What do we call such amalgam of religions, Chrislam?
There are clearly areas where Christianity and Islam are irreconciliable, how do you people ride over? I see that my amiable governor and his lovable wife will end up as neither christians or moslems, and not attaining heaven or aljana. No insults intended.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Basketmouth Slams PDP: We Voted A President Not A Magician / New Photos Of Obot Etuk / Most Hated Nigerian Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.