Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,170 members, 7,780,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:42 AM

How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan (4728 Views)

Revealed: Seized 47 Suvs, 100 Motorcycles Bought For Jonathan’s Campaign / How Amaechi Ended Up Being The Biggest Loser In The APC Game-Plan! / 2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by hungryboy(m): 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
Ever since the campaign for the presidential election started, i did make up my mind to vote for change, cos there was no visible federal government project in my state,
I changed my mind today at the last minute, when i talked to a few hausa guys at my polling booth, then realised that the were all voting for Apc, and the were even cursing Jonathan and even accusing him of sponsoring bokoharam, i told them about Jonathan's almajiri education project and the many projects he has done in the north, i even told them that Jonathan hasn't done much here for us his people, compared to the north, but the had none of it, then i realised that this guys were voting based on religious sentiments,
I had no choice but to vote based on 'na our man' sentiments too,
Though am not proud of myself, Afterall am still going to be doing this business am doing no matter who wins,
There is so much hate between the tribes and religions in this country, 'lets stop living this lie' called Nigeria, lets divide this country

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Jelo4kul(m): 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2015
K
Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2015
hungryboy:
Ever since the campaign for the presidential election started, i did make up my mind to vote for change, cos there was no visible federal government project in my state,
I changed my mind today at the last minute, when i talked to a few hausa guys at my polling booth, then realised that the were all voting for Apc, and the were even cursing Jonathan and even accusing him of sponsoring bokoharam, i told them about Jonathan's almajiri education project and the many projects he has done in the north, i even told them that Jonathan hasn't done much here for us his people, compared to the north, but the had none of it, then i realised that this guys were voting based on religious sentiments,
Though am not proud of myself, Afterall am still going to be doing this business am doing no matter who wins,
There is so much hate between the tribes and religions in this country, 'lets stop living this lie' called Nigeria, lets divide this country
u r just daft..i pity your future

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Rich4god(m): 3:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
Na today you know... even if its shekau running against gej... most northerners will vote for him... same way some pple in the south will vote for a criminal from southern extraction than vote for a credible northerner.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by khassy(m): 3:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
ur name rightly describe you

7 Likes

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by khassy(m): 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2015
ur name rightly describe you
anyways

GEJ till 2019
na so them go change mind vote GEJ finish

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Haywhymido(m): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2015
two wrongs doesnt make a right. U cld av show dem d right path even after dey had voted buhari based on tribe sentiment. Dey fail, likewise u too. Am nt voting buhari because am a muslim, i kareless if he is a pagan since we nt in an islamic country. We need change desperately. We need buhari more dan he need us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by loomer: 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2015
He made is choice, people should respect that, stop throwing abuses abi na insults at him, vote u want and let the best man win....

With this much hate in our hearts I don't see Nigeria ever moving forward.

And for those of u who keep saying Nigeria should divide, I sorry for una, Ukraine case go be like child's play for una.

6 Likes

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by simdam500(m): 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Etinosajay(m): 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
Oga OP, campaign has ended. NL police should arrest you for this campaign.

If you've voted. Keep it to yourself

1 Like

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
my brother u have done the right thing by voting for the best candidate.

meanwhile is

GEJ all the way.

10 Likes

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Ikengawo: 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
Rich4god:
Na today you know... even if its shekau running against gej... most northerners will vote for him... same way some pple in the south will vote for a criminal from southern extraction than vote for a credible northerner.

that's a lie because the SS supported Yar Adua overwhelmingly. And Shagari, Balewa, etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by bondingman: 4:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
Pat yourself on the back
You've just seen the light!

4 Likes

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Flets: 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
APC supporters hardly entertain different opinions and very violent.

The responses on this thread is another testament to that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Fash20: 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
Ure a fool then. You voted for Jonathan because the hausas voted for APC. What a fallacious way of thinking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Fawklicant: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2015
hungryboy:

My guy you did nothing wrong. You should be proud of yourself. As far as Nigeria is concerned in 2015 and the nearest future, voting will mostly be along ethnic and religious lines first before other considerations. Some people think it is their birthright and hardly use performance as yardstick. Besides, you don't owe anybody any apologies for whoever you chose to vote. It is your prerogative.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by san316(m): 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2015
OP your tone is like that of a man that had sexxxx with his neighbors dog to get back at him and is feeling guilty about it.

Its okay. Let the best man win.

2 Likes

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by ndcide(m): 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2015
@op, if your story is true, then you did the right thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Djicemob: 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fash20:
Ure a fool then. You voted for Jonathan because all the hausas voted for APC.
How is he a fool? What justifies you calling him a fool? Do you have corned beef for brains?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Djicemob: 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
soe:
You an APC supporter,one can easily tell,the way you are quick to throw insults at any contrary view or action from your regular robotic followership.

5 Likes

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by zinachidi(m): 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
soe:
u guys dont have control of tongue shaa, must u call him daft b4 u air ur view? This is a public forum pls

5 Likes

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 28, 2015
hungryboy:

Your excuse isn't credible at all. Maybe you should listen to anti- Buhari people too and see how they call him names like Bokoh.ari and how they malign him, accusing him of sponsoring Boko Haram.

You gave a childish excuse and ended up voting based on tribal sentiment.
You are just as ignorant as those Hausas.

You should shut up and hide your face in shame anywhere sane people are discussing the cons of tribal sentiments.

6 Likes

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by ArodeTsolaye: 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2015
Good job OP. Hausa-fulani are voting Buhari because he is from the North and Muslim. Some Yoruba muslims are voting Buhari based on religion and yoruba christians are voting APC because Osibanjo their son is on the ticket as VP. But they feel the East and SS do not have the right to vote based on ethnic and religious sentiments.

I voted #GEJ. Let Nigeria burn if it will.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2015
all d muslims r voting 4 Buhari in my ward too . i hate Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by dein77(m): 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2015
soe:

You guys need to change! You insulted a man cos his perception is different from yours?

I pity your entire generation!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2015
hifaif:

Your excuse isn't credible at all. Maybe you should listen to anti- Buhari people too and see how they call him names like Bokoh.ari and how they malign him, accusing him of sponsoring Boko Haram.

You gave a childish excuse and ended up voting based on tribal sentiment.
You are just as ignorant as those Hausas.

You should shut up and hide your face in shame anywhere sane people are discussing the cons of tribal sentiments.

your are very stupiid
Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Icon4s(m): 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2015
hungryboy:

Exactly my point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by Here2BustnScrew: 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2015
hungryboy:
you did the right

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by anneedu: 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2015
Was supporting Apc too untill the bomb blast in enugu and onistha today, then I realised that Apc never wants good things for we christains and I looked around too, I didn't see any hausa I realise that no hausa is in support of goodluck so I ask myself, am I this fool to this point.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan by kilimanjaro(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2015
Na person think like this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter Reacts To Biafra Radio Hate Speech / Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund / Oby Ezekwesili Is A Sick, Demented Fool For Her Nigeria Air Remarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.