Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra (27221 Views)

Senator Abu Ibrahim Escaping Lynching In Katsina (Video) / Senator Abu Ibrahim Escapes Lynching In Kaduna (Photos) / Nigerian Army General Escapes Lynching By Hungry Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by nesta007(m): 5:59am On Mar 29, 2015
Anxious voters almost lynched electoral officials at Umunankwo/ Mputu ward in Ogbaru local government area of Anambra State for arriving late to the polling unit.

LEADERSHIP Sunday gathered that the poll officials arrived the centre at about 12:30pm without result sheets for two polling units. One of the officials for the centre, Mr. Ignatius Onyejekwe, stated that he escaped the wrath of the voters along with other ad hoc staff by the whiskers.

Narrating his ordeal to the electoral officer, he stated that the voters were angry because they could not find voting materials for two polling units there and the presiding officials.

As at 3:30pm, INEC officials hadn’t arrived Obeagwe, Akili-Ogidi and Ogwuikpele communities in Ogbaru riverine area because of the difficult terrain owing to rain fall that occurred the previous night. The electoral officials were said to have refused entering a flying boat to access the three communities.

Meanwhile, though the elections witnessed massive turnout of voters in the state, late commencement of accreditation of voters and malfunctioning of the card readers characterised the conduct of the polls in many centres in the state. In polling centres in different parts of the three senatorial zones of the state, hundreds of intending voters besieged the polling units as early as 7:30am but there were no INEC officials to attend to them. In some polling centres, electoral officials even arrived without some necessary polling materials.

In many polling units in Aguata local government area, there were reports of large scale malfunctioning of the card readers and in some places there were no card readers at all.

As at 10:48pm in Oraifite ward 3, Ekwusigo local government local government, card readers distributed to the polling units were not functional. Those distributed to Awo Central School polling unit, Oraifite were also not functional. Electoral officials told anxious voters at about 11:57am that if after one hour, solution did not come from their superiors in Awka, they will start accrediting them manually.

Also, Ernest Eze, an intending voter at Umudim voting centre, Nnewi said INEC officials told them that the card readers were not working and that they were waiting for instruction from their superiors in Awka before they could resort to the use of manual accreditation, using the index INEC form.

At about 11:10am, voters at Nawgu Ward Two, Dunukofia local government complained they could not undergo accreditation because card readers were not functioning. Similar situation was reported at Osumenyi ward 7, Nnewi-South LGA as at 11:37am.

http://leadership.ng/news/421318/poll-officials-escape-lynching-in-anambra

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by Wonderboy1(m): 6:03am On Mar 29, 2015
Anambra state ndi obiakpo, with the Gov. Onye obiano...

Ftc..

Dancing shoki and skelewu combination.

Happy palm Sunday to all

5 Likes

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by 5p1naz(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2015
how is the picture of a crying mopol officer related to inec officials Almost lynched??

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by frankobaba(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2015
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by kingopta(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2015
Anyway!

#Sai Baba

#Sai Buhari

Advocate For Change is here

32 Likes

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by afuye(m): 7:53am On Mar 29, 2015
PDP mercenaries at work again

Anyway

Sai Buhari

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by obibankz(m): 7:53am On Mar 29, 2015
GEJ WINNING IN INEC RESULT SHEETS WHILE BUHARI WINS ONLINE SHEETS, WE ALREADY CELEBRATING GEJ VICTORY HERE AT LAG, SAI GEJ

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 29, 2015
plz u guys should stop all dis violence

let's pray how GEJ will retain his position in Aso rock

am so scared ooo

am a strong PDP member

u can check my post and comments in ma profile

for now am partyless

am on d winning team

no more GEJ till..........
lets see what election yields first

Sa Buhari/ Sai GEJ
incase who wins am on d both sides

from a confused PDP member

16 Likes

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 29, 2015
Nigerians need to learn that African time is not acceptable.

I went to a primary school where if you did not get into school at eight am....you were locked out. Sometimes they'd let you in...after one hour...(by which time you had missed the first class of the day....usually mathematics). And you had to apologize to the class before they let you in.

The effects on my life.? Thanks to that habit.....I am now pathologically scared of coming late for any event or work!(Even had a nightmare in the run up to my final exams in medical school....where I was 2 hours late to said exam. Scared me well well grin).

I honestly do not know why Nigerians do not believe in the value of time. You may laugh at my fear of coming late to work. But if I come late to work....patients will be left waiting for hours on end. And when there is an emergency..... Either way...people are left angry and hurt.

It is high time Nigerians learned to think about others welfare. Yes assaulting people is bad.....but I doubt the good voters in the above mentioned polling unit woke up that morning thinking ''I am going to beat up an INEC official today''. Please...INEC....take note for future reference. This is not the first time it has happened.It must not happen again.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 29, 2015
Seriously,this is bad

Inec are not prepared for this or what??

All i know is that,buhari must win.

8 Likes

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by MKO4ever(m): 7:54am On Mar 29, 2015
Thank God for his life
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by joystickextendr: 7:56am On Mar 29, 2015
na wa o

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by David0(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2015
Changiiiiii
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by lonelydora: 7:57am On Mar 29, 2015
Whats all these about missing result sheets? PDP agents at work. Whether result sheet or not, Baba welcome to Aso Rock.

7 Likes

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by mployer(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2015
I trust Anambra and Abia people, they no dey hear word.

We too gentle for Imo state cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by khassy(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2015
shitty APC propagandists

anyways

cruizing to victory in our Bentley Continental

GEJ till 2019

5 Likes

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by januzaj(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2015
naija.
sai baba
if na for NORTH now
i reserve my comment

2 Likes

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by pweetixandy: 7:57am On Mar 29, 2015
Mad people

They should have attacked the inec officials now,let's see how they would cast their votes without them.

Stu.pi.d nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by umarc19: 7:58am On Mar 29, 2015
Wait first, I tot they said it is going to start at 8am lipsrsealed

And then they came 12:30pm with missing election materials, they knw it is not going to be well with them.
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 29, 2015
Whats wrong with these people...so them for jst kill d guy like dat.

A beg...see as these pdp polithievcian wan use money buy our vote again... na them we suppose lynch i swear.

they rule us for 16 yrs n we still dey backward nw they wan use our head again with dat small small change wey them dey share!

1 Like

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by SmooshCHN: 7:58am On Mar 29, 2015
People are desperate for Change grin grin.

Keep Calm and Vote for Change

4 Likes

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by koligs: 7:59am On Mar 29, 2015
I declare PEACE henceforth and even forever more in Jesus name..
no form of violence again in Jesus name
insha allah....

1 Like

Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by millionboi(m): 7:59am On Mar 29, 2015
Visa pay when your visa is ready@www.citygateslink.com
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by okenwa101(m): 8:00am On Mar 29, 2015
[quote author=afuye post=32121508]PDP mercenaries at work again

Anyway

Must PDP be tagged with anything bad

Check ur self if U couldn't take responsibility of your failure rather than tag and blame others.
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by Nickymezor(f): 8:00am On Mar 29, 2015
Nawa oo, datz serious... shocked
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by ruddylicious: 8:00am On Mar 29, 2015
Which way Nigeria......
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by koreat(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2015
please comment without including a party.
sm ppl make reasonable comments but spoil it with party blames.
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by Lanceslot(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2015
I don't believe this lies, my people can't do such thing.
Re: Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra by squaddy(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2015
This is blatantly false.

What part of Anambra is inaccessible?

How does that picture relate to the story?

Please stop peddling these wicked lies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. / Drama At NIMASA As Jauro Displaces Obi As Acting DG / NAF Takes Delivery Of Final Batch Of Super Mushshak Aircraft.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.