Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong (3512 Views)

Why Are Women Unclean From Partaking In Church Activities After Childbirth / He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2015
We were invited for an evening program.when we got there the pastor was preaching after that,he said its time for communion.they shared it round,the pastor asked us why we are not partaking,my husband told him we are first timers but the pastor said it doesnt matter and insist we take it,but we refuse.
A lady also refuse that she is a first timer too,the pastor got angry.
Please i want to know if its right or wrong.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by evjblizee: 9:24am On Mar 29, 2015
To my own understanding,holy communion is to be taking by those who are holy and rightousley bathised by the name of the father,of the son and of the holy spirit in the river by a reverend father or a pastor' that is when you pass the lecture of batism.if not you just take in a curse. May the lord deliverd us of our ignorance
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by iliyande(m): 9:36am On Mar 29, 2015
This can be of help to you.

1 Corinthians 11:24-27

And when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord.

IN 1 Corinthians 11:28

Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 29, 2015
Ist let me know why u ddnt take it? (Don't tell me it's because u're new). Could it be bc u don't trust the pastor yet?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Acekidc4(m): 10:29am On Mar 29, 2015
Its very WRONG!!
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 29, 2015
Acekidc4:
Its very WRONG!!
Hw can it be wrong?
It is a communion for crying out loud. Communion is d joining together of minds and spirits. Synonyms are fellowship, partnership, participation, harmony, agreement.
If u could eat d spiritual food with them (d word) wht stops u from feeding on the physical. If u dont agree with their doctrines, fine. But leave out the unnecessary bias

2 Likes

Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 29, 2015
It is 100% right.....ready to answer questions on this

1 Like

Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 29, 2015
Acekidc4:
Its very WRONG!!
says who?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 11:43am On Mar 29, 2015
annazubi:
Ist let me know why u ddnt take it? (Don't tell me it's because u're new). Could it be bc u don't trust the pastor yet?
that was my first time there,i dont know anyth about d church.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 11:44am On Mar 29, 2015
starlingleanets:
It is 100% right.....ready to answer questions on this
expantiate pls
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 11:46am On Mar 29, 2015
iliyande:

And when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord.

Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
my doctrine dont allow dat.
Am a redeemer,i had to go tro baptism first b4 communion,but in ds case d pastor dont give a damn if u re baptised or not.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

expantiate pls
One become a member of the body of Christ by Faith in him nd not in church. Since then They are christains they are entitled to eat the communion in any fellowship
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2015
evjblizee:
To my own understanding,holy communion is to be taking by those who are holy and rightousley bathised by the name of the father,of the son and of the holy spirit in the river by a reverend father or a pastor' that is when you pass the lecture of batism.if not you just take in a curse. May the lord deliverd us of our ignorance
in this case we were nt baptised,and ds was just a nite program.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2015
starlingleanets:
One become a member of the body of Christ by Faith in him nd not in church. Since then They are christains they are entitled to eat the communion in any fellowship
noted but not all churches allow dat.infact my mum's church AG u ve to b a full member
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

noted but not all churches allow dat.infact my mum's church AG u ve to b a full member
and dat is why reformation is needed dear

1 Like

Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by iliyande(m): 11:58am On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

Am a redeemer,i had to go tro baptism first b4 communion,but in ds case d pastor dont give a damn if u re baptised or not.

Yes, even in my church doctrine
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
iliyande:

Yes, even in my church doctrine
ok so u agree dat we did d right thing?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
starlingleanets:
and dat is why reformation is needed dear
the bible can never be reform to suit anybody.
B4 communion u mk sure d person accpt christ first.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

By reformation i mean the doctrine of the Apostles should be use instead of church doctrines
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

But she has accepted Christ yet they won't allow her to eat bcus she is not member of their church
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by iliyande(m): 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

ok so u agree dat we did d right thing?
Sure
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
iliyande:

Sure
ok,and i dont regret my actions

1 Like

Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

Pls what kind of baptism r u talking abt?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2015
starlingleanets:
But she has accepted Christ yet they won't allow her to eat bcus she is not member of their church
i didnt accpt d communion cos i was der for d first tym.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
starlingleanets:
By reformation i mean the doctrine of the Apostles should be use instead of church doctrines
which i knw sm churches re using,hw can smone come to ur church d first time,u dont knw if he has accpted christ or baptised nd u insist d person must tk communion,mbok i ran oh nd never went bak
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Pls what kind of baptism r u talking abt?
baptised by immersion
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

Such a terrible mindset
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
iliyande:

The examination being talked abt is motive. Some brethren eat and drink to excess while others do not get at all. Discretion is adviced.

1co11.21.kjv For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Such a terrible mindset
hw is it terrible?
If u ve taken in ur church u go to ten diffrnt churches for ten day,dats hw u ll be taking
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

which i knw sm churches re using,hw can smone come to ur church d first time,u dont knw if he has accpted christ or baptised nd u insist d person must tk communion,mbok i ran oh nd never went bak
you should have taken the communion dear
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

Aren't you a christain dear?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

baptised by immersion
But John clearly told u dt water baptism was his and dt Jesus baptised with d Holy Spirit and with fire.
Why exactly do u think water baptism is necessary for communion?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians And The Foolishness Of Freewill / To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe / I Am From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.